• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

FlameEmperor

Smash Cadet
NNID
FlameEmperor
IDK why Mewtwo Mains that dislike bandwagoners are even concerned about them. Mewtwo is super hard to play, and eating such hefty punishment for simple mistakes will turn away a lot of people who don't like Mewtwo enough to grind through that initial learning curve.

:150:
This exactly.

There is no point whatsoever to worry of about "bandwagoners." We play a weird ass character with weird properties and mechanics. Not everyone will find Mewtwo very apealling, regardless of buffs, his archetype as a character is far and away from the "norm." Hell the fact we got any ppl at all to pick up this guy is great.

Now onto to this discussion of nerfing or buffing characters. There is no point whatsoever wishing for this stuff, Sakurai works in mysterious ways. We just gotta work with what we got right now and how to deal with cards we have. Complaining or wishing isn't going make us any better..

Just a little saltyer.

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
This exactly.

There is no point whatsoever to worry of about "bandwagoners." We play a weird *** character with weird properties and mechanics. Not everyone will find Mewtwo very apealling, regardless of buffs, his archetype as a character is far and away from the "norm." Hell the fact we got any ppl at all to pick up this guy is great.

Now onto to this discussion of nerfing or buffing characters. There is no point whatsoever wishing for this stuff, Sakurai works in mysterious ways. We just gotta work with what we got right now and how to deal with cards we have. Complaining or wishing isn't going make us any better..

Just a little saltyer.
Lol but can we at least dream for some low tier buffs ;)

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Bandwagoners are in the end, a good thing. You'll have some people who will join, see how hard the character is and quickly leave. But you'll also have some people who will stick around and further the meta of our character which is always a good thing. The more we win, the more we get in numbers. The more numbers we have, the more chances of us getting #1 or top 8 or top 16 or 32 or whatever number gets people to flock to this character.

Similar thing happened with MK.

Just...can we please not devolve to focusing around 1 particular part of our character like MK? @.@ the entire reason I dropped the character.

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
No patch? Oh. False alarm, then. It's a shame, too. That means more countless days of Bayonetta complaints.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Magearna is confirmed to be a steel/fairy type, it seems. No surprise there.

Honestly I forgot that it even existed. Some Pokemon fanatic I am.

Last edited:

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452

Eight_SixtyFour

Smash Ace
I know this is incredibly impractical to do perfectly in a real match, but I really hope this doesn't lead to his Nair getting nerfed.
I don't think it will be nerfed unless it proves to be a huge problem in comp play. For the record, the guy who did this does insane HRC compilations so unless we all start improving our HRC records... ;)

Kamtheman56

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kamtheman56
3DS FC
3222-6187-6285
I'd like to imagine that Nair is going to remain mostly untouched due to the fact of it being just acceptable. Nothing to write home about, but can get the job done.

LRodC

NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
I don't think it will be nerfed unless it proves to be a huge problem in comp play. For the record, the guy who did this does insane HRC compilations so unless we all start improving our HRC records... ;)
Yeah, but judging by the patch history, they're going to want all infinites out for good reason, even if it's tough to do them. If they add landing lag to Nair though to fix this, it'll get a lot worse. I wonder if there's a way to fix this without nerfing anything but the infinite itself?

Last edited:

Eight_SixtyFour

Smash Ace
Yeah, but judging by the patch history, they're going to want all infinites out for good reason, even if it's tough to do them. If they add landing lag to Nair though to fix this, it'll get a lot worse. I wonder if there's a way to fix this without nerfing anything but the infinite itself?
Given how bad Nair's landing lag was earlier and how the subsequent patches have reduced it (think over the course of 8 months it went down from 19 frames to 13 frames), I don't think they would go down that route. If they do something to Nair (which I hope they don't) I don't think it will be a landing lag adjustment.

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
Trust me if they find out the they'll patch I don't think it's a problem tho

LRodC

NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Given how bad Nair's landing lag was earlier and how the subsequent patches have reduced it (think over the course of 8 months it went down from 19 frames to 13 frames), I don't think they would go down that route. If they do something to Nair (which I hope they don't) I don't think it will be a landing lag adjustment.
Right. I just hope whatever they decide to do (if anything) only affects this infinite and nothing else.

FlameEmperor

Smash Cadet
NNID
FlameEmperor
Don't know if this was posted already, but this is insane. Nair footstool combo taken to the max.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG5U1RKGPww

EDIT: I don't think it looks practical. Just thought it looked cool.
Don't tell me everyone is actually worried about this..I'm positive you can avoid the starting bit with the down tilt and footstool with DI even if your name is Donkey Kong, the M2 would then have to read your DI after the down tilt if their going to try to continue with the footstool. Also people can just SDI onto the other side of Mewtwo during nair and then escape.

I'm sure your amiibo thinks it's true but I don't.

Last edited:
3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
Don't tell everyone is actually worried about this..I'm positive you can avoid the starting bit with the down tilt and footstool with DI even if your name is Donkey Kong, the M2 would then have to read your DI after the down tilt if their going to try to continue with the footstool. Also people can just SDI onto the other side of Mewtwo during nair and then escape.

I'm sure your amiibo thinks it's true but I don't.
Amiibo confirmed fraud?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'd like to imagine that Nair is going to remain mostly untouched due to the fact of it being just acceptable. Nothing to write home about, but can get the job done.
I do find that the n-air got nerfed with the removal of the landing hitbox that was in Melee. That hitbox removal pretty much made n-air more risky to use.

LRodC

NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
I do find that the n-air got nerfed with the removal of the landing hitbox that was in Melee. That hitbox removal pretty much made n-air more risky to use.
Landing hitbox is a double edged sword. It makes it safer at some points, but it also prevents all these types of follow ups from happening. I think the only real nerf that Nair received was the damage nerf, but that was to be expected. Everything else about it was buffed in my eyes.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Landing hitbox is a double edged sword. It makes it safer at some points, but it also prevents all these types of follow ups from happening. I think the only real nerf that Nair received was the damage nerf, but that was to be expected. Everything else about it was buffed in my eyes.
I guess what I mean is that the landing hitbox at least made it possible for Mewtwo to get opponents away from it earlier. But because the landing hitbox was removed in Smash 3DS / Wii U, Mewtwo risks getting punished by its opponent for landing before the n-air finishes up.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I can see nair getting nerfed IF and only if there is no way out of that infinite. Heck, even if there is a way. :4fox::4link::4peach::4pikachu::4zss: all lost their infinites or semi-infinites or whatever you call them. It all depends how much exposure this gets. As for the 'impracticality' of it, I'd like to remind everyone that Peach's infinite required a footstool and she isn't even a top or high tier character and she got her uair nerfed to affect the infinite.

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
There is a way, though, to remove the infinite without nerfing Mewtwo. You can make it so that the time that, after you use Disable, it won't stun them again for a while.

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
There is a way, though, to remove the infinite without nerfing Mewtwo. You can make it so that the time that, after you use Disable, it won't stun them again for a while.
I honestly think disable is fine I mean it's already meh if it did happen it wouldn't be a problem I'm against any sort of infinite no matter how hard it is

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Wouldn't that be nerfing Disable, a move that Mewtwo alone has in his arsenal and therefore be nerfing Mewtwo? Honestly, they may not even get rid of the infinite. From what I've heard, the nerf to Peach's uair only limited who the infinite works on, it didn't completely destroy it. I believe the back hit of uair works too.

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
Wouldn't that be nerfing Disable, a move that Mewtwo alone has in his arsenal and therefore be nerfing Mewtwo? Honestly, they may not even get rid of the infinite. From what I've heard, the nerf to Peach's uair only limited who the infinite works on, it didn't completely destroy it. I believe the back hit of uair works too.
Exactly that's what I don't want I think the move is fine as is I can tell they were aiming to destroy peaches infinite all together

FlameEmperor

Smash Cadet
NNID
FlameEmperor
Stop what you're doing, not a drill, Blue is on Xanadu right now.

Edit: I'm naming my first child LOF | Blue

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
They could and should just make footstool take like 10 seconds to refresh before being used again.... who the hell needs to do so much footstools if not for infinities anyway?

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
They could and should just make footstool take like 10 seconds to refresh before being used again.... who the hell needs to do so much footstools if not for infinities anyway?
They did it to grabs to prevent chaingrabs and a similar thing to stunning moves like Disable and the neutral b's of :4corrin::4zss:. Don't see a problem with doing it to footstools. Only thing taken away is the humourous act of constantly jumping on someone's head.

Blue is at Xanadu? Who's he playing? I need to see some classic Mewtwo in action.
He's playing Dunnobro in winners quarters if he moves on. I probably won't watch the stream but that's going to be quite a match.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It really wouldn't be much of a nerf, though.
It's not exactly a move you throw left and right, and even when you do use it, it generally doesn't hit.

It certainly wouldn't be enough to affect Mewtwo's spot on the tier list, at least.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
It really wouldn't be much of a nerf, though.
It's not exactly a move you throw left and right, and even when you do use it, it generally doesn't hit.

It certainly wouldn't be enough to affect Mewtwo's spot on the tier list, at least.
I'm simply poking fun at the wording 420quickscoper used, saying that the infinite could be removed without nerfing M2, then lists something that would be classified as a nerf to M2. Honestly, you're right. I doubt many people would care too much if Disable got nerfed. It's not gonna be a reaction anywhere near the level of the Diddy/Weegee/MK nerfs and it is a move that is rarely used and rarely hits. Plus, only people who aim for the infinite would miss it since I doubt many people spam Disable knowing its current limitations.

SkippyJ

Smash Apprentice
Nerfing footstools would seriously hurt greninja and Lucas, and would be an over all massive blow to the complexity of the 20XX meta. Lots of low teir characters have the potential to benefit greatly from footstools.

FlameEmperor

Smash Cadet
NNID
FlameEmperor
Iota is on stream now against C3PO. Iota just took game 1.
Edit: C3PO took game 2. Iota isn't responding to well to C3POs adaptation.
Edit 2: C3PO took game 3. Pray for brother Iota frens.

Only M2 still in Winners is Blue senpai so far.

Last edited:

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
I'm really hoping that this is what they do. I'm surprised that they haven't already done so, haven't nearly all of the infinite combos involved footstool jumps? It wouldn't even need to be anywhere close to 10 seconds, 2 or 3 would do the trick.

Giving Disable a similar refresh period would painlessly work as well, but this would prevent the whole cast from potentially developing similar nonsense in the future.

I'm afraid they'll mess with nair because of this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom