• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
only Marth

...don't kill me i wasn't feeling mewtwo
Ah, still, congrats!

If it makes up for anything, I just got home from a doubles tournament. Placed 2nd with Mewtwo for, like, 95% of the time. I switched to Dedede or Roy depending on who my partner played as, but we mostly went Mewtwo(me)/Ganondorf(partner). Other than that, Mewtwo definitely took most of the light, as well as achieving some pretty silly kills. For instance, in one set, me and my partner were going against a Bowser and a R.O.B. He leaned over and said "Go after Bowser, he's the bigger threat as of now". I replied "Got it."

...Ran off and spiked my teammate on accident. :drfacepalm:
we still won the set tho

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Once I get the ability to drive and start going to tournaments, I can see myself going with my cousin to Sm4sh doubles tournaments even though he prefers Melee. I can also see how such a thing would end. Perfect set up for an off stage kill either outright or through potential stage spike...and he'd shine. Break a shield or get a grab...and we'd flub the follow up. Happens enough online xD

Singles, I'll probably start off poorly and improve from there. How much, I don't know. No desire to become a top player. I just wanna play a fun game without lag~

FlameEmperor

Smash Cadet
NNID
FlameEmperor
only Marth

.....Why?

Why do you seek to hurt us?

Why would you go against your own people?! Your own family?! What's your purpose for sharing this?! Do you not like your home?! Why do wish to hurt the ones closest to you?!

I see now you humans are all alike..

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
.....Why?

Why do you seek to hurt us?

Why would you go against your own people?! Your own family?! What's your purpose for sharing this?! Do you not like your home?! Why do wish to hurt the ones closest to you?!

I see now you humans are all alike..

;-; sorry i am not worthy of mewtwo

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
"Only" 7nth in singles? Crushed by the weight of your own sin perhaps? Hehehehe...

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
only Marth

Oh, I don't blame you. If you feel comfortable with Marth, then you should use him, not Mewtwo. I don't think tournaments are good place to step outside of your comfort zone; that's for when you're training for tournaments, in my opinion. If you're feeling Marth, then I say go for it!

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
So I went out to a new place in Kentucky and they are really good there. This Villager is fricken terrifying.

I played some really good matches and some pretty bad ones (I got gimped by Villager more than once :l ). Unfortunately I have a habit of skipping the victory screen too fast for me to remember to save the matches.

I was planning on sharing a few with you all for some feedback but I screwed up. I will try to get some 1v1s with the Villager next week. If they have a tourney they always upload it to youtube too.

I can at least say that I did pretty well. I had to play way more aggressively then I'm used to but I ended up beating him in a really close match of singles and a couple times in doubles.

It made me happy. :150:

My predictions/hopes for Pokemon Sun and Moon-
We're getting a Flying/Rock/Fighting trio of starters instead of the traditional Grass/Fire/Water.
The legendaries will be Fire/Fairy (sun) and Ice/Steel (moon). Fire/Fairy will have an immunity to Steel and Ice/Steel will have an immunity to Fire.
It's a region based in Mediterranean Spain or Italy, and there is a capital city based off of either Barcelona or Rome respectively.

Guess I've ben gone a long time, here's what I was doing. I'm more on the creative side of things with Project New Challenger and my YouTube channel is back in session. I now main Lucas with Mewtwo as my backup, along with the rest of the Pokesquad.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I was thinking Fire/Electric and Ice/Water for the following reasons...

Fire/Electric represents the blistering heat of the sun, along with plasma energy; the sun is a star after all. Whereas, Ice/Water represents how frigid outer space is, along with the water sources that can be found at certain planets.

Of course, Fire/Electric resists Ice, while being weak to Water. Whereas, Ice/Water takes neutral damage from Fire, while being weak to Electric. Not entirely balanced, unless the Fire-type loses its resistance to Ice-type attacks.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I will throw out my random speculation too.

The moon legend will be Ice/Fairy and the Sun will be Fire/Dragon.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I was thinking that Sun's Legendary Pokémon could be Fire/Dragon and Moon's could be Ice/Fairy. For the Sun Legendary, I was thinking it could be half Fire because the day is typically hotter than the night, and half Dragon because the Sun is really bright and intense. For Moon's Legendary, I was thinking it could be half Ice because the night is typically colder than the day, and half Fairy because the Moon has a soft glow and is more serene than the Sun.

I also think that works well from a balancing standpoint, because the Fire/Dragon-type Legendary deals double-damage to the Ice/Fairy-type Legendary with Fire attacks, while the former deals no damage to the latter with Dragon attacks; whereas Moon's Legendary deals neutral damage to Sun's Legendary with both Ice and Fairy attacks. Personally, I think that creates an interesting dynamic between the two of them, since one of them is hit-and-miss and one of them all-around, even though they each have one type that loses its counterpart and one type that beats its counterpart. That's just me, though.

As for stat-spreads and Pokédex descriptions, I was thinking something along these lines...
Sun's Legendary
HP—104
Attack—128
Special Attack—128
Defense—102
Special Defense—102
Speed—116
---
BST—680

An ancient Pokémon born from the infernos of the Sun. Legends say it can cause an eternal day.

Moon's Legendary
HP—116
Attack—102
Special Attack—102
Defense—128
Special Defense—128
Speed—104
---
BST—680

An ancient Pokémon born on the Moon's frigid, dark side. Legends say it can cause a never-ending night.
My idea was that Sun's Legendary could be a more offensive Pokémon, which is why it has higher Speed, Attack, and Special Attack stats, but lower HP, Defense, and Special Defense stats; while Moon's Legendary could be a more defensive Pokémon, which is why it has higher HP, Defense, and Special Defense, but lower Speed, Attack, and Special Attack.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Just watched for the first time the Femtwo movie.... I cry, that ain't Mewtwo ;-;
At least she looked badass when fighting the multiple Genesects....
And what happened with good ol' Joy??
Even worse, ASH HAD CHARIZARD THE WHOLE MOVIE AND DIDN'T USE IT???? Damn, son....

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
All of this Sun and Moon Legendary speculation and just watch, the Sun legendary will be a Bug type and the Moon legendary will be a Poison type. Just to throw everyone off.

Reminds me of when Black and White came out, a lot of people were expecting Grey but instead we got the 2's.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I will throw out my random speculation too.

The moon legend will be Ice/Fairy and the Sun will be Fire/Dragon.
That probably won't work very well, because Fire/Dragon only takes neutral damage from Fairy-type AND Ice-type attacks. The match-up would end up favoring Fire/Dragon, since even though Ice/Fairy has a Dragon-type attack immunity, it is weak against Fire-type attacks.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
That probably won't work very well, because Fire/Dragon only takes neutral damage from Fairy-type AND Ice-type attacks. The match-up would end up favoring Fire/Dragon, since even though Ice/Fairy has a Dragon-type attack immunity, it is weak against Fire-type attacks.
Groudon and Kyogre

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Groudon and Kyogre
That's what tends to bother me. Can't there be a duo where either side can win without having to rely on their abilities?

Groudon needs to have Drought active to hinder Kyogre's Water-type attacks, and if Primal Groudon manages to set up Desolate Land, then Kyogre is pretty much powerless if it doesn't go Primal and set up Primordial Sea to counter Desolate Land.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
We will see a Dragon/Fairy, a Psychic/Ghost and Ground/Flying for Pokémon Earth....
Also, the starters are gonna be Grass/Ground Fire/Rock and Water/Ice.
You heard here first.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
That's what tends to bother me. Can't there be a duo where either side can win without having to rely on their abilities?

Groudon needs to have Drought active to hinder Kyogre's Water-type attacks, and if Primal Groudon manages to set up Desolate Land, then Kyogre is pretty much powerless if it doesn't go Primal and set up Primordial Sea to counter Desolate Land.
It could happen. Trust me, I want the legends that supposedly counter each other to ACTUALLY counter each other as much as the next guy. However, with Gamefreak's track record we shouldn't really expect it at this point.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Ho-oh and Lugia to an extent.

Lugia gets Hydro Pump. Ho-oh gets....HP Electric/Dark? (Could be wrong since I'm not a Ho-oh guy.)
Ho-oh can learn Thunderbolt, Thunder, and Shadow Ball.

It should be noted, however, that Lugia does not get STAB from Hydro Pump, and since its special attack is only at around average levels, the attack won't leave that much of a dent on Ho-oh's high special defense if Lugia doesn't get any Calm Mind boosts in. Of course, Calm Mind could end up being a signal for Ho-oh to start using Punishment on Lugia.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Ho-oh can learn Thunderbolt, Thunder, and Shadow Ball.

It should be noted, however, that Lugia does not get STAB from Hydro Pump, and since its special attack is only at around average levels, the attack won't leave that much of a dent on Ho-oh's high special defense if Lugia doesn't get any Calm Mind boosts in. Of course, Calm Mind could end up being a signal for Ho-oh to start using Punishment on Lugia.
Well, remove that part of the list. :laugh:

My bad.

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
my goodness

i would imagine it's escapable, but probably infinitely more difficult with mewtwo due to his large frame.

my guess is just small and floaty characters like jigglypuff can escape but even it's just a guess

FlameEmperor

Smash Cadet
NNID
FlameEmperor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F25oP0YfqQg

So I decided to go on For Glory on my friend's Wii U, and I bumped into this... the match was over in 16 seconds. Is this escapable in any way at all? If not, Bayonetta might just be busted.
You've gotta SDI down and away man during those after burner kicks. During the witch twist you have to SDI away. Its much easier when your not online from my experience. It makes following up far more difficult with Bayo.

And when I mean SDI I mean SDI, if your controller isn't set a flames afterwards your just not doing it fast enough man and you're going to get put down.

Str8 up.

Last edited:

RidlR

Smash Rookie
You've gotta SDI down and away man during those after burner kicks. During the witch twist you have to SDI away. Its much easier when your not online from my experience. It makes following up far more difficult with Bayo.

And when I mean SDI I mean SDI, if your controller isn't set a flames afterwards your just not doing it fast enough man and you're going to get put down.

Str8 up.
This. Actually with a floaty character like Mewtwo, it should be easier to SDI than if you were a fast-faller like Fox, or a fatty like Bowser or D3. In some instances, you may even be able to do an UpB recovery straight down right after the final hit of her spiral.

G&W can actually use the windbox on his UpB and kill Bayo if she tries it on him. Mewtwo doesn't have that option but again, being floaty may give him the advantage of freeing himself easier from that combo. It most certainly isn't true, I assure you. :)

Furret24

Smash Master
This. Actually with a floaty character like Mewtwo, it should be easier to SDI than if you were a fast-faller like Fox, or a fatty like Bowser or D3. In some instances, you may even be able to do an UpB recovery straight down right after the final hit of her spiral.

G&W can actually use the windbox on his UpB and kill Bayo if she tries it on him. Mewtwo doesn't have that option but again, being floaty may give him the advantage of freeing himself easier from that combo. It most certainly isn't true, I assure you. :)
Sadly, all of the Bayonettas I've run into know to stop before Fire's windbox can kill them. I'm still waiting though, for the moment when that one Bayonetta goes to far, giving me the opportunity to Fire them to the moon.
:162:

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Yep, I've been hearing from others how to escape it. That's still really good though and it really caught me off guard when it got me.

So I've been thinking of creating a Mewtwo guide in my spare time. It would just cover how to play the character in a modern setting with moveset analysis and some good strategies, all in a well written format that's easy to read. If I were to go forward with this initiative, do you think it would be worth it?

At this point, I do have secondary characters that I use, but I want to fully pick up and focus on Mewtwo exclusively to get the most out of him right now. Once I'm comfortable and optimized enough with him, I'll play my secondary characters more often.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Had another good session of FF dubs with Mewtwo~ wasn't with my cousin this time so I was paired with randoms. Got two beautiful edgeguards with him and saved them too. Truly my favourite thing to do in Sm4sh is successfully edgeguard since it's so damn hard to do in this game. Robin bair, nair, fair, dair and elwind. Mewtwo fair, bair, dair and Shadow Ball. Cloud nair, fair, bair, dair, Blade Beam and I believe Cross Slash? Ganon fair, bair, nair, dair and gerudo/flame choke. R.O.B. bair, dair and gyro. Ike fair, bair, counter and Aether. So many good edgeguard moves on the characters I use...and then you have Pika and potentially Corrin.

On a more competitive and less casual topic, I believe I saw this posted in the CCI and I don't recall seeing an answer posted but someone mentioned that Sheik's most struggling mu's would be ones where she has a hard time killing. Ones where the dthrow to uair can be avoided during kill percent and someone wondered if Mewtwo could. I could post this in the Q&A section but I figured I'd mention it here since it's not a question I'm personally asking, just one I saw posted.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432

Pokken Update:

A video of Shadow Mewtwo's moveset has been released. I compared both of the 'Twos and I found quite a few differences.

1. Shadow Mewtwo has less HP than regular Mewtwo. The former has 480 HP while the latter has 630 HP.

2. Shadow Mewtwo seems to deal more damage than regular Mewtwo but I have to do more comparing on that.

3. Shadow Mewtwo also plays a bit differently from regular 'Two.

So it seems that Shadow 'Two will be a glass cannon but regular 'Two will be more durable bust that's just me.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

Pokken Update:

A video of Shadow Mewtwo's moveset has been released. I compared both of the 'Twos and I found quite a few differences.

1. Shadow Mewtwo has less HP than regular Mewtwo. The former has 480 HP while the latter has 630 HP.

2. Shadow Mewtwo seems to deal more damage than regular Mewtwo but I have to do more comparing on that.

3. Shadow Mewtwo also plays a bit differently from regular 'Two.

So it seems that Shadow 'Two will be a glass cannon but regular 'Two will be more durable bust that's just me.
Figures. Playable bosses are almost always glass cannons.

Then again, he does have Recover...

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Just played Swoops on Anther's. And he is definitely good. Not as good as Raykz, but a really good Mewtwo. I got 3-0'ed, though I got a stock off every time. Definitely a player to watch.

Top Bottom