• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Still, there are cases where you have to hit things quite hard, and forget about the secondary effects. Some people say that Mega Blastoise should be using Scald, but Water Pulse packs a bigger punch with the Mega Launcher boost, AND it can hit non-adjacent targets during a triple battle.
I don't think that comparison works as Water Pulse also has a secondary effect, one that arguably can be a bigger game changer, not to mention the fact Mega Khan can not only pack a punch regardless which move it is, but also how versatility is important. Sure, I COULD use a full on offensive set for Mega Aggron, but I carry Thunder Wave as extra support

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't think that comparison works as Water Pulse also has a secondary effect, one that arguably can be a bigger game changer, not to mention the fact Mega Khan can not only pack a punch regardless which move it is, but also how versatility is important. Sure, I COULD use a full on offensive set for Mega Aggron, but I carry Thunder Wave as extra support
True, but people tend to prefer burn chances over confusion chances, simply because burns cripple pretty much any physical sweeper who isn't carrying the Guts ability. As for Thunder Wave on Aggron, if your Aggron is part of a Trick Room team, you probably don't want to be using that move, as you actually "want" to be slower than your adversary while Trick Room is active.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
True, but people tend to prefer burn chances over confusion chances, simply because burns cripple pretty much any physical sweeper who isn't carrying the Guts ability. As for Thunder Wave on Aggron, if your Aggron is part of a Trick Room team, you probably don't want to be using that move, as you actually "want" to be slower than your adversary while Trick Room is active.
Granted, burns are great, getting confusion can be more rewarding. If you're opponent isn't a physical attacker, they'll be more screwed by confusion, there are more pokemon that can be confused than burned based on types and abilities, including Magic Guard, and your foe loses a turn while hitting themself. Good versatility is very important to teams, have something that can take damage, something that deals damage, choose whether you'll do physical, special or both, blablabla.
Except that's IF I'm running that team, otherwise, I'd be able to cripple my opponent to the point I can make Mega Aggron last longer

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Guys, the legendary mascots of Pokemon Sun and Moon have been leaked!

...Jeez, they're creepy.

BarSoapSoup

Smash Journeyman
Guys, the legendary mascots of Pokemon Sun and Moon have been leaked!

...Jeez, they're creepy.
Wow, seems like Solrock and Lunatone have been lifting some SERIOUS Pokeweights. What are the stats of those things??

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Personally, I don't have a problem with Pokkén Tournament's artistic direction. Now, granted, most of the designs don't do anything particularly special for me, but some of them do jump out. Namely, Chandelure looks fantastic, in my opinion. I love how glassy she looks, and her flames are pretty, as well. The swirls on Gengar's body look great, too. I do, however, agree that Charizard looks slightly off. As for Mewtwo's design, I could honestly take it or leave it. I feel like his overall transition into Pokkén Tournament's realistic art-style was handled quite well; all of his proportions seem to have been reasonably translated, and he looks just as menacing as he does in the mainstream Pokémon games, if not moreso. I can't decide whether or not I like his shiny, bare texture yet, but I don't outright object to it, so that's something, I guess. Still, I think a finely furred texture might would have been a better choice. Regardless, I obviously intend to main either Mewtwo or Shadow Mewtwo.

Also, Pokémon Sun and Moon hype! I can't wait to see the cover Legendaries and villainous team(s). Speaking of which, I'd like to see another "Team Magma/Aqua" type of situation with the antagonists this go-around. That was always a neat setup, in my opinion, and it's more interesting than the typical route Game Freak takes with the villainous teams. Oh, and Team Magma FTW.

BarSoapSoup

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I don't have a problem with Pokkén Tournament's artistic direction. Now, granted, most of the designs don't do anything particularly special for me, but some of them do jump out. Namely, Chandelure looks fantastic, in my opinion. I love how glassy she looks, and her flames are pretty, as well. The swirls on Gengar's body look great, too. I do, however, agree that Charizard looks slightly off. As for Mewtwo's design, I could honestly take it or leave it. I feel like his overall transition into Pokkén Tournament's realistic art-style was handled quite well; all of his proportions seem to have been reasonably translated, and he looks just as menacing as he does in the mainstream Pokémon games, if not moreso. I can't decide whether or not I like his shiny, bare texture yet, but I don't outright object to it, so that's something, I guess. Still, I think a finely furred texture might would have been a better choice. Regardless, I obviously intend to main either Mewtwo or Shadow Mewtwo.

Also, Pokémon Sun and Moon hype! I can't wait to see the cover Legendaries and villainous team(s). Speaking of which, I'd like to see another "Team Magma/Aqua" type of situation with the antagonists this go-around. That was always a neat setup, in my opinion, and it's more interesting than the typical route Game Freak takes with the villainous teams. Oh, and Team Magma FTW.
Myah! How do you like it when I like all of YOUR posts?!...well, it's only one....for now....

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well, to be fair, Mew is meant to resemble a fetus. I don't think most animals have fur in their fetal form, considering that many are born bald, but hey, I'm not an expert. There's still something about Mewtwo that seems off to me in that game, though, which is kind of weird considering that I think Shadow Mewtwo looks completely fine.

I think most of the Pokemon look pretty good, if not for the artistic direction so much as the way they're animated. It's fun to see the ways Suicune, Garchomp and Sceptile run around.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Went as a Luigi/M2 main in the university tourney I went to. Won 3 lost 2. I went Luigi for all but Rob and Rosa. Whereas I lost as Luigi bad to a ROB, M2 covers the ROB matchup excellently.

Of course 2nd match in winners i would vs Big D...self explanatory.

But I got a really cute girl's Facebook so all good! I got distracted so it kinda made me less focused on the Fox matchup I lost as Luigi...girls are my crux.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
In regards to Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon, I did have the impression that the legendary mascots for them would represent fire and ice. However, there is one problem in that Reshiram and Kyurem already cover the Fire/Dragon and Ice/Dragon duo. And some people are already quite tired with the amount of Dragon-type legendaries that exist.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432

Hey everyone. I just found a video that goes over Mewtwo's moveset in Pokken. The guy who made this video also did movesets of other Pokemon in the game and he just uploaded Mewtwo not too long ago. Judging from the video, Mewtwo seems to be pretty good but all those button combos are going to take some time to get a hang of.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Mewtwo does look slightly off in Pokken, but it's not enough to make me not want to play him. Something about his shiny skin texture. Charizard, though, looks weird and sounds, well, awful.

Anyway, happy 20th, Pokemon! The effect this series has had on millions around the world and on video games and pop culture as a whole, is difficult to describe in a way that does it justice. The world had never seen anything like Pokemania, and I doubt it will again. Here's to 20 more.

C3CC

Smash Lord
Just a silly thought I had... Maybe Mewtwo's Jab is Dark Pulse? It kind of looks like it, I think. I know Mewtwo can't learn it, but then again, neither can he learn Teleport (well, he could via TM in Generation I). I don't know, I'm always looking for possible actual Pokémon moves that could be present in his moveset. I still can't decipher what Neutral Air (my favorite move of his) could be!

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Just a silly thought I had... Maybe Mewtwo's Jab is Dark Pulse? It kind of looks like it, I think. I know Mewtwo can't learn it, but then again, neither can he learn Teleport (well, he could via TM in Generation I). I don't know, I'm always looking for possible actual Pokémon moves that could be present in his moveset. I still can't decipher what Neutral Air (my favorite move of his) could be!
Spark

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I think what really makes Mewtwo look odd to me in Pokken isn't really the shininess so much as the way he holds himself. You know, his posture and animations and such. They made him look and act like a fighter, which makes sense, since it's a fighting game...but that's not what Mewtwo is to me. It's part of the same reason I don't like Mega Mewtwo X.

Somehow, Shadow Mewtwo still doesn't bother me at all though. Maybe I ought to compare their animations sometime.
It's got as similar visual effect to Shadow Ball.
I think of it as kind of an extension of how he uses in Shadow Ball.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
In regards to Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon, I did have the impression that the legendary mascots for them would represent fire and ice. However, there is one problem in that Reshiram and Kyurem already cover the Fire/Dragon and Ice/Dragon duo. And some people are already quite tired with the amount of Dragon-type legendaries that exist.
Trust me, I'm sick of Dragon legends. The other types need some love.

Well, to be fair, Mew is meant to resemble a fetus. I don't think most animals have fur in their fetal form, considering that many are born bald, but hey, I'm not an expert. There's still something about Mewtwo that seems off to me in that game, though, which is kind of weird considering that I think Shadow Mewtwo looks completely fine.

I think most of the Pokemon look pretty good, if not for the artistic direction so much as the way they're animated. It's fun to see the ways Suicune, Garchomp and Sceptile run around.
Most mammals are born with hair, lol.

Last edited:

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
I want a legendary poison type. Like, such a thing would have to be awesome by concept alone.

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
All I want are regular evolutions or pre evolutions. LIke, Megas are rad and all, but some Pokemon like Farfech'd should have a new evoultion, not a new Mega.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Trust me, I'm sick of Dragon legends. The other types need some love.
Then maybe something more like Fire/Electric and Ice/Water. I don't think any super legendaries have those type combinations yet.

All I want are regular evolutions or pre evolutions. LIke, Megas are rad and all, but some Pokemon like Farfech'd should have a new evoultion, not a new Mega.
This will have an impact on the Eviolite item if any older Pokemon gain new evolutions. But since Sun and Moon are supposed to begin the 7th generation, anything is possible.

C3CC

Smash Lord
I want a legendary poison type. Like, such a thing would have to be awesome by concept alone.
This! It's the only type without a legendary to represent it. I've also always thought that Poison should be super-effective against Water (water pollution), and because it would give it an advantage over the most common type in the game. At least now it gained a new utility in being super-effective against Fairy...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
This! It's the only type without a legendary to represent it. I've also always thought that Poison should be super-effective against Water (water pollution), and because it would give it an advantage over the most common type in the game. At least now it gained a new utility in being super-effective against Fairy...
Arceus can be a Poison-type with the proper plate, but it's true that we don't have a "real" Poison-type legendary yet.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Personally, I think a Fire/Dragon cover Legendary for Sun and an Ice/Fairy cover Legendary for Moon would be cool. That way, Sun's Legendary has the Fire type to represent the daytime's heat and the Dragon type to represent the Sun's intensity, while Moon's Legendary has the Ice type to represent the nighttime's coolness and the Fairy type to represent the Moon's serenity. Plus, Fire beats Ice and Fairy beats Dragon, so each Legendary has one type that beats their counterpart and one type that gets beaten by their counterpart. It both makes sense and is functional, and that makes it interesting, in my opinion, even if Reshiram is already a Dragon/Fire-type cover Legendary. Just my two cents, of course.

Also, I apologize if I screwed up the capitalization of "sun" and "moon". For me, it's a really confusing subject, but I've always been taught to capitalize them only when they're preceded by "the", so that's what I did. I believe there are multiple acceptable ways to capitalize "sun" and "moon", however.

Mewtwo looks amazing in Pokkén Tournament! I've been waiting forever for N60Sean to upload the Mewtwins, so I'm really glad that he uploaded Mewtwo. His videos are really good. If you haven't checked them out yet, I highly recommend them. Anyhow, Mewtwo's moveset looks very cool. Lots of psychic blades and energy attacks. In particular, I think Telekinesis and Psycho Cut are animated quite well, and Teleport and Drain Punch seem to have interesting applications. I'm not really sure what Barrier does, though. Given Barrier's effect in the mainstream Pokémon games, I imagine that it reduces the amount of damage Mewtwo takes per blow, but I don't know for sure. Also, Barrier looks to be Mewtwo's version of Shadow Mewtwo's Reflect, in that both appear to be gateway moves. However, I think Reflect is kinda like a midair shield, whereas Barrier seems to be a stat-enhancing move. I can't wait until N60Sean uploads Shadow Mewtwo's moveset so that we can compare him to Mewtwo! Oh, and, in my opinion, Low Stance Strong Attack, Psystrike: Final Blow, and (especially) the Elemental Punch chain are Mewtwo's coolest-looking moves.

Finally, since my favorite Pokémon type is Poison, I would love to see a Poison-type Legendary Pokémon! One idea that I'm partial to is a Poison/Ground dual-type, mummy-esque Pokémon based on Pestilence. It would especially cool if three other Legendary Pokémon based on War, Famine, and Death formed a quartet with it, creating the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, kind of like how the Swords of Justice are based on The Three Musketeers. Maybe the Four Horsemen could even serve as a counterpart quartet to the Swords of Justice. That'd be pretty neat...

C3CC

Smash Lord
I wouldn't even want a game with 7 different regions in it. That would be incredibly redundant with ORAS, for one, and would ruin the perfect reimagining of Pokémon BW that might happen one day down the road for two.

A game with 2 regions would be the absolute max I'd care for. Past that, and the game balance would just become ludicrous, anyway. When the wild Pokémon and trainers in region 3 would be nearing level 100, you'd be stuck using the same team of 6 for ALL THAT TIME due to the crazy amount of time that it would take to train up a replacement, even with Exp Share. The same team for that long of a journey? Eh. Talk about a lack of freedom. Personally, with this being a new generation, I don't care if past regions make an appearance or not, so long as there's a NEW region that's amazing. That's the most important thing.
Finally someone said it. THANK YOU. I'd honestly hate a game with all seven regions. That would be so damn tedious.

Can someone tell me the price of Red/Blue/Yellow on the Virtual Console? Thanks!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I made up the following concept at a different thread.

Another possible typing duo for the legendary mascots could be Fire/Electric and Ice/Water.

HP: 100
Attack: 135
Defense: 100
SP ATK: 135
SP DEF: 100
Speed: 110

An ancient sun deity who is heavily worshiped by many. Legends say that its fire and electricity protected a village from a terrible blizzard. It tends to come out during the day, where it uses the sun's rays to maintain its power.

HP: 100
Attack: 135
Defense: 100
SP ATK: 135
SP DEF: 100
Speed: 110

An ancient moon deity who is heavily worshiped by many. Legends say that its ice and water protected a village from a terrible heatwave. It tends to come out during the night, where it uses the moon's rays to maintain its power.

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
I made up the following concept at a different thread.
That's really cool, but the same exact stats? Maybe one should be physically oriented and the other defensively, etc. etc. Having the same stats copy/pasted on another legendary doesn't seem too great.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That's really cool, but the same exact stats? Maybe one should be physically oriented and the other defensively, etc. etc. Having the same stats copy/pasted on another legendary doesn't seem too great.
This has happened already with Incarnate Tornadus and Incarnate Thundurus, along with Xerneas and Yveltal. Much like with those two pairings, the Fire/Electric and Ice/Water legendary duo would have the same stats, just so that they can both excel at either physical attacks or special attacks.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Give me more Dark type legendaries. And have a bug one too, Kabutomushi have awesome designs, so Heracross and Karrab'ast can't be the only ones
Thank you, you just introduced me to some random manga involving girls, assassins, insects and arachnids that looks cool and grabbed my interest....
Oh, yeah, we were talking about Pokémon, right?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Most mammals are born with hair, lol.
Even if most are born with hair, there still are many that are born without it.

...And now that I think about it, I believe Marsupials, which are born at an earlier stage of development than most mammals, are all born without hair. A newborn kangaroo is kind of horrifying to look at, actually.

Top Bottom