• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
well if we are going off topic ho about some more amiibo defects

Like Samus with two arm cannons? well what about Mega Man!

or how about toad without a spot on his head

Lets not loose our heads though!

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
*Insert Xenoblade reference I only understand because of Palutena's Guidance here*

I'll get around to playing that game one of these days, I promise!
I just need to get a New 3DS first....

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Double arm cannon megaman legitimately looks amazing.
TBH Mega man is probably the only 1 who can pull that stunt off, Samus only has 1 arm cannon, where as Megaman can switch his at will.

Also it seems Shulk got some headless lessons from a couple of Incredible heroes it seems on how to decapitate your own head:
just like Violet, Dash and Elastigirl's respective figures, Shulk loses his head as well.:troll:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
TBH Mega man is probably the only 1 who can pull that stunt off, Samus only has 1 arm cannon, where as Megaman can switch his at will.

Also it seems Shulk got some headless lessons from a couple of Incredible heroes it seems on how to decapitate your own head:
just like Violet, Dash and Elastigirl's respective figures, Shulk loses his head as well.:troll:
...WTH happened to Shulk for that to occur?!

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Let's not lose our heads though!

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
...WTH happened to Shulk for that to occur?!
He probably got himself into a mess he couldn't get out of and lost his head, Violet, Dash, Elastigirl and even Maleficent can lose their heads depending on how they're handled and it seems Amiibos are just as weak as the Disney Infinity figurines themselves (the 1s I listed are the 1s who have a higher chance of losing their heads, and Violet was very notable due to how her figure's pose looked, and as it turns out the 2.0 figurines are even weaker durability-wise).

D

Deleted member

They probably make deformed Amiibo to make them more closely resemble humans, as some people are born with defects/deformities, so Nintendo probably figured "why not represent that in our Amiibo?".

1DeadRabbit

...I mean jackal.
3DS FC
1864-9519-0771
Spoon Sword Social heated up since I was last here it seems...

On the topic of amiibos, scathing Amazon reviews on scalped amiibos persuaded me to cancel my order for a Pac-Man that I had placed some time ago (and that still hadn't been shipped). I will just wait to buy him when Nintendo resupplies the stock. The friend I'm buying it for isn't in a hurry to get it and those scalpers can sit upon their piles of duplicate amiibos for all I care.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Imagine if I was able to pick up a deformed Mewtwo amiibo. Would I be able to fight the temptations brought on by the deadly sin of greed and cast such an abomination that mocks the image of our fair lady into the fire?

1DeadRabbit

...I mean jackal.
3DS FC
1864-9519-0771
Imagine if I was able to pick up a deformed Mewtwo amiibo. Would I be able to fight the temptations brought on by the deadly sin of greed and cast such an abomination that mocks the image of our fair lady into the fire?
Not when the option of breaking off the top part and replacing it with a custom one is so within the realm of possibility.
Or, you know, getting a new one.

Wait, I just had a thought.
Why hasn't anyone 3D-printed the in-game character models? Assuming we can get at the files, I mean. You've already got the model rendered, and all you need to do is scale it right and get it printed.

You'd have the most accurate portrayal of the character ever. Especially regarding Mewtwo. I have never seen a more killer design for him anywhere ever.

Last edited:

Browny

Smash Hater
Not when the option of breaking off the top part and replacing it with a custom one is so within the realm of possibility.

Why hasn't anyone 3D-printed the in-game character models? Assuming we can get at the files, I mean. You've already got the model rendered, and all you need to do is scale it right and get it printed.

You'd have the most accurate portrayal of the character ever. Especially regarding Mewtwo. I have never seen a more killer design for him anywhere ever.
I've done this, in fact I did this a few days ago
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RARE-MAN...IBO-PROTOTYPE-VERSION-0-17ALPHA-/261869212913

I couldnt be bothered even trying to pose it, but I can definitely make my own Mewtwo amiibo rip-off if I wanted to. Painting it is another issue altogether...

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord

I'm surprised that most people haven't ripped all the models from the game yet

the only ones I have seen are Pac-Man, Mega Man, Duck Hunt and Shulk

1DeadRabbit

...I mean jackal.
3DS FC
1864-9519-0771
I've done this, in fact I did this a few days ago
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RARE-MAN...IBO-PROTOTYPE-VERSION-0-17ALPHA-/261869212913

I couldnt be bothered even trying to pose it, but I can definitely make my own Mewtwo amiibo rip-off if I wanted to. Painting it is another issue altogether...
Painting is no issue for me (theoretically. Painting models is a bit different from painting on a flat surface). The problem I'd have would be getting the model posed and printed.

I'm surprised that most people haven't ripped all the models from the game yet

the only ones I have seen are Pac-Man, Mega Man, Duck Hunt and Shulk
Hell, I gotta look this up.

EDIT: *Realization dawns upon me that one would be able to print ALL THE TROPHIES.*

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
That WTF look when you go on to see if there were any new Mewtwo tips and see the mess on the last page.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Is a social thread. Where there is no "topic" and the points don't matter!

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
They probably make deformed Amiibo to make them more closely resemble humans, as some people are born with defects/deformities, so Nintendo probably figured "why not represent that in our Amiibo?".
That seems like quite a stretch, frankly.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Headless amiibo? Shulk went "Hey, bet the Monado won't hurt me!"
Speaking of Shulk Xenoblade X replacement of You Will Know Our Names
Every single X soundtrack is godlike. I freaking love Sawano... as usual, he didn't fail to deliver.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Went to a Game Night in SF with a Smash 4 tournament. Didn't make it on time to register for the tournament, but I played friendlies once there were Wii U's available. Did some 5-8 player Smash using 3DS as my controller. First time I've played 8 player Smash with all human players. I played as Mewtwo the whole time. The best I did was outlast three people, but I was usually first or second to get knocked out. I even pulled off a string of forward airs to KO Ganondorf once. That was probably my proudest moment as Mewtwo. I also managed to use Confusion on either El Thunder or Arc Thunder, which KO'd Robin.

Once people started leaving, I started lasting a lot longer. By the time it was 1v1, I finally win a game as Mewtwo. Granted, he lost a stock to Rayquaza, and he lost his final stock to Registeel making the swords spin...that's what happens when people let me pick any stage. I won the next game again as Ness which I was much better with. I believe I 2 stocked him, ending it by reflecting Villager's tree with forward Smash. I actually almost 3 stocked him because Nabbit took him on his last life, but I felt bad about that so I saved him on purpose. Then I lost the next one as Greninja before someone else wanted to do 1v1.

The guy I first played against let me switch to his GC controller because he needed to get stuff, so I got to play 2 games against the next guy. I used Mewtwo both matches and lost each time. First game was against Mario, and he either 1 or 2 stocked me. He said it must be hard being a Mewtwo main before switching to Mewtwo as well. I thought he was going to 3 stock me, but I managed to bring him to his last stock before he revenge killed me right away. I think he said something about being the 2nd best Villager in the area...I could have heard wrong. In any case, I learned I am terrible against human players as Mewtwo unless I get lucky. While I am much better with Ness, I will stick with Mewtwo as my main.

I love using Confusion in Smash 4!

Shog

Smash Ace
Mewtwo is amazing in this game, lots of kill power, shadow ball is strong, and I LOVE the Midair jump mechanics to catch people in the air

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I noticed something interesting about some Psychic-type moves.

In the japanese versions of the Pokemon games, Confusion is called Nenriki (ねんりき) which literally translates to "Psychokinesis". This makes more sense to me; I always thought that the name Confusion was weird for the attack, yes it's effect can confuse, but as a telekinetic attack which can be used to toss opponents and deflect their projectiles it is unfitting. Methinks that perhaps during the translation of the original pokemon games, they had very limited space for characters, so they thought "It can confuse, good enough for me!".

And another interesting bit is that the move Psychic is called Psycho Kinesis (サイコキネシス), just like that. It's merely the katakana version of the english word. Which is interesting because Nenriki (Confusion) is literally the same meaning, those two moves have the same name except that one is written in japanese while the other is in english.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I entered the Mewtwo contest, I hope I do get a spot! but at the same time I am scared of the times, because we in sweden is living 6 hours than those in USA D:
I noticed something interesting about some Psychic-type moves.

In the japanese versions of the Pokemon games, Confusion is called Nenriki (ねんりき) which literally translates to "Psychokinesis". This makes more sense to me; I always thought that the name Confusion was weird for the attack, yes it's effect can confuse, but as a telekinetic attack which can be used to toss opponents and deflect their projectiles it is unfitting. Methinks that perhaps during the translation of the original pokemon games, they had very limited space for characters, so they thought "It can confuse, good enough for me!".

And another interesting bit is that the move Psychic is called Psycho Kinesis (サイコキネシス), just like that. It's merely the katakana version of the english word. Which is interesting because Nenriki (Confusion) is literally the same meaning, those two moves have the same name except that one is written in japanese while the other is in english.
thats actually really interesting

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
So from now on I will call Confusion "Psycho Kinesis", just because it sounds waaaaaay better.

Also, Psystrike is Psycho Break. Man, the japanese names of those moves are more awesome sounding than the english ones.

1DeadRabbit

...I mean jackal.
3DS FC
1864-9519-0771
Speaking of defective amiibos, I had a dream last night that I acquired a Mewtwo amiibo, only that it had the body of Charizard painted light purple. Talk about a bootleg.

Top Bottom