• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I want my Elgato now! I really want to do a Mewtwo combo video, since I am getting good material!

"hahaha, even Riki know that's not right!" /Riki
That's where Rule 2 comes into play.
2. Until Heropon Riki joins the party. Then Reyn plays second fiddle.

D

Deleted member

So from now on I will call Confusion "Psycho Kinesis", just because it sounds waaaaaay better.

Also, Psystrike is Psycho Break. Man, the japanese names of those moves are more awesome sounding than the english ones.
I actually have that name for one of my Smash 4 taunts. Had it for a while now. I also have to agree with you on it sounding better, as if I were just your average joe and I heard "psystrike", I would think of somebody shooting a deer with a psychokinetic bow&arrow while going hunting.
However, if I head "psycho break", I would think of somebody basically getting "shattered" (and consequentially obliterated) by a powerful psychokinetic slash.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I actually have that name for one of my Smash 4 taunts. Had it for a while now. I also have to agree with you on it sounding better, as if I were just your average joe and I heard "psystrike", I would think of somebody shooting a deer with a psychokinetic bow&arrow while going hunting.
How do you even?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playtonic/yooka-laylee-a-3d-platformer-rare-vival
As someone who has played pretty much nothing from Rare, hella hyped

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
10/10 I would get this but I probably need a laptop upgrade.

I wish Microsoft never bought Rare.
Wii U master race
F***, I need a job so I can buy some more amiibo. (I legit have 2... yeah) :crying:
I only have one as a gift, I'd have two but my country hates Xenoblade, no Shulk amiibo or even Xenoblade 3D in sight

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
One of these days I'm going to give in and buy a Wii U. It is just too tempting.
Xenoblade X, The better version of Smash Bros, Wii compatibility, eShop titles like Sin and Punishment and Metroid Prime Trilogy, Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, Zelda U, Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, FE x SMT.

Yeah you should have one.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Xenoblade X, The better version of Smash Bros, Wii compatibility, eShop titles like Sin and Punishment and Metroid Prime Trilogy, Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, Zelda U, Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, FE x SMT.

Yeah you should have one.
Star Fox, Hyrule Warriors, 3D World, Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush, Woolly World and Splatoon are also popular

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Speaking of XCX.
Controversy strikes with Lynlee.
13 year old and she's able to wear skimpy swimsuits. Yeah it's alright in Japan but I can see a ****storm being kicked up everywhere else.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
ikr, i find "Y.W.K.O.N." is more fast paced, and having no lyrics makes it better.

well, the only time where i like it when it has lyrics is this:
That video completely ruins it.
I'd be fine with lyrics/vocals if they didn't feel so out of place and were suitable for it.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
i know it's out of place, didn't you see the description at the bottom:

"this is bad" - Shulk

speaking of xenoblade
That would count as a HUGE spoiler alert for Xenoblade and something we've known for a while.

And descriptions don't show up on embedded videos watched in Smashboards instead of YT.

Gui JP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Twishine
3DS FC
0791-1410-6660
So I reflected Villager's Bowling Ball with Confusion.

Lethal af.

And having spent already 7+ hours playing Mewtwo, I like him.
I mean, I still love going in as Meta Knight/Little Mac with the approaches and making split-second decisions, but the spacing and having more than 3 kill moves AND a recovery is nice.
(I mean that like, Meta Knight has about 3-4 kill moves, but great recovery, and Little Mac has all the kill moves but.. yeah.
Seriously though, best $5 I've spent in a long while. I don't even have a Wii U yet.)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
About that:

Depends on the amiibo.
Speaking of XCX.
Controversy strikes with Lynlee.
13 year old and she's able to wear skimpy swimsuits. Yeah it's alright in Japan but I can see a ****storm being kicked up everywhere else.
Yeah, that's normal for JRPGs. They'll probably say she's older in the dub anyway, as JRPGs tend to do that as well.

....Speaking of which, she does not look 13 at all. If she really is that age, she must be the most mature 13-year-old in existence.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Depends on the amiibo.
Yeah, that's normal for JRPGs. They'll probably say she's older in the dub anyway, as JRPGs tend to do that as well.

....Speaking of which, she does not look 13 at all. If she really is that age, she must be the most mature 13-year-old in existence.
So Lyn gets older outside Japan. Fire Emblem wants their Lyn back

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
mewtwo gets better and better <3
That djc tech is great! I can't believe that I missed D-tilt to running U-smash as a combo, since I've been all over the D-throw to running U-smash setup. You can always count on My Smash Corner to find great stuff.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

I knew someone was going to make this into a gif.
mewtwo gets better and better <3
Some of those combos seem too precise for me, but I'll definitely keep the more simple stuff in mind. Using the double-jump cancel as a pseudo ledge attack is something that I've never thought of, yet looks totally awesome. Yet more ways to make sure Mewtwo recovers safely.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex

I knew someone was going to make this into a gif. Some of those combos seem too precise for me, but I'll definitely keep the more simple stuff in mind. Using the double-jump cancel as a pseudo ledge attack is something that I've never thought of, yet looks totally awesome. Yet more ways to make sure Mewtwo recovers safely.
Funny how our "rival" Lucario isn't there.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910

I kinda wanna go see Age of Ultron. I'll go ask my dad if he can take me haha

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
So yesterday I spent a lot of time practicing exclusively with Mewtwo and I have to say that he's better as a defensive fighter than offensive and aggressive. Every time I try to take an aggressive approach, I tend to get wrecked more easily than being defensive. Also, fighting Robin as Mewtwo is super hard until I get him/her into the air because Robin seems to be a monster on the ground and kinda weak when it comes to aerial attacks.

D

Deleted member

So yesterday I spent a lot of time practicing exclusively with Mewtwo and I have to say that he's better as a defensive fighter than offensive and aggressive. Every time I try to take an aggressive approach, I tend to get wrecked more easily than being defensive. Also, fighting Robin as Mewtwo is super hard until I get him/her into the air because Robin seems to be a monster on the ground and kinda weak when it comes to aerial attacks.
People need to stop being afraid of getting hit already. F*** what Isai said about not getting hit! You're going to get hit regardless! Your concern shouldn't be not getting launched across the stage. It should be destroying your enemy with your offensive-based moveset, before you get inevitably destroyed yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
People need to stop being afraid of getting hit already. F*** what Isai said about not getting hit! You're going to get hit regardless! Your concern shouldn't be not getting launched across the stage. It should be destroying your enemy with your offensive-based moveset, before you get inevitably destroyed yourself.
Says the one who can't play as Mewtwo well, what's next? Saying you have to play Olimar super aggresively? Mewtwo is a good punisher!

Top Bottom