• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
ok and same here for the nnid edit: gaaah i swear it normally doesnt lag this much, sorry

Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
too much lag. going to try to figure out what's causing it since it honestly felt like i was playing underwater at times.

Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
the intermittent lag was really messing up/throwing off my timing though. again, not sure what happened. testing on fg it seems to be connecting alrightish though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How the **** am I supposed to fight against fast characters? I'm beyond frustrated at this point.
AAGH! STOP PLAYING DEFENSIVELY!!! That's how you beat them! I love fighting Captain Falcon and Sonic, they are easy! But if you keep camping/defending, then of course You are going to get shredded!

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
AAGH! STOP PLAYING DEFENSIVELY!!! That's how you beat them! I love fighting Captain Falcon and Sonic, they are easy! But if you keep camping/defending, then of course You are going to get shredded!
I tried that before. I got spiked. Ha ha.

D

Deleted member

Whenever I play offensively (and go offstage), in addition to using my confusion -> up-tilt combo, I win. However, when I go campy-joe on people, I get my a**** kicked faster than Peach can pull hers out for her Bair/S-B.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
I think it's time to stop being a fanboy and admit the character is terrible, his grab range is very poor, end lag in many moves kills me and it's beyond me why Sakurai actually made him lighter than Melee.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Gonna test equipment and see if recoil changes with weight.

Edit: Recoil is constant with Shadow Ball properties. Weight doesn't matter. Meaning recoil isn't tied to weight. Tried it with points in defense and implementing the metal box.

No change in recoil distance from the default.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think it's time to stop being a fanboy and admit the character is terrible, his grab range is very poor, end lag in many moves kills me and it's beyond me why Sakurai actually made him lighter than Melee.
I know that Mewtwo is a bad character, I hate how bad he is in this game, and it actually helps me to understand why back in melee, they made petitions for Mewtwo to never return to Smash again. Those weren't haters, those were Mewtwo fans, and they just didn't want to have to deal with the overwhelming pain of having their character in the game as the worst fighter of all time.

Gonna test equipment and see if recoil changes with weight.

Edit: Recoil is constant with Shadow Ball properties. Weight doesn't matter. Meaning recoil isn't tied to weight. Tried it with points in defense and implementing the metal box.

No change in recoil distance from the default.
That's because their is a specific "bit" known as "character momentum", and when the stats are coordinated right, you will go a set distance no matter what. Mewtwo's recoil isn't from getting hit by a windbox, it's from the character momentum bit telling Mewtwo to move backwards at a certain speed (until it "wears off").

D

Deleted member

Hmmm....I see.

Still I can't get over how speed seemed to dash in place in Video A.
It's simple, just dash backwards, then during the inital dash frames, flick the analog stick forward again. It's basically just an inconsistent version of dashdancing.

In other words: Just act as if you are trying to Brawldance, just once you returned to the initial direction you were facing in, don't turn around again.

Tom13

Smash Apprentice
I like how Mewtwo turned out in this game, I could actually time combos in. He's my #1 main in SSB Wii U and 3DS, sure, he is light, but I can take advantage of this.

Last edited:

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
I know that Mewtwo is a bad character, I hate how bad he is in this game, and it actually helps me to understand why back in melee, they made petitions for Mewtwo to never return to Smash again. Those weren't haters, those were Mewtwo fans, and they just didn't want to have to deal with the overwhelming pain of having their character in the game as the worst fighter of all time.
No, no. They're still people we shouldn't view with understanding. They attempted a self-centered crusade to deny people who don't care about Mewtwo's tier position a chance to play as Mewtwo in future super smash bros games, which is actually the majority of smash fans believe it or not. Furthermore Mewtwo was not even the worst character in Super Smash Bros of all time even. They deserve to just not play Smash.

Like, imagine if Mortal Kombat had those kinds of people in the fanbase back in the day. I don't think Scorpion and Sub Zero would be very iconic considering how they were the worst characters in the first Mortal Kombat.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I understand that Mewtwo's bad but I don't really care. He's Mewtwo and that's what matters. =]

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
God**** Akuma... ever since you became playable you've instigated the mindset that every character with pitiful
stamina needs face-rolling offence to even be considered worth putting time into.

If you'd rather have your character not in the game than them being below average then you really don't deserve to call yourself a fan
It's like not letting your friend play with your favourite toy because he might break it or not treat it right
(not a perfect example since the toy IS the kid's property, but that isn't the case with Mewtwo's "worshippers").

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
I just can't ****ing fight against Falco or Yoshi. I get 2 shotted every single ****ing time.

Mewtwo needs ****ing buffs.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
God**** Akuma... ever since you became playable you've instigated the mindset that every character with pitiful
stamina needs face-rolling offence to even be considered worth putting time into.

It's like not letting your friend play with your favourite toy because he might break it or not treat it right
(not a perfect example since the toy IS the kid's property, but that isn't the case with Mewtwo's "worshippers").
No, a better example is wanting a very, very expensive toy like a PS4 for christmas, you're parents working their ass of and get it for you, only for you to not want it anymore because you don't like the placement of the on/off switch

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Or you could put in more practise and take a look at what went wrong and work on :4robinm:strategies:4robinf: to get out of those situations or prevent them.
Practise makes Perfect.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I ****ing give up. This **** is ridiculous.

This Mewtwo was not worth the 6 month wait.

Even if Mewtwo is bad, i don't care, it's freakin' Mewtwo.

this is the reason why i don't like competitive smash that much, people always complain, come on, at least we got Mewtwo!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

First off, I actually like Falco in this game, I play him offensively, and dominate my foes (seriously).
Second off, me being able to relate to these people isn't because I hate Mewtwo, but because I personally would find it better in the character's interest if they weren't in Smash altogether (so he could still be good in thy head), as opposed to being in the game as a pathetic letdown. Why should I have to accept my favorite character of all time in the form of a pathetic piece of unviable trash? Mewtwo is a disgrace to Super Smash Bros., and just like it would've been better for the betrayer to have never been born, it would've been better for Mewtwo to have never been brought into Smash.

Mewtwo has been trash two times in a row, but at least in Melee he was viable in the right hands, and was fun to play. This Mewtwo is terrible. ssbwiki lied, Mewtwo wasn't overall buffed, he was drastically nerfed.

Mewtwo is a terrible character, and no amount of "techniques" (cheap, useless, tactics) in the world (besides from a patch), can change that.

We dreamed of creating the most powerful pokemon, and we failed -> :4mewtwo:

I just realized this is literally like Mega Man. Stupidly popular yet fans are very unhappy with the playstyle
Also, Megaman has a lot of offensive, potential, and if you want, I can show you in a match. I have always liked Megaman in Smash 4, because I don't play him like 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of you do.

Last edited by a moderator:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Hey now, let's just respect how others feel about Mewtwo. Not everybody simply likes Mewtwo for being Mewtwo.

It's a shame that a lot of people don't like how Mewtwo plays in this game. We shouldn't hate them for it though because in the end it's their preference.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
"Viable" in Melee? Bro, Taj made the jump to Falco and Marth when **** got heavy. He only pulled out Mewtwo in that game for the lulz. Dark Iori Yagami swapped to different characters when the heat was on, too. He could not contend with the top 12-13 characters in that game, and the rest of his MU spreads were pretty bad. Mewtwo sucked in Melee, bottom line.

We have no clue how the meta for him is gonna pan out in this game. This isn't Melee after all, it's Smash 4.

Smooth Criminal

D

Deleted member

...Mewtwo having killpower, being able to genuinely reflect stuff and a better recovery isn't a buff? Alrighty then
Mewtwo having slower/weaker tail attacks, plenty of attacks which are the same (which is makes him worst in the Smash 4 environment), laggier Smash attacks (namely Side-Smash/Down-Smash), a cheap, visually-inaccurate, floaty teleport, an unusually high jump from confusion (which lowers reflecting potential, a Shadow Ball that not only takes longer to charge, but doesn't reward you (via charge damage) for wasting about 4 seconds of the match, the loss of double jump cancelling, Mewtwo having killpower... NERFED killpower, and Mewtwo not being able to reliably combo isn't a nerf?

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I don't normally get very worked up over something as trivial as tier placement, but I can't stand to see people call Mewtwo low tier, at least not at this point in time. He may very well be low tier, but, for now, there's no way to tell for sure. People think Mewtwo is bad because they can't win with him the first few times they try him. That might've been possible back when Smash 4 first came out, and that's because nobody was really sure how to use their character at the time. Mewtwo came out one week ago. It's way too early to definitely determine Mewtwo's tier placement, simply because his meta hasn't fully developed, whereas every other character's meta has had a decent amount of time to grow and develop. Of course you're going to get your behind whooped the first several times you use Mewtwo: nobody has had time to completely learn how to play him, whereas all of the other characters' playstyles are more or less defined at this point. Give it some time.
From what we know right now, Mewtwo is a character that relies on zoning, pressure and a defensive playstyle in order to force the opponents approach and attack him. Once the opponent slips up and is vulnerable, Mewtwo has to rush in and punish them for it, something that he's apparently pretty good at. At this point, that's how we think Mewtwo should be played. We haven't discovered all of his combos, we haven't found all of his strong suits and techniques, and we most certainly haven't developed Mewtwo's meta to the point that the rest of the cast has reached. Everything takes time, and we just need to settle back and give Mewtwo some time to evolve and grow. Simple as that.

Also, shofu thinks Mewtwo is decent, and Jtails thinks Mewtwo is in the top 15, so take that for what you will.

Last edited:
Top Bottom