• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
ive made some custom moves for mewtwo:

B 1: charges a big shadow ball that does damage as your charging, but you cant throw it.
B 2: throws rapid shadow balls that do less damage.

side B 1: a dash forward whilst using a weaker confusion that cant reflect
side B 2: a confusion that stuns

up B 1: can use two teleports, the first one can be acted out of but the second one cant, also once you've acted out of the first teleport, you can't use the second one
up B 2: long ranged teleport but can only be angled upwards

down B 1: freezes opponents
down B 2: long range but only does damage

Daybreak

Busy busy busy~
NNID
DaybreakPlz
3DS FC
1091-8175-8810
Switch FC
SW-6555-9639-6872
Just a question for the likes of everyone here. Does anyone B-Reverse their confusion? I have found it to be very helpful, but the timing is pretty difficult. With a lot of practice though I feel I can do it consistently.

Also, what's your opinion on B-sticking into a wavebounce with confusion?

Just some food for thought.

D

Deleted member

ive made some custom moves for mewtwo:

B 1: charges a big shadow ball that does damage as your charging, but you cant throw it.
B 2: throws rapid shadow balls that do less damage.

side B 1: a dash forward whilst using a weaker confusion that cant reflect
side B 2: a confusion that stuns

up B 1: can use two teleports, the first one can be acted out of but the second one cant, also once you've acted out of the first teleport, you can't use the second one
up B 2: long ranged teleport but can only be angled upwards

down B 1: freezes opponents
down B 2: long range but only does damage
Let me take a shot :)

B1: Explosive Shadow Ball: Mewtwo starts to charge up a huge shadow ball (that can do damage while charging), before becoming as big as Bowser or so, then exploding, for a total of 20%.

K.O potential - high

the catch will be that you can't cancel the charging animation, making the move very laggy.
-----
B2: Psycho Cut: Mewtwo shoots an energy-spear like projectile at the opponent. It would serve as a single-hit, fast-moving projectile, that ending in a finisher hit that pops the opponent up a short distance, so as to allow Mewtwo to combo out of it. This move would deal 4% total

K.O potential - none
-----
S1: Wind Confusion: Mewtwo spins the opponent around in the air before releasing them (as usual), only this time, launching them with a strong windbox the frame they get released from the command grab. The windbox would launch opponents horizontally, and the move overall would deal a total of 5%.

K.O potential - none
-----
S2: Future Sight: Mewtwo's confusion would have 1.785x the startup lag, but once the command grab lands, the opponent would be twirled into the sky, pelting by a bunch of many small purple energy orbs, then finally hit a large one that would send the opponent flying for miles to come. This move would deal a total of 27%

K.O potential - high
-------
D1: Psychic: Mewtwo extends his arm (and grabs anyone in range), before doing a melee-esque item throw motion on them, causing them to go flying. This would deal a total of 9%

K.O potential - medium
---------
D2: Blast Disable: Same as before, only Mewtwo's disable would inflict catastrophic knockback on the opponent, at the expense of Mewtwo suffering severe pushback-recoil upon hit. This move would deal 1% (as usual)

K.O potential - high
------------
U1: Sacrificial Teleport: Mewtwo's teleport goes 2X as far, but he can only angle it upwards. This move does 0%

K.O potential - none
---------------
U2: Levitate: This would allow Mewtwo to fly around freely for 3 seconds (at a slow pace) before going into helpless mode. Note that while Levitating, you can act of the move (prior to it's end) with an aerial attack, and shot rapid-fire shadow balls if you press and hold b. This move does 0% by default, but the shadow balls inflict 1.4582% each.
---------------
Let me know what you think! (Also, a Shadow Ball that does damage while charging, and a teleport you can act out of weren't included because hopefully, by the time that X-date comes around, those changes will be incorporated into his natural moveset)

..uuuuu.....

Smash Cadet
No, this is interesting
So your use disable,
Then they are stunned
When do you footstool them?
@ SuperNintendoKid SuperNintendoKid What? You think that was what the "infinite combo" was? What?

Just a question for the likes of everyone here. Does anyone B-Reverse their confusion? I have found it to be very helpful, but the timing is pretty difficult. With a lot of practice though I feel I can do it consistently.

Also, what's your opinion on B-sticking into a wavebounce with confusion?

Just some food for thought.
Yes, I do this all the time..
You should spend time trying to master all the types of wave bounces and reverse b's.

Last edited by a moderator:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
If your infinite is up tilt on greninja that is only if they DI inward. So...not an infinite at all.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Honestly I think Mewtwo is fine as is. Has great neutral game, kill potential, and damage racking abilities. He has an absurd recovery, and even decent shield pressure. His only real gripes are his weight, easy kill setups at kill percents, and some of his moves having a bit of end lag, though not many. I'd say he's at bottom of high tier as he is right now, and I don't really mind of he stays there.
I don’t think his neutral is that great tbh. It's passable, though.

Smooth Criminal

Daybreak

Busy busy busy~
NNID
DaybreakPlz
3DS FC
1091-8175-8810
Switch FC
SW-6555-9639-6872
Yes, I do this all the time..
You should spend time trying to master all the types of wave bounces and reverse b's.
I am fluent in other forms of wave bounces and reverse b's. I have (Confusion B-Reverse) pretty much nailed, but it took a while to get it right. If I take my thumb away and bring it back to the analog stick it is much easier than just holding the direction and doing it.

My main point is that who here uses the B-Reverse confusion? How do you feel about it? I haven't seen many Mewtwo's use this and I feel it is a great way for transferring momentum, still working on the applications

1.(:GCB::GCR:)->2.(Quicky:GCL: for B-reverse)

I feel that many(from what I've seen) feel that (B-Side, B Reverse's) are too hard and aren't worth it. That's why I was asking for opinions. I don't have a problem with the technique myself.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
Play the game 2 seconds faster then you normally would.

I think I'd just rather get the problem sorted than be forced to play 2 seconds faster than I normally would. My home has brick walls. The wireless signal has to go through two solid brick walls before it reaches my Wii-U. It's a matter of a new modem/router with a stronger signal. My internet alone struggles to load up videos sometimes from where my computer is.

I can't move my Wii-U closer because there is no room, and our other TV's are all being used.

It's not a matter of playing faster because that will do nothing for me. It's a matter of fixing the problem that's causing it, which is a bad signal. Even local games lag something stupid. I expect a bit of lag, of course. Some good days (very rare) the lag is barely noticeable and doesn't affect my game at all and I play fine. That's how it should be ALL the time. But the lag I get now just makes it impossible. I'm virtually sitting staring at a frozen screen which moves only after a full minute or two - and that's just playing against people in my own country! There's no point in playing wifi when it'll just frustrate me to no end until it's fixed. I aim to get better, not madder and I have zero chance of even taking one stock with how bad the lag on my end gets.

As @ DrRiceBoy DrRiceBoy said, it's easier said than done when you're putting up with not only an input delay, but a freezing and stuttering screen.

Getting it fixed is the key. Playing 2 seconds faster will do nothing when it's the signal that's the problem.

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
How the **** am I supposed to fight against fast characters? I'm beyond frustrated at this point.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
How the **** am I supposed to fight against fast characters? I'm beyond frustrated at this point.
Spam Shadow Balls and tail moves for spacing. Bait and outsmart. Not much else you can do, ya have to play much better than the opponent most of the time. It's alright man, I know how you feel. I hate going against fast characters too...

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
I don’t think his neutral is that great tbh. It's passable, though.

Smooth Criminal
It's pretty good in my opinion but I guess time will tell. His tilts outrange any non-swordsman in the game minus DK while not being super punishable, his shadow ball is a decent projectile that can do respectable shield damage if not perfect shielded which is hard enough as it is due to the zag, and confusion is both a ranged grab an a rather speedy reflector, though still punishable. It isn't godlike, but among the rest of the characters it's definitely on the upper end from what I feel.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Well guys, customs Mewtwo is dead. Hope you all had your fun while you could.
Are we talking the possibility of having real customs, or just the glitched out time bender that was only amiibo accessible?

Spirst

Are we talking the possibility of having real customs, or just the glitched out time bender that was only amiibo accessible?
It was accessible via Miis. And yes, the glitched out time-bender surfer is gone.

Still no word on actual customs, unfortunately.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Wait, what? How? Did you think I meant Mewtwo with actual customs was never coming?
Yes. I'm very gullible, and not to mention, it is a slight possibility that Mewtwo will never have customs, so anything scares me with this stuff.

YUS I CAN FINALLY PLAY WITH MY FRIENDS ONLINE AGAIN, AND I GOT MY GSP FOR 10-MAN SMASH BACK!

Last edited:

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
In other news, I might start subbing Little Mac. Reminds me a lot of melee marth and lol at his aerial death combo.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
I think the concept of mewtwo having customs is dead too because Sakurai wants you to appreciate the twilight zone he has you all in where Confusion is the most useful special move and disable can be confirmed into :p

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Ahhhh... describe this first please
if you footstool the opponent on the ground, double jump and JC your Double jump with Disable (requires frame perfect), the opponent will be guarantee to be disabled. that means you can Footstool -> Disable -> Footstool -> Disable to rack up those 1%.

tedious because its only 1% and disable has a longer disable time on the %, making it hard to use at early, but perfect at later %

Altair357

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Altair357
3DS FC
5284-1411-2846
I am fluent in other forms of wave bounces and reverse b's. I have (Confusion B-Reverse) pretty much nailed, but it took a while to get it right. If I take my thumb away and bring it back to the analog stick it is much easier than just holding the direction and doing it.

My main point is that who here uses the B-Reverse confusion? How do you feel about it? I haven't seen many Mewtwo's use this and I feel it is a great way for transferring momentum, still working on the applications

1.(:GCB::GCR:)->2.(Quicky:GCL: for B-reverse)

I feel that many(from what I've seen) feel that (B-Side, B Reverse's) are too hard and aren't worth it. That's why I was asking for opinions. I don't have a problem with the technique myself.
I use it sometimes. It's pretty good for staying mobile and forcing your opponent to guess more and put in more effort to hit you, which is always a good thing. I feel like you could do some neat things with it, but I'll need more practice.

Last edited:

GreninjaTwo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintenTheScout
3DS FC
0989-1996-0168
Just got back from Cancun, and dang it was hot (and humid) there! Some highlights from the trip was both my parents getting sick and going to an actual taco truck in Mexico. Also on the other note, my report cards came in, and they're straight A's! yaay! Now, brb I gotta do my short term independent study.

mobilisq

Smash Ace
Heh aww man I hadn't tried to play online yet and didn't notice there was a patch. Oh well!

Top Bottom