• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

StormC

Smash Hero
So are the codes like going by timezone or what? Seems like it's only Japan, Australia and Europe to get them so far.

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
I fought a Mewtwo guy! And two stocked him with Meta Knight. :I
I fought one as well, two stocked as Wii Fit Trainer. Felt a bit unfair but it isn't like Nintendo is giving me the option of playing as him, so hey. Whatevs.

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
Second wave of codes seems to be out guys :D Just got mine! And boy have Nintendo done a good job with Mewtwo! Something about him just feels so good when playing as him!

While I only had time for a quick go as him this morning, I'm looking forward to playing a whole lot more of him later! To all those still waiting for the codes, I hope you get yours soon!

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
How do I find the codes on US Club Nintendo?
As far as I know you don't, I think everybody who's found codes on the website is outside of the US. I've scoured the site and haven't found anything, but by all means if somebody finds a way please let us know.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Was actually about to give it to TehEpicRyuga, since he said he has to wait till the end of the month tho...I can give it to you, wheyou'd give your code to him, so...how we gonna go about it?
*she
Ah, btw, @ Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen ... sorry for not responding. I was way too hype for Mewtwo. I actually got my 3DS code early from a friend who was lucky enough to get the initial wave. I actually didn't get my email yet so I can't check if the Wii u code is region locked.
Aw. I leave in 5 hours to me friends, 2 of em have Mewtwo so I'll be able to backslash em if they make me jealous

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I got my code but I wish the best of luck to all of you. Mewtwo feels great and you'll love him. :D

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Quick question. Anyone here in America receive their codes yet and are able to play as Mewtwo? The answer may or may not just leave me to wait till the morning.

UpsilonFox

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FLYINGDAVEno2
3DS FC
1134-7457-1617
My codes arrived 30 mins ago, right as Smashboards did it's nightly 7pm backup. Mewtwo feels good, fair no longer hits upwards, but is a good horizontal kill move.
Not liking the start up on uair and bair.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
My codes arrived 30 mins ago, right as Smashboards did it's nightly 7pm backup. Mewtwo feels good, fair no longer hits upwards, but is a good horizontal kill move.
Not liking the start up on uair and bair.
Yeah, the startup on uair and bair really bothers me... not sure why they would nerf that. Everybody else feels great though IMO. His new dair and confusion is sweet.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It angers me so much that you Europeans get the codes via club Nintendo, yet we have to rely on NoA's stupid emails.

To clarify, I'm not angry with you Europeans. I'm happy for you guys; we all deserve to get Mewtwo as soon as possible.
But I'm so angry with NoA. They keep testing my patience over and over again. Why can't we have a simple way of getting Mewtwo like that? Why are we forced to get them in waves?

...I guess I'm just getting a tad bit cranky because of my inability to sleep right now..the windstorm doesn't help. My ears just popped and I'm starting to get a headache.
Maybe I'll see in the morning if I can get tomorrow off of school...I could really use a break from that anyway.

SS2000

Smash Apprentice
Quick question. Anyone here in America receive their codes yet and are able to play as Mewtwo? The answer may or may not just leave me to wait till the morning.
I got mine. The 3DS one worked. But the Wii U one gives an error saying the item is not being distributed. (apparently everybody with a wii u code in in America is getting this error)

Last edited:

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo seems good.

His damage output is pretty bloody high and his throws are going to be ridiculous with rage. All his aerials short-hop auto-cancel except neutral-aerial which doesn't have as much landing lag as the trailer implied (it's around 20 frames).

paradvx

Smash Rookie
3DS codes work in the US now but not wii u codes.

mewtwo is cool but honestly seems hard to kill with. He's fluid and better than melee imo but he's not really a strong character for being slow

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Mewtwo seems good.

His damage output is pretty bloody high and his throws are going to be ridiculous with rage. All his aerials short-hop auto-cancel except neutral-aerial which doesn't have as much landing lag as the trailer implied (it's around 20 frames).
Uair and bair have so much startup though... like why? I also noticed that Mewtwo is still pretty light. Disable is still kinda bad and Shadow Ball charge doesn't deal damage anymore. His throws are still able to kill but I feel they got nerfed... d-throw combo potential gone, u-throw and b-throw knockback nerfed... only throw that got buffed was f-throw. Other than these questionable things I love how he plays. He's definitely not top/mid-high though IMO, based on first impressions.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
You maining him?
Er, I don't know. I won't know until I have him. I'm a pretty dedicated Dedede main, so I don't really plan on giving that up.

I just really want Mewtwo though. Besides I don't want to have sacrificed a night's sleep to be left out in the rain like this.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
**** club nintendo. They should have started distributing codes yesterday. I woke up early for Mewtwo!
Anyway....
Any huge balance changes? Is Diddy nerfed?

Top Bottom