• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Tom13

Smash Apprentice
I really want to play as Mewtwo now. I can't wait any longer, and hyped beyond belief.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
In the trailer you could see less flashy effects for Nair and Dair
Yeah. I really like the new effects.

Also I'm really surprised by how strong his up-smash is considering the start-up. It's really strong.

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
**** club nintendo. They should have started distributing codes yesterday. I woke up early for Mewtwo!
Anyway....
Any huge balance changes? Is Diddy nerfed?
Diddy got the boot harddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Well, I'm wondering if I should sleep or continue waiting. I have nothing going on during the day anyways...

AGreatProcrastinator

Smash Apprentice
I've got an email sitting in my inbox with the word "CANCELLED" in the subject name. It gives me a brief scare every time I refresh my mail.

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
From the brief experience I had this morning playing Mewtwo, I get the feeling that D-throw to SHF-air could be very useful. I was trying it out on training and it seems like a useful kill combo at higher percentages. Took out Fox at 110% :D His B-throw seems to be a bit like Ness' killwise too, killing Fox around 120%.

Apologies if any of this info turns out later to be incorrect, I only had time for 10 mins gameplay as him xD I'll be back to try him out better later though! Can't wait! :D

UpsilonFox

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FLYINGDAVEno2
3DS FC
1134-7457-1617
Yeah, the startup on uair and bair really bothers me... not sure why they would nerf that. Everybody else feels great though IMO. His new dair and confusion is sweet.
What do you follow Confusion up with? For me I always get punished after using it before I cab follow up, like in Melee.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I'm in NA and I got it. Teehee

Also, bad news everybody. Mewtwo possibly may not even have customs. I checked his customs and it said "alternate specials not available", compared to the other characters that don't have their customs unlocked "alternate specials not found". I said this earlier but no one was paying attention and I think this is really important.

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
For the people still waiting for codes to arrive in their e-mail, log into the Club Nintendo page and check for the code there, mine are on Club Nintendo but they haven't been e-mailed yet.
YES IT DOES WORK

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
In the brief time I had with Mewtwo this morning, D-throw to F-air feels like it has good combo potential, and F-air can definitely be used as a horizontal kill move. Also, his B-throw is awesome xD Can't wait to try him out in more depth later!

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I can't seem to follow up after d-throw... I guess it's just me...

Anything can follow up after confusion. Or maybe it's escapable and my opponents are noobs? I dunno, but I seem to be able to follow up anything after confusion except the moves with heavy startup.

Kaora

Smash Cadet
Did some test for Mewtwo's weight. Pretty bad news, it seems to be Rosalina's weight. (test with up throw kills)

UpsilonFox

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FLYINGDAVEno2
3DS FC
1134-7457-1617
I can't seem to follow up after d-throw... I guess it's just me...

Anything can follow up after confusion. Or maybe it's escapable and my opponents are noobs? I dunno, but I seem to be able to follow up anything after confusion except the moves with heavy startup.
Ok. Because agaist cpus they always hit me aftet I confusion them before I can act.
D-throw to fAir is a DI dependent follow up that works.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Ahaha, was about to sleep but FINALLY got my Mewtwo codes! Hope this gives yall hope~

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I heard that if you have Gmail, you should check the promotions tab.

I have Gmail, but...I don't have tabs of any sort. This is worrying me.

noshadowkick

Smash Rookie
No codes yet... I have gmail. For those of you that already got your codes, what was the subject line of the e-mail? For those of you that got your codes from club nintendo, where did you find them?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
How often do waves happen? Are they alphabetical?
From what others are saying, it seems waves happen every half hour. As for alphabetical, I guess that sort of depends on what it would be going by. If it's by last name or account name I'd guess not, since I haven't gotten mine yet and my last name starts with A and my account name starts with an F.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Ugh...nevermind. Whenever I put my code in it says the thing the code is for hasn't been released yet... really...

Top Bottom