• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Mewtwo's finally here! I was so hyped to install updates for Smash 4! I started with the 3DS version, then I planned to update the Wii U version later. I did a few matches with Mewtwo and it felt so awesome to play as such an overdue character for the first time in Smash 4! Plus he's really cool to play as, though I wished he had a little higher dashing speed.

I beat classic mode with him, then I go to give him custom moves, he's DLC after all, it would make sense to have them unlocked by default! No custom move unlocked? Oh well, looks like I must unlock them manually like with every other character. So I go play some Smash Run with him and take as much as much custom parts as I can. After a few Smash Runs, I still haven't unlocked any custom move for Mewtwo, and I'm starting to fear something I jokingly predicted, until I saw confirmation on Smashboards.

My hype is dead.

I'm not even a regular custom moves user (most notably because they can't be selected from CSS), but Mewtwo having no custom moves whatsoever confirms something I feared: that DLC fighters would not be treated as fully-fledged characters. As such, until Mewtwo gets custom moves through patching, I'm not going to support anyone else, not even my most wanted characters, because I'm expecting anyone joining the fray through DLC to be poorly implemented characters developers couldn't care less at this point.

I'll still download Mewtwo for my Wii U version (I still didn't to it), but that's only because I promised to a friend that he could play as Mewtwo the next time I invite him at my home.

I feel sorry for those who are hyped for Mewtwo regardless, but I really can't get over this as of now.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Learning things, Disable can be shielded, not good. Mewtwo isn't that good against Dedede, Fsmash is a bit too laggy for my liking, Multijab does 1% per hit, Bthrow isn't as strong as people say it was back in Melee, Utilt's got a cool animation but a blind spot behind him, Shadow Ball takes a little too long to charge than I'd like, Confusion IS good, but you're enemy can still attack immediately afterwards, so you'll have to shield, maybe even shieldgrab

Wolfen McGunz

Smash Cadet
I think you can only get the codes from UK Club Nintendo. The American site is janky. So I'm still here waiting for my emails

Epic Neal Time

Smash Cadet
My code went to my "Promotions" folder on Gmail, not my regular inbox. Just a heads up for those who haven't received them.

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
Oh lovely so I have to worry about some freaking distribution after I already received the codes?? Awesome. Thats just great. One thing after another right? lol Why is this a hassle? I dont care to play Mewtwo on 3ds since I rarely ever touch the 3ds version anymore. As for the lack of custom moves, that doesn't faze me at all because I dont even use custom moves in the first place. I would just be grateful we're even getting dlc in the first place for this game let alone dlc characters.

Last edited:

Tom13

Smash Apprentice
Oh lovely so I have to worry about some freaking distribution after I already received the codes?? Awesome. Thats just great. One thing after another right? lol Why is this a hassle? I dont care to play Mewtwo on 3ds since I rarely ever touch the 3ds version anymore. As for the lack of custom moves, that doesn't faze me at all because I dont even use custom moves in the first place. I would just be grateful we're even getting dlc in the first place for this game let alone dlc characters.
Could I have the Mewtwo 3Ds code, if it wasn't used? I've been waiting for hours, and still haven't got my codes, and getting impatient.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
...Up Smash's hitbox is really small. Shame.
Bair is godly.
Disable can be reflected. Ouch.
I kind of expected him to have a longer grab range, but maybe that's just because I'm so used to Charizard.
D-throw combos suck, at least at low percents.

elephant13

Smash Apprentice
Oh lovely so I have to worry about some freaking distribution after I already received the codes?? Awesome. Thats just great. Why is this a hassle? I dont care to play Mewtwo on 3ds since I rarely ever touch the 3ds version anymore. As for the lack of custom moves, that doesn't faze me at all because I dont even use custom moves in the first place. I would just be grateful we're even getting dlc in the first place for this game let alone dlc characters.
They probably dont want everybody going on the eshop for both versions at once. It seems stupid, but if the eshop crashed youd be in a much worse predicament than the fact that you dont want to use the 3ds version right now.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Learning things, Disable can be shielded, not good. Mewtwo isn't that good against Dedede, Fsmash is a bit too laggy for my liking, Multijab does 1% per hit, Bthrow isn't as strong as people say it was back in Melee, Utilt's got a cool animation but a blind spot behind him, Shadow Ball takes a little too long to charge than I'd like, Confusion IS good, but you're enemy can still attack immediately afterwards, so you'll have to shield, maybe even shieldgrab
>Ganon mashing Nair after connecting Confusion.

That's absolutely disgusting... Although on occasion, I've had times where Confusion sends them hella high up for some reason lol :p

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
>Ganon mashing Nair after connecting Confusion.

That's absolutely disgusting... Although on occasion, I've had times where Confusion sends them hella high up for some reason lol :p

Falcon1991

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Falcon1991
Here in the UK I got my code a couple of hours ago!

I wonder what is taking the Miiverse stage so long? I thought it may have come with Mewtwo.

Mc Mew

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mc_Mew
help ive been getting an error saying that mewtwo hasnt been distributed yet what the f''k is wrong with eshop it keeps sying that

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
>Wakes up
>Looks outside
>Sister is asleep
>HURRY TO LAPTOP, YOU ****
>Log into E-Mail
>Mewtwo not there yet
>Do or Die situation imminent
>MFW

*Slams head against wall*
I know I'm not gonna get a code from the heavens because everyone else wants Mewtwo, and my mom still won't let me buy anything so I am screwed sideways unless this code gets here fast
HNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG
WHY DID I WAKE UP AT 5 AM FOR THIS!?

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
Could I have the Mewtwo 3Ds code, if it wasn't used? I've been waiting for hours, and still haven't got my codes, and getting impatient.
Sorry dude, I haven't gotten my codes either, been waiting for hours as well.
They probably dont want everybody going on the eshop for both versions at once. It seems stupid, but if the eshop crashed youd be in a much worse predicament than the fact that you dont want to use the 3ds version right now.
The reason why I said I dont want to use the 3ds version first is because for some reason the wii u codes arent working for everyone but the 3ds ones work fine with no issue. (I use the wii u version more than the 3ds version) I still dont have my codes and honestly I knew this was going to happen

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
At least Confusion seems even better for aerial jukes now, not only does it still stall in the air,
but you can freely move left or right!

Dtilt has EVEN MORE RANGE.

Teleport is just as fast as Melee. Still leaves Mewtwo helpless.

Fair knocks people at the Sakurai angle instead of straight up, making it better for edgeguards but worse at juggling.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
So Lucario is now back to prepatch @ Schnee117 Schnee117

Impressions of Mewtwo.
- Confusion can be used to combo but it's really easy to get out of. Really good in the air.
- F-Air is still deadly.
- F-Smash has a blindspot right in front of Mewtwo.
- Really slow jumping. Got caught in several attacks I wouldn't have been caught in with anyone else.

Tom13

Smash Apprentice
Finally, I got my codes, but I don't understand way my Wii U code won't work.

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
For those who haven't got their code, check your club Nintendo profile.
Mewtwo is so much fun, too bad he doesn't haves customs though.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Seems more Feral to me.
He has his laugh, his victory and his death scream. The only thing that's different is that he makes no sounds when using confusion or shadow ball. I don't think anything is "more" feral.

Also why are Mewtwo's SFXs so tame? They seem so low in volume compared to the rest of the cast.

Top Bottom