• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Metal Face gif.gif

Let's just stop before it get's too out of hand.
Plus It's been a while since I used this gif.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
You really should have "foreseen" this coming. ;)
I knew it would happen the moment I said it.
The only thing I'm not prepared for is the Alien invasion and that's due to the lack of decent technology.
:4dedede:

Last edited:

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
Tiers?
As long as Mewtwo isn't broken like Brawl Meta Knight or god awful like Brawl Ganondorf and Pichu I'm happy.
I don't care what character anyone plays as so long as they aren't a ***** about it, Win or Lose.
That's why winning with Ganondorf in Brawl was so much fun :)

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
You know, now that I'm actually doing the math in my head, a Direct on April 1st would make more sense than a Direct on March 31st. Since you have the entirety of the 31st to register Mewtwo, a Direct/release a day later would make more sense, since everybody who's going to will have already registered their two copies of Smash, and also because April 1st is the anniversary of Mega Mewtwo Y's reveal. And, if we get the codes on Wednesday, we'll have 7 whole days to redeem them, whereas getting them on Tuesday will give us 8 days, which makes less sense. If there is a Direct on the 1st, they may pull one of the Super Mario Galaxy tricks and say that the Mewtwo DLC codes will be sent out right after the Direct ends. That would be awesome!
So, yeah, calling it right now: Mewtwo will be released on Wednesday, with a Direct to accompany him.

Also, 1,000th post! I am now a Smash Lord! W00t, W00t!

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
We've learned that the Mewtwo codes will have to be redeemed by April 7th.
Which probably means we're getting him soon.

Argh...I'll have a Wii U code for trade then, since I lack a Wii U and it'll expire. :sadsheep:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Eh, it's pretty much the same thing. If you don't ask for the codes by then, you don't get them. There are a few key differences, but it gets the point across.

Also, welcome to SmashBoards! I hope you enjoy your stay here!
So the codes don't EXPIRE on the 7th, that's just how long I have to request them?

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
So the codes don't EXPIRE on the 7th, that's just how long I have to request them?
That's right. Once they put up this promotional banner on Club Nintendo, you can click on it to request the codes, and then an email will be sent to you. Once you get the codes, you've got all the time in the world to redeem them, though I imagine most people will be redeeming Mewtwo as fast as they possibly can.

Y'know, now that I'm actually saying the difference between "redeem" and "request" out loud, maybe I should start saying request instead:p.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
That's right. Once they put up this promotional banner on Club Nintendo, you can click on it to request the codes, and then an email will be sent to you. Once you get the codes, you've got all the time in the world to redeem them, though I imagine most people will be redeeming Mewtwo as fast as they possibly can.

Y'know, now that I'm actually saying the difference between "redeem" and "request" out loud, maybe I should start saying request instead.
Thank Arceus. I'm probably getting a Wii U until June, so I was worried I'd have to buy Mewtwo just for one system given I'm restricted to 3DS for now.

M24S4

Smash Cadet

Y'know, now that I'm actually saying the difference between "redeem" and "request" out loud, maybe I should start saying request instead:p.
I have read that u have to use the codes within one month after receiving them, otherwise they will get useless
Also congrats :)

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I have read that u have to use the codes within one month after receiving them, otherwise they will get useless
Oh, yeah! That's right! Thank you for reminding me. I can't believe I forgot that. And thank you for the congrats, as well!
@ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A - I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't know if you'll be able to get Mewtwo for the Wii U. I'm really sorry...:(

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Don't believe everything you read unless it's from an official source. Do you have an official source on this? Because from the email I got directly from Nintendo it said all Club Nintendo codes would be valid until June 31st.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Don't believe everything you read unless it's from an official source. Do you have an official source on this? Because from the email I got directly from Nintendo it said all Club Nintendo codes would be valid until June 31st.
Surely this would apply to Mewtwo as well?

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Hey, guys! Long time no see. Haven't really had much to post what with the lack of Mewtwo news til recently. But now I'm back to kick some butt in Wild Canyon, and with a new sig to boot! Lol

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
We all know who the brawn would be to Mewtwo's brain :icsmelee:

I don't ever remember a Direct/E3 leak being right before, but maybe now could be different

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Looking at the Australian April 7th thing, I thought it was the date you could register Smash for 3DS and Wii U on Australia's CN to get the codes...not the deadline for when you enter the codes to get Mewtwo.

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
Zero is still a tier *****.
Seriously, he only uses the "good characters"...
I long to see the day when someone wins a major with one of the "bad characters"
...only then, will I that person as a true pro and master of the game... You shouldn't need a handicap to be good like most pro players rely on. It's terrible that they think so highly of themselves when they're honestly just being cheats.
He plays to win no matter what which is natural at that level of competition. You don't handicap yourself for a world class tournament

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Here's my source.
I got it from Metros, who saw it while requesting her CDs on Club Nintendo, so unless Metros is pulling our legs, which I highly doubt, this is from an official source.
Skip to Step 5. It says that all download codes must be redeemed within a month of receiving the receipt. Step 4 has the thing about how all codes must be requested by April 7th.
Also, I'm pretty sure Club Nintendo codes for registering video games are the ones that are valid through June 31st, not the Mewtwo DLC download codes.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Ganoncide for days.
Just wish he could be more than a slower, stronger Captain falcon.
He is.

If you play Ganon even remotely like you play Cap, you're gonna get bodied.

Cap is all about the rushdown, dash-grabs, juggles and off-stage gameplay.

Ganon is better suited for reading, punishment, side-b follow-ups and raw intimidation.

That's not to say they're absolutely different: they both have similar fighting styles, insofar as they both fight unarmed and wield physical strength over magick powahz. But Ganon is a lot more than "a slower, stronger Captain [F]alcon". The fact that Ganon sacrifices speed for power makes a huge difference: to wit, Cap is among the fastest characters in the game, Ganon among the slowest; Cap can rack up damage quickly and strike with a precise selection of kill moves, Ganon doesn't need to rack up damage because ALL OF HIS ATTACKS ARE KILL MOVES.

Consider also side-b: Cap's is a good punish / kill option, Ganon's is a command grab that's designed to setup for intense, brutal combos. For Cap, it's a useful tool to have; for Ganon, it's pretty much his signature move. It mitigates his lack of approach options, as while Cap can just sprint over and dash-grab, Ganon has to be a bit more clever about it. He has to read the opponent and exploit weaknesses in their defense, and he has to be absolutely savage when he gets the chance to hit back. He can turn the tide of battle around with literally a single hit, and rage only makes him scarier. And, as you say, Ganoncide.

It baffles me that people write off Ganon so quickly when, in practice, the two are nothing alike. ;P

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
He is.

If you play Ganon even remotely like you play Cap, you're gonna get bodied.

Cap is all about the rushdown, dash-grabs, juggles and off-stage gameplay.

Ganon is better suited for reading, punishment, side-b follow-ups and raw intimidation.

That's not to say they're absolutely different: they both have similar fighting styles, insofar as they both fight unarmed and wield physical strength over magick powahz. But Ganon is a lot more than "a slower, stronger Captain [F]alcon". The fact that Ganon sacrifices speed for power makes a huge difference: to wit, Cap is among the fastest characters in the game, Ganon among the slowest; Cap can rack up damage quickly and strike with a precise selection of kill moves, Ganon doesn't need to rack up damage because ALL OF HIS ATTACKS ARE KILL MOVES.

Consider also side-b: Cap's is a good punish / kill option, Ganon's is a command grab that's designed to setup for intense, brutal combos. For Cap, it's a useful tool to have; for Ganon, it's pretty much his signature move. It mitigates his lack of approach options, as while Cap can just sprint over and dash-grab, Ganon has to be a bit more clever about it. He has to read the opponent and exploit weaknesses in their defense, and he has to be absolutely savage when he gets the chance to hit back. He can turn the tide of battle around with literally a single hit, and rage only makes him scarier. And, as you say, Ganoncide.

It baffles me that people write off Ganon so quickly when, in practice, the two are nothing alike. ;P
Good Ganondorf players are so scary. I have to hit myself every time I take a hit from him because...in all honesty, taking a single hit could mean the end.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Here's my source.
I got it from Metros, who saw it while requesting her CDs on Club Nintendo, so unless Metros is pulling our legs, which I highly doubt, this is from an official source.
Skip to Step 5. It says that all download codes must be redeemed within a month of receiving the receipt. Step 4 has the thing about how all codes must be requested by April 7th.
Also, I'm pretty sure Club Nintendo codes for registering video games are the ones that are valid through June 31st, not the Mewtwo DLC download codes.
Ah I see. You are right.

Although I will correct that no, you will not be able to register games after March 31st, but you can spend coins and redeem codes until June 31st (but apparently Mewtwo isn't one of those codes).

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
As for Ganondorf, I couldn't care less about his playstyle, I just want him to have more fitting moves.
His neutral-b (all of them), side-b, jab, f-air, f-tilt, u-smash and Final Smash are all based on canon moves or are particular to him.

He's not nearly as un-Ganondorf as people make him out to be.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
His neutral-b (all of them), side-b, jab, f-air, f-tilt, u-smash and Final Smash are all based on canon moves or are particular to him.

He's not nearly as un-Ganondorf as people make him out to be.
Only one that I've seen him do in a Zelda game is his side tilt. I suppose you could argue his uses his fists in Wind Waker to beat up Link and Zelda, but that's not his primary method of attack in any Zelda games.

Top Bottom