• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Of course he's getting a trailer, but it won't be a Mewtwo one.....?

Why wouldn't it be?

The 50-fact extravaganza announcement about DLC was based entirely on him from what I saw, not on other DLC aspects. I'm sure he'd get his OWN trailer and he is more than deserving of one; they're taking this long making him, it's only right he get's his own trailer. Besides the Mewtwo DLC was a separate bonus promotion, it wouldn't really make sense if they threw in other stuff about it such as Miiverse and Tournament modes when it wasn't part of *his* announcement to begin with. As in, they didn't bundle his DLC with other things.

He'll get his own trailer of some kind. I don't see why he wouldn't.
I'd rather have him sooner then have to wait for them to make a trailer for her, in all honesty.

Last edited:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
So I was on Club Nintendo, and it got me thinking "I have 440 coins, and have 2 possible game choices: Golden Sun, or Earthbound. Which do I choose (if any)?"

Last edited:

C3CC

Smash Lord
Of course he's getting a trailer, but it won't be a Mewtwo one.....?

Why wouldn't it be?

The 50-fact extravaganza announcement about DLC was based entirely on him from what I saw, not on other DLC aspects. I'm sure he'd get his OWN trailer and he is more than deserving of one; they're taking this long making him, it's only right he get's his own trailer. Besides the Mewtwo DLC was a separate bonus promotion, it wouldn't really make sense if they threw in other stuff about it such as Miiverse and Tournament modes when it wasn't part of *his* announcement to begin with. As in, they didn't bundle his DLC with other things.

He'll get his own trailer of some kind. I don't see why he wouldn't.
I hope you are right. I mean, your argument makes total sense. No one wants a proper trailer for Mewtwo more than me, but I was just stating some possibilities. Hopefully they go your way, hahaha.

Last edited:

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Not really. Shadow Ball was kind of nice, but other than the zig zag pattern it was just a Samus Charge shot. Not bad, but not really adding anything interesting to his move set either. Disable gave him a high risk high reward move that when used on mix ups with grabs could yield some good results, with no other move quite like it in the game. It could be a bit better, but I honestly think it fits Mewtwo's move set design better as a whole than shadow ball, though shadow ball is still over all a decent move to have.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Not really. Shadow Ball was kind of nice, but other than the zig zag pattern it was just a Samus Charge shot. Not bad, but not really adding anything interesting to his move set either. Disable gave him a high risk high reward move that when used on mix ups with grabs could yield some good results, with no other move quite like it in the game. It could be a bit better, but I honestly think it fits Mewtwo's move set design better as a whole than shadow ball, though shadow ball is still over all a decent move to have.
Uh, not really. Shadow Ball affected Mewtwo's gameplay more than you think. It's jagged path allowed messing up with your opponent's head and occasionally hit them if they were to spot dodge. There is also the fact that Mewtwo's Shadow Ball does damage while charging which is great for trapping your enemies if they do a bad roll. It's just NOT a copy of Samus's Charge Shot.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Uh, not really. Shadow Ball affected Mewtwo's gameplay more than you think. It's jagged path allowed messing up with your opponent's head and occasionally hit them if they were to spot dodge. There is also the fact that Mewtwo's Shadow Ball does damage while charging which is great for trapping your enemies if they do a bad roll. It's just NOT a copy of Samus's Charge Shot.
The jagged pathing affected perfect shield timings and spot dodges for the most part agreed, but if you're trying to convince me that the hit box on the charge was anything good you're nuts. They would have to roll into you while you were charging it. The rolling part I can understand, but during the charge is a pretty visual reminder to not do that. The only people that would really effect are those that really have no clue what it does. And like I said, it's not like it's a bad move or anything, if anything it's pretty decent. I would just prefer Disable to it, especially since it plays into Mewtwo's grab game well. That said unless they decide to really redesign Mewtwo's move set from scratch we're more than likely to get back Melee Mewtwo with buffs to fit him better to the new engine.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
The jagged pathing affected perfect shield timings and spot dodges for the most part agreed, but if you're trying to convince me that the hit box on the charge was anything good you're nuts. They would have to roll into you while you were charging it. The rolling part I can understand, but during the charge is a pretty visual reminder to not do that. The only people that would really effect are those that really have no clue what it does. And like I said, it's not like it's a bad move or anything, if anything it's pretty decent. I would just prefer Disable to it, especially since it plays into Mewtwo's grab game well. That said unless they decide to really redesign Mewtwo's move set from scratch we're more than likely to get back Melee Mewtwo with buffs to fit him better to the new engine.
I stand by my word. Is pretty much once of Mewtwo's best moves and I think you underestimate it's uses. Of course nobody is going to roll into the charge, but as always is up the player using Mewtwo to make good use of it. Lucario's charge portion of Aura Sphere can be quite effective if you do a reverse momentum in mid air in order to trick your opponents to get trapped in it, same principle can be applied with the Shadow Ball. So yes, I still think it's good and you are crazy for even suggesting to get rid of it.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
So I was on Club Nintendo, and it got me thinking "I have 440 coins, and have 2 possible game choices: Golden Sun, or Earthbound. Which do I choose (if any)?"
Golden Sun is one of Nintendo's greatest, most under-rated RPG series. Definitely worth it if you've never played.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
I'd say shadow ball is his 8th best move. Out of 22 total commands (barring only jump, shield, roll, and dodges) it sits on the better end I'll agree. I never said it wasn't good, though you keep insinuating I did. All I was saying was that for his move set, it doesn't really fit too well for him. Confusion was given to him to counter projectile game and give him a long reach grab option, even though it was garbage in Melee. Disable was given to him to punish characters rushing at him that were planning to avoid shielding for fear of a grab, though the range was too short to give the move a reasonable chance to reliably use. His Dtilt acted as a fairly safe poke that could lead to a combo provided it wasn't read outright. And his throws were the things of miracles barring F throw, making opponents scared to death of getting grabbed. All of these things worked to give Mewtwo a neutral that could be respected, though unfortunately were too weak compared to the rest of the casts options. Shadow ball merely feels like it was given to him for the sake of having a projectile and possible kill option. And don't get me wrong, having a projectile is always a good thing because then you aren't forced into a approach you don't want, but it didn't do much other than just act as a hit box on the screen you avoid, almost like a stage hazard in a Mega Man game. It wasn't quick enough to be spammable to force an approach into Mewtwo's favorable fighting area, it didn't do enough damage to help him reliable get the opponents to high percents, and didn't cover enough area to serve as a tool to mitigate an approach. It was a decent projectile for its knock back and its jagged path alone. I mean it works if that's all you want for a move, a big, hard hitting, awkward flight path projectile, but usually for me I like characters moves to be thought out, out of Mewtwo's entire move set Shadow Ball was the elephant in the room for me design-wise.

Last edited:

M24S4

Smash Cadet
I don’t know if this means something but they announced a nintendo direct (without specific subject) for korea on thursday... so i hope we can expect one for us soon too

Last edited:

M24S4

Smash Cadet
I am from germany an unfortunately the sites are also in german.. but normally those two sites are quite trustful in terms of their information (of course i can send u the links if u want)

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
If you could post the link in the thread that would be fine. As much as I can't read german, I'm sure someone on here can and if all else fails I have a friend who can translate. After all, one source is better than none. Thanks in advance. For now I'm off to bed.

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
I always loved his f throw. It's not a kill move compared to b and u but I thought it sure was cool looking.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

even though that's a Korean direct (and hopefully a translated usa version soon)

time to give a slight heart attack. march 19th is in fact the first day of spring

korea may get the release date for mewtwo before us. (unless this direct is console focused and not game focused.)

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
even though that's a Korean direct (and hopefully a translated usa version soon)

time to give a slight heart attack. march 19th is in fact the first day of spring

korea may get the release date for mewtwo before us. (unless this direct is console focused and not game focused.)
I wouldn't get your hopes up. If I'm not mistaking, Korea never even gets any interesting information.

C3CC

Smash Lord
I think Shadow Ball is, if not THE best, one of the best projectiles in Melee. It's a great KO move, and the jagged path made it kind of hard to dodge. I really hope it comes back.

In fact, I just want Melee Mewtwo back but without the horrible ending lag his attacks had. I have enough of that already this time around with Charizard and Palutena. Confusion now needs to make him own the reflected projectiles as well. Oh, and Disable can go too.

johab001

Smash Cadet
I think Shadow Ball is, if not THE best, one of the best projectiles in Melee. It's a great KO move, and the jagged path made it kind of hard to dodge. I really hope it comes back.

In fact, I just want Melee Mewtwo back but without the horrible ending lag his attacks had. I have enough of that already this time around with Charizard and Palutena. Confusion now needs to make him own the reflected projectiles as well. Oh, and Disable can go too.
Also Shadow ball can hit marth even though he counters it sometimes.

The good thing about mewtwo's tail in Melee was that the tip of the tail was completely invincible

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
So not 100% related to Mewtwo but my cd has shipped, just got a confirmation. At least things are moving along. Hopefully there will be news soon. I mean, Nintendo would want to remind players to register for Mewtwo before the 31st, right? It would make sense to put out a teaser of some sort to get people to buy both 3ds and Wii U versions before the 31st hits. More money for them. I'm crossing my fingers!

Last edited:

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
So not 100% related to Mewtwo but my cd has shipped, just got a confirmation. At least things are moving along. Hopefully there will be news soon. I mean, Nintendo would want to remind players to register for Mewtwo before the 31st, right? It would make sense to put out a teaser of some sort to get people to buy both 3ds and Wii U versions before the 31st hits. More money for them. I'm crossing my fingers!
Same here, got my CD with the soundtrack a few days ago.
Just going to take this as a good sign~

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So has anyone else had any problems with not being able to play online for no reason? It happened to me just now and I literally haven't touched online in a couple weeks...

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
So has anyone else had any problems with not being able to play online for no reason? It happened to me just now and I literally haven't touched online in a couple weeks...
In what context can you not play online? Is the internet buggy? Can you not connect?

No, I mean like, I randomly got banned from online for 20 minutes...
....oh....
Uh, that's not supposed to happen...

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Ban time only counts while you're inside the game for some reason. If you leave a game and then turn off the console and come back weeks later you're still banned for 10-20 minutes.

Top Bottom