• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
No, none at all. People were annoyed that she pranked them with the Mewtwo email, but no one genuinely hated her for it.
maybe she was serious or was pranked herself. *shrug* personally, i hope she comes back. we wont know if shes right because its not out yet. i mean, on one hand, no one has ever seen footage of mewtwo. on the other (in speeds defense) the render that was shown in the 50 fact stream may not have been the final render, or was just cgi-hype.

M24S4

Smash Cadet
I totally want the "male" one, but i know there are also many people who want the new one, so before anybody gets mad i'd rather have some sort of pokemon origins mewtwo (i don't think there will be some kind of option for the voice, especially due the fact M2 shouldn't even have a gender)

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I totally want the "male" one, but i know there are also many people who want the new one, so before anybody gets mad i'd rather have some sort of pokemon origins mewtwo (i don't think there will be some kind of option for the voice, especially due the fact M2 shouldn't even have a gender)
Well if the poll I am currently doing is anything to go by only about 5% of people actually want a new voice.

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
I desperately need 70 coins on club Nintendo, can anyone help me? I'm willing to give my Metwwo code for Wii U away for them.

D

Deleted member

He HAS to have his hovering dash again. Mewtwo running doesn't make any sense at all.

Besides, it looks so freaking cool.

Origins essentially reflects what Mewtwo was before the first anime film introduced multiple concepts that Mewtwo is known for now (such as the DBZ-esque floating, the human-like sentience, etc.).

The levitation dashing is definitely superior and should be used if for nothing else but consistency, but the idea of Mewtwo actually running isn't so......:083: of a concept.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I need 190 Club Nintendo coins. :(

If I only didn't accidentally use 200 on Super Metroid for Wii instead of Wii U...

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I did the same buying Metroid for 3DS (again, since I had it already for Ambassador program).

I'm waiting a bit before deciding whether to buy Super Metroid of Doc Louis' Punch-Out (mostly for consistency).

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101

Origins essentially reflects what Mewtwo was before the first anime film introduced multiple concepts that Mewtwo is known for now (such as the DBZ-esque floating, the human-like sentience, etc.).

The levitation dashing is definitely superior and should be used if for nothing else but consistency, but the idea of Mewtwo actually running isn't so......:083: of a concept.
Holy crap! Mewtwo looks awesome when he runs like that! I don't know if it's because he's running so fast or because he's dodging those attacks or what, but it's just so cool-looking! If they could make Mewtwo look that awesome when runs in Smash Bros., then I wouldn't mind at all if he ran like a normal person. However, I feel like that would be really hard to replicate in a game like Smash, so I'm still in favor of Mewtwo's dash involving him hovering.
Well....technically I wasn't the first to say it in this scenario. lol
Wait... So you mean he liked you, and you liked him, and neither of you knew it?
Call me feminine, but I think that's the cutest thing ever.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Holy crap! Mewtwo looks awesome when he runs like that! I don't know if it's because he's running so fast or because he's dodging those attacks or what, but it's just so cool-looking! If they could make Mewtwo look that awesome when runs in Smash Bros., then I wouldn't mind at all if he ran like a normal person. However, I feel like that would be really hard to replicate in a game like Smash, so I'm still in favor of Mewtwo's dash involving him hovering.

Wait... So you mean he liked you, and you liked him, and neither of you knew it?
Call me feminine, but I think that's the cutest thing ever.
Well, we were already together...it's just that neither one of us had said "I love you", yet....
I was getting a bit anxious.

Byxis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Byxis7
3DS FC
4656-8308-4770
Can't wait for Sausage Toe and UFC Fighter Mewtwo to be final smashes

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Maybe Speed's busy enjoying Mewtwo early :p

Last edited:

Byxis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Byxis7
3DS FC
4656-8308-4770
I hope Mewtwo brings a balance patch along with him. A huge one.

C3CC

Smash Lord

Oh my God

Nevermind. Forget my words.

I'd still prefer him to hover instead of running, though. All my mains (sans Yoshi) hover for their running animations so I'd like Mewtwo to be in that group too.

Besides guys, I think the best thing is to not expect big changes. Sure, he's obviously getting buffed, and there might be a small change or two, but don't expect anything ground-breaking such as a complete, brand new moveset or anything like that. Just look at Dr. Mario; he came back pretty much the same moveset-wise, only with a few minor tweaks. It's safe to say Mewtwo will have the same fate. I think he's taking so long because they had to make him from zero, unlike Dr. Mario although I think it's also because Nintendo is hiding something from us.

Pretty much, what I NEED from Mewtwo to return is:

-Shadow Ball
-Neutral Air
-Hovering
-Teleport
-His four throws (Forward throw being stronger now)
-Confusion (now owning the reflected targets, please!!)
-Air speed

The rest, they can change it for all I care.

Last edited:

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
Oh my God

Nevermind. Forget my words.

I'd still prefer him to hover instead of running, though. All my mains (sans Yoshi) hover for their running animations so I'd like Mewtwo to be in that group too.

Besides guys, I think the best thing is to not expect big changes. Sure, he's obviously getting buffed, and there might be a small change or two, but don't expect anything ground-breaking such as a complete, brand new moveset or anything like that. Just look at Dr. Mario; he came back pretty much the same moveset-wise, only with a few minor tweaks. It's safe to say Mewtwo will have the same fate. I think he's taking so long because they had to make him from zero, unlike Dr. Mario although I think it's also because Nintendo is hiding something from us.

Pretty much, what I NEED from Mewtwo to return is:

-Shadow Ball
-Neutral Air
-Hovering
-Teleport
-His four throws (Forward throw being stronger now)
-Confusion (now owning the reflected targets, please!!)
-Air speed

The rest, they can change it for all I care.
Going off by your profile, Lucas didn't hover for his running animation.

Last edited:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Sure, give me your skype's on a PM, we can start it. That way we can all start getting to know each other and we can even play against each other. Whomever doesn't want to join yet because of the extremely logical and valid reason that Mewtwo is not out yet doesn't have to join, but those of us who don't care can go ahead and start it :p.
Given i plan on making Mewtwo one of my primary secondaries and have always liked the Pokemon, i definitely wouldn't mind joining. Mine is "spidefreak1011". : D

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
The dragon type tournament will start very soon. The catch: two uber level pokemon are allowed on your team.
Are you ready to face Mega Rayquaza partenered with another uber level dragon on every. Frickin. Team, boys and girls? I know I am!
not

Last edited:

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
The only things I want Mewtwo to keep from his Melee incarnation are Teleport, his throws (f throw buffed), Disable, Fair, Bair, Nair, and Dtilt. The rest I'm completely open for them to go wild.

C3CC

Smash Lord
The only things I want Mewtwo to keep from his Melee incarnation are Teleport, his throws (f throw buffed), Disable, Fair, Bair, Nair, and Dtilt. The rest I'm completely open for them to go wild.
OH GOD how could I forget his godly Forward Air! I need that back too!

Going off by your profile, Lucas didn't hover for his running animation.
I was talking about my Smash 4 mains :p

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The dragon type tournament will start very soon. The catch: two uber level pokemon are allowed on your team.
Are you ready to face Mega Rayquaza partenered with another uber level dragon on every. Frickin. Team, boys and girls? I know I am!
not
Let's not forget Primal Groudon and Kyogre!

I was thinking about joining with a specialized anti-metagame team meant to quickly take out Mega Rayquaza and the Primals, but I procrastinated and didn't get it done in time.
But it turns out Life Orb Landy-I can do serious damage to Primal Groudon with Earth Power, and Mega Rayquaza's got nothing on a tailwind boosted Kyurem-B.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Let's not forget Primal Groudon and Kyogre!

I was thinking about joining with a specialized anti-metagame team meant to quickly take out Mega Rayquaza and the Primals, but I procrastinated and didn't get it done in time.
But it turns out Life Orb Landy-I can do serious damage to Primal Groudon with Earth Power, and Mega Rayquaza's got nothing on a tailwind boosted Kyurem-B.
That was my MO last time around. I brought Mega Sharpedo almost exclusively to deal with the likes of Megamence, Megagross, Megaken and the Latis who, as I predicted, were very used pokemon in that competition. Megapedo can function as hard counter of sorts against them if you wait before mega evolving and getting a speed boost. Seriously, that shark is so underrated.
I still haven't decided if I'm going to participate this time around because I haven't prepared a team yet. Maybe just for the Amaura...

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
not
I've never entered one of these. I predict Mega Rayquaza with either Primal Kyogre or Primal Groudon though.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
What's going on, what tournament?
An online pokemon competition called "Enter the Dragon Type" which will be starting soon. It requires to have at least one dragon type on your team, and you can use up to two high tier legendary pokemon like Mewtwo or Rayquaza.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
3 days till spring

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG.

I cant wait :^)

"Hmph...as if!"

Come on guys, what are the odds of us actually hearing or receiving any info within the next 3 days? It's a pipe dream.
We probably won't be getting anything till mid April or something.

It hurts to admit it...

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

"Hmph...as if!"

Come on guys, what are the odds of us actually hearing or receiving any info within the next 3 days? It's a pipe dream.
We probably won't be getting anything till mid April or something.
No im saying in 3 days i can happen anytime im not saying immediately.

Im saying on thursday it can happen at anytime. (Besides the next direct will probably reveal the date.)

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Orrrrr, this is just some elaborate April's fools joke that Sakurai decided to cook up since November.

Just imagine "Wham! You've been Sakurai'd!!"

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'm still holding out for March 31st. I think that's the earliest possible date.

Top Bottom