• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting really uninterested in mewtwo due to this agonizing wait with no word from Nintendo.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I am still waiting for Mewtwo while trying to figure out how to get 190 CN coins when I don't have much money. :/

Range

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2079-7847-2811
I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting really uninterested in mewtwo due to this agonizing wait with no word from Nintendo.
Every day, I check this board, hoping just maybe we got some news. But alas, it was not to be.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Honesty I was perfectly happy waiting for Mewtwo.
But then I stumbled across this board and saw how much fun everyone was having.

Now that I've constantly got Mewtwo on my mind, the wait has become unbearable. I still love this board and all the lovely people I've met hear, but it's also really made the wait for Mewtwo so much harder.

C3CC

Smash Lord
I wonder if when we get Mewtwo he'll get some real character treatment. By this I mean that I wonder if we'll eventually ourselves fighting him in Classic Mode or Master/Crazy Orders, if we'll see his "shadow" when choosing Pokémon sounds in the Sound Test, etc.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
I wonder if when we get Mewtwo he'll get some real character treatment. By this I mean that I wonder if we'll eventually ourselves fighting him in Classic Mode or Master/Crazy Orders, if we'll see his "shadow" when choosing Pokémon sounds in the Sound Test, etc.
Hopefully, I know Nintendo won't be that lazy in their way to add in Mewtwo....*gasp!* Maybe thats whats taking them so long!

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
I would generally assume such, ESPECIALLY due to how requested he's been for these years. I would assume all DLC fighters will be treated like that.
I also hope he gets his own Palutena's Guidance conversation, it'd be cool for him to interrupt and either taunt them or be wise and wishing Pit the best. It's early enough in development to where he can easily still have one, and that'd be better than that "leaked' one.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Almost definitely. Considering Alts. like the Koopalings and Alph got that kind of treatment, I would be shocked if Mewtwo didn't. I mean, Mewtwo is actually his own character, with the only thing setting him apart being the fact that he's DLC, so I feel like all of that extra stuff is almost a given.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
That would not be suprising what so ever

A mewtwo trophy will be on the classic mode ring(s)

Mewtwo will be on a ticket for master and crazy orders.

The master shadow is always makes a clone of the character your making.

And you missed one.

Mewtwo will be a opponent on smash run/collectable fighter on smash tour

And this will happen on release once you download mewtwo is in the game.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
That would not be suprising what so ever

A mewtwo trophy will be on the classic mode ring(s)

Mewtwo will be on a ticket for master and crazy orders.

The master shadow is always makes a clone of the character your making.

And you missed one.

Mewtwo will be a opponent on smash run/collectable fighter on smash tour

And this will happen on release once you download mewtwo is in the game.
What about "New Challenger Approaching!" and his chronological appearance in the All Star Mode?

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
I kinda hope we have to either A. Fight him like the unlockables. or B. Get the "Joins the Battle!" screen to pop up for Mewtwo when you turn on the games.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
No DLC characters in any fighting game make you fight them first to unlock.

So I don't wanna see Mewtwo suffer from it.

D

Deleted member

To be fair, most fighting games don't have you fight the character to unlock them in the first place.

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
I actually wouldn't mind having to fight him to unlock him, its not like its hard to fight the computers anyways. But yeah of course most of the development isn't just going into his moveset and model. You got renders, voice acting, animations, then there's integrating him into all the single player modes (which theres a good amount of them), and balancing. They're also probably working on tournament mode (online/offline) as well as working on the Miiverse stage. I imagine the dev team wants to get as much content finished so they dont have to work on it later on.

Last edited:

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Time is of no bother to me. My devotion will be rewarded with the inevitable result.

She will come...

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
Time is of no bother to me. My devotion will be rewarded with the inevitable result.

She will come...
me too dude. like a slowpoke, i dip my tail and wait for the bite (mewtwo)
its not just modeling and moves they have to work on. they gotta integrate him into the different modes, voice acting and sound effects, general balance, and animations. they are still probably gonna be working on him til release. be patient guys.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Mewtwo when Lucario was confirmed for Brawl and Smash 4...

Mewtwo when Greninja was shown at the Direct trailer....

Mewtwo at the end of the 50 Fact Extravaganza.

"Yeah, that's what I thought."

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I never thought that Lucario or Greninja "stole" Mewtwo's spot anyways. In my mind, there was never a reason for them to not coexist on the same game.
I like Mewtwo and all, but that doesn't mean we should turn hostile towards any other pokemon newcomer that it isn't him. Especially when pokemon has a plethora of diverse characters to choose from.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I never thought that Lucario or Greninja "stole" Mewtwo's spot anyways. In my mind, there was never a reason for them to not coexist on the same game.
I like Mewtwo and all, but that doesn't mean we should turn hostile towards any other pokemon newcomer that it isn't him. Especially when pokemon has a plethora of diverse characters to choose from.
That doesn't mean it was justified for them to make it in before him.
Think of it this way- imagine if Pikachu was cut...but Pachirisu made it in.
Sure, they'd have their differences....but all of the Pikachu fans would feel pretty cheated.

The point is; some Pokemon are quite simply...more deserving than others. Mewtwo....as the first legendary Pokemon and a prime mascot of the series next to Pikachu....he should have never been cut, nor even considered to be cut. Especially since he was never even a clone like the others that were cut from Brawl.
Truth.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
That doesn't mean it was justified for them to make it in before him.
Think of it this way- imagine if Pikachu was cut...but Pachirisu made it in.
Sure, they'd have their differences....but all of the Pikachu fans would feel pretty cheated.

The point is; some Pokemon are quite simply...more deserving than others. Mewtwo....as the first legendary Pokemon and a prime mascot of the series next to Pikachu....he should have never been cut, nor even considered to be cut. Especially since he was never even a clone like the others that were cut from Brawl.
Truth.

I agree, he should have never been cut. But sometimes crap happens and things don't turn out as planned. I know this because Mewtwo was my main but after his cut I found solace in Lucario. Charizard also made it in late in the series despite his inmense popularity.
Despite this, I see Lucario and Greninja as great additions as well, new possibilities like that shouldn't be overlooked. Either way, that's water under the bridge now and everything turned out fine. We get to keep those three without having to get rid of the other.

C3CC

Smash Lord
I would generally assume such, ESPECIALLY due to how requested he's been for these years. I would assume all DLC fighters will be treated like that.
I also hope he gets his own Palutena's Guidance conversation, it'd be cool for him to interrupt and either taunt them or be wise and wishing Pit the best. It's early enough in development to where he can easily still have one, and that'd be better than that "leaked' one.
This is very, VERY important to me because I absolutely love the Palutena's Guidance conversations. Sadly, I'm almost sure he'll end up using the leaked one that was unused... I highly doubt they'll hire Antony del Rio, Brandy Kopp and Hynden Walch to record just one small conversation. It takes money and time.

Am I also the only one who is excited about Mewtwo's reaction to coming back? This is ridiculously stupid, I know, since he's a fictional character but I can imagine him looking at Mario, Bowser, Zelda, Link, Fox and company like "So we meet again..." and looking at others like Pit, Wario, Olimar, King Dedede, Rosalina, Palutena, Robin and company like "And it looks like we've got several new faces around here..."

I REALLY NEED HIM NOW FOR F*CKS SAKE CAN HE HURRY UP ALREADY

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
What about "New Challenger Approaching!" and his chronological appearance in the All Star Mode?
All-star Ofcoarse. He will be with the zone where you fight:4charizard::4pikachu::4jigglypuff:

And if you are refering too the message when you fight :4lucina::4falco::4duckhunt::4drmario::4darkpit::4gaw::4wario::4rob:
(3ds :4bowserjr::4jigglypuff::4ness::4ganondorf:)

That depend on how smash dlc works its either put in immediately like most dlc stuff. Or he might do so ething special so you have to beat the DLC character(s) to use the character.

So 50/50 for that.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
I just really hope I can Co Main Mewtwo alongside ROB.
I don't see how having co mains is an issue.
This is very, VERY important to me because I absolutely love the Palutena's Guidance conversations. Sadly, I'm almost sure he'll end up using the leaked one that was unused... I highly doubt they'll hire Antony del Rio, Brandy Kopp and Hynden Walch to record just one small conversation. It takes money and time.
Yes, but they've likely had this planned for awhile now, so there's no reason not to have Mewtwo's done. I think that one that was leaked is for any character beyond this point.

Last edited:

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul

Am I also the only one who is excited about Mewtwo's reaction to coming back? This is ridiculously stupid, I know, since he's a fictional character but I can imagine him looking at Mario, Bowser, Zelda, Link, Fox and company like "So we meet again..." and looking at others like Pit, Wario, Olimar, King Dedede, Rosalina, Palutena, Robin and company like "And it looks like we've got several new faces around here..."

I REALLY NEED HIM NOW FOR F*CKS SAKE CAN HE HURRY UP ALREADY
I'm quite sure they would have already had it recorded long before Mewtwo was even announced. But if that's not the case and they use the one that was found, then at least he'll get something. The whole 'intruder from another dimension' didn't really make much sense to me. I've never seen Mewtwo as an 'intruder' unless that's how they are implementing him into the game somehow?

Ugh, I just want them to hurry up and release him. This wait is obnoxiously ridiculous. By the 20th there will only be 11 days left. We need SOME info by then!!

I'm really looking forward to his reaction as well, actually. I can't wait to see how he interacts with the others characters this time, and how different he'll be compared to Melee. I'm sure the trailer will just blow my mind into oblivion if he gets one.

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
No one replaced anyone guys. If there's another Smash Bros in the future, dont automatically assume just because Lucario is in the game means that Mewtwo isn't going to make it. Its like if I saw Oro in Street Fighter V then I automatically assume Q isn't going to be in it because of some ridiculous speculation. There's no reason to think this sort of thing jeez I'm beating a dead horse here.

Last edited:

C3CC

Smash Lord
I'm quite sure they would have already had it recorded long before Mewtwo was even announced. But if that's not the case and they use the one that was found, then at least he'll get something. The whole 'intruder from another dimension' didn't really make much sense to me. I've never seen Mewtwo as an 'intruder' unless that's how they are implementing him into the game somehow?

Ugh, I just want them to hurry up and release him. This wait is obnoxiously ridiculous. By the 20th there will only be 11 days left. We need SOME info by then!!

I'm really looking forward to his reaction as well, actually. I can't wait to see how he interacts with the others characters this time, and how different he'll be compared to Melee. I'm sure the trailer will just blow my mind into oblivion if he gets one.
He's DLC; of course he's getting a trailer. Maybe not a CGI trailer like Greninja's, Rosalina's and others', but definitely a trailer. It won't be a Mewtwo trailer, though, but a DLC trailer showing Miiverse and the Tournament modes as well (and who knows, maybe another surprise they throw in). We'll obviously see some footage of him fighting so they convince people of why they should get him.

Think of the trailer of something like this:

Last edited:

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
He's DLC; of course he's getting a trailer. Maybe not a CGI trailer like Greninja's, Rosalina's and others', but definitely a trailer. It won't be a Mewtwo trailer, though, but a DLC trailer showing Miiverse and the Tournament modes as well (and who knows, maybe another surprise they throw in). We'll obviously see some footage of him fighting so they convince people of why they should get him.

I agree. It'll probably just be a gameplay trailer, but it will be amazing. Especially after all these months of nothing. Fingers crossed there'll be some nice surprises too.

D

Deleted member

Here's hoping that with the Smash registration deadline being slated for the end of March we'll hear or see something by mid April at the latest (or ideally, have him by then).

The wait is actually killing me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul

Of course he's getting a trailer, but it won't be a Mewtwo one.....?

Why wouldn't it be?

The 50-fact extravaganza announcement about DLC was based entirely on him from what I saw, not on other DLC aspects. I'm sure he'd get his OWN trailer and he is more than deserving of one; they're taking this long making him, it's only right he get's his own trailer. Besides the Mewtwo DLC was a separate bonus promotion, it wouldn't really make sense if they threw in other stuff about it such as Miiverse and Tournament modes when it wasn't part of *his* announcement to begin with. As in, they didn't bundle his DLC with other things.

He'll get his own trailer of some kind. I don't see why he wouldn't.

Top Bottom