• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Sakurai's mentioned that he prefers not to change characters' movesets too much, lest he "alienate" the fans. It's one of the reasons why Ganondorf has remained largely the same since Melee.

Mewtwo's got a really fun moveset as it is, it just needs to be stronger and have a wider range of uses than it does in Melee. If he's gonna be light and floaty, he's got to have something like speed or power to mitigate it, y'know?
Yeah! I didn't know how to word it properly but this is how I personally think.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
What? More rumours? Come on guys...don't tag me when we aren't even getting anything....
I hate that... >.>
Accually its just at clash tournment they showed in eshop the smash update that makes mewtwo compatiable

But it was quickly removed.

i didnt say ON the due date. i said shortly AFTER. like Wednesday.
You are aware that wednesday is april fools day right?

Besides he claimed mewtwo would be released on the 30th in japan

And they have the same times up to get for free date like us.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Accually its just at clash tournment they showed in eshop the smash update that makes mewtwo compatiable

But it was quickly removed.

You are aware that wednesday is april fools day right?

Besides he claimed mewtwo would be released on the 30th in japan

And they have the same times up to get for free date like us.
"Quickly Removed"
What a coincidence. ^-^ Sounds completely legit.

Not.

Stop with this. It's not funny. In fact, it's aggravating.

Last edited:

Tom13

Smash Apprentice
We're not getting Mewtwo any time soon. So maybe we should just stop talking about and posting stuff related to his release. :/
We have a reason to believe that Mewtwo will be released within this week, as Sakurai said that he's pretty much done.

Mega Espeon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Espeon196TF
3DS FC
4511-0466-9842
Sakurai has stated that work on Mewtwo is essentially complete. He'll be releasing at least sometime within the month of April.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
We have a reason to believe that Mewtwo will be released within this week, as Sakurai said that he's pretty much done.
No, he said that last week. We didn't get him.
Why should we believe anything when even Sakurai's word means 0 to nothing?

Sakurai has stated that work on Mewtwo is essentially complete. He'll be releasing at least sometime within the month of April.
He said "April"?
Source?

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
you know with all this hype in the air, here is the theme of this social
think about it.
The beginning is mysterious and lonely sounding, kind of like how we were awaiting Mewtwo's arrival.
The next part is graceful sounding, when people are thinking of ideas of how Mewtwo will play.
Then the song takes a dark turn, obviously meaning we started to get of topic on Religion, personal info, arguments and not Mewtwo related things.
Then the music gets intense, meaning we are getting impatient on when he is coming, while becoming insane.
And finally that final infamous tune plays at the end, is when Mewtwo does eventually come into the world of smash 4.

Mega Espeon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Espeon196TF
3DS FC
4511-0466-9842
Sakurai never said April. It's just speculation on my part.

Also, everyone, if you want to add me on Skype, go ahead! It's on my profile. Just specify who you are in the contact request.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
We're not getting Mewtwo any time soon.
We're getting Mewtwo soon. We just don't know how soon.

I have almost no doubt well get in sometime next month.
We can't say that for absolute certain, but I think it's a decently safe and reasonable assumption.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
think about it.
The beginning is mysterious and lonely sounding, kind of like how we were awaiting Mewtwo's arrival.
The next part is graceful sounding, when people are thinking of ideas of how Mewtwo will play.
Then the song takes a dark turn, obviously meaning we started to get of topic on Religion, personal info, arguments and not Mewtwo related things.
Then the music gets intense, meaning we are getting impatient on when he is coming, while becoming insane.
And finally that final infamous tune plays at the end, is when Mewtwo does eventually come into the world of smash 4.
Part 1: The Beginning: Looming Hope 0:00- 0:58
Part 2: The Arrival: Hope Restored 0:58- 1:27
Part 3: The Interlude: Anxious Ambitions 1:27- 2:01
Part 4: The Interlude: Part 2: Dire Circumstances 2:01- 2:54
Part 5: Grand Finale: Mewtwo Strikes Back! 2:54- End

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Is there an actual rule stating that in character social threads you have to talk about things relating to that character? On one hand I see mods talk about non-character related things, but on the other I see people being displeased over non-character related discussions. I mean no offense in my question: I am just genuinely curious and confused.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Is there an actual rule stating that in character social threads you have to talk about things relating to that character? On one hand I see mods talk about non-character related things, but on the other I see people being displeased over non-character related discussions. I mean no offense in my question: I am just genuinely curious and confused.
Well, under the rules in the first post of this thread, it says...
3. It's also for not talking about Mewtwo and the Spoon Sword if you're into that. IDK
Other socials get off topic as well.
I'm pretty sure socials are just a get together for fans of a certain character, so we can get to know the community and yadayada.

Mega Espeon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Espeon196TF
3DS FC
4511-0466-9842
Yeah, it is. A clever one. We'll be seeing more and more of these fakes as we get closer to Mewtwo's release. I don't get why fake leaks showing off Mewtwo are even a thing. We know he's in the game and we know he's coming soon. What's the point?

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
So that image of the eShop is a fake then?
Of course! Just look at the screenshot for the Miiverse stage: Exactly the same from the Smash Direct. And the header with its writing looks not very professional.

Nice to see you again, lazy fakes!

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
think about it.
Don't forget this.^^

Just planning things out in advance. ;)

Range

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2079-7847-2811
The closer we get, the more excruciating the wait. I don't want Mewtwo to be 'happening', I want Mewtwo to be 'here'. Right now, preferably.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
I just don't understand why Nintendo is withholding (<- not the best word for it) information about Mewtwo to such a degree. Yeah I can get building something up but when you hold out info for about a year and a half then it just gets silly...

in other news....uh....EVO15 doesn't like Mewtwo...(awkwardattemptatchangingtopicisawkward)

Top Bottom