• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Frig, I was on Clash Tournaments a while ago, and the chat was talking about Mewtwo, but I had no idea there was an announcement. I had the sound off.

Well, at any rate, even if the update did come out, Nintendo doesn't seem to have sent out any codes yet. I really hope this is legit, though.
@Speed

We are so close now.

Tom13

Smash Apprentice
Someone claimed that Mewtwo is "Out". I don't trust him. I don't even have a code yet.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
I'd take this all with a grain of salt, I'm not certain on this and have yet to see proof of it. I was merely trying to ask and see if what was said was legitimate.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
I feel like this will end up being another troll. My mindset has switched from optimism to pessimism VERY quickly.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Is the Clash Tournament somehow sponsored by Nintendo? Or how could they possibly announce something?

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
If I find out this was a troll thing, I would be very annoyed.
Same here, as the YouTuber who was tweeting this was always a good source of information and credible. I will lose respect immediately if I find out this was a troll.

Range

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2079-7847-2811
This has a good chance of being a troll, seeing how fishy the circumstances are. But then again, Clash Tournaments seems reputable, so it might be true.

This isn't worth getting your hopes up about, but it wouldn't be smart to completely disregard it either.

The lengths that my wish to see Mewtwo in game drives me to.

Mega Espeon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Espeon196TF
3DS FC
4511-0466-9842
Is D1 with Clash? He's let some things slip in the past. Splatoon at APEX comes to mind.

Mega Espeon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Espeon196TF
3DS FC
4511-0466-9842
No idea, but he had a history of accidentally letting some things slip before Splatoon at APEX. If D1 says anything about Mewtwo, I'd believe it.

Range

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2079-7847-2811
Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I was scrolling past the comments that I missed in this thread and got my hopes up. Turns out it was a misunderstanding... QQ

Anyways, I'm pretty sure Mewtwo's released date is gonna be announced this week. Direct on Tuesday/Wednesday will do the trick. Hopefully Nintendo doesn't do things for April Fools regarding Mewtwo...

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Look at the account. He says:

@(D1's twitter account) Lookon the Japanese Nintendo website and it shows march 31st for the release date!

Clearly he just misunderstood the Club Nintendo due date. Shame, too, I was really hoping for this one.
Not even seeing anything on the JP website.. not even the misunderstood text..

Banette

Smash Cadet
Hey all, been gone for the weekend; anything I missed except for a notice that served to remind me how I'll uncomfortaly burn in eternal fire when I finally leave this world?

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Hey all, been gone for the weekend; anything I missed except for a notice that served to remind me how I'll uncomfortaly burn in eternal fire when I finally leave this world?
There's most likely going to be a direct next Tuesday/Wednesday according to the other fellas here.

Other than that, you didn't miss much. A lot of "leaks" appeared but they were all fake.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
i didnt say ON the due date. i said shortly AFTER. like Wednesday.
Yeah. Let's put it that way: Since Sakurai said that Mewtwo's pretty much done, it is more likely to release him just after the due date. I don't think we'll have to wait some more weeks from now...

Banette

Smash Cadet
There's most likely going to be a direct next Tuesday/Wednesday according to the other fellas here.

Other than that, you didn't miss much. A lot of "leaks" appeared but they were all fake.
"Leaks" are to be expected when a release seems to come close, yet we're still in the dark about pretty much everything... I wouldn't be surprised to finally see a direct this week (in fact I'd be very disappointed if we didn't see one); thanks for your response :3

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
While I'm not interested in Mewtwo as a character (though I have both versions and am getting him anyway), I am very curious as to what his moveset will look like in this game.

I'm expecting it to be like Doc: pretty much the same as it was in Melee, but with a few tweaks here and there and presumably buffed so he's actually viable this time.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
"Leaks" are to be expected when a release seems to come close, yet we're still in the dark about pretty much everything... I wouldn't be surprised to finally see a direct this week (in fact I'd be very disappointed if we didn't see one); thanks for your response :3
No problem~ =)

While I'm not interested in Mewtwo as a character (though I have both versions and am getting him anyway), I am very curious as to what his moveset will look like in this game.

I'm expecting it to be like Doc: pretty much the same as it was in Melee, but with a few tweaks here and there and presumably buffed so he's actually viable this time.
Yep! I pretty much expect Mewtwo to be the same as well (with buffs of course). I see people hoping Mewtwo would get some more psychic moves and less tail moves, and while that's fine, I just don't see it happening. Sakurai doesn't change movesets too much, and the Doc is pretty much like Melee's. I'm perfectly fine with whatever though... psychic things are cool and I really like Mewtwo's tail.

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
No problem~ =)

Yep! I pretty much expect Mewtwo to be the same as well (with buffs of course). I see people hoping Mewtwo would get some more psychic moves and less tail moves, and while that's fine, I just don't see it happening. Sakurai doesn't change movesets too much, and the Doc is pretty much like Melee's. I'm perfectly fine with whatever though... psychic things are cool and I really like Mewtwo's tail.
marios fludd and pit/dark pit would like a word with you.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
marios fludd and pit/dark pit would like a word with you.
Ah, good point. Lemme rephrase that then: IMO, personally, I just don't see Sakurai changing up his moveset except a few buffs here and there. I can see Sakurai changing his side-b and down-b though, if he doesn't buff it.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Sakurai's mentioned that he prefers not to change characters' movesets too much, lest he "alienate" the fans. It's one of the reasons why Ganondorf has remained largely the same since Melee.

Mewtwo's got a really fun moveset as it is, it just needs to be stronger and have a wider range of uses than it does in Melee. If he's gonna be light and floaty, he's got to have something like speed or power to mitigate it, y'know?

Top Bottom