• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
I just don't understand why Nintendo is withholding (<- not the best word for it) information about Mewtwo to such a degree. Yeah I can get building something up but when you hold out info for about a year and a half then it just gets silly...

in other news....uh....EVO15 doesn't like Mewtwo...(awkwardattemptatchangingtopicisawkward)
I don't know why Nintendo is holding back info from us, if they don't do a direct this week, THEN there's an issue. As for EVO, why would they have in issue with Mewtwo? There's no reason to have any issue with a character that's coming out soon.

CeruleanFlow

Smash Cadet
NNID
CeruleanFlow
I don't know why Nintendo is holding back info from us, if they don't do a direct this week, THEN there's an issue. As for EVO, why would they have in issue with Mewtwo? There's no reason to have any issue with a character that's coming out soon.
The issue is that if it is available to every person before the tournament, then he will be useable. If he's only available to those who have both copies, he won't be.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I'm getting so impatient, all iv'e been doing is hitting the reset button on this page, and seeing if there is any news about Mewtwo.

Mega Espeon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Espeon196TF
3DS FC
4511-0466-9842
Oh, by the way, I'd like to thank you all for getting me to the necessary levels of hype for Mewtwo. ^^

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
trying not to feed the fires...but...https://4archive.org/v/thread/288665407
"brains and brawn" raises an eyebrow.... could this be.... mewtwos trailer?
again, i'm taking it as a 50/50 chance of happening wednesday. on one hand..... april fools! on the other.... the day after the mewtwo dlc deadline. and nothing there screams fake... even ewn couldnt debunk it. dont take it as something that will 100% happen... but.... *sets up mini gambling ring* takin' bets! takin' bets!

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
again, i'm taking it as a 50/50 chance of happening wednesday. on one hand..... april fools! on the other.... the day after the mewtwo dlc deadline. and nothing there screams fake... even ewn couldnt debunk it. dont take it as something that will 100% happen... but.... *sets up mini gambling ring* takin' bets! takin' bets!
Wheres the mewtwo part?

The smash part says nothing about mewtwo.

EDIT: oh wait i see it "brains and brawns"

Yea brains is mewtwo clearly due to telekinisis

And brawn
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/brawn

First off mewtwos brain has more muscle in hia brain + did you guys forget about mewtwos X form thats fighting and strength.

If the brawn is not mewtwo then the theory was right on (sakurai secretly making a secondary test character for dlc.)

But if i had to guess
(King k rool or wolf or snake or roy perhaps?) (thats all i got)

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I really doubt this, since it has no real evidence.

However, I do find something rather interesting.
The continent of Magvel is the continent Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones takes place in.
One of the important countries in "Project If" seems to be inspired by Rome/Italy. My sister had speculated that that country might be connected to the country of Renais from Sacred Stones, as the name seems to come from renaissance. That does add a little credibility, but only just a little bit.

On the off chance this thing is real, it'd be kind of cool to see Sacred Stone's back story.

Also, brains is Mewtwo, brawn is Pichu.
You don't get much tougher then Pichu.

Last edited:

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
"Brains and Brawn" is the name of the trailer?
Hmmm....I'm thinking Mewtwo and Lucas vs. Wolf and...Roy?
Idk.
was thinking mewtwo would be the only dlc character in this trailor :p
it didnt give any details. just a title. though judging by brains and brawn.... i picture mewtwo and ness going up against captain falcon and little mac.
I really doubt this, since it has no real evidence.

However, I do find something rather interesting.
The continent of Magvel is the continent Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones takes place in.
One of the important countries in "Project If" seems to be inspired by Rome/Italy. My sister had speculated that that country might be connected to the country of Renais from Sacred Stones, as the name seems to come from renaissance. That does add a little credibility, but only just a little bit.

On the off chance this thing is real, it'd be kind of cool to see Sacred Stone's back story.

Also, brains is Mewtwo, brawn is Pichu.
You don't get much tougher then Pichu.
well no, but there isnt much of this that screams "bs" to me.

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
MARIO GAME STARRING MY BOY BOWSER?!?!?!? MORE FIRE EMBLEM?!?!?!?!?!?! POKEMON RANGER?1?!?!?!?!? MEWTWO TRAILER?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

...I dunno if this is real or fake but please please please please please please please please please....

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just to humor myself:

Bowser Wii U - Sounds awesome. Poor Waluigi fans.

FE - FE8 Prequel would be pretty awesome, have always wanted them to expand upon the lore of the series.

Pokemon Ranger - Crimson Eon better refer to Latias otherwise my recent trend of avatars will be sad.

Star Fox - Lame idea, especially considering SF64 3D

Amiibos - More support at least.

Mewtwo Trailer - Good name at least.

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
Just to humor myself:

Bowser Wii U - Sounds awesome. Poor Waluigi fans.

FE - FE8 Prequel would be pretty awesome, have always wanted them to expand upon the lore of the series.

Pokemon Ranger - Crimson Eon better refer to Latias otherwise my recent trend of avatars will be sad.

Star Fox - Lame idea, especially considering SF64 3D

Amiibos - More support at least.

Mewtwo Trailer - Good name at least.
as i said. flip of a coin chance. on one hand, april fools. on the other.... day after mewtwo deadline i would expect SOME shred of news regarding our psychic kitty cat. if they wanna announce more than one thing, two birds with one stone right?
theres nothing here that screams "bs" to me. and again, sometimes 4chan is right, sometimes they are wrong. so again. 50/50 this is real or false. taking bets :3

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
well no, but there isnt much of this that screams "bs" to me.
Rule of Thumb: All leaks are fake unless they have substantial evidence otherwise.
I dunno, the Eon Twins already got their moment in the sun with Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs.

Then again, I guess that didn't stop them from reusing Entei, Raikou, and Suicune.

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
Rule of Thumb: All leaks are fake unless they have substantial evidence otherwise.I dunno, the Eon Twins already got their moment in the sun with Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs.

Then again, I guess that didn't stop them from reusing Entei, Raikou, and Suicune.
don't appreciate that kinda negativity.:happysheep: we won't know til it happens. im not getting too excited, but neither am i not bracing self if not a little.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Another typical 4chan Direct "leak", but I'll be damned if I wouldn't want to play a Mario spin-off starring Bowser.
(And before anyone brings up BiS, I mean an actual Bowser spin-off like Yoshi's Island/Super Princess Peach/etc.)

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I think "brains and brawn" is just Mewtwo. he is smart and powerful.

if he was with someone else it would be "brains vs. brawn"

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
don't appreciate that kinda negativity. we won't know til it happens. im not getting too excited, but neither am i not bracing self if not a little.
I'm not being negative. I'm just trying to be reasonable. Almost all leaks are fake; we should all know that by now.

If we hype over them, we'll just be disappointed if they're false.
On the contrary, if we don't hype over them, and then they come true, it'll be a pleasant surprise.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
There is literally no evidence supporting that leak but goddamn I am getting hyped over it. I pray to god it's real... pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

...I'm gonna cry when it turns out to be fake... QQ

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I know 4Chan is a pretty unreliable source for leaks, or anything, for that matter, but let's not forget that Smash 4's final roster was leaked there. I'd give this a little credibility.

Bowser Wii U sounds awesome! I think it's nice to see Bowser finally getting his time in the spotlight. However, if you can't play as Iggy or any of the other Koopalings, I'm not going to be a happy user. Also, it's nice to finally get some info on Mario Maker. I've been wanting some more news on that since the day it was released.
As for the Star Fox Wii U game, I honestly don't know. As long as they can make this whole ordeal interesting and not completely redo Star Fox 64 again, I'll be fine. I think that I'll withhold my verdict on this game until we get more information.
Don't play Fire Emblem.
As for Mewtwo's supposed reveal trailer, I'm not sure what to make of the title. I mean, it's cool and all, and the Brains part is obviously Mewtwo, but who's the Brawn? I would guess that it's someone whose already on the roster, but if it is an extra newcomer, I'd expect a clone of a currently existing character. The problem is, no Melee veteran really fits that description. Dry Bowser, anyone?
Or Ridley, because Ridley is so big.

In any case, this is assuming this is even true, which it very well may not be. As for my certainty on its validity, I want to say 50%, but I think my drive for Mewtwo and a playable Iggy Koopa pushes it up to ~55%.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
This thread has become a very sad place.

"Look! A Mewtwo Leak!
...Nope, it's fake."

"Wait, I think this one's real!
Oh wait, that's just Smash 3 Mewtwo, nvm."

"Okay I know the last ones weren't real but this one might be.
Oh, wait, nvm. That was just a troll."

I'm really tired of all these leaks.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
This thread has become a very sad place.

"Look! A Mewtwo Leak!
...Nope, it's fake."

"Wait, I think this one's real!
Oh wait, that's just Smash 3 Mewtwo, nvm."

"Okay I know the last ones weren't real but this one might be.
Oh, wait, nvm. That was just a troll."

I'm really tired of all these leaks.
We're all pretty desperate for some Mewtwo... haha...

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I feel this one is supposed to be aimed at me...I got trolled by someone I found reliable as well as Clash ****ing Tournaments.
I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to target anyone specific.

I'm far more irritated with the leaks themselves then the people posting them here.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to target anyone specific.

I'm far more irritated with the leaks themselves then the people posting them here.
its all because of Mewtwo, he is the one that is making us looking like idiots, he is the one making us insane, he made people make Mewtwo leaks and he is the one who wasn't in smash 4 from the beginning. we must kill him!

Last edited:

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
As much as I hate 4chan leaks, when something like that comes about I'd rather remain skeptical but not rule it out entirely. Remember when the pictures of DHD and Bowser Jr were leaked and nobody believed it? ....until footage was shown.

Brain and Brawn (Brain vs Brawn??) does sound like something Mewtwo related.

GDI, the page was removed.... though I got to see it seconds before it was taken down. I didn't get to screenshot it though.

And as for that CT leak... ugh, beyond fake. The picture of Mewtwo is one of his PM poses.

It's the 30th here in Australia today guys. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
As much as I hate 4chan leaks, when something like that comes about I'd rather remain skeptical but not rule it out entirely. Remember when the pictures of DHD and Bowser Jr were leaked and nobody believed it? ....until footage was shown.

Brain and Brawn (Brain vs Brawn??) does sound like something Mewtwo related.

GDI, the page was removed.... though I got to see it seconds before it was taken down. I didn't get to screenshot it though.

And as for that CT leak... ugh, beyond fake. The picture of Mewtwo is one of his PM poses.

It's the 30th here in Australia today guys. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

here

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
its all because of Mewtwo, he is the one that is making us looking like idiots, he is the one making us insane, he made people make Mewtwo leaks and he is the one who wasn't in smash 4 from the beginning. we must kill him!
Kill? The only and only Mewtwo? Get out of my face, you disgust me.

(i'm joking i love you)

Mega Espeon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Espeon196TF
3DS FC
4511-0466-9842
Schrodinger's Leak: A leak is both true and false until it is observed to be either of them.

Top Bottom