• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Psychic is a type I don't complain about because nearly every viable Psychic out there has some sort of good Fighting-type coverage. Some, such as the Lati twins, don't need it.

And Ice needs more love. Outside of a few select Pokemon, it's pathetic on everything else. At least Kyurem-B/W have those beefy attacking stats...but unfortunately B can't use his to good effect. At least the mixed sets are vicious.
I just wish Kyurem-B could at least ice punch to utilize that base attack with a STAB Ice move.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
i hear ya. my strategy: load 4 moves of differing types and hope one of em is super effective.
That's basically what you want to do. Just make sure they cover the Pokemon's weaknesses...oh and of course, make sure one of them is STAB'd. (Same Type Advantage Boost)

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
That just baffles me. Kyurem-B can't learn Ice Punch despite having MASSIVE ARMS to use.
Ampharos can't learn Tail Glow despite it's tail apparently being bright enough to be a beacon. I don't care that it's Japanese name has something to do with fireflies, Manaphy can learn it, and it doesn't look like a ****ing firefly.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Use Greninja. It gets STAB on everything with Protean. Too bad it's banished to Ubers.

Outside of Greninja, perfect coverage is quite difficult, especially if you try and reduce it to 2-3 moves. Only Reshiram can come close to boasting it, since Azumaril and Diancie can resist those STAB types. Turboblaze means it can hit Heatran too.

Ampharos can't learn Tail Glow despite it's tail apparently being bright enough to be a beacon. I don't care that it's Japanese name has something to do with fireflies, Manaphy can learn it, and it doesn't look like a ****ing firefly.
Yes, trying to apply logic to Pokemon and their move sets is odd.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
To be fair...if it had Tail Glow along with it's Mega Evolution...I'm nearly positive it would be banned to Ubers by Smogon.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I once heard that Sakurai made Meta Knight broken in Brawl simple to prevent the game from being competitive.
Whether or not that is actually true? Idk.
Highly doubt that. Of course, I do find it more than a bit suspicious that Meta Knight, one of Sakurai's own creations, was the only character in Smash history to be so broken that he was banned from tournaments and received a tier all to himself.
Psychic is a type I don't complain about because nearly every viable Psychic out there has some sort of good Fighting-type coverage. Some, such as the Lati twins, don't need it.

And Ice needs more love. Outside of a few select Pokemon, it's pathetic on everything else. At least Kyurem-B/W have those beefy attacking stats...but unfortunately B can't use his to good effect. At least the mixed sets are vicious.
I agree with this completely. Ice types have got nothing but worse as the generations go on. Give them a resistance to water, grass, and fairy please.
Well, they themselves admitted Dragons were unbalanced, so who knows, maybe they could have neutered them without Fairies somehow.

And they have tournaments and stuff to appeal to the competitive crowd. They are a huge mixed bag in terms of balance there, but that is more the fault of the Doubles format than anything. Things like Soul Dew and most legendaries are banned, but MeVos like Kanga aren't. For now it's a matter of seeing just how much ORAS changes balance on their side since it's already messed with Smogon's(hai Ubers Greninja).
Also, they should seriously reconsider a total base stat rebalance on every species. That way, the oh-so-controversial Smogon wouldn't have to ban so much.
And nerfing weather.
And buffing Defog.
Those three things did wonder to the competitive pokemon metagame. Thank goodness that not everyone and their mothers are running Politoed or Tyranitar or spamming Draco Meteor with almost no drawbacks anymore.

Poor ice types really need a buff, though. The only pokemon who really benefits from that type more then it's hurt by it is Mamoswine.
Tripping and acting out of hitstun weren't added in to spite competitive play as much as they were a poorly designed attempt at trying to bridge the gap between Wii's target audience and those who mastered the deceptively complex Super Smash Bros Melee.

As for Pokemon I really don't know what Gamefreak is doing honestly. I can see them introducing Fairies to encourge steel and poison attacks as well as be an answer to the overpowered dragon type....Then they answer disgruntled dragon fans with Mega Salamence. Meanwhile the psychic typing they fixed in gen 2 is barely any better than Ice or Poison nowadays with ghosts and dark types continuing to get buffed.

And nonsense like Aegislash.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Nothing stops me from whipping out my **** you Giratina.

---------------------

Also NonspecificGuy I don't think any Gamestop is getting any extra Shulks. They are only getting Preorder copies. Unlike other retailers they don't buy in bulk. Sorry guy.

--------------------

I actually tried out Mewtwo in Project M 3.5 and he's pretty beastly.

Igzex

You might as well just embrace Anything Goes where my 6 Klefkis and the wonders of Swagplay sprinkle magic over every victim's life.

Just waiting for something to make Mewtwo viable, let alone 6.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Also NonspecificGuy I don't think any Gamestop is getting any extra Shulks. They are only getting Preorder copies. Unlike other retailers they don't buy in bulk. Sorry guy.
Shame. Thanks for checking mane. :)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Dear Nintendo:

Can you just announce Mewtwo already? Christ.

Sincerely, the World
PS. If it's taking this long, maybe throw in some clones too?

Last edited:

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
That's basically what you want to do. Just make sure they cover the Pokemon's weaknesses...oh and of course, make sure one of them is STAB'd. (Same Type Advantage Boost)
huh. :p i also use what i want in battle. including those that may be considered broken. idc about stats. just get really high level and smash the competition. i view pokemon as creatures, not as programs :p
my favorite is, of course, mewtwo. not even taking into account the first movie or smash bros, i believe in red/blue it was so broken that the dark type could have been made just for it. then it can learn aura sphere soooooo.....
nothing quite beats seeing a dark type gym leader/trainer, whip out mewtwo and then blast it with aura sphere
(for the record, my mewtwos (carried over from more than one gen :p) always know psychic/psytrike, shadow ball, auras phere/ice beam (if not available) and recover/thunderbolt. it wrecks everyones **** yo

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I can live with neither, but won't complain if they return either.

For that matter, for some reason I'm listed as a supporter for Wolf. Really, I don't. I've only ever made one friggin post there, as a response to a quoting mistake, no less, but that makes me a supporter?

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I can live with neither, but won't complain if they return either.

For that matter, for some reason I'm listed as a supporter for Wolf. Really, I don't. I've only ever made one friggin post there, as a response to a quoting mistake, no less, but that makes me a supporter?
You done best be supportin' Wolf, son.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
You done best be supportin' Wolf, son.
I'm sure I can have my stance respected when I say that I honestly don't support Wolf. Not to diss those who do(and by all means, more power to them), but Wolf is one of those characters I don't care about. I don't hate him, though.

If he returns, cool.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I liked using Lucas better than Wolf...but I'm just happy Mewtwo is returning!

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I'm sure I can have my stance respected when I say that I honestly don't support Wolf. Not to diss those who do(and by all means, more power to them), but Wolf is one of those characters I don't care about. I don't hate him, though.

If he returns, cool.
If you don't care, then why not just go ahead and throw your name in the supporter hat, anyway? I don't give two ****s about Lucas, but he was someone's main, so I support him anyway.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
If you don't care, then why not just go ahead and throw your name in the supporter hat, anyway? I don't give two ****s about Lucas, but he was someone's main, so I support him anyway.
Yeah, pretty much this.
I totally respect your stance, Liquid, but as long as you're indifferent, why not just support him? I mean, just because the DLC's there doesn't mean you have to buy it, so there's really no reason not to support as long as you're indifferent. Once again, I 100% respect your stance, but I'd encourage you to think it over.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
In Wolf's case, I'm already there. Asking to remove myself would cause an uproar over there due to differing users and their (over)reactions, so I'll just quietly ignore it and stay there.

And as for both, I'm not forced to support them anyway. Personally, I only support characters I truly want in; as of now, Snake, Rayman, King K Rool, Wonder Red and of course my own support thread. This applied pre-release too as I stepped in to support Shulk at my brother's behest(and I grew fond of Xenoblade after supporting Shulk anyway).

It's not logical for me to blindly throw in my name just because. I need to have a reason that appeals to me before supporting.

And yes, @ U-Throw U-Throw , I get it, but see my reasoning above.

Last edited:

Igzex

One could argue that they may have announced Mewtwo a little early to generate hype for the cross buy promotion but come on. Of course it's gonna take a long time to finish Mewtwo. Characters in this game kinda have quite a bit of work to do on them. For one thing, her Melee data is too old so she has to be reanimated entirely. Then the obvious testing which I hope is more complete this time. Finally, there's all the parts of the game they're gonna have to make her data compatible with like Little Mac's Stage, a power and model morph for Kirby, being compatible with the game modes etc.

From having to wait a year after Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire to the situation now all I know is that as a Mewtwo fan I know what it is to wait...

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
Last edited:
Top Bottom