• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I'm going to tell you something that's going to blow your mind. @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy has liked every single post on this thread and, to my knowledge, everywhere else. He even liked flames and trolls. Now, we have reached a monumental moment. He didn't like a post. Your post. You post was so spoilery and awful, NonSpecificGuy didn't like it. Congratulations on making such an evil post.
:p

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I'm going to tell you something that's going to blow your mind. @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy has liked every single post on this thread and, to my knowledge, everywhere else. He even like flames and trolls. Now, we have reached a monumental moment. He didn't like a post. Your post. You post was spoilery so and awful, NonSpecificGuy didn't like it. Congratulations on making such an evil post.
xD Omg...you're right. That's actually funny.

Pitoo? Hah, more like Pitpoo!

Last edited:

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
I'm going to tell you something that's going to blow your mind. @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy has liked every single post on this thread and, to my knowledge, everywhere else. He even like flames and trolls. Now, we have reached a monumental moment. He didn't like a post. Your post. You post was spoilery so and awful, NonSpecificGuy didn't like it. Congratulations on making such an evil post.
Im special and you're not
Bow down to me pleb
:4bowser:

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
I pledge to main Mewtwo (even though I already main four characters) I shall psystrike fear into the hearts of everyone. Hopefully this doesn't cause "confusion".

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm going to tell you something that's going to blow your mind. @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy has liked every single post on this thread and, to my knowledge, everywhere else. He even liked flames and trolls. Now, we have reached a monumental moment. He didn't like a post. Your post. You post was so spoilery and awful, NonSpecificGuy didn't like it. Congratulations on making such an evil post.
Fixed that.
Im special and you're not
Bow down to me pleb
:4bowser:
You're no longer special.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Fixed that.

You're no longer special.
But I got proof that U-throw said that you didn't like me, i'll even quote it so that it shows Im special

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
So I decided to expand all the spoiler tags I possibly could. It only let me expand 19 spoiler tags before defaulting into non-expandable spoiler tags. They were replaced by their text equivalents.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So I decided to expand all the spoiler tags I possibly could. It only let me expand 19 spoiler tags before defaulting into non-expandable spoiler tags. They were replaced by their text equivalents.
Spoilception.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Oh, God, Spirst. Your new avatar scared the crap out of me. I was just scrolling down the page and then BAM! *Shudders* Didn't help that I was alone.
In my room.
With the lights out.

At night.
Ah, what's so bad abo-

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
It's this super graphic manga that got adapted into an anime. Basically, it takes place in a fantastical medieval Europe-like world, and focuses on these two guys that fight demons. It's also a lot about whether or not humans are naturally evil or good, among other subjects. I personally vouch for naturally evil, but that's just me. If you wanna read more, check this out.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
A lot of the posts during this and the last page have pretty much been spam. Considering how awesome the spoon sword is, there isn't an excuse for all of the image only/under 10 chars/emocon only posts on this page.

The wait for Mewtwo sucks but I do have to ask you all to tone it down a notch.

Ooooookay.
Same goes for you @ Spirst Spirst :smirk:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Ah, Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, classic. Takes me back. Picked up the hardback collection at Borders(R.I.P.) some years ago.
I myself used that same image for my FB profile pic around Halloween.

Spirst

Ah, Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, classic. Takes me back. Picked up the hardback collection at Borders(R.I.P.) some years ago.
I myself used that same image for my FB profile pic around Halloween.
The stories themselves were rather average (though still good) but the Stephen Gammell illustrations were what left the biggest impact on me and just about everyone else. It's quite unfortunate that contemporary society seems to have this idea that children must be shielded from every little thing. So now, instead of having these amazingly stylized pieces with a lot of atmosphere, we have boring generic ones.

Check out the comparisons to see just how much it's been neutered.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
The stories themselves were rather average (though still good) but the Stephen Gammell illustrations were what left the biggest impact on me and just about everyone else. It's quite unfortunate that contemporary society seems to have this idea that children must be shielded from every little thing. So now, instead of having these amazingly stylized pieces with a lot of atmosphere, we have boring generic ones.

Preachin' to the choir, dude, those books were some of the highlights of my elementary days.
Some of my favorite pics were:

and

I have Stephen Gammell and R.L. Stine to thank for turning me into the nightmare fetishist(as TVTropes calls it) that I am today. What an appropriate 666th post!

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
I don't get why the illustrations had to be toned down but the stories are still ok. It's fine that little jimmy is reading about a scarecrow skinning people because we commissioned an otherwise good artist to do clip art for the illustration.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I loved those books as a kid. Stories are just old folktales that aren't particularly scary, but those illustrations are great. I loved some of the joke ones at the end of each book, such as 'The Viper'.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Holy crap! I didn't even realize that was from Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark until you mentioned it. God, I loved that book. When I was kid, I used to scare myself silly by reading the stories late at night. And I agree, the biggest reason I was scared was because of those horrifying illustrations.
Except for Harold. That story was scary enough on its own. It didn't need an illustration to give me nightmares. The funny part is, it actually didn't scare me as a kid because I didn't know what "skinning" someone meant. When I went back and read it as a slightly older kid, it gave me the heebie-jeebies like nothing else I've ever read or seen. I love scary stories, but that one was particularly freaky for me, looking back. Wouldn't go near scarecrows for awhile after that one >_<.

I-I don't even know what to say. I loved those illustrations, as creepy as they were, but whoever authorized the use of these pictures butchered them. There's nothing wrong with shielding kids from some things, and it's definitely necessary in some cases, but this is ridiculous. Shielding kids to this extent is actually worse for them, I would argue. The real world will hit them like a cannonball, and they won't know what to do about it. Besides that, it's not like the illustrations were mind-numbingly gruesome. They're just creepy. Nothing wrong with scaring yourself a little bit.
I loved those books as a kid. Stories are just old folktales that aren't particularly scary, but those illustrations are great. I loved some of the joke ones at the end of each book, such as 'The Viper'.
I absolutely loved that one, but Bloody Fingers is where it's at, man. It was hilariously stupid.

Top Bottom