• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Grass

Smash Lord
I'm sorry, but I haven't seen it wane. Last time I checked, they were booing everyone that didn't win Melee.
I'd honestly rather not discuss what happened at Apex Day 3 seeing as people have talked about this like 100 times over. And it's getting old. But Melee is still a thing and people are still playing it. So there's still some degree of support.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I don't want to sound like a wet blanket but isn't PM technically dead? Everyone got nerfed including Mewtwo. :/
Well, yes, but it was with good reason. Everybody's recoveries were too good, and Mewtwo was apparently OP (I think this is debatable, but as long as Mewtwo's balanced, I'm good). So, yes, everybody was nerfed, but it was all in an effort to make the game as good as it can be. I wouldn't say it's dead, at all. As a matter of fact, I would say that it's more alive than ever.
...Or, at least, it should be. The reason PM isn't seen on the competitive scene much these days is because Nintendo is really cracking down on them. If that weren't the case, I believe PM probably would have grown substantially thanks to 3.5.

Grass

Smash Lord
Well, yes, but it was with good reason. Everybody's recoveries were too good, and Mewtwo was apparently OP (I think this is debatable, but as long as Mewtwo's balanced, I'm good). So, yes, everybody was nerfed, but it was all in an effort to make the game as good as it can be. I wouldn't say it's dead, at all. As a matter of fact, I would say that it's more alive than ever.
...Or, at least, it should be. The reason PM isn't seen on the competitive scene much these days is because Nintendo is really cracking down on them. If that weren't the case, I believe PM probably would have grown substantially thanks to 3.5.
I honestly don't care if PM makes it back to the competitive scene seeing as I've never actually played PM. But I think as far as the game is concerned I'd like to see more of PM at least streamed on twitch. It may not be completely dead, but we should still show it some love.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
There's only one major issue I have with PM.

:lucario::lucario::lucario::lucario::lucario:

If they just fixed that problem, I'd be fine with it.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
It's kind of interesting in that Lucario tries to play like a Darkstalkers character with the EX Specials, chain combos, and aura being replaced a super meter system of sorts. Not sure if it totally works out in smash gameplay though.

I guess it's either that or get rewarded for getting your butt kicked in multiplayer and then camping until an opportunity to kill someone presents itself.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
It's kind of interesting in that Lucario tries to play like a Darkstalkers character with the EX Specials, chain combos, and aura being replaced a super meter system of sorts. Not sure if it totally works out in smash gameplay though.

I guess it's either that or get rewarded for getting your butt kicked in multiplayer and then camping until an opportunity to kill someone presents itself.
Yeah, I agree. I actually played. Lucario pretty often before Mewtwo was released for exactly that reason. He's a pretty interesting character to use!
He's a spite character. His design philosophy is literally "**** your crutch character, casuals".
But, that's like saying Lucario's entire purpose was to annihilate the rest of the cast. That's preposterous, to say the least. Project M's goal was to balance the entire cast to the point that, theoretically, tier lists would become unnecessary. While Lucario might be like that, I highly doubt it, as I've only seen a few people actually complain about Lucario. I honestly don't think he's a problem, and it's just a matter of knowing your character and Lucario in order to beat him, just as it should be with every other character in Project M.
If you want a spite character, let's talk Giga Bowser being implemented via "-".

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Yeah, I agree. I actually played. Lucario pretty often before Mewtwo was released for exactly that reason. He's a pretty interesting character to use!

But, that's like saying Lucario's entire purpose was to annihilate the rest of the cast. That's preposterous, to say the least. Project M's goal was to balance the entire cast to the point that, theoretically, tier lists would become unnecessary. While Lucario might be like that, I highly doubt it, as I've only seen a few people actually complain about Lucario. I honestly don't think he's a problem, and it's just a matter of knowing your character and Lucario in order to beat him, just as it should be with every other character in Project M.
If you want a spite character, let's talk Giga Bowser being implemented via "-".
It's not a matter of beating him or not beating him. It's a matter of the fact that he's been gutted out and a different character entirely is wearing his skin.

Everything that made that character Lucario is gone in PM. So I refuse to call him by name.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
It's not a matter of beating him or not beating him. It's a matter of the fact that he's been gutted out and a different character entirely is wearing his skin.
So, um, what exactly is the problem? Lucario's a Fighting-type, and he fights like a traditional fighting game character, and the Aura-chars mechanic feels pretty at home on him, not to mention interesting. I just don't see what the big deal is.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
So, um, what exactly is the problem? Lucario's a Fighting-type, and he fights like a traditional fighting game character, and the Aura-chars mechanic feels pretty at home on him, not to mention interesting. I just don't see what the big deal is.
That's. Not. Aura.

Don't you dare pretend that it's what it replaced, something which, if you ask me, was far better.

Last edited:

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
I don't think Brawl's Aura is exactly what Pokemon defined as aura either. Unless the Endure Reversal set is what the aura actually is.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I don't think Brawl's Aura is exactly what Pokemon defined as aura either. Unless the Endure Reversal set is what the aura actually is.
I guess we should take out Marth's tipper, too! After all, that never showed up in FE, despite defining the ****ing character within Smash's context!

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
That's. Not. Aura.

Don't you dare pretend that it's what it replaced, something which, if you ask me, was far better.
Well, I mean, Aura's unique effect was created specifically for Brawl. You act like that's how Aura works in the Pokémon games, and it doesn't. And, actually, it did replace the Brawl's Aura mechanic. That's a fact, not an opinion.
I respect your opinion on Brawl's Aura being better, but I don't see the logic. Brawl rewarded you for getting your butt whooped. Like, what? Why should you get rewarded for being bad at the game? Project M does the opposite: It rewards you for having skill, which makes far more sense and Lucario much more fun and interesting to play, in my opinion. You're not wrong, I just don't understand.
I guess we should take out Marth's tipper, too! After all, that never showed up in FE, despite defining the ****ing character within Smash's context!
You literally just said: THAT'S NOT AURA. But, the Pokémon games never defined Aura as anything other than something all living things give off. So, therefore, Brawl's mechanic was entirely original and not based off of anything, which means that Project M's interpretation is just as viable. There's nothing wrong with coming up with original features for Smash, but you said that Project M's Aura wasn't Aura, despite Brawl's Aura having no ties to Lucario's home games, which doesn't really seem to make sense.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'm saying that Smash's Aura is what makes Lucario Lucario as a playable character in Smash. It's what defines his entire playstyle and it's what makes him fun to play as.

That... thing in PM just spits on him an everyone who likes him because he apparently "rewards you for playing badly". Bull****, have they ever even actually seen someone play as Lucario? Because I really don't think they have.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I'm saying that Smash's Aura is what makes Lucario Lucario as a playable character in Smash. It's what defines his entire playstyle and it's what makes him fun to play as.

That... thing in PM just spits on him an everyone who likes him because he apparently "rewards you for playing badly". Bull****, have they ever even actually seen someone play as Lucario? Because I really don't think they have.
What your trying to do here, it seems, is make your opinion the only one that matters. I've tried to argue as nicely and respectfully as possible, all the while with you biting my head off, but I think I've had enough. Project M made a character how they wanted. They said, "Hey, wouldn't it be neat if Lucario's Aura mechanic worked like...etc." They were just trying to make a character more fun and interesting. And they didn't remove anything that defined him, as you seem to be implying, they just redefined him with a new mechanic. If you don't like that, that's 100% fine, but keep in mind that not everyone shares your opinions, so don't go around crapping all over Project M's Lucario just because you personally have something against him. I have zero problems with you saying you don't like it, but don't bite my head off for having an opinion.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
What your trying to do here, it seems, is make your opinion the only one that matters. I've tried to argue as nicely and respectfully as possible, all the while with you biting him head off, but I think I've had enough. Project M made a character how they wanted. They said, "Hey, wouldn't it be neat if Lucario's Aura mechanic worked like...etc." They were just trying to make a character more fun and interesting. And they didn't remove anything that defined him, as you seem to be implying, they just redefined him with a new mechanic. If you don't like that, that's 100% fine, but keep in mind that not everyone shares your opinions, so don't go around crapping all over Project M's Lucario just because you personally have something against him. I have zero problems with you saying you don't like it, but don't bite my head off for having an opinion.
I'm sorry... I just strongly suspect that they changed him out of contempt for someone they see as a "n00b character" more than out of any desire to improve on him (as my discussion with various PM players on the subject have confirmed), and as someone who really likes Vanilla Lucario, I find it incredibly insulting.

I don't know why I get so worked up over this...

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I'm sorry... I just strongly suspect that they changed him out of contempt for someone they see as a "n00b character" more than out of any desire to improve on him (as my discussion with various PM players on the subject have confirmed), and as someone who really likes Vanilla Lucario, I find it incredibly insulting.

I don't know why I get so worked up over this...
It's fine, man. We all have a pressure point that we need to keep in check:). And, if those Project M players said anything to you about Vanilla Lucario sucking, then I'm really sorry. Those people were probably jerks who have no respect for anyone else's opinions. We all have them, and it's just important to respect them. Don't let those kind of people distort your view of the Project M fanbase. They were probably elitists and only represent a small part of our community. There's nothing wrong with Vanilla Lucario, I just prefer PM's, and I respect your opinion. I'm glad you have a character you can enjoy. Happy Smashing!

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Am I the only one who is loving MH4U right now instead of SSB4? Even when the characters I wanted for DLC came in SSB4, I would still love and play MH4U more
no hate pls

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Am I the only one who is loving MH4U right now instead of SSB4? Even when the characters I wanted for DLC came in SSB4, I would still love and play MH4U more
no hate pls
I thought MH4U didn't launch until the 13th? Or is that MM3D I'm thinking of?

Last edited:

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
I thought MH4U didn't launch until the 13th? Or is that MM3D I'm thinking of?
The MH4U demo is out, its basically the whole game but missing the village mode(story mode), and you cant customizate your character, etc, only small things, you can go online multiplayer, but the characters you use, are over 14 characters, and they all have full armor on without your choice of customization for it. because its a demo.<---Sorry if you cant understand me, I cant explain it properly since im playing it so much.

Im loving the Hunting horn.

Last edited:

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Well damn, I still haven't beaten 3U yet.
You have 2 options
1.Start a new life in MH4U
2.Stay stuck in MH3U and get jealous of people who have LINKS equipment and SONIC feylines with caliburn(Sonic's sword in Sonic and the black knight)

lmao I know what im getting, a Sonic feyline for feyline one, and a Mario feyline for my second.

im saying stuff to myself since playing MH4U is REALLY good.

im going to be all about the hunting horn, my avatar pic is the god of music, Apollo(SMITE pic), my Mii looks like Apollo, and my Mii name is Apollo, all of that just because im interested in the hunting horn in 4U

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well now we know the spoiler limit amount.

Top Bottom