• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
I remember making a post this time last year saying I wanted Mewtwo to be around where Ness is in the tier list. It may have taken a while but I finally got my wish granted!

PEACE7

Smash Champion
View attachment 102893

Made this picture yesterday lol

But yeah of course there will be new people looking to pick up the character after seeing what he can do, some will only play him for a week and some will stay. More people playing the character is mostly a good thing though!
Lets see what new things we can find with our boss character!

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
First MK, now M2...when's Robin gonna magically be considered high tier? Or Clou-oh wait.

I remember using M2 when he first came out, tried him, didn't mind him but I was focusing on MK at the time. Pretty sure I tried using him again before he got buffed and my cousin always complained cuz it was usually my fault that we lost our dub matches. Then M2 got buffed and we won match after match <3. Kinda funny though how if you look at release M2's kit, he leans more towards that defensive glass 'cannon' archetype similar to what Zelda is. Buffs gave him a more offensive presence and now he's a glass cannon that can play both defensively and offensively, sorta similar to Fox.

Now if only Zelda would get a similar treatment or...ya know...a workable defense.

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
First MK, now M2...when's Robin gonna magically be considered high tier? Or Clou-oh wait.

I remember using M2 when he first came out, tried him, didn't mind him but I was focusing on MK at the time. Pretty sure I tried using him again before he got buffed and my cousin always complained cuz it was usually my fault that we lost our dub matches. Then M2 got buffed and we won match after match <3. Kinda funny though how if you look at release M2's kit, he leans more towards that defensive glass 'cannon' archetype similar to what Zelda is. Buffs gave him a more offensive presence and now he's a glass cannon that can play both defensively and offensively, sorta similar to Fox.

Now if only Zelda would get a similar treatment or...ya know...a workable defense.
Yeah sticking with Mewtwo since day one was no easy feat I almost gave up I feel like there trying to fix Zelda but there going about it in the wrong way same with Palu

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Unless Robin gets that speed buff he'll never be considered high tier i'am seriously wondering who's idea that was
Robin was made to be a tactician, so he pretty much has to be on the slow side. However, being slow isn't Robin's only problem, since the limitations that his tomes have mean that you can't spam any of his best attacks; you have to use them sparingly if you don't want to end up in an unfavorable position.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Feels so good to see that Mewtwo is finally getting the love he deserves! Loved the character ever since Melee and dabbled with him ever since he was released as DLC, before the patches and all.

It's sick to witness his ascend to greatness!

(let's go Lucas speed buff next 8) )

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
Robin was made to be a tactician, so he pretty much has to be on the slow side. However, being slow isn't Robin's only problem, since the limitations that his tomes have mean that you can't spam any of his best attacks; you have to use them sparingly if you don't want to end up in an unfavorable position.
His projectiles don't have enough range to be that slow, however I do agree that he should be slow. I also agree the tome is a problem, but it's understandable under the circumstances. Id say the best way to buff him would be to
●Make him faster when he doesn't have the tome
●give his projectiles slightly llonger range so he doesn't have to get to close
●make his tome last longer
That's what I think he needs

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Making Robin's tomes last longer would really help him out more, especially when you're talking about Nosferatu, which takes a whopping 40 seconds to recharge once it's all used up. Even Robin's projectile attacks could deserve to have a much longer travel distance, just so that he doesn't always have to rely on Thoron for his long-ranged assaults; using Thoron a lot uses up the Thunder Tome sooner than the other Thunder variations.

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
Making Robin's tomes last longer would really help him out more, especially when you're talking about Nosferatu, which takes a whopping 40 seconds to recharge once it's all used up. Even Robin's projectile attacks could deserve to have a much longer travel distance, just so that he doesn't always have to rely on Thoron for his long-ranged assaults; using Thoron a lot uses up the Thunder Tome sooner than the other Thunder variations.
Thoron isn't even worth it, if you ask me it's underpowered.

Here's how they can slightly buff Robin to keep his playstyle but make him way better. Four buffs.
  • Levin Sword return time becomes 7 seconds. This way finisher options are readily available.
  • Arcfire moves faster and has less lag overall. Now he doesn't get punished for using his best combo tool.
  • Nosferatu return time drops to 30 seconds. Now there's an actual chance you'll get it back after missing three times.
  • A slight increase in air speed, enough to help him follow up out of Arcfire with his Levin Sword.
Now Robin is a fearsome power character alongside his tactician side.

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
So how long until they nerf Mewtwo? tfw Mewtwo's competitive strength is no longer a best-kept secret.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Well... my mom has died. Haven't posted here since then and I feel like I wanted to tell you guys since this is where I gravitated to when I first joined not long ago. I needed time to try to pull myself together after it happened, she was only 60 years old and it came completely out of nowhere. I've never had to go to a funeral for my immediate family before, but now I have my mom's to go to on Friday, and I'm dreading it a lot.
My sincere condolences.

My uncle died last week.

Laying loved ones to rest never gets any easier. If I could send hugs, I would.

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
@/Lucina I don't know where I was when this was posted but my deepest apologies man my cousin died at the beginning of March I never knew him but I still cried but we have to remember the happy times man I hope it turns out well for you

Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy I don't know why but I feel like we will know when it's the last patch

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
people are already calling mewtwo's down tilt and fair super cheesy already.....

:150:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
people are already calling mewtwo's down tilt and fair super cheesy already.....
"Mewtwo can't combo", they said. "Mewtwo is to easy to hit," they said.
We Mewtwos have been saying that those moves were good this whole time, and no one ever listened.

They aren't allowed to complain.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
...............I hope you are joking.
Sakurai and friend might see Pound and nerf something, possibly.

I hope not anyways. I already had my other main Luigi get his teeth smashed by the nerfbat.

(But Luigi is still high tier so they actually balanced him out pretty well)

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734

I hope not anyways. I already had my other main Luigi get his teeth smashed by the nerfbat.

Sakurai is probably a Luigi main "o guys let's nerf Luigi he's so broken right now" can still get you to 40% in one grab

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746

I didn't get to see the match so maybe something happened that is actually broken. If it was just Abadango playing really well then I refuse to believe M2 should be nerfed.

HE JUST STOPPED BEING CALLED TRASH IN THIS GAME! Come on now.

A long legacy ends today... RIP my corrupted Omega Ruby save file

Let's review... Two Rayquazas, Two Dialgas, Two Xerneas, Mew, Jirachi, Deoxys, All Three Genies, Mega Freaking Diancie, ALL of my best competitive mons, and ALL of my legacy mons from my original childhood Emerald run. Obliterated.

My current decent Pokemon ownings- Shelgon, Braixen, Mega Venusaur, Emolga, and Jirachi in my recently restarted Pokemon X. (all of my past roster was ported into omegaruby as well)

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
A long legacy ends today... RIP my corrupted Omega Ruby save file

Let's review... Two Rayquazas, Two Dialgas, Two Xerneas, Mew, Jirachi, Deoxys, All Three Genies, Mega Freaking Diancie, ALL of my best competitive mons, and ALL of my legacy mons from my original childhood Emerald run. Obliterated.

My current decent Pokemon ownings- Shelgon, Braixen, Mega Venusaur, Emolga, and Jirachi in my recently restarted Pokemon X. (all of my past roster was ported into omegaruby as well)
RIP man at least mewtwo won a national that's gotta count for something

Last edited:

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
I didn't get to see the match so maybe something happened that is actually broken. If it was just Abadango playing really well then I refuse to believe M2 should be nerfed.

HE JUST STOPPED BEING CALLED TRASH IN THIS GAME! Come on now.
He just played very well. Mewtwo now has the tools to compete with the best. He's certainly no more broken than the likes of Cloud, Ryu, Diddy, Yoshi or Sonic and I don't think any of those characters need nerfs. But this is Sakurai we're talking about and he has given unnecessary nerfs before.

Curse you, Abadango, for revealing Mewtwo's true power level before they've finished patching the game!

Last edited:

godogod

Smash Ace
I saw the only recorded footage of the finals on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIpKMFyP50c

The live reaction didn't help at all, hell it made it worse.. but man that was underwhelming.
Props for Abadango for reaching Nationals. He's talented, but the match was boring. And by that I mean really boring. I had to stop halfway. Both were playing it super safe and it was just the same moves over and over. I understand they had to do what they had to d. Its for $$$ and fame

Mew^2 on the other hand, is my favorite mewtwo player to watch. When he faced Mew2King, that was one of the most entertaining matches I've ever seen. So much style points and mix ups. He keeps it entertaining,he plays more offensively. I can't t watch overly defensive Mewtwo matches anymore. I'd love to see abadango go toe to toe, and see Mew^2 going far to nationals. Hell a rematch with \nairo's ZSS would be epic.

Last edited:

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
So how long until they nerf Mewtwo? tfw Mewtwo's competitive strength is no longer a best-kept secret.
I bet they're going to keep buffing her and grin like circus clowns as the masses cry "enough we learned the error of our ways!"

Last edited:
Top Bottom