• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
Walkin' around have as much of an existential crisis as Mewtwo did in the first movie

Speaking of Mewtwo, gosh this character is taking over my life lmao

I came into Smash wanting to main Lucario, now I main Mewtwo
I go into Pokken wanting to main Gardevoir, and while I still do, Mewtwo manages to swipe down Gardevoir for #1 main.

...Not that I'm complaining, mind you. :p

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
User was warned for this post
Walkin' around have as much of an existential crisis as Mewtwo did in the first movie

Speaking of Mewtwo, gosh this character is taking over my life lmao

I came into Smash wanting to main Lucario, now I main Mewtwo
I go into Pokken wanting to main Gardevoir, and while I still do, Mewtwo manages to swipe down Gardevoir for #1 main.

...Not that I'm complaining, mind you. :p
:)

Smashifier said:
"Walkin' around have as much of an existential crisis as Mewtwo did in the first movie"
Same here... Mewtwo is too fast for me now :( I can't even dash grab or short hop fair with any accuracy. I have to swap again... I was working on relearning the newly buffed Greninja but even he's a bit too fast. I'm not sue what to do... either way I'll be sticking around here as a fan of the rise of Mewtwo

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
Same here... Mewtwo is too fast for me now :( I can't even dash grab or short hop fair with any accuracy. I have to swap again... I was working on relearning the newly buffed Greninja but even he's a bit too fast. I'm not sue what to do... either way I'll be sticking around here as a fan of the rise of Mewtwo
:(

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
I didn't even get pants-less skirt Marth...

Last edited:

C3CC

Smash Lord
D'aw... You guys! Talking well about me when I'm not around! Man, I really fell off SmashBoards, didn't I? Ugh... Other stuff just sorta piled up. I've started writing a lot more, and I've actually got a story overdue to someone that I really need finish. I hope he isn't too upset with me... My life has just kept getting busier and busier, but I really do wanna spend more time on here. You all are fun to chat with!

Anyhow, I don't really have much to say in the way of Mewtwo's recent buffs, since I haven't played Smash in awhile. That's probably another contributing factor to my disappearance, but I digress. They do seem pretty amazing, and it's nice that people are finally starting to give Mewtwo the respect he deserves. Mewtwo's speed, in particular, seems to be crazy-high now, and I'll definitely make sure to check him out some time soon.

On a still-Mewtwo-related-but-not-Smash-4-related note, I got Pokkén Tournament two weeks ago, and I love Mewtwo in it! I think he's supposed to fit into the "lightning bruiser" archetype, as he's very fast and has a both a strong projectile game and a strong up-close game; Mewtwo's primary weakness in Pokkén Tournament is his slowly filling Synergy Gauge, a weakness that is exacerbated by the fact that he uses Synergy when he uses his Special Attacks. I don't generally mind, though, and Jirachi & Whimsicott with the Standard Cheer Skill help alleviate some of my trouble with it. Shadow Mewtwo, on the other hand, doesn't really click with me. His self-damaging Special Attacks and low HP make him less enjoyable to use than Mewtwo, in my opinion, so I definitely prefer Mewtwo to Shadow Mewtwo, personally.

Also, I believe @Spirst and I bumped into each other online in Pokkén Tournament and played two Mewtwo dittos! We each won one round. GGs! Finally, C3CC C3CC :
Best wishes to you on your future endeavors!
Thank you so much! You're so kind :) It's nice to have you back. I hope I can read that story you're writing some day, I'm sure it will be awesome!

I'm currently downloading the Pokkén Tournament demo. Let's see what all of this is about.

P.S: LMAO, the theme for this year's April's Fools :'D

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm stuck with an Awakening confession scene avatar. I was so excited when I saw it was going to be FE today, but I just had to be cursed with an S-Rank avatar.

Why does it have to be blushing Owain? Why can't it be Owain with sunglasses? WHY?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I'm stuck with an Awakening confession scene avatar. I was so excited when I saw it was going to be FE today, but I just had to be cursed with an S-Rank avatar.

Why does it have to be blushing Owain? Why can't it be Owain with sunglasses? WHY?
Can't you just randomly change avatar and hope for a different one? Also I seem to be the only one with this particular avatar which I guess is from Sacred Stones.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I have seen ZERO Felicias. HOW DARE YOU MOCK THE BEST WAIFU OF FATES EMBLEMBOARDS!!!

This profile image isn't a character I know, but he looks like Corrin. Which is ironic, because I just started to pick up Corrin again in the search for a new main.

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
Leonardo, archer of the Dawn Brigade from Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, the best game in existence.

No idea who the heck I am cuz haven't played Fates. She looks cute (assuming it isn't also Leo, as it shows Leo when I go to my profile)
Thanks for that! Your avatar is Camilla, the eldest sister of the Nohrian family and second oldest overall.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
To get this thread somewhat back on-topic, I'm gonna list all references/comparisons to other fighting games Pokken has in it's fighters that I recognize.

• Sceptile's duel grab, Gengar's Hypnosis (success) and Mewtwo's first homing hit: Shoryuken (Ryu, Street Fighter).
  • Aura Sphere: Hadoken (Ryu, Street Fighter)
  • Extremespeed: Dashing Demon Cradle (Demitri Maximoff, Darkstalkers)
  • Basically anything Pikachu does: Mishima Fighting Style (Heihachi/Kazuya Mishima, Tekken)
  • Mewtwo's Fire Punch: Rekka Ken (Fei Long, Street Fighter)
  • Garchomp's Dig (emerging attack): Shadow Blade (Morrigan Aensland, Darkstalkers)
  • Sceptile's forward ranged attack: Flash Kick (Guile, Street Fighter)
  • Leaf Storm: Izuna Drop (Ryu Hayabusa, Dead or Alive)
  • Charizard's Fire Punch: EX Dash Straight (Balrog, Street Fighter)
  • Charizard's duel grab: Inferno (Devil Jin/Kazuya, Tekken)
  • Searing Blaze: Backstabbing Devil Blaster (Kazuya Mishima, Project X Zone 2)
  • Machamp's Submission: Flying Power Bomb (Zangief, Street Fighter)
  • Machamp's air heavy: Body Splash (Zangief, Street Fighter)
  • Machamp's Heavy Slam: Sumo Slam (E. Honda, Street Fighter)
  • Weavile's Taunt: Kasatsushi (Juri, Street Fighter)
  • Blaziken's Blaze Kick: Tatsumaki Senpukyaku (Ken, Street Fighter V)

Lastly, the final scene in the intro also ressembles the final attack in "Fated Combination" by Jin Kazama and Kazuya Mishima in Project X Zone 2.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Leonardo, archer of the Dawn Brigade from Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, the best game in existence.

No idea who the heck I am cuz haven't played Fates. She looks cute (assuming it isn't also Leo, as it shows Leo when I go to my profile)
You're damn right RD is the best game in existence. Fantastic taste, brother.

Igzex

I know from footage that Mewtwo straight up has the Kazuya spinning demon. I gotta unlock her to see more though. I really hope she has that below the belt punch that stuns on counter hit...

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I know from footage that Mewtwo straight up has the Kazuya spinning demon. I gotta unlock her to see more though. I really hope she has that below the belt punch that stuns on counter hit...
Mewtwo's down-x is similar in appearance, but Pikachu's is the more faithful still. And although it's not a punch, Confusion (A after Barrier) does stun on a critical. Can't have groin attacks in Pokemon after all (although Mewtwo does have a backhand in neutral x that can combo into hyper beam).

"There will be over 10 new Pokemon in the upcoming games Pokemon Sun and Moon." -Junichi Masuda, 2016
Well, you heard it here first... Generation Seven is here.

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
Yeah, Go isn't looking too hot from what I've heard. Not exactly sure why though, since I haven't seen anything about it at all.

Also inb4 Sun & Moon only have 10 new Pokemon :troll:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
GO? Trying to piece it together but that o confuses me. Game Freak, nope. Generation 7, nope.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
So...how about M2 and his top 16 winners bracket showing from Aba? And the sexy nair to footstool to disable kill?

Rooting for him. Sucks he is against Dabuz, arguably the best player after Zer0 (imo). We will see what happens

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Mewtwo does well against Rosa matchup wise......but Dabuz seems to know what he's getting himself into though. I doubt MU inexperience isn't going to be too much a factor.

:150:

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
What on earth do you do against a good Bayonetta besides give up? Somebody please tell me ;~:

I was pretty much destroyed tonight by our state's best player going Mewtwo/Bayo. It wasn't even close. I haven't practiced for a little while but still, he was just obliterating everybody tonight, two stocks over and over AND now he's using Mewtwo.

I have no matches recorded but I felt a bit helpless against Mewtwo's nair string. Probably because I've never been caught in it before. Any suggestions/advice?

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
Quick question: Did Abadango make Mewtwo his main and make MK his secondary now?
Cause with M2's buffs and MK's nerfs... that would seem to be correct, I suppose.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So I stopped getting notifs here again. Ugh.

Anyway, I saw that Pokken's demo version is finally out on the US Eshop, so I downloaded it right away. Oh man, I need this game so badly now. I don't even have the proper thing and yet I'm already addicted to it.

Igzex

I have no matches recorded but I felt a bit helpless against Mewtwo's nair string. Probably because I've never been caught in it before. Any suggestions/advice?
When faced with the wrath of our fair lady you either take the punishment for your sins or rejoice that with all the horrid things she can do to you you can at least KO her easily.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Abadango repping hard
He basically trashed Voids Sheik and Fox, losing only one stock I think as M2.

Highlight was Fox using illusion on a platform, only for M2 to use disable on it.

Someone prepare a fence for bandwagoners in the horizon after this.

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
He basically trashed Voids Sheik and Fox, losing only one stock I think as M2.

Highlight was Fox using illusion on a platform, only for M2 to use disable on it.

Someone prepare a fence for bandwagoners in the horizon after this.
Looks like we're going to be the next MK

FlameEmperor

Smash Cadet
NNID
FlameEmperor
Ladies and Gentlemen :150: has placed higher than Rosalina at Pound 6. Bless it be Abadango.. Be sure you pre-order your body pillows asap.

EDIT

Our Lord is in GFs now. Not a big deal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom