• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
The age of dark, devoid of our fair lady's luminous presence, is far behind us.

Yet our new world has much to do before it can be a truly beautiful paradise...

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
You know something that is bothering me about our community?? The complaining about certain characters being "OP" or "too strong" is just getting ridiculously out of hand.
With the advent of balance patches, everyone is always wishing for who might get nerfed or buffed and that's alright, but then we have those who complain to loud about X character being to overpowered and should get a nerf ASAP like Mario. Freaking MARIO!! Don't get me wrong, he is a good character but in the grand scheme of things I wouldn't call him OP nor near as problematic as Brawl MK or Vanilla Diddy, but for some people he is just too much to handle and unreasonably demand him to be nerfed to the ground.

What happened to those days when people would focus on getting better at the game instead? Patches have done and can still do good for Smash 4 as it is, but it has also created the side effect on making a lot of people too complacent and thus give up any opportunity to learn their respective matchups, opting for waiting for that magic update to finally "fix" the characters they are having problems against. I hate to sound like one of those "git gud" guys but... getting good is the most effective way at the end of the day. Seeing the community now in places like GameFaqs, or I should say ScrubFaqs, makes me wonder how we even managed to get through three games in a row without any balance patches.

Like some user around here used to say:
"OMG Link is OP"
"OMG Ganon is OP"
"OMG Falcon is OP"

For crying out loud.
Relevant

8th out of an 81 people in a regional purely using Doc. Could've gotten 2nd or even 1st, but I didn't have the best luck.
Took a game off Mr. Downer (One of Oklahoma's best players, and could've potentionally won the set, but I got footstooled...
Also the other guy that beat me I took one game off of.

I will have to bring up a point here though: Yoshi is freaking broken as heck. Pretty much everyone in AR agrees with me and the Yoshi's here aren't even the best. Its really stupid fighting against Yoshi when you find out not only can he do everything good, but he can do it AMAZINGLY well. Lots of people here consider Yoshi to be the best character in the game, and they are definitely not wrong. At least I can combo Sheik, kill her early, and make it hard to kill me. Rosalina I can edge guard and kill early. Yoshi on the other hand only has the weakness of being footstooled, which nobody goes for.

Sorry to john but really nerf this bullcrap character.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Been waiting for the Mewtwo amiibo I ordered from Amazon.jp to ship. Kind of bummed since they're normally faster than this and that this is the one amiibo I'd be willing to pay extra to get sooner.

Looking at the leaked Target numbers, I think there's going to be a shortage of them initially.

Browny

Smash Hater
I never even noticed that Amiibos, with no equipment, do insane damage, knockback and live longer.

tfw you uthrow a level 50 mewtwo amiibo at 126% and it lives, it comes back down and uthrows your mewtwo at 85% and kills.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Amiibos had a fair amount of potential, all ruined because Sakurai felt Smarter CPUs weren't good enough. theyatleastlookcoolonashelf

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Amiibos had a fair amount of potential, all ruined because Sakurai felt Smarter CPUs weren't good enough. theyatleastlookcoolonashelf
I may be training them wrong, but my Amiibos are just dumb as a lvl 9. I try to get them to use various combos, and they just use the most basic aspects. I try to teach Mega Man to Dthrow to Air Shooter, and all he does is grab and throw them wherever he wants. He's also developed the half a frame shield/dodge reaction time that the CPUs have.

Speaking of Amiibos, I find it pretty pathetic that they've sold almost double what the Wii U has.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I may be training them wrong, but my Amiibos are just dumb as a lvl 9. I try to get them to use various combos, and they just use the most basic aspects. I try to teach Mega Man to Dthrow to Air Shooter, and all he does is grab and throw them wherever he wants. He's also developed the half a frame shield/dodge reaction time that the CPUs have.

Speaking of Amiibos, I find it pretty pathetic that they've sold almost double what the Wii U has.
So it's apparently normal to want to collect 15 different Wii Us? Even if Wii U was crazy successful amiibos would still sell far more by virtue of it being worthwhile to buy multiple.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Hi, I came back to spread some news but I got too late to it, so here is a video that was not spread yet at least :p
Should I be happy or sad about that? I mean, that doesn't mean normal Mewtwo won't be there as a playable, right....?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH

I can't hold back my excitement.
Somehow Dark Mewtwo X looks a million times less derpy then the regular Mega Mewtwo X. I can stand Mewtwo's mega evolutions normally, but this I'm eating this right up. Maybe it's the color scheme, maybe it's the art style, maybe it's both. Probably both. Anyway, I'm going crazy here.
Should I be happy or sad about that? I mean, that doesn't mean normal Mewtwo won't be there as a playable, right....?
Well, he's got a functioning moveset, so I don't see why they wouldn't make him playable. He might just be the final post-game unlock or something.

SOMEONE HELP ME
I JUST HAD AN OVERDOSAGE OF FANBOY HYPE AND I THINK ITS FATAL

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So I just heard about this "Dark Mega Mewtwo X" in Pokkén Tournament - I really haven't been that up to date with Pokémon...
When was Mewtwo initially announced, or was it just now that we learned of this new forme of Mewtwo!? Looks pretty awesome so far!! 0o0

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So I just heard about this "Dark Mega Mewtwo X" in Pokkén Tournament - I really haven't been that up to date with Pokémon...
When was Mewtwo initially announced, or was it just now that we learned of this new forme of Mewtwo!? Looks pretty awesome so far!! 0o0
It was just today that we found out about this.

It looks like it's going to be a Pokken Tournament only thing, kind of like Primal Dialga and Shadow Lugia, but it's still pretty cool.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
It was just today that we found out about this.

It looks like it's going to be a Pokken Tournament only thing, kind of like Primal Dialga and Shadow Lugia, but it's still pretty cool.
Hopefully we get a full confirmation of Mewtwo at a later date. A Playable Mewtwo is a bit of a strange omission from a game like Pokkén, and there'd be nothing wrong about Mewtwo's inclusion anyway.

Igzex

Mewtwo X with flavor crystals...Even with flavor crystals tacked on, Mewtwo X will never be the true perfection that is Mewtwo Y.

However I am still excited to see our Fair Lady enter the fray.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
The appeal of the amiibos is to have memorabilia of your favorite characters which also happen to be able to unlock stuff which is mostly negligible like Smash 4's one which is more like a throw-away feature so I see no problem with that.

How is that pathetic? We are talking about apples and oranges here; plastic figures vs. a game console. Of course the cheaper, smaller figurines are going to sell more than the less affordable, bigger console even if it was one of the best selling ones in the market, specially because chances are you'll only find one Wii U system per household while one person may collect several Amiibo. Don't know the point you were going for there but making that comparison is a bit of a stretch.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Hi, I came back to spread some news but I got too late to it, so here is a video that was not spread yet at least :p
I like watching these Pokken videos, there's a lot of little details to find.

First of all, Mewtwo already looks different in his base form before transforming (where you can see the Mega Evolution symbol). So, he's Dark Mewtwo before transforming and then Mega Dark Mewtwo X after. Who knows, maybe there's a Mega Dark Mewtwo Y?

He also seems to have a trainer called No Name, which is weird since Mewtwo has never really been owned by anyone in any of his game appearances. Or maybe it's a different story entirely.

Finally, Gengar's Shadow Punch (that's what it looks like anyway) seems to be an AI breaker.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Does this mean Mewtwo is confirmed for Pokken? Or he just as enemy? o-o
I think that, for now, Mewtwo is just a secret boss in Pokkén Tournament. He'll probably be added as a playable character in the Wii U release, though. Mewtwo will probably take on his standard look for his playable appearance, but I wonder if he'll become Mega Mewtwo X or this "Dark Mewtwo" for his...Super Attack? I haven't really been following Pokkén, so I apologize if I used incorrect terminology.

Anywho, this Dark Mewtwo looks pretty awesome! I love the burning effects, and his black body really makes the glowing parts pop! I'd be ecstatic if Mewtwo's Super Attack involved him transforming into this new form!

Also, yes, I'm back! We'll see for how long... I really need to update some things. I'll keep the avatar, though. It still manages to put a smile on my face. :)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I think that, for now, Mewtwo is just a secret boss in Pokkén Tournament. He'll probably be added as a playable character in the Wii U release, though. Mewtwo will probably take on his standard look for his playable appearance, but I wonder if he'll become Mega Mewtwo X or this "Dark Mewtwo" for his...Super Attack? I haven't really been following Pokkén, so I apologize if I used incorrect terminology.
If they're using normal Mewtwo, he'll probably just turn into normal Mega Mewtwo X for his special attack. That'd make the most sense.

I kind of hope that Dark Mewtwo becomes playable in some fashion, however. I prefer Mewtwo's normal appearance to Dark Mewtwo, but I prefer Dark Mewtwo X to Mega Mewtwo X by a long shot.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
He also seems to have a trainer called No Name, which is weird since Mewtwo has never really been owned by anyone in any of his game appearances. Or maybe it's a different story entirely.
Master Xehanort confirmed for Smash-er, I mean Pokken!

Edit: Crap, that is actually No Heart.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
If they're using normal Mewtwo, he'll probably just turn into normal Mega Mewtwo X for his special attack. That'd make the most sense.

I kind of hope that Dark Mewtwo becomes playable in some fashion, however. I prefer Mewtwo's normal appearance to Dark Mewtwo, but I prefer Dark Mewtwo X to Mega Mewtwo X by a long shot.
Yeah, that does seem to be the most likely outcome, especially since Dark Mewtwo and Mega Mewtwo X look like they could be rigged to the same skeleton. If that's the case, Mewtwo will probably just Mega Evolve into Mega Mewtwo X and use Dark Mewtwo's attacks.

However, that said, I, too, think it would be cool to see Dark Mewtwo playable in some capacity. Personally, I like both Mega Mewtwo X and Dark Mewtwo, so I don't really mind which one is part of Mewtwo's Burst Attack, but I do think that Dark Mewtwo is cooler. We'll see. Perhaps Dark Mewtwo could get his own slot and play as a toned-down clone of Mega Mewtwo X?

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Maybe, and I hope so, Mewtwo will be there as a normal character with a Mega Mewtwo X burst mode, and Dark Mewtwo X will be there as an unlockable boss with the OPness of a boss.... like Melee's Giga Bowser or, you know, bosses in any fighting game....
Wait, was Giga Bowser even op? I don't really remember.

Igzex

Dark Mewtwo will be in smash and it will play almost identically to regular Mewtwo.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Maybe, and I hope so, Mewtwo will be there as a normal character with a Mega Mewtwo X burst mode, and Dark Mewtwo X will be there as an unlockable boss with the OPness of a boss.... like Melee's Giga Bowser or, you know, bosses in any fighting game....
Wait, was Giga Bowser even op? I don't really remember.
Yeah, Giga Bowser was pretty OP in Melee. In the hands of a human player, he would probably cause some serious carnage, provided he didn't have to transform back into regular Bowser. Sure, Giga Bowser took knockback like a normal character, but his range and power was ridiculous. I don't think anyone would stand a chance.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Yeah, Giga Bowser was pretty OP in Melee. In the hands of a human player, he would probably cause some serious carnage, provided he didn't have to transform back into regular Bowser. Sure, Giga Bowser took knockback like a normal character, but his range and power was ridiculous. I don't think anyone would stand a chance.
Well, on one hand he can't be grabbed, which WAS his achilles heel via chaingrabs... but on the other hand, it's still Melee Bowser's moveset with an absolutely gigantic hurtbox so the top tiers can still smack him around pretty easily. Unless we're talking outside the context of Melee.

It's telling when Giga Bowser as a Final Smash needs infinite super armour to even be usable.

Last edited:

MagiMagi

Smash Cadet
NNID
SolidSnake01
I'm kind of having trouble with my mindset right now. I love playing Mewtwo but I can do better with characters I only play for a week. I feel like I've ran into a wall with him and I can't improve if I use him. Do any of you experience this?

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I'm kind of having trouble with my mindset right now. I love playing Mewtwo but I can do better with characters I only play for a week. I feel like I've ran into a wall with him and I can't improve if I use him. Do any of you experience this?
Yes, I have experienced this before. It's a strange feeling, as I'm sure you know. I mean, I know I can get better, and I know how to, but I just...can't. At least, not at the moment. It usually takes a little while before I finally get through my "player's block" and start to improve a little bit more, but it always happens. I think part of the problem is Mewtwo's high learning curve. His low weight and large frame make him a wonky character, and his inaccurate hitboxes only exacerbate the situation further. The good news is that Mewtwo's hitboxes can be learned, albeit not easily, and his atypical frame-weight ratio just takes a bit of adapting in order for you to effectively work with it. Honestly, all I can say is to keep practicing. Mewtwo is harder to get results out of compared to most of the other characters in Smash 4, though he's not necessarily dramatically inferior, but, if you're as dedicated to Mewtwo as you seem to be, I'm sure you'll get through this "player's block". "Where there's a will, there's a way," you know? Have you checked out some of Sonicninja115 Sonicninja115 's threads? I found, and still find, them to be quite useful. If you haven't given them a look, I would highly recommend it. Happy Smashing! :)

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Dark Mewtwo is one weird looking mother ******...

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
It might take you a day or two to read them, and I am still trying to implement everything I have written into my playstyle. Slowly, I am getting better.

Things to note. Phasing(SHAD) is awesome, LC has it's uses, use Jab to confirm combos and Jab-Dtilt-Nair-Bair/Fair is easy after practice.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Not nearly as weird as either of his regular Mega Forms.
Eee'n... I dunno. In my opinion, it's a bit of a stretch to say that Dark Mewtwo is weirder-looking than Mega Mewtwo X, given that Dark Mewtwo is essentially Mega Mewtwo X with a radically different color scheme and searing crystals lodged in various parts of his body. I can agree that Dark Mewtwo is less bizarre than Mega Mewtwo Y, though. X seems like a natural step towards a more close combat-oriented Mewtwo, whereas Y is a bit of a Starfish Alien. In my opinion, however, after you get used to the weird physiology, Y, what with its smaller body and larger head, does make some sense as a form of Mewtwo with even stronger psychic powers than normal. You just don't realize it immediately.

All that said, I think an important point for me to make is that, in my opinion, "weird" doesn't necessarily equal "bad". As I've said before, I think both Mega Mewtwo X and Y are cool, even though I also think Mega Mewtwo Y is an outlandish-looking creature. Anyways, I guess this is all just to say: is Dark Mewtwo weirder than Mega Mewtwo X? In my opinion, yes, he is. But is he worse? Not by any stretch of my imagination.

Sonicninja115

I might get the game, it was looking really good, but dark Mewtwo is the tipping point.

Igzex

While it's looking less like a proof of concept now I still can't say I'm a huge fan of the system yet.

Sonicninja115

Is there a release date for pokemn tournament yet?

And how rare are the Mewtwo ammibos? Common or semi-rare?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Is there a release date for pokemn tournament yet?

And how rare are the Mewtwo ammibos? Common or semi-rare?
Based on the Target leaks, between 12-28 at each store. I'd put it in the uncommon range or will last a day before not being able to find them for a few weeks.

Given it's Mewtwo though, I don't know what to expect beyond Charizard being semi-rare now. Mewtwo's one of those characters you see a lot of people have in their postbits and say is fun to play, but never post in this board. lol

Top Bottom