• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
Hey, maybe next patch Sack of Fries will buff more chars. Like Mootoo!

I think he didnt get enough time to touch everyone.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
To be honest, I feel like Zard needed a buff more.
Mewtwo will get a buff eventually. After all, it took Charizard this long. In the last patch, Zard got nothing but a 2-frame D-tilt buff, a more powerful but still useless U-throw, and a 1% extra recoil added to Flare Blitz.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Mewtwo will get a buff eventually. After all, it took Charizard this long. In the last patch, Zard got nothing but a 2-frame D-tilt buff, a more powerful but still useless U-throw, and a 1% extra recoil added to Flare Blitz.
Yeah, 'zard did need this.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It kinda annoys sometimes in FG when I play Megaman and attach a Crash Bomber to my enemy and what is their respose? "I'm going to roll ALL the way back to your position, stick back your own bomb while expecting you to do nothing about it", then they eat a Charged Shot or a Metal Blade or I simply use Rush Coil to avoid them. They never learn. I've gotten several free buster shots thanks to that.
Attaching it and then comboing a Top Spin into Metal Blade is simply the best. Though I do love it when they shield, can get off a Metal Blade or Charge Shot to easily break it, CB does stupid shield damage.

Though personally I like having access to Danger Wrap more.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I think that maybe is because Mewtwo's been out for only two months. Perhaps they want to wait a little more and collect more data.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Mewtwo has more than enough love to share with all these inferior beings

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Mewtwo has more than enough love to share with all these inferior beings
Like hell we're sharing our spoon swords.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
https://game8.jp/items/442138

New Japanese tier list! I agree with Mewtwo's placement. I think he's fine where's he at. C- is pretty legit.

Edit: Btw, this is not for the latest patch. It's for patch 1.0.7.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Ah, always knew that Fox, Megaman and Meta Knight had it in them. This goes to all the haters that said that Meta Knight sucked now for not being god tier anymore.
I can't agree with Link's placement though, that guy is a monster at zoning and racking up damage with his awesome projectile game.

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Lucina is bottom tier? What the actual ****...?!
Unfortunately, it is universally accepted that Lucina is one of the worst characters in the game. Almost all tier lists put her bottom 5. As someone who plays Lucina a lot, I can't say I don't disagree either... :(
Ah, always knew that Fox, Megaman and Meta Knight had it in them. This goes to all the haters that said that Meta Knight sucked now for not being god tier anymore.
I can't agree with Link's placement though, that guy is a monster at zoning and racking up damage with his awesome projectile game.
I agree! Meta Knight is extremely underrated. He may not be Brawl MK, but honestly he is still very good. He has one of the best recoveries in the entire game, great air game, and lots of combos. We Westerners need to learn from the Japaneses' example... MK is great and should be known!

I agree with all your points about Link. Unfortunately, most tier lists puts him low. I don't really understand why he isn't good either. Maybe it's because he doesn't have much representatives? In the West there aren't many good Link tournament results, so I guess it's the same over in Japan. It's kinda weird considering he sounds great on paper. In my personal opinion, I'd say Link deserves at the very least mid tier.
This is my ideal tier list pretty much. Sonic top 2 Kreygasm
Sonic must die. >:|

just kidding :3

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Unfortunately, it is universally accepted that Lucina is one of the worst characters in the game. Almost all tier lists put her bottom 5. As someone who plays Lucina a lot, I can't say I don't disagree either... :(
[/quote
]

Lucina is my second best character, I've never had trouble pulling her off well against higher tier characters...

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Lucina isn't great by any means, putting her bottom tier, however, is pushing it. High-Low tier or Low-Mid tier would be my placement of her. She is, quite literally, to Marth what Roy was to Marth in Melee. However, this game is uber well-balanced, so, putting her bottom tier doesn't mean she can't stand up to top tier. It just means that her MU's are usually in the other characters favor. Can a good player use her to take out a higher-tier character? Yes, totally, Smash 4 is just that well balanced.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
If Lucina is what accounts as bottom tier material this days, them I'm not that worried. Being at the bottom in Smash 4 doesn't mean being hopeless outclassed against the top threats, at least the way it was in Brawl and Melee (poor Ganon). I've seen my fair share of Lucinas take matches against high level players using high tier characters.
Let's just hope that more patches in the future help accomplish the vision of a balanced game even better.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
If Lucina is what accounts as bottom tier material this days, them I'm not that worried. Being at the bottom in Smash 4 doesn't mean being hopeless outclassed against the top threats, at least the way it was in Brawl and Melee (poor Ganon). I've seen my fair share of Lucinas take matches against high level players using high tier characters.
Let's just hope that more patches in the future help accomplish the vision of a balanced game even better.
Yeah, I mean, it's insane how balanced the game is as of now. I hope it's completely balanced by the time the game is finished being patched.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
I'm baaaaack! :3
I've also lowered my main count to just 3 characters: Lucina, Mewtwo, and Meta Knight now. (Although a small portion of me is wondering about removing MK and sticking with just Lucina and Mewtwo).
How's the thread been since my absence? I've been absent from these boards since around Mewtwo's launch, and after a few weeks I was unable to play for over a month.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I'm baaaaack! :3
I've also lowered my main count to just 3 characters: Lucina, Mewtwo, and Meta Knight now. (Although a small portion of me is wondering about removing MK and sticking with just Lucina and Mewtwo).
How's the thread been since my absence? I've been absent from these boards since around Mewtwo's launch, and after a few weeks I was unable to play for over a month.
Welcome back! I was wondering where you went, haha. Ever since Mewtwo's launch the thread hasn't been as active. It's actually still rather active compared to other social threads, but compared to the old days it's pretty empty. Before launch we would have around 10 pages every day, but now it's less than a page a day.

The new DLC characters are pretty sweet btw. Roy is my favorite out of the 3.

Last edited:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Welcome back! I was wondering where you went, haha. Ever since Mewtwo's launch the thread hasn't been as active. It's actually still rather active compared to other social threads, but compared to the old days it's pretty empty. Before launch we would have around 10 pages every day, but now it's less than a page a day.

The new DLC characters are pretty sweet btw. Roy is my favorite out of the 3.
Why thank you!
The fact the thread has been less active is understandable, yet at the same time, rather sad to hear.
Out of the DLC, I think that they can be considered OP at times. Nonetheless, Roy and Lucas are pretty cool, not really a Ryu player, but he's a nice addition nonetheless.
EDIT: Glad my Dreamland is back. :p

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
https://game8.jp/items/442138

New Japanese tier list! I agree with Mewtwo's placement. I think he's fine where's he at. C- is pretty legit.

Edit: Btw, this is not for the latest patch. It's for patch 1.0.7.
It's pretty nice. I think Dr. Mario and Mewtwo should be just a little bit higher, but I can settle for their current placements. Of course, considering I main both of those characters, it might just be my bias talking:p.

Seriously, though, I think it's nigh-perfect. There are a few placements that I disagree with, but, all in all, I think it's very accurate.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I'm warming up for the FF7 remake by playing the original game, I've actually never finished it before. After I'm done with it, I'll replay Crisis Core (the only really good game of the compilation). No hurry though, with Squeenix taking a while releasing FFXV and KHIII, I think is going to be the same with that game.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
What's this? What's this?

There's something very wrong.

What's this?

There's loving Pokemon.

What's this?

The art is lined with
Little creatures blushing
Everybody seems so loving
Why is this so very stunning?
What is this?
What's this?

Anyone up for a couple of matches?

As of now, I only have the 3DS version. Custom moves allowed.
I'm game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom