• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Here's the thing about MPFF: It's got none of the themes, it's interviews did confirm it's not having exploration either. However, these very interviews confirmed Samus is appearing, hinted at Sylux again, sneakily mentioned a 2D game being in the works and how it's going to kickstart MP4. I agree that the petition of cancellation is ****ing dumb, as that's not even the best way to say no, that being boycotts. Nintendo should have mentioned that there was a main series Metroid game in the works, and people who say fans are overreacting and Metroid fans should deal with, this is just like Nuts and Bolts. Had Nintendo spent not even an extra minute confirming that a true Metroid is in the works, most or outright none of this controversy would have happened

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
People are really overreacting about this whole Metroid Prime: Federation Force and all, but...it is a good thing, in its own way.
Nintendo needs to know what their fans want, and with so many people complaining, it's very clear to Nintendo that fans want a Metroid Prime game that's loyal to the Trilogy. If Retro isn't already working on one, this might be the push they need.
Half the team that made the Metroid Prime series diverged and formed Armature and Retro Studios. Honestly while MP FF is ugly looking it does expand on what the Federation does.

And might just be a warm up to a bigger entry.

Idiots have a lot of kneejerk reactions everytime whether it's Bayo 2, Splatoon, Zelda series, Super Mario 3D world, every Metroid game after Super Metroid, etc.

People are just ******** just to ***** because Nintendo didn't have as great as an E3 as last year. People overhyped themselves to the point no amount of content would have pleased them.

All the conferences IMO were garbage since a lot of other games could have been showcased like Fatal Frame 5 and Fast Racing Neo. Which look great.

And **** all those people who want to rag on about the graphics on Star Fox. It looks great and it like a lot of other games will only look better closer to release.

TLDR the manchildren need to take a chill pill and grow the **** up.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Half the team that made the Metroid Prime series diverged and formed Armature and Retro Studios. Honestly while MP FF is ugly looking it does expand on what the Federation does.

And might just be a warm up to a bigger entry.

Idiots have a lot of kneejerk reactions everytime whether it's Bayo 2, Splatoon, Zelda series, Super Mario 3D world, every Metroid game after Super Metroid, etc.

People are just ******** just to ***** because Nintendo didn't have as great as an E3 as last year. People overhyped themselves to the point no amount of content would have pleased them.

All the conferences IMO were garbage since a lot of other games could have been showcased like Fatal Frame 5 and Fast Racing Neo. Which look great.

And **** all those people who want to rag on about the graphics on Star Fox. It looks great and it like a lot of other games will only look better closer to release.

TLDR the manchildren need to take a chill pill and grow the **** up.
While I wouldn't put it quite this bluntly, I pretty much agree with all of this. Star Fox Zero's graphics are fine, and, what with all of the complaining and backlash, Federation Force is on track to bomb. The petition to cancel it reached 7,500 signatures in under 24 hours. Right now, I believe the petition has around 12,000 signatures. And, if Federation Force bombs, then Retro Studios probably won't have much motivation to make a Prime 4. I'm not saying you have to love Federation Force to death or anything, but give it a chance. If it truly turns out to be a bad game, then, by all means, don't buy it. But, for now, I would just recommend keeping an open mind toward Federation Force. It looks like it could be a pretty fun game in its own right, so you might be pleasantly surprised.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
While I'm still ubersalty about MPFF. I will at least give it a shot. I hope Nintendo just at least announces new main series games as in actual MetroidVania games before MPFF's release. Again, main problem was how people thought this was what Miyamoto meant with '2 Metroid games in the works' last year, meaning if they show a real Metroid, they'd forgive it. Besides, loads of salt is gone with the confirmation of it basically boosting the potential MP4 and the interview confirming another game.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
And personally if you want a Metroid game I insist you guys look into that Metroid 2 Remake and also that Kickstarter game Ghost Song.

Also I could of added in my blunt commentary about everyone one's hate for Donkey Kong. With crap like "****ing Donkey Kong" and "Cranky Kong". That kind of crap makes me care little about the audience of the gaming industry.

It can be quite telling when you seem surrounded by a bunch of morons. And the sad thing is that these are grown men and women. Who won't ever learn. Children masquerading as adults. And that is pretty sad and amusing in it's own way.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I want to play as my favourite woman in gaming in a brand new place, so by saying 'try this instead' is kinda disrespectful. We know a 2D game is currently in the works though
I've been wanting a game that took place after Fusion for years.

I really want that Sylux game. Taking place on Cylosis would be great as well.

Gui JP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Twishine
3DS FC
0791-1410-6660
And personally if you want a Metroid game I insist you guys look into that Metroid 2 Remake and also that Kickstarter game Ghost Song.

Also I could of added in my blunt commentary about everyone one's hate for Donkey Kong. With crap like "****ing Donkey Kong" and "Cranky Kong". That kind of crap makes me care little about the audience of the gaming industry.

It can be quite telling when you seem surrounded by a bunch of morons. And the sad thing is that these are grown men and women. Who won't ever learn. Children masquerading as adults. And that is pretty sad and amusing in it's own way.
Axiom Verge has also been compared to Metroid as well.
It's already out btw.

And people can be immature because not everyone is decent (sadly).
But then, friends make life better, without so much concern about that one random person's interests.

Spiking things into oblivion also has this effect at times, depending on levels of hype.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
The reason people reacted the way they did was because it was the first game in 5 years and fans were pretty much begging for a new Metroid. Samus was confirmed a few hours ago instead of the trailer. Salt died out a bit with the fact that it's to help an eventual Prime game's story, but if a friend of mine who isn't that much of a Metroid fan would be angry enough to eat chips despite his strict diet, that's saying something. Would you like it if your favourite franchise didn't have a new game in 5 years and they hyped up a spinoff? The way they should have handled this is by showing a real Metroid game or saying "We're still working on main series Metroid games" at the presentation
You fit throwing kids will never realize true suffering like being a Legacy of Kain fan.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
I'd love a remake of Blood Omen instead of...that thing we're getting.

Last edited:

RayNoire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RayNoire
Eh. I've kind of stopped playing WiFi. The input lag makes it a different game. Every time I transition my offline game suffers for it.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Just went on a 15 man streak on For Glory...
People need to "get good"
Well, I don't see how buffs could possibly be a bad thing. If anything, it would just increase your performance. Besides, For Glory is full of people who don't know how to play the game. I've two-stocked Pikachu players as Mewtwo on For Glory. It's not an accurate representation of how good you or your main is.

Also, no need to get arrogant. A simple, "I don't think Mewtwo needs buffs because ___" would suffice.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Well, I don't see how buffs could possibly be a bad thing. If anything, it would just increase your performance. Besides, For Glory is full of people who don't know how to play the game. I've two-stocked Pikachu players as Mewtwo on For Glory. It's not an accurate representation of how good you or your main is.

Also, no need to get arrogant. A simple, "I don't think Mewtwo needs buffs because ___" would suffice.
Huh? I said nothing about buffs or Mewtwo...
In fact, I was using Dark Pit. :3

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Huh? I said nothing about buffs or Mewtwo...
In fact, I was using Dark Pit. :3
Oh... Wow, I feel like a massive idiot. I thought you were referring to discussion we had about potential buffs for Mewtwo a while back, so I assumed the "get good" was directed at those who supported such chanes to Mewtwo. I'm really sorry! My apologies for jumping to conclusions.

Also, in that case, I agree with you. It would be nice if people on For Glory stepped up their game. It's so hard to find a suitable opponent sometimes.

Spirst

Speaking of buffs, I addressed this in the our 1.08 thread but it seems like Mewtwo's nair has 3 frames less landing lag? Cool, I guess. I don't remember what the frame advantage/disadvantage on landing with Nair was in the first place though.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Speaking of buffs, I addressed this in the our 1.08 thread but it seems like Mewtwo's nair has 3 frames less landing lag? Cool, I guess. I don't remember what the frame advantage/disadvantage on landing with Nair was in the first place though.
A buff is still a buff. Hopefully there will be more changes come the next update (August?).

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
If FG had a ranking system...
Sakurai confirmed in the Smash Direct way back when that there is a ranking system of some sort in play, it's just hidden.

I know the guys I fight on FG now are a lot tougher then the ones I fought way back when I was still new, at least.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just now noticed, but unlike BF, Mewtwo can travel underneath DL64 and Miiverse. Not much of a difference, but they might be slightly better than the former for matches IDK

Spirst

Mewtwo could already travel under BF though even without Shadow Ball recoil. Drop down, head to the other side, Confusion when you approach the middle part, DJ, then Teleport.

EDIT: Not sure how many others of you make use of Teleport ledge canceling but the teleport cancel from the secondary platforms to the edge on DL64 seems tighter than on BF. There's a higher chance of screwing it up and flying off it looks like.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
A couple days ago I was playing All-Star mode on the 3DS with Mewtwo. Was on Magicant when Ness charged PK Flash. I used confusion on it on the right moment, and it reflected on CPU Mewtwo. Best smash moment of the week! Confusion on Zelda's fully charged down B was pretty fun as well.

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
Mewtwo could already travel under BF though even without Shadow Ball recoil. Drop down, head to the other side, Confusion when you approach the middle part, DJ, then Teleport.

EDIT: Not sure how many others of you make use of Teleport ledge canceling but the teleport cancel from the secondary platforms to the edge on DL64 seems tighter than on BF. There's a higher chance of screwing it up and flying off it looks like.
DL is janky af for Mewtwo. I realized that if you teleport horizontally from the ground he does a weird air glide (As if he's landing from an aerial teleport). Really weird..

Spirst

Pikachu can QAC on the floor without even needing a ledge on that stage. ESAM spoke about it in one of his videos.

Stage just seems janky overall.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
It kinda annoys sometimes in FG when I play Megaman and attach a Crash Bomber to my enemy and what is their respose? "I'm going to roll ALL the way back to your position, stick back your own bomb while expecting you to do nothing about it", then they eat a Charged Shot or a Metal Blade or I simply use Rush Coil to avoid them. They never learn. I've gotten several free buster shots thanks to that.

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
It kinda annoys sometimes in FG when I play Megaman and attach a Crash Bomber to my enemy and what is their respose? "I'm going to roll ALL the way back to your position, stick back your own bomb while expecting you to do nothing about it", then they eat a Charged Shot or a Metal Blade or I simply use Rush Coil to avoid them. They never learn. I've gotten several free buster shots thanks to that.
I am not afraid to admit that I am one of those guys.

*sobs*

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Ah, I forgot to mention. I should open a bottle of whine to celebrate that one of my mains, :4myfriends:, got heavily buffed. Hooray!

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
You know, whenever I get a Crash Bomb attached to me, usually I'll just run past the MegaMan and use a reverse strong attack to knock him back and take the bomb damage as well.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
So Mewtwo won the conquest... by such a small amount the world count lists it as even.
He's 1% ahead in the americas and europe while being 1% behind in Japan.

Top Bottom