• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Forgot to mention that the muppet animations were sick. They were funny and entertaining. Loved them just like last year's.
Them transforming into Star Fox characters was utterly terrifying, though.

At least their dance scenes were good.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
So...
Ninten 4 Smash, anyone?
Sure. I wouldn't mind. Preferably, Ninten would have an original moveset, but, if nothing else, they could just give him Ness's tertiary Custom Moves and call it a day. Of course, that's not the optimal situation, but it's better than nothing. At the very least, it'd be interesting to have a trio of characters where the original has the clones' Special Moves as Customs.

Also, while we're on this topic, this is a perfect example of why clones can be a good thing. They allow developers to easily add last-minute characters, thus increasing the roster's size and appealing to a wider demographic. What's more, they can do so without worrying about choosing the wrong character and alienating a particular fanbase, since clones take up very little development time and don't impact another character's chances of making it into Smash. Clones should appreciated for what they are, for what they do for Smash, and, perhaps most importantly, for what they don't do to Smash. I mean, what's the harm in a few extra characters? They're there purely for their fans, and they don't impact another character's chances. There's no reason to get upset, and there shouldn't be any backlash against clones' inclusion Smash Bros.

Anyway, rant aside, I wouldn't mind seeing Ninten in Smash 4 at all, even if he were a clone. Besides, now that we've got Custom Moves, I wouldn't mind seeing some DLC clones that have their respective original's Customs as Special Moves, provided the devs have time for something like that. Alph being promoted from an Alt. to a clone with Olimar's Custom Moves as Specials comes to mind as something I could totally get behind.

EDIT: Maybe, if the devs were really feeling generous, Alph could use the S.S. Drake instead of the S.S. Dolphin in his Final Smash, and maybe he could have Rock Pikmin instead of Purple Pikmin. How cool would that be?

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I just wanted to point out that this isn't entirely true. According to this article, online multiplayer for Star Fox Zero hasn't been completely disconfirmed. The developers are simply focusing on making a more enjoyable single-player experience at this point. Apparently, as the game's development progresses, they might add online multiplayer if they feel like it'll be good enough, but, for now, they're not entertaining the idea. Here's what Shigeru Miyamoto said word-for-word, in case anybody doesn't want to read the whole article.
That was meant to say "No Online" as in Nintendo ****ed up.
AGAIN.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
That was meant to say "No Online" as in Nintendo ****ed up.
AGAIN.
I don't see what the big deal is. The game's focus is going to be on an expansive single-player campaign, not multiplayer. Plus, the only confirmed multiplayer mode is a co-op effort where one player controls the Arwing and the other player controls the laser blasters. I don't think that'll translate into online very well, since there's no reliable way to quickly and easily communicate. When two people are controlling the same ship, that's pretty important.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I feel a lot of people are being childish about Federation Force. Yes, it is not the Metroid game we all wanted but it seems that it may expand upon the multiplayer concept introduced in Hunters, another Metroid game I didn't consider to be a "true" entry but fun regardless. To early to say that the franchise is dead also; for some series there is always going to be a drought at a given time.

Admittedly, the presentation became weak after Star Fox Zero, but to me the highlights of the events this year were the Smash DLC characters announcements and the FFVII remake, so I fall back on those. Nintendo has had better years but I've taught myself that I can't expect them to rock our socks every single year. There is always ups and downs.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Here's how I'd have been completely okay with Federation **** up: Either it didn't exist or was announced AFTER a mainseries The main problem here is the fact that we haven't had a game in 5 if you count the fanfiction, or 8 years as Prime 3 exists. A spinoff is to keep things fresh, this is the 12th Metroid game, it's hardly staled at all, especially with the lack of games in 5 ****ing years

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So, is Mewtwo being discussed in this thread still or not? :4mewtwo:

How do you think Mewtwo fares against the new DLC characters? :4feroy::4ryu::4lucas:

Personally, I think he has a disadvantage against :4feroy: because of the pressure Roy can bring to Mewtwo. And despite range being quite similar, Roy has the advatnage due to disjointed hitboxes with the Sword of Seals.

Against :4ryu: I seem to live with Mewtwo till about 160%. And the lag of some of his moves make it easier for Mewtwo to rush in, and do damage. Maybe I haven't faced good Ryu's yet, but I think it might be a matchup where Mewtwo could get things done.

:4lucas: is harder to guess for me, but it's far more workable than Ness at least. Him having that tether grab can be bothersome, and PSI Magnet is an amazing tool for Lucas to absord Shadow Ball, so I don't use it often against him. Quite sure Lucas has a small advantage due to speed, but not 100% sure, could be evenish.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Here's how I'd have been completely okay with Federation **** up: Either it didn't exist or was announced AFTER a mainseries The main problem here is the fact that we haven't had a game in 5 if you count the fanfiction, or 8 years as Prime 3 exists. A spinoff is to keep things fresh, this is the 12th Metroid game, it's hardly staled at all, especially with the lack of games in 5 ****ing years
Well, at least we know Nintendo hasn't completely forgotten about the Metroid franchise. At the very least, Federation Force shows that Nintendo is still aware of Metroid, even if they're not doing anything with the main series. If nothing else, I think we should be thankful for that. If Federation Force hadn't been created, then we might not hear anything about the Metroid series for another 2 or 3 years.

Plus, I think that we should judge Federation Force by its quality as a stand-alone game, not by its quality as a Metroid game. Federation Force looks like it could be fun in its own right, and I think we should appreciate it for that. After all, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well, at least we know Nintendo hasn't completely forgotten about the Metroid franchise. At the very least, Federation Force shows that Nintendo is still aware of Metroid, even if they're not doing anything with the main series. If nothing else, I think we should be thankful for that. If Federation Force hadn't been created, then we might not hear anything about the Metroid series for another 2 or 3 years.

Plus, I think that we should judge Federation Force by its quality as a stand-alone game, not by its quality as a Metroid game. Federation Force looks like it could be fun in its own right, and I think we should appreciate it for that. After all, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
However, everyone should criticize what must be criticized. We don't want another Nuts and Bolts do we? Also, lots of salt died with this
http://nintendoeverything.com/metro...building-around-the-story-of-sylux-and-samus/
Sylux making a comeback would be ****ing sweet

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
How do you think Mewtwo fares against the new DLC characters? :4feroy::4ryu::4lucas:

Personally, I think he has a disadvantage against :4feroy: because of the pressure Roy can bring to Mewtwo. And despite range being quite similar, Roy has the advatnage due to disjointed hitboxes with the Sword of Seals.

Against :4ryu: I seem to live with Mewtwo till about 160%. And the lag of some of his moves make it easier for Mewtwo to rush in, and do damage. Maybe I haven't faced good Ryu's yet, but I think it might be a matchup where Mewtwo could get things done.

:4lucas: is harder to guess for me, but it's far more workable than Ness at least. Him having that tether grab can be bothersome, and PSI Magnet is an amazing tool for Lucas to absord Shadow Ball, so I don't use it often against him. Quite sure Lucas has a small advantage due to speed, but not 100% sure, could be evenish.
I agree with those statement. Roy is really fast and has long range with the sword. so its better to keep distance and force Roy to make slip up to punish him later

Ryu doesnt have many kill moves and many of his combos can be escaped from a lightwiehgt character, so mewtwos weight is this time in favor for mewtwo. best is that Ryus Focus Attack (down B) can be Disabled if I am not wrong. giving him a upperhand instead for letting Ryu set it up. Mewtwo can go to the offensive here

Lucas might be a 50/50 since they counter each other in many areas

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Salt for Federation Force is not going to vanish entirely because of the Sylux confirmation by Kensuke Tanabe(WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT), but it's a sign that they want something big to happen.

smashdlcpls

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah I was really surprised with how long Mewtwo lives vs Ryu. Was almost thinking Mewtwo got some insane weight buffs, but sadly this is not the case. I think it really works in favor for Mewtwo, but Ryu is quite versatile, so I won't be celebrating yet. But it's nice to have a character in who's new that seems to be weak against Mewtwo's shenanigans. His recovery is also quite easy to intercept with F Air I feel.

Roy is difficult, but both characters can finish each other off swiftly. So it's wise to be extra careful with Roy. Almost as if you'd face Ike.

Lucas could really go both ways, but he seems rather unimpressive at the moment.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
However, everyone should criticize what must be criticized. We don't want another Nuts and Bolts do we? Also, lots of salt died with this
http://nintendoeverything.com/metro...building-around-the-story-of-sylux-and-samus/
Sylux making a comeback would be ****ing sweet
I'd like to see that, as well. It could be very interesting. However, take a look at the bottom of the article.
Kensuke Tanabe said:
I'm also thinking that, in that eventual game between Sylux and Samus that might get made, that I want to involve the [Galactic] Federation as well. So it would be a good idea to release a game like Federation Forces to flesh out its role in the galaxy before moving on to that.
Clearly, Tanabe thinks that Federation Force is a good way to set up the next mainstream Metroid game. Maybe he's right. Also, as for criticizing what needs to be criticized, I can't say I completely agree on that. I mean, you don't see people criticizing Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker for not being a mainstream Mario game. They enjoy it for what it is: a spin-off puzzle game. Maybe if we look at Federation Force the same way, we'll get more out of it. And, if it's helping set up the next mainstream Metroid game, then that's even better! All I'm saying is that we should keep an open mind. In this situation, I don't think being close-minded will help anything.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I don't see what the big deal is. The game's focus is going to be on an expansive single-player campaign, not multiplayer. Plus, the only confirmed multiplayer mode is a co-op effort where one player controls the Arwing and the other player controls the laser blasters. I don't think that'll translate into online very well, since there's no reliable way to quickly and easily communicate. When two people are controlling the same ship, that's pretty important.
Ergo the co-op is awful. It's 2015. I'd expect co-op to involve other players taking control of the other Star Fox members not that pathetic excuse for co-op.

It bears the Metroid name. It'll be judged as a Metroid game as a result. It was better off being a new ip.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Salt for Federation Force is not going to vanish entirely because of the Sylux confirmation by Kensuke Tanabe(WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT), but it's a sign that they want something big to happen.

smashdlcpls
as I heard, the makers of MP:FF isnt by the MP team but more of the team that created Mario Party 9 and 10 (which is shown btw)

but I did also heard that the maker of MP do want to do a MP4, so lets hope for it! maybe Sylux do get a chance for being a DLC character

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Ergo the co-op is awful. It's 2015. I'd expect co-op to involve other players taking control of the other Star Fox members not that pathetic excuse for co-op.
What part of "focused on an expansive single-player campaign" do you not understand? If you buy video games for the multiplayer, then I don't think Star Fox is for you. Most Star Fox titles before Zero focused on single-player, too, so it's not like this some major, new development. Also, considering you bought, played, and enjoyed The Wonderful 101, this comes off as slightly hypocritical. The Wonderful 101's co-op wasn't online, nor was it outstanding by any stretch of the imagination. Also, remember that PlatinumGames happens to be developing Zero, too, so it's possible we'll see something similar to The Wonderful 101's system as far as co-op and single-player goes.
It bears the Metroid name. It'll be judged as a Metroid game as a result. It was better off being a new ip.
I agree that it probably would've been better off as a stand-alone game. However, let's also consider that Kensuke Tanabe thinks that Federation Force is a good way to show the Galactic Federation's role in the Metroid universe. I mean, this is the man that produces the Metroid Prime games, so his opinion must mean something.

As for judging Federation Force as a Metroid game, that's absolutely ridiculous. If people judged Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker as a Mario game, then it would've bombed. If people judged Mario Kart as a Mario game, then it would've bombed. If people judged Hyrule Warriors as a Legend of Zelda game, then it would've bombed. If people judged Kirby and the Rainbow Curse as a Kirby game, then it would've bombed. The point is, if people judged every spin-off game by how it played relative to its series's mainstream games, then every spin-off game would suck. We should judge Federation Force by its own merit as a spin-off, not by how it plays compared to the mainstream Metroid games.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
as I heard, the makers of MP:FF isnt by the MP team but more of the team that created Mario Party 9 and 10 (which is shown btw)

but I did also heard that the maker of MP do want to do a MP4, so lets hope for it! maybe Sylux do get a chance for being a DLC character
Mario Party 9 and 10 were made by Nd Cube. Federation Force is being made by Next Level Games, who had previously turned down a Metroid project in favor of Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon.

This brings more hope than ever for the series, this confirmation of an idea for Prime 4.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
What part of "focused on an expansive single-player campaign" do you not understand? If you buy video games for the multiplayer, then I don't think Star Fox is for you. Most Star Fox titles before Zero focused on single-player, too, so it's not like this some major, new development. Also, considering you bought, played, and enjoyed The Wonderful 101, this comes off as slightly hypocritical. The Wonderful 101's co-op wasn't online, nor was it outstanding by any stretch of the imagination. Also, remember that PlatinumGames happens to be developing Zero, too, so it's possible we'll see something similar to The Wonderful 101's system as far as co-op and single-player goes.

I agree that it probably would've been better off as a stand-alone game. However, let's also consider that Kensuke Tanabe thinks that Federation Force is a good way to show the Galactic Federation's role in the Metroid universe. I mean, this is the man that produces the Metroid Prime games, so his opinion must mean something.

As for judging Federation Force as a Metroid game, that's absolutely ridiculous. If people judged Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker as a Mario game, then it would've bombed. If people judged Mario Kart as a Mario game, then it would've bombed. If people judged Hyrule Warriors as a Legend of Zelda game, then it would've bombed. If people judged Kirby and the Rainbow Curse as a Kirby game, then it would've bombed. The point is, if people judged every spin-off game by how it played relative to its series's mainstream games, then every spin-off game would suck. We should judge Federation Force by its own merit as a spin-off, not by how it plays compared to the mainstream Metroid games.
Wonderful 101 wasn't an established IP with Multiplayer in previous incarnations let alone Online Multiplayer (Star Fox 64 3d). Plenty of titles are capable of balancing Single Player and Multiplayer really well. Gears of War and Halo for example. Star Fox's inability to do that is honestly half-assed and at this point Nintendo are damage controlling the Event. Hard.
At least W101's co-op let other people fight alongside me instead of being the guns on my ship.

Captain Toad was an expansion on the Captain Toad segments in 3d World.
Hyrule Warriors was a crossover with Dynasty Warriors. As a Zelda game it's awful but it's one of the best Dynasty Warriors games.
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse was a sequel to Canvas Curse which was a DS game. It bombed sales wise anyway.
Mario Kart didn't take the Mario Platforming gameplay and chuck karts in.
Fed Fighters takes the Prime series gameplay, throws in co-op in a series about ISOLATION, has a spin-off in game that makes no sense whatsoever and it releases during a Metroid drought of 5 years (8 since the last good game).
All there is to the Federation is that they're a bunch of shady, Corrupt suits that want to control the galaxy through any means necessary. They're to Metroid like ONI is to Halo.

It's called Metroid Prime: Federation Fighters.
Mario Kart isn't called Super Mario Bros: Kart, Captain Toad isn't called Super Mario: Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker.
The separate titles allow for differentiation and their own series to be made.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Mario Party 9 and 10 were made by Nd Cube. Federation Force is being made by Next Level Games, who had previously turned down a Metroid project in favor of Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon.

This brings more hope than ever for the series, this confirmation of an idea for Prime 4.
sorry, my wrong. I heard it wrong.
but if it is Next Level Games, I can expect MP:FF be good but not the Prime game we expected

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Ah, as always people jumping to conclusions and talking with a hot head. The sensible thing to do is just wait how the game turns out, regardless of the name.
And I recall last year that Miyamoto vaguely mentioned that they were working on both formats for a new Metroid game. There are still plenty of directs left for this year, so maybe something will come eventually.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Can I point out something?

Fed. Force doesn't even look bad.

Gameplay-wise, it's like a first person, Metroid imagining of Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker's co-op missions. The fact that the campaign is slated to have a co-op option only cements the similarities further. It might not feel like the immersive titles we had in the past, but the Metroid formula is there.

Give it a chance.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Wonderful 101 wasn't an established IP with Multiplayer in previous incarnations let alone Online Multiplayer (Star Fox 64 3d). Plenty of titles are capable of balancing Single Player and Multiplayer really well. Gears of War and Halo for example. Star Fox's inability to do that is honestly half-***** and at this point Nintendo are damage controlling the Event. Hard.
At least W101's co-op let other people fight alongside me instead of being the guns on my ship.
First of all, we don't know all of the multiplayer modes yet. All that's confirmed at this point is the aforementioned co-op effort where one player is controls the Arwing and the other player controls the laser blasters. That's not to say that there won't be a traditional multiplayer mode where you battle each other, but it's just not confirmed at this point. Furthermore, online multiplayer hasn't be disconfirmed, either. They're simply not entertaining the idea right now. If the developers think that they can make the online multiplayer good enough, then they will, but, because they want to focus on an expansive single-player campaign, they're not currently working on it. Once again, that's not to say that it won't happen. It's just saying that, for now, it's only a possibility. Don't jump the gun and immediately think that an ambiguous statement is a disconfirmation. It's not.

Even furthermore, some people may enjoy the afore mentioned co-op effort. Maybe you won't enjoy it, but there are people out there that will, and that's perfectly OK. It's simply an opinion, and everyone is entitled to their own. Also, Nintendo hasn't disconfirmed the traditional multiplayer battles. They simply haven't said anything on the matter.

Second of all, The Wonderful 101's status as a new IP shouldn't excuse it from having decent multiplayer. Now, understand that I loved The Wonderful 101, and that I couldn't care less for its multiplayer, but, for the sake of this argument, I'm pointing out your error.

Back on track, The Wonderful 101 is a great game. So what? What does that have to do with having a decent co-op mode? It was made in 2013. There's absolutely no excuse.

Now, see, that's what you're saying about Star Fox Zero, but with the logic that The Wonderful 101 being a new IP somehow excuses it from decent co-op. Being new has nothing to do with it. Based on what you're saying, it's the timeframe that the game was made in that determines what standards we should hold the game to. Therefore, it should have had decent, online co-op because it was made in 2013. It doesn't matter that the game's focus was single-player, and the single-player was absolutely amazing, it should have had good co-op.

See how silly that sounds? Now, moving on from that, you then said that The Wonderful 101's co-op is better than Star Fox Zero's. Firstly, being better than something perceived as bad doesn't mean anything. For example, if I said that Sonic Boom was better than E.T., would you say that makes Sonic Boom a good game? Of course not! Relativity means nothing in this situation. Just because something is the lesser of two evils doesn't make it good. It just means that it was worse at being bad.

Secondly, as I've previously stated, they haven't disconfirmed Star Fox's traditional multiplayer battles. Nintendo just hasn't said anything about them. If I had to take a guess, I would say that the traditional multiplayer battle mode will be in the final game. Once again, don't jump the gun and assume that silence is the equivalent of a disconfirmation. The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.

If you ask me, it sounds like Star Fox, or just the Star Fox franchise as a whole, isn't your cup of tea. That's perfectly OK, but disliking something doesn't mean it's bad. I personally think I'm going to enjoy Star Fox Zero, and I'd appreciate it if I could do so without having hate shoved down my throat about it.
Captain Toad was an expansion on the Captain Toad segments in 3d World.
Hyrule Warriors was a crossover with Dynasty Warriors. As a Zelda game it's awful but it's one of the best Dynasty Warriors games.
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse was a sequel to Canvas Curse which was a DS game. It bombed sales wise anyway.
Mario Kart didn't take the Mario Platforming gameplay and chuck karts in.
Fed Fighters takes the Prime series gameplay, throws in co-op in a series about ISOLATION, has a spin-off in game that makes no sense whatsoever and it releases during a Metroid drought of 5 years (8 since the last good game).
All there is to the Federation is that they're a bunch of shady, Corrupt suits that want to control the galaxy through any means necessary. They're to Metroid like ONI is to Halo.

It's called Metroid Prime: Federation Fighters.
Mario Kart isn't called Super Mario Bros: Kart, Captain Toad isn't called Super Mario: Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker.
The separate titles allow for differentiation and their own series to be made.
I don't see why Federation Force can't be a separate title that allows for differentiation in the Metroid series. It's just a spin-off. It's not like it's completely revamping the series and taking it in a whole new direction. As LIQUID12A said, it's still got the Metroid formula and everything. It's just a bit different, like all spin-offs should be. I also find it strange that you're saying that co-op doesn't belong in the Metroid Prime series, yet, at the same time, you're avidly claiming that the Star Fox series must. That's sorta hypocritical, and it makes it hard to take this argument seriously. Just a heads-up. Anyway, yes, it probably would've done better as a stand-alone IP, especially with the drought in Metroid games. We've already established that I agree with you here. Still, just keep and open mind and give it a chance. That never hurt anybody, and, plus, Federation Force looks like it could be a pretty fun game in its own right.

As for the Galactic Federation just being a shady organization that wants to the control the galaxy, I think it's pretty clear that Kensuke Tanabe wants it to be a little more than that. He thinks that Federation Force is a good way to flesh out the Federation's role in the galaxy, so he obviously wants them to have a larger, perhaps more important or meaningful, part to play in the next Metroid game.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I agree with those statement. Roy is really fast and has long range with the sword. so its better to keep distance and force Roy to make slip up to punish him later

Ryu doesnt have many kill moves and many of his combos can be escaped from a lightwiehgt character, so mewtwos weight is this time in favor for mewtwo. best is that Ryus Focus Attack (down B) can be Disabled if I am not wrong. giving him a upperhand instead for letting Ryu set it up. Mewtwo can go to the offensive here

Lucas might be a 50/50 since they counter each other in many areas
I've disabled Ryu out of a hurricane kick before.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
First of all, we don't know all of the multiplayer modes yet. All that's confirmed at this point is the aforementioned co-op effort where one player is controls the Arwing and the other player controls the laser blasters. That's not to say that there won't be a traditional multiplayer mode where you battle each other, but it's just not confirmed at this point. Furthermore, online multiplayer hasn't be disconfirmed, either. They're simply not entertaining the idea right now. If the developers think that they can make the online multiplayer good enough, then they will, but, because they want to focus on an expansive single-player campaign, they're not currently working on it. Once again, that's not to say that it won't happen. It's just saying that, for now, it's only a possibility. Don't jump the gun and immediately think that an ambiguous statement is a disconfirmation. It's not.

Even furthermore, some people may enjoy the afore mentioned co-op effort. Maybe you won't enjoy it, but there are people out there that will, and that's perfectly OK. It's simply an opinion, and everyone is entitled to their own. Also, Nintendo hasn't disconfirmed the traditional multiplayer battles. They simply haven't said anything on the matter.

Second of all, The Wonderful 101's status as a new IP shouldn't excuse it from having decent multiplayer. Now, understand that I loved The Wonderful 101, and that I couldn't care less for its multiplayer, but, for the sake of this argument, I'm pointing out your error.

Back on track, The Wonderful 101 is a great game. So what? What does that have to do with having a decent co-op mode? It was made in 2013. There's absolutely no excuse.

Now, see, that's what you're saying about Star Fox Zero, but with the logic that The Wonderful 101 being a new IP somehow excuses it from decent co-op. Being new has nothing to do with it. Based on what you're saying, it's the timeframe that the game was made in that determines what standards we should hold the game to. Therefore, it should have had decent, online co-op because it was made in 2013. It doesn't matter that the game's focus was single-player, and the single-player was absolutely amazing, it should have had good co-op.

See how silly that sounds? Now, moving on from that, you then said that The Wonderful 101's co-op is better than Star Fox Zero's. Firstly, being better than something perceived as bad doesn't mean anything. For example, if I said that Sonic Boom was better than E.T., would you say that makes Sonic Boom a good game? Of course not! Relativity means nothing in this situation. Just because something is the lesser of two evils doesn't make it good. It just means that it was worse at being bad.

Secondly, as I've previously stated, they haven't disconfirmed Star Fox's traditional multiplayer battles. Nintendo just hasn't said anything about them. If I had to take a guess, I would say that the traditional multiplayer battle mode will be in the final game. Once again, don't jump the gun and assume that silence is the equivalent of a disconfirmation. The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.

If you ask me, it sounds like Star Fox, or just the Star Fox franchise as a whole, isn't your cup of tea. That's perfectly OK, but disliking something doesn't mean it's bad. I personally think I'm going to enjoy Star Fox Zero, and I'd appreciate it if I could do so without having hate shoved down my throat about it.
You're misinterpreting so much here I'm not even going to bother except for the last point which is a baseless assumption at best.
I was clamouring for a new Star Fox. But this? This is a disgrace so far.

I don't see why Federation Force can't be a separate title that allows for differentiation in the Metroid series. It's just a spin-off. It's not like it's completely revamping the series and taking it in a whole new direction. As LIQUID12A said, it's still got the Metroid formula and everything. It's just a bit different, like all spin-offs should be. I also find it strange that you're saying that co-op doesn't belong in the Metroid Prime series, yet, at the same time, you're avidly claiming that the Star Fox series must. That's sorta hypocritical, and it makes it hard to take this argument seriously. Just a heads-up. Anyway, yes, it probably would've done better as a stand-alone IP, especially with the drought in Metroid games. We've already established that I agree with you here. Still, just keep and open mind and give it a chance. That never hurt anybody, and, plus, Federation Force looks like it could be a pretty fun game in its own right.

As for the Galactic Federation just being a shady organization that wants to the control the galaxy, I think it's pretty clear that Kensuke Tanabe wants it to be a little more than that. He thinks that Federation Force is a good way to flesh out the Federation's role in the galaxy, so he obviously wants them to have a larger, perhaps more important or meaningful, part to play in the next Metroid game.
In Star Fox, Fox almost always has a team helping him fight in on-rails segments and small on-foot environments (Adventure being the black sheep). It begs for a proper co-op experience.
In Metroid, Samus is typically alone. It's a series about Isolation and Exploration.

Not that hard to understand.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
In Star Fox, Fox almost always has a team helping him fight in on-rails segments and small on-foot environments (Adventure being the black sheep). It begs for a proper co-op experience.
But then Slippy wouldn't suck. Also, how would you fit four players on-rails without them constantly crashing
into each other or just making them play on their own separate field?

In Metroid, Samus is typically alone. It's a series about Isolation and Exploration.

Hence why Samus doesn't appear in a game about the Federation.
And the fact it's a spin-off means it can get away with doing things that would normally be seen as ridiculous in a particular
series. Literally the whole point of a spin-off.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
But then Slippy wouldn't suck.

Hence why Samus doesn't appear in a game about the Federation.
And the fact it's a spin-off means it can get away with doing things that would normally be seen as ridiculous in a particular
series. Literally the whole point of a spin-off.
But it hasn't gotten away with it. And it probably won't because people wanted a Prime 4. Not a Prime Spin-off that looks mediocre at best.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
You're misinterpreting so much here I'm not even going to bother except for the last point which is a baseless assumption at best.
I was clamouring for a new Star Fox. But this? This is a disgrace so far.

I don't see how Star Fox Zero is a disgrace so far. "There's no online multiplayer! It must be terrible game!" I don't see the logic there. If you were clamoring for a new Star Fox game, then you must have enjoyed the previous ones, and, save for Command, not a single one had online multiplayer. As far as we know, the multiplayer has the potential to be identical to previous ones, but with a little extra, and maybe with online compatibility. Plus, the new vehicle transformations and single-player campaign look fantastic so far! I don't see any disgracefulness. At most, I see a little worrisome uncertainty. However, if I'm missing something, feel free to call me out on it.

Also, I completely concur with all of what @ meleebrawler meleebrawler said about Federation Force. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
But it hasn't gotten away with it. And it probably won't because people wanted a Prime 4. Not a Prime Spin-off that looks mediocre at best.
Bad timing doesn't inherently make a game bad. Also your attitude I feel describes how people feel when they see new
IPs from Nintendo (save the recent Splatoon which got massively pushed). It could be a good game for all we know
but most people be like "Meh, it's not Mario/Samus so it can't be that good" and dismiss it.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I don't see how Star Fox Zero is a disgrace so far. "There's no online multiplayer! It must be terrible game!" I don't see the logic there. If you were clamoring for a new Star Fox game, then you must have enjoyed the previous ones, and, save for Command, not a single one had online multiplayer. As far as we know, the multiplayer has the potential to be identical to previous ones, but with a little extra, and maybe with online compatibility. Plus, the new vehicle transformations and single-player campaign look fantastic so far! I don't see any disgracefulness. At most, I see a little worrisome uncertainty. However, if I'm missing something, feel free to call me out on it.

Also, I completely concur with all of what @ meleebrawler meleebrawler said about Federation Force. Couldn't has said it better myself.
It looks graphically awful and bland, as in worse than Assault. It's a reboot as much as they try to say it isn't. Potential. So let's see if it lives up to it which I'm already doubting heavily. Everything they've currently said is disappointing for a Star Fox game to the point I'm not buying this just like I'll avoid the Metroid spin-off abomination and Splatoon.
Worst thing is it'll be shoved in my face. After SMTxFE it's adios to the Wii U.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996

Spin-offs exist for a reason, to make a different approach without interfering with the formula of the main series. It is not the first time a game franchise does something completely different in the form of a spin-off: Mario has the countless kart and party titles, Kirby has been made of yarn and paint, Zelda meshed with a musou game, Pokemon has the Mystery dungeon games and even Metroid Prime did something different in a pinball game.

Metroid is about isolation and exploration. When you are Samus. But the formula changes when you are part of a squad from the Galactic Federation. So please, let's not pretend that the direction they are taking here is offensive or pervades the Metroid formula. I never understand you guys, other game series can get away with it except Metroid. Everything Metroid-related is somehow sacred and is not allowed to experiment.
Ah I remember when people were butt mad about the first Metroid Prime game back in the day.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
It looks graphically awful and bland, as in worse than Assault. It's a reboot as much as they try to say it isn't. Potential. So let's see if it lives up to it which I'm already doubting heavily. Everything they've currently said is disappointing for a Star Fox game to the point I'm not buying this just like I'll avoid the Metroid spin-off abomination and Splatoon.
Worst thing is it'll be shoved in my face. After SMTxFE it's adios to the Wii U.
Firstly, remember that the game is still in development. It's possible that they could change it later. Also, I don't see the problem with the graphics. They look fine to me. They're bright, colorful, and they certainly don't look unappealing to me. That's just me, though. Also, Nintendo and PlatinumGames wanted to ensure that both screens were running at 60 frames per second at all times, so they obviously have to make a few graphical sacrifices. Also, what happened to "graphics don't make a game." If I recall correctly, you once said something along those lines.

I don't see the problem with a reboot. Star Fox basically wrote itself into a corner. By the end Command, General Pepper is sick, Peppy isn't a pilot anymore, the original Great Fox is gone, Krystal has gone through several personality changes and has either joined Star Wolf, ran off, or married Fox, Pigma and Andrew are either dead or missing, Andross, the Anglars, and the Venomian forces are gone, Falco has potentially left the team itself, Fox and Krystal potentially have a kid, Dash potentially becomes the new Andross, and numerous other endings can potentially occur. Very few of the endings leave much to work with, and many of them just aren't that good. In some ways, a reboot is one of the best things to happen to Star Fox since Star Fox 64. Also, a reboot isn't automatically a bad thing. Give it a chance.

Plus, despite the game being a reboot, none of the levels look anything like they did in Star Fox 64, several previously minor characters look like they have larger roles, some of the original levels' appearances have been redesigned, the bosses are completely different, and we've got the transforming vehicles and the Gyrowing. To cap it off, PlatinumGames is co-developing it. Other than a little uncertainty, I don't see what's not to like.

Last edited:

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
The true problem with Star Fox Zero is the art style does actually involve those puppets.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I've disabled Ryu out of a hurricane kick before.
thats actually better :3
Can I point out something?

Fed. Force doesn't even look bad.

Gameplay-wise, it's like a first person, Metroid imagining of Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker's co-op missions. The fact that the campaign is slated to have a co-op option only cements the similarities further. It might not feel like the immersive titles we had in the past, but the Metroid formula is there.

Give it a chance.
it does look really fun, especially once that its Co-op mode based!
it sad that its named "MP:FF", I would like it more if it was named "Metroid FF" instead and leaving the "prime" out

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Since its a black background you can't see the strings. Also Kermit will be a DLC character.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I think Star Fox Zero looks good to be so far. Even if the graphics don't look very good, the game won't be launching in two days so Nintendo has time to make improvements but I do have to say that Fox looks like a teddy bear on the box art.

I mostly played solo on the Star Fox games that I've played so multiplayer won't be much of an issue for me.

As for Star Fox Zero being a likely reboot, I'm perfectly fine with that. I always liked the way the games were before Adventure (Dinosaur Planet really shouldn't have turn into a Star Fox game. Don't hurt me.). I also do see similarities between 64 and Zero but those are ok as well. The gameplay looks terrific so far and being able to take control of other vehicles is another plus for me.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I think Star Fox Zero looks good to be so far. Even if the graphics don't look very good, the game won't be launching in two days so Nintendo has time to make improvements but I do have to say that Fox looks like a teddy bear on the box art.

I mostly played solo on the Star Fox games that I've played so multiplayer won't be much of an issue for me.

As for Star Fox Zero being a likely reboot, I'm perfectly fine with that. I always liked the way the games were before Adventure (Dinosaur Planet really shouldn't have turn into a Star Fox game. Don't hurt me.). I also do see similarities between 64 and Zero but those are ok as well. The gameplay looks terrific so far and being able to take control of other vehicles is another plus for me.
Yeah, I never really played multiplayer in previous Star Fox titles, either, so, regardless of how it turns out, it won't affect me much. In my opinion, the only thing the game hasn't confirmed that I really want is the Blue Marine. I loved Aquas in Star Fox 64 because of that vehicle, and I really want it to return. It was so cool! The Gyrowing kinda reminds me of an airborne version of the Blue Marine, so that makes me hope that it'll return in Zero.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Soooooooo... I think we should start a petition. Compared to Lucas, Roy and Ryu, Mewtwo is kind of a joke. I get that Mewtwo is a glass cannon but it doesn't make sense that he's underpowered in terms of hitboxes. If his main design is to be powerful but easy to kill then he should:

- Be able to kill fast if he's able to be killed fast
- Wider hitboxes on smash and B attacks
- A neutrail air thay can interrupt attacks
- FASTER if he's that light
- Faster grabs

That's it Sakurai. That's it..

PS, The argument that "at least he's in the game" is a bit defeatest. Lucas and Roy came back and they're way more balanced than Mewtwo. I barely know how to play either and I'm getting more decent kills on FG compared to Mewtwo who I've been practicing with since release.

Last edited:
Top Bottom