• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Hey guys, you may consider setting your c-stick to special moves when playing mewtwo.
I tried it out today, and it makes steering the teleport way more comfortable, because you can put in "upB" and "direction" simultaneously.

try it :)

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Hey guys, you may consider setting your c-stick to special moves when playing mewtwo.
I tried it out today, and it makes steering the teleport way more comfortable, because you can put in "upB" and "direction" simultaneously.

try it :)
Can that be done with the 3DS version? I was actually wondering about that the other day.

C3CC

Smash Lord
Loving every single second of using Mewtwo. He's so freaking fun to use. Sometimes when I win with him I enter hype mode like "HE'S ACTUALLY BACK OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" because I still sometimes don't believe he actually returned.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Can that be done with the 3DS version? I was actually wondering about that the other day.
no idea, only tried it on wii U.

i guess that you can do it with the new 3ds's additional stick, but I don't own one of those

Daybreak

Busy busy busy~
NNID
DaybreakPlz
3DS FC
1091-8175-8810
Switch FC
SW-6555-9639-6872
I sent you guys a replay of my Mewtwo in action!
Let me know what y'all think. (Sorry about that SD though...>> So embarrassing...)
Nice stuff, I like how you sneaked that claw in there towards the end. Those up throws though, with Mewtwo's range it must be hard to get back to the ground.

It was funny when you used the d-tilt and dodged the fireball.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Nice stuff, I like how you sneaked that claw in there towards the end. Those up throws though, with Mewtwo's range it must be hard to get back to the ground.

It was funny when you used the d-tilt and dodged the fireball.
xD Yeah, that's basically Mewtwo's way of ducking.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I still find it very dumb that Mewtwo is the 2nd lightest fighter now. It's a 269 lb. Pokemon, so I would think that its weight would be above average. Floaty doesn't mean lightweight, especially when you look at Samus.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Smash has quite a lot of canon-breakers, so I personally don't think it's really worth it to argue against it in that regard.

If I had to play devil's advocate and think of a "canon" reason why Mewtwo is that light, though, I'd probably say it's because it's a Psychic type who can constantly keep itself floaty/levitate freely compared to people who simply fall slower. So like Mystic Speed said, Mewtwo can still weigh that much, and could possibly be passively defying gravity of its own will, because of what it is.

Last edited:

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
I'm assuming they fixed the problem with AOL not receiving Mewtwo codes because I just got mine without having to call Nintendo. Finally! :chuckle:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I posted this elsewhere but I'd like to get you guy's opinions on the matter..
I think we should petition for Mewtwo to be one of these things:

A) Heavier (Not my favorite because I like the maneuverability he has as a lightweight.)

B) Faster (My personal pick. It makes sense.)

C) Stronger (Wider hitboxes and launching capabilities.)
He's just released and the devs (Sakurai included) will be looking for initial impressions. You guys think we should petition something? Not saying he's bad, I enjoy Mewtwo no matter what, but in the metagame he seems to be lacking. Let's do it. Yay or nay?

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I posted this elsewhere but I'd like to get you guy's opinions on the matter..

He's just released and the devs (Sakurai included) will be looking for initial impressions. You guys think we should petition something? Not saying he's bad, I enjoy Mewtwo no matter what, but in the metagame he seems to be lacking. Let's do it. Yay or nay?
I'd really say he's fine the way he is, well timed airdodges and Teleport as safe landing method are neat, also the mindgames with the extra hob from side B is nice too.

But if I really want to change him, I'd say his bair startup lag. Otherwise I think he's fine.

1DeadRabbit

...I mean jackal.
3DS FC
1864-9519-0771
This **** is ridiculous.

He needs a weight buff.
A bit late of me but...

That just wasn't good playing.

EDIT: Mewtwo needs to be played defensively and evasively, from what I can tell. Spacing is super important and knowing your reach is super important. If you tank or rush with him you're going to have a bad day.

I think we should figure him out before making petitions or demanding changes right off the bat. My $0.02.

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I'd really say he's fine the way he is, well timed airdodges and Teleport as safe landing method are neat, also the mindgames with the extra hob from side B is nice too.

But if I really want to change him, I'd say his bair startup lag. Otherwise I think he's fine.
I think he's fine too but he's just not quite up to par with certain characters in the metagame. Being one of the world's strongest Pokemon, he should at least have some OP aspect to him like other characters (Diddy, Sonic, etc.) Minor things I'd like to see changed off the top of my head:

- Hitbox behind Shadow Ball
- Hitbox behind DTilt
- Wider hitbox for Confusion and Disable
- Faster (I mean if he can be launched easily he should at least be hard to catch - no Pokemon pun intended.)

Like i said, he's fine and I'll main Mewtwo despite tier rankings, but it would be nice if he had a fair shot in the metagame.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
On a flavor note, I'm kinda surprised Mewtwo just teleports in outta some dark energy for his entrance animation. I was totally expecting him to come out a Poke Ball and hoping for it to be a Master Ball. Interesting that he is still a wild, un-captured Pokemon in Smash.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I posted the following, regarding ORVO5 ORVO5 post.

I feel like the following needs to be done for Mewtwo...
  1. Increased weight: Mewtwo weighs 269 lbs., and yet it's the 2nd lightest fighter in Smash 4. If anything, Mewtwo's weight value should've been more around 108, but to keep things balanced, Mewtwo's falling speed would be made slower, and it would still be very floaty and vulnerable to getting Star KO'd.
  2. Improved hitboxes: Mewtwo's strongest attacks just seem to lack a long enough distance to be usable without putting it at risk. The f-smash is an example of this.
  3. Custom specials: We should at least have the option to customize Mewtwo even further than just with equipment.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I can live without custom moves, and hell, even the small hitboxes. What I cannot live with is Mewtwo being light as a feather on the moon. Should be at the very least Mario weight.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
A bit late of me but...

That just wasn't good playing.

EDIT: Mewtwo needs to be played defensively and evasively, from what I can tell. Spacing is super important and knowing your reach is super important. If you tank or rush with him you're going to have a bad day.

I think we should figure him out before making petitions or demanding changes right off the bat. My $0.02.
I posted the following, regarding ORVO5 ORVO5 post.
I think we should have a pinned "Fixes and Improvements" thread. Like I mentioned, Sakurai and the team will be looking at us (especially at this particular moment in time) to find out how Mewtwo is doing and if he needs any buffs/nerfs. We should speak out, and while not all, a lot will agree that he could use them.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Guys mewtwo has customs

A glitch discovered he was mean't to get some.

Probably a later patch release he might get them.
I've been thinking the same thing myself. Mewtwo doesn't have customs, likely because they're not finished yet. Hopefully, if they are ever finished, an update to the Mewtwo DLC will give us access to all of Mewtwo's custom specials, instead of forcing us to have to unlock them.

After all, in Smash Wii U, you're automatically given the Mewtwo (Alt.) trophy upon downloading Mewtwo, instead of having to buy it at the Trophy Shop.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I really want shadow ball to have an active hitbox during charge. The back dash could lead into chip damage right into the attack itself.

But lucario gets that instead and aura? Lame.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
While I too think Mewtwo isn't that good this game, I don't think it's a bad thing at all. In my opinion, what determines a character's worth is how fun they are, and Mewtwo fits the bill so it's perfectly fine. I'm not dissapointed in Smash 4 Mewtwo one bit, even if he's kinda janky. He's fun and that's all that matters.

One more thing, I'm sure Mewtwo will develop as time goes on. Like others have said, it's been only like 2 days. I too think he's bad based on first impressions, but I think you all should give Mewtwo some time before dropping him. Or even think of it this way... If Mewtwo does stay bad, then we can be low tier heroes!

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727

This glitch

Clearly these are not mewtwos customs

The glitch is a great hint for a future update mewtwo wil lget his customs.
Idk, it seems like an actual glitch of Mewtwo being forced to have data he's not supposed to have. If it actually showed attacks that were unique then that would be different, but these seem like genuine glitches. I'm all for custom moves but I don't think this is proof of that..
My Zero To Death works on Luigi and Lucina, I think I discovered a combo!
Real players or Lvl 9 CPUs?
Mewtu is so grim all the time.
Maybe he needs something to laught at?
LIKE HIS ENEMIES!
Tooooooooo funny. Now that's Mewtwo hype.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
After a full day of nothing but embarrassing losses, I finally scored a victory.
A sadistic, enjoyable victory.

My opponent:
  • Chose :4shulk:'s underwear outfit to spam "I'm Really Feeling It"
  • Teabagged regularly, which, since he was in the costume he was in, was even more disgusting than usual
  • And above all, his nametag was "Jesus". I take my beliefs dead seriously and will not tolerate people mocking them.

So yeah... 50+ matches got me horribly depressed, and then 1 made it all better.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Guys, I know we mentioned GW's bucket already, but seriously DO NOT LET GW BUCKET YOUR SHADOW BALL.

Hoooooly crap I got rekt in a battle I thought I had.

>Have GW at 100%+ on one stock while I still have two.
>Fully charged Ball at GW.
>GW buckets.
>I lose my stock.
>"Eh, everything's ai'ight"
>Get sausaged, some other move, Judge[5], ending with the bucket within 2 seconds in the most ridiculous 0-death I've ever seen.
>MFW it was by a lvl 9 CPU.
>DA****?!.jpg

On another note, I'm getting quite a bit better with this guy. Pulling off two stocks here and there. I should visit Barnes and Noble more often because I'm beginning to read skrubs like books.

Last edited:

Daybreak

Busy busy busy~
NNID
DaybreakPlz
3DS FC
1091-8175-8810
Switch FC
SW-6555-9639-6872
Guys, I know we mentioned GW's bucket already, but seriously DO NOT LET GW BUCKET YOUR SHADOW BALL.

Hoooooly crap I got rekt in a battle I thought I had.

>Have GW at 100%+ on one stock while I still have two.
>Fully charged Ball at GW.
>GW buckets.
>I lose my stock.
>"Eh, everything's ai'ight"
>Get sausaged, some other move, Judge[5], ending with the bucket within 2 seconds in the most ridiculous 0-death I've ever seen.
>MFW it was by a lvl 9 CPU.
>DA****?!.jpg

On another note, I'm getting quite a bit better with this guy. Pulling off two stocks here and there. I should visit Barnes and Noble more often because I'm beginning to read skrubs like books.
Can the bucket be reflected by Confusion? I don't think it would be able to.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

On my first try of All-Star Mode with Mewtwo, on Hard difficulty, in BOTH versions, I achieved my highest score ever.

what

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Alright, so I found a way to actually play MEWTWO TENNIS.

Easy:
1x:4mewtwo:
2x :4mario:/ :4drmario:/ :4fox:

Normal:
1x :4mewtwo:
2x :4fox:

Hard:
1x:4mewtwo:
1x :4villager:
2x :4fox:

Intense:
1x :4mewtwo:
1x :4villager:
2x :4ness: only

:smashville: is the recommended stage to play in for best entertainment.

Last edited:
Top Bottom