• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Mewtwo feels like he'd be a really good fit for me if I knew how to play at all. But I don't.

It's like a sword that fits your hand perfectly, flows through the air like nothing when you swing it... and you have no idea how to do anything with it except flail it around like a total imbecile.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
I use Side B 3. I knew they'd make the soul breaker more accessible!

In all seriousness I'm pretty sure they don't exactly prove anything and those unfinished customs are actually randomly put together states as a programming failsafe if something forces a character to use a custom move they don't have.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I think those glitch customs are there as filler so that the game doesn't completely crash if someone were to access them somehow. Kind of like why Missingno exists.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Speaking of the glitch customs, is it possible to save a configuration with them?

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
I feel like the lv 9 cpus are much more vicious in this patch. Whenever they would break my shield, they used to just forward tilt or grab, but now they charge up their forward smash. Their air dodges are on point too.
9 literally reads your inputs, don't go against them, they also do things that you couldn't possibly do reliably
I believe Lv. 9 CPU's have a frame 1 reaction time
Can confirm lol

The Lvl 9's on the 3DS version seemed to become demons after I upgraded to the new 3DS. What they lack in mindgames/dynamic technique, they make up for in being able to react to everything instantaneously. It makes them decent practice for punishing in my opinion, especially since a lot of people aren't going to be as "perfect" as the level 9's are.

Oil Panic fully charges with a fully charged Shadow Ball
The first time I did that I basically realized I done ****'d up like

Last edited:

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok now i get

Thats just someone who mastered using mewtwo in melee.

All i mean't was there were so many flaws with melees mewtwo (even though i am good with mewtwo)

The mewtwo in smash 4 has a lot of stuff repaired

1# Accuracy is better on some attacks

2# Knockback/damage is better on some attacks

3# Last time it was 70% average to get mewtwo koed in melee (mario just needa to hit mewtwo with 2 or 3 fully charged F-smash to get a home run without the bat)

But now its 115% average thats way better.

4# confusion is much better now even though you can still escape it by a jump, and also projectiles become his

And the reflect trick on mewtwo requires less time wise (easier to reflect) its also lasts long enough to do one of those ping pong tricks with reflect characters.

(Ps if you do that with mewtwos fully charged shadow ball it kos on 0%)

5# Disable can now get everyone now (melee you can't get shorty mc shorts characters with disable.)

But smash 4 mewtwo is not even close to being as good as project m

Like lag was increase on some attacks/animations

The neutral air doesn't knockback as well and its longer and it has to get to the last hit for the knockback, (can't touch the ground either.)

And ofcoarse still a little bit light (second lightest character, third if shulk does do the jump monondo)
(But remember mewtwo can still take more damage before getting koed now.)

Last edited:

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
You need to learn to be more evasive. That's a huge part of playing Mewtwo. Use those Teleport Dodges and his actual Teleport to your advantage. Keep yourself properly spaced.
I know! I did that all the time in Melee and now with this version of Teleport. Because it's so fast and the direction isn't telegraphed, it's great for a quick escape

Last edited:

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
You need to learn to be more evasive. That's a huge part of playing Mewtwo. Use those Teleport Dodges and his actual Teleport to your advantage. Keep yourself properly spaced.
Yeah the weight worked completely against him there, but a more evasive game probably could've prevented that.

I'm starting to somewhat get the feeling that Mewtwo is a very "high risk - high reward" character. If that's the case, then there's likely only one solution for us.

BZero

Smash Journeyman
NNID
brand23
His air dodge is EXCELLENT! Obviously much better than it was since you're able to continually air dodge while in mid-air.

Last edited:

Daybreak

Busy busy busy~
NNID
DaybreakPlz
3DS FC
1091-8175-8810
Switch FC
SW-6555-9639-6872
Is it not in the replay section of your game?
It might just be transferred there.
Which video exactly? Do you mean the one from the Mewtwo video thread? That's about the only one I have recorded at the moment from us. Plus that one had Voidnoob(my friend) in it

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Full charge shadow ball clanks out full charge aura sphere even with max aura influence. Also clanks with max charge shot from samus. Most other projectiles it goes straight through it. Even thoron.

Bowser can clank out shadow ball however with bair.

You can stop a yolo flare blitz with it too.

You also destroy Wario's bike regardless.

Last edited:

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
I think it's funny when people immediately jump to conclusions and say a character is bad. Let's rewind a couple months...

Remember when everybody thought Diddy Kong was awful because he can only use 1 banana? Or when everybody said Olimar got heavily nerfed because he only has 3 Pikmin?

Ah, good times...

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I think it's funny when people immediately jump to conclusions and say a character is bad. Let's rewind a couple months...

Remember when everybody thought Diddy Kong was awful because he can only use 1 banana? Or when everybody said Olimar got heavily nerfed because he only has 3 Pikmin?

Ah, good times...
Right?! lolololol

Top Bottom