• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
rayquaza can mega evolve without mega stones. why would it need a jade orb?
Theoretically, it could get a new primal form later on that would require the Jade Orb.

I want the weather trio to mega evolve into not existing. Especially Rayquaza.
Ain't gonna happen bro. Dunno if you're a Genwunner or what, but you can get that notion out of your head now.

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Yeah, the Weather trio are freakin' beast, man.

Kanto born and raised over here, but I like the other regions too. Hope to see Kanto revisited in 3D soon.

Last edited:

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
Yeah, the Weather trio are freakin' beast, man.

Kanto born and raised over here, but I like the other regions too. Hope to see Kanto revisited in 3D soon.
i started with sapphire. (liked it before hand, but sapphire was my first game in the series) but i will say: mega evos are awesome. so what if they are unbalanced? i still think most of them have cool designs. the primal reversions (especially when shiny) look BAD ASS. seriously. if you have a pink kyogre. give it the blue orb. it will turn black >:3
i freakin' love all the regions. each one feels special to me. im a pokemon fan til i die.

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
i started with sapphire. (liked it before hand, but sapphire was my first game in the series) but i will say: mega evos are awesome. so what if they are unbalanced? i still think most of them have cool designs. the primal reversions (especially when shiny) look BAD ***. seriously. if you have a pink kyogre. give it the blue orb. it will turn black >:3
i freakin' love all the regions. each one feels special to me. im a pokemon fan til i die.
Used to be a big Pokefan up untill X and Y came out (mainly due to how the transfer stuff worked between the 5th/6th Gens, didn't want to keep paying $5 per year to use the bank) which is quite a shame because I really wanted Mega Gardevoir on my team soo much.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Used to be a big Pokefan up untill X and Y came out (mainly due to how the transfer stuff worked between the 5th/6th Gens, didn't want to keep paying $5 per year to use the bank) which is quite a shame because I really wanted Mega Gardevoir on my team soo much.
You could get a friend to help transfer Pokemon.
It's such a shame that you can't bring items, though....

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
But...but...
Hoenn. :(

That's all I have to say.
I love Hoenn.
Hoenn's a swell place but it spawned even sillier things than Kalos.

Ain't gonna happen bro. Dunno if you're a Genwunner or what, but you can get that notion out of your head now.
Everyone who uses the term genwunner should be tarred and feathered because it's stupid to label people things who don't like what you like as much as you do. The weather trio are all just brain dead even for ubers standards. Actually a lot of ubers require more braincells than "Give Kyogre a choice scarf and do water spouts until something dies", "For no opportunity cost whatsoever Groudon can revert into something that patches its only major weakness and sports the defense to be fine with the other", and "Here's a mega evolution that can hold life orb knock yourself out".

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Hoenn's a swell place but it spawned even sillier things than Kalos.

Everyone who uses the term genwunner should be tarred and feathered because it's stupid to label people things who don't like what you like as much as you do. The weather trio are all just brain dead even for ubers standards. Actually a lot of ubers require more braincells than "Give Kyogre a choice scarf and do water spouts until something dies", "For no opportunity cost whatsoever Groudon can revert into something that patches its only major weakness and sports the defense to be fine with the other", and "Here's a mega evolution that can hold life orb knock yourself out".
You forgot the part where he has 180 in both offence stats, plus he has a Extremespeed, V-Create and his own variation of Close Combat. :p
Yeah...

Last edited:

Igzex

I just can't wait to see the true power of Zygarde!

And who will be the next widely used Pokemon in VGC to mega evolve into something horrendously broken?

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I just can't wait to see the true power of Zygarde!

And who will be the next widely used Pokemon in VGC to mega evolve into something horrendously broken?
Can't we just get a Mega Evolution for Flygon and Milotic already? ;~; I want my Bug/Dragon and Water/Fairy types....

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Actually a lot of ubers require more braincells than "Give Kyogre a choice scarf and do water spouts until something dies", "For no opportunity cost whatsoever Groudon can revert into something that patches its only major weakness and sports the defense to be fine with the other", and "Here's a mega evolution that can hold life orb knock yourself out".
Oh, so you hate them for being stupid broken?

Let's not forget Mewtwo started the "stupid broken" trend, and everything else just built off of that.
Ubers were never meant to be fair.

Last edited:

Igzex

Can't we just get a Mega Evolution for Flygon and Milotic already? ;~; I want my Bug/Dragon and Water/Fairy types....
Well since they're not already widely used they'll likely not be stupidly overpowered so I'd be for them.

So far the Pokemon I like have a good track record of the interesting mega evolutions like Gallade and Houndoom. Even Mewtwo's mega evolutions are relatively honest. Though Gengar is that guy I don't really like to talk about...

Oh, so you hate them for being stupid broken?

Let's not forget Mewtwo started the "stupid broken" trend, and everything else just built off of that.
Mewtwo is not as brain dead as the weather trio. Not even in Gen 1. Like, you had to spend one turn to do amnesia before OHKOing things instead of picking any of your Rayquaza's four attack moves. There's an elegance to Mewtwo's design while the weather trio have might as well have their movesets and EVs prepared for you right off the capture.

Last edited:

godogod

Smash Ace
I'm not defending this "leak" but.This is extremely false. There have been many instances in which they announce the Direct the day before.
It's stupid, but it's just like something Nintendo would do.
And when were those times?

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
...These pokemon are revered as gods for a reason: terrifying godlike power, the power to shape ALL OF CREATION. I don't pay much attention to the metagame, and not that it's an excuse, but I guess being broken comes with the territory.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
And when were those times?
January Direct 2015...
Nintendo of America Twitter said:
Don’t miss the new Nintendo Direct tomorrow (1/14) at 6 a.m. PT! It’s all about upcoming games for #WiiU and #3DS.
They posted this message on 1/13/2015

They've done this many times In the past. Many, many times. Like, the only ones that weren't announced the day before were Game Specific Directs.

Last edited:

Igzex

...These pokemon are revered as gods for a reason: terrifying godlike power, the power to shape ALL OF CREATION. I don't pay much attention to the metagame, and not that it's an excuse, but I guess being broken comes with the territory.
I prefer that my gods that had thought put into them by the developers and require thought from the player to use like Dialga and all kinds of Arceus that are not Extreme Killer thank you very much.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I prefer that my gods that had thought put into them by the developers and require thought from the player to use like Dialga and all kinds of Arceus that are not Extreme Killer thank you very much.
You know, Ghost Arceus doesn't require much thinking either.

+2 shadow force tho

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
Hoenn is the worst region for me. I know I sound like a broken record, but I really don't understand what's people love so much about it.

I've put about 500 hours into HG, 200 hours in B2, 100 hours in X/Y, But I brought OR day 1 and have still yet to complete it!

I'm also tired of people asking for mega evo's on Meta pokemon, some of my favorite Mega's were from pokemon like Beedrill, Lopunny and Hreacross because it breaths new life into them and the game, suddenly you can use all these crazy builds and not be at a disadvantage! Look a kangaskhan, no one use her until she got a mega-evo, now she rocks the game on it's head!

Mega evolve a siczor/Garchomp/Alakazam/Etc and it's just more of the same... I'm doing exactly the last gen strat but now more powerful.... Whoop-de-doo!

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
It's more a thing of different tastes more than anything. Hoenn isn't especially good or bad as a region for me, though personally I hated Johto. Even though I'm not a fan of the pokemon designs of Sinnoh, at least all of the area was well designed and memorable to me.

As for Megas I've never really had a preference as far as what pokemon they gave them too. Never got super into competitive pokemon though I can appreciate using them as a balance tool. Personally I'd love to see more fossil pokemon get megas rather than just Aerodactyl. Mega tyrantrum would be pretty cool.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I like the region of Johto, but there's only a handful of Johto pokemon that I actually like.
Mega(or Primal) Tyrantrum would be all kinds of awesome. I'd love for Arbok or Seviper to get some love, I love them and hate the fact that they suck so bad. Pyroar too. I also wish that some of the Megas were actual permanent evolutions, like Houndoom, or Banette. Mega Heliolisk that made it look like the Dilophosaurus from Jurassic Park would be awesome too.

Anyone else find it neat that Tyrunt was revealed the same week, or even day, that the Jurassic World logo and title were revealed, and then we later find that the shiny color of the Tyrunt line matches the colors used in the logo? Lol.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I like the region of Johto, but there's only a handful of Johto pokemon that I actually like.
Mega(or Primal) Tyrantrum would be all kinds of awesome. I'd love for Arbok or Seviper to get some love, I love them and hate the fact that they suck so bad. Pyroar too. I also wish that some of the Megas were actual permanent evolutions, like Houndoom, or Banette. Mega Heliolisk that made it look like the Dilophosaurus from Jurassic Park would be awesome too.

Anyone else find it neat that Tyrunt was revealed the same week, or even day, that the Jurassic World logo and title were revealed, and then we later find that the shiny color of the Tyrunt line matches the colors used in the logo? Lol.
Tyranitar was by far one of my favorite Pokemon when G/S 1st hit stores (sucks you had to wait untill you get to Mt. Silver to get Larvitar), and was one of the few who could crush Mewtwo with little to no problem (prior to Gen III/IV, when Mewtwo started getting some fighting type moves).

Didn't know about that thanks for the cool find, now I know Tyrunt and Tyrantrum are related to the T-Rex from those movies.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Tyranitar was by far one of my favorite Pokemon when G/S 1st hit stores (sucks you had to wait untill you get to Mt. Silver to get Larvitar), and was one of the few who could crush Mewtwo with little to no problem (prior to Gen III/IV, when Mewtwo started getting some fighting type moves).

Didn't know about that thanks for the cool find, now I know Tyrunt and Tyrantrum are related to the T-Rex from those movies.
Yeah Tyranitar is one of the handful that I like, along with Scizor, Heracross, Houndoom, Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Crobat, and the legendaries, especially Raikou.

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
I agree. I loved G/S/C/HG/SS and the region of Johto, but it has my least favorite Pokemon overall. I am a big fan of Suicune and Lugia though and I also really like the other legendaries, Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Crobat, Heracross, Sneasel, Scizor, Houndoom, and Ampharos.

Gen III and Gen V have my favorite Pokemon designs despite how much hate the latter gets for its inanimate object Pokemon and others.

Igzex

Johto has my favorite batch of Pokemon because of how bizarre a lot of them are. Stuff like Girafarig, Delibird, and Wobbuffet really stand out from all the other Pokemon

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Johto has my favorite batch of Pokemon because of how bizarre a lot of them are. Stuff like Girafarig, Delibird, and Wobbuffet really stand out from all the other Pokemon
I always found it perplexing that it's the tail controlling the body like some sort of meat shield. The blue part of Wobuffet....it isn't even alive....
I guess that explains why it can take so many hits.

Last edited:

Igzex

I don't even know what Wobbuffet is supposed to be. Most Pokemon are clearly based off an animal or object or both while Wobbuffet looks like it was inspired from a fever dream Ken Sugimori had. Especially the female ones that have lipstick for no reason.

And that's why I like Wobuffet.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Gen V gets hate for having ice cream cones, meanwhile Gen II introduces a useless pokemon that is literally letters.

Igzex

Unown is an interesting case of overly simple design where they're kinda thought provoking honestly. They're like, the pokemon version of modern art. Ah who am I kidding Unowns are only good for spelling out obscene messages in your extra PC boxes.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I don't even know what Wobbuffet is supposed to be. Most Pokemon are clearly based off an animal or object or both while Wobbuffet looks like it was inspired from a fever dream Ken Sugimori had. Especially the female ones that have lipstick for no reason.

And that's why I like Wobuffet.
The most reasonable thing I've read regarding Wobbuffet's origins comes from Bulbapedia.
Wobbuffet may be based on the late Japanese comedian 林家三平 Sanpei Hayashiya, who was famous for repeatedly touching his hand to his forehead while saying one of his trademark lines, そうなんす、奥さん sō nansu, okusan, "That's the way it is, ma'am." In addition, its form and available moves may be based on a punching bag; that is, when it is hit, it bounces back. Alternatively, it may be based on the concept of Karma as it can only cause damage if it is attacked first. Wobbuffet may also be based on an Okiagari-koboshi doll, a Japanese traditional doll with squinted eyes that stands back upright when pushed over.

The comedian part makes sense, especially since Wobbuffet's Japanese name means "That's the way it is" or is derived from that.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Mega(or Primal) Tyrantrum would be all kinds of awesome.
Not until we get Mega Dragalge. Tyrantrum is cool and all, and Mega Tyrantrum would be epic, but he just can't compete with Dragalge for my personal favorite Dragon-type. I mean, you're taking my favorite type, Poison, and combining it with an all-around awesome type, Dragon. How could I not like it?
Also, sweet find on the Tyrunt/Jurassic World thing! That's awesome! I'd find it hard to believe if there was absolutely no connection. Maybe we'll see a Pokémon poster with Tyrantrum on it in Jurassic World:p.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Not until we get Mega Dragalge. Tyrantrum is cool and all, and Mega Tyrantrum would be epic, but he just can't compete with Dragalge for my personal favorite Dragon-type. I mean, you're taking my favorite type, Poison, and combining it with an all-around awesome type, Dragon. How could I not like it?
Also, sweet find on the Tyrunt/Jurassic World thing! That's awesome! I'd find it hard to believe if there was absolutely no connection. Maybe we'll see a Pokémon poster with Tyrantrum on it in Jurassic World:p.
I like Dragalge too. Fished up a shiny one, named her Phaedra.

It's probably more a coincidence than anything, but here's some more; Gym leader Grant uses Tyrunt/Amaura and their evolutions exclusively. While his name is likely a play on 'granite', it could also be a shout out to Dr. Grant from Jurassic Park. And Heliolisk, which could be said to resemble the Dilophosaurus, has a shiny palette of yellow, red, and black, the same colors used in the original JP logo.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I bred a Tyrunt that ended up shiny with 5EVs after 150 tries...

And it emerged female.

:|

Still trashed the Champion. :cheep:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I bred a Tyrunt that ended up shiny with 5EVs after 150 tries...

And it emerged female.

:|

Still trashed the Champion. :cheep:
I got my shiny Tyrunt after about 35-40 tries. Nearly gave me a heart attack, lol.

What does it being female have to do with it's ability to trash the champion? A Tyrantrum's a Tyrantrum.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I got my shiny Tyrunt after about 35-40 tries. Nearly gave me a heart attack, lol.

What does it being female have to do with it's ability to trash the champion? A Tyrantrum's a Tyrantrum.
I was expecting male after most of them turned out male. So it being female made my head spin.

Though I got over it. :cheep:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I think I speak for all fellow females when I say...

...lol
True.

also i know it isn't a surprise at this point but

WHY DID YOU LIE TO ME ALL THIS TIME MAKING ME THINK YOU WERE A MAN SPEEDY SPEED

that is all

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
True.

also i know it isn't a surprise at this point but

WHY DID YOU LIE TO ME ALL THIS TIME MAKING ME THINK YOU WERE A MAN SPEEDY SPEED

that is all
....what made you think I was a guy? Oh right...because this is the internet....
It honestly makes sense. .-.
Well...

Top Bottom