• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So guys, there's something I need to share with y'all....
-
-
-

Nintendo Direct - 3/11/15 (Info mainly for US Direct, EU-only info at end)

>Starts off by announcing that new IP Gamefreak is working on with SEGA. Title is "Tropic Adventure". Main character is Elephant called Flopster and he's on a quest to save his home from being oversaturated by a horde of Lions. Think Banjo-Kazooie but without Kazooie and in a 2D perspective. eShop title being released on 3DS and Wii U (Cross-buy like Mario vs Donkey Kong), being released Summer.
>Yoshi's Woolly World info. Story is virtually the same as Epic Yarn with the world being turned into Yarn and junk. Yoshi amiibo unlocks a special world that remakes the first world's levels of the original Yoshi's Island. Game is being released in June, Yoshi amiibo bundle will also be available.
>Wave 5 of Smash Amiibo announced. Dark Pit, Palutena, Bowser Jr, Zero Suit Samus, Greninja and Olimar headline. Release is June 12th.
>Web based eShop being launched on April 9th. Ties into the new Club Ninty replacement in some way.
>Mewtwo DLC shown off, $2.49 if buying off eShop with release of April 9th. Announcement that Smash is getting full-blown DLC like MK8, but since it's not far into development, preorders/screenshots will come Q4 as first pack is scheduled to be ready sometime around March 2016.

>Mario Maker trailer showing off power-ups. All power-ups are compatible with the different art-styles (a Mario Bros 3 hammer suit can be used with the Mario Bros art style, for example). Release is Summer.
>Trailers for Puzzles and Dragons and Xenoblade. Just overview trailers, nothing new.
>Splatoon release date is May 15th. Amiibos unlock costumes for the characters to wear.
>Rhythm Heaven 3DS confirmed for the west. Releasing September.
>Final big announcement is the confirmation of this year's Pokemon games. Pokemon X2/Y2. Takes place 5 years after Pokemon X/Y and Team Flare has been reformed with a new leader. Trailer seems to tease that Xerneas and Yveltal can use Primal Reversion and Zygarde will have a higher importance. Release is Fall, New 3DS will have some enhancements, but the games are not exclusive.

EU info:
>Rusty's Real Deal Baseball is coming over. Being released March 26th.
>Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush is coming out on June 8th.
>Splatoon is being released on May 22nd. A special edition on Nintendo's UK Store will come with a steelbook, a poster and a beanie shaped like a character from the game's hair with the tentacles on each side.
>Gold and Silver Mario amiibos are being released on April 24th. Gold is exclusive to GAME, Silver exclusive to Nintendo's UK Store.
its a 4chan page thing those leaks are all garbage 24/7 (unless that's where the ninka leak came from or should I say where the leaked photos came from.)

if they announce a official Nintendo direct march 11th we will start talking

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
-
-
-

>Starts off by announcing that new IP Gamefreak is working on with SEGA. Title is "Tropic Adventure". Main character is Elephant called Flopster and he's on a quest to save his home from being oversaturated by a horde of Lions. Think Banjo-Kazooie but without Kazooie and in a 2D perspective. eShop title being released on 3DS and Wii U (Cross-buy like Mario vs Donkey Kong), being released Summer.
>Yoshi's Woolly World info. Story is virtually the same as Epic Yarn with the world being turned into Yarn and junk. Yoshi amiibo unlocks a special world that remakes the first world's levels of the original Yoshi's Island. Game is being released in June, Yoshi amiibo bundle will also be available.
>Wave 5 of Smash Amiibo announced. Dark Pit, Palutena, Bowser Jr, Zero Suit Samus, Greninja and Olimar headline. Release is June 12th.
>Web based eShop being launched on April 9th. Ties into the new Club Ninty replacement in some way.
>Mewtwo DLC shown off, $2.49 if buying off eShop with release of April 9th. Announcement that Smash is getting full-blown DLC like MK8, but since it's not far into development, preorders/screenshots will come Q4 as first pack is scheduled to be ready sometime around March 2016.

>Mario Maker trailer showing off power-ups. All power-ups are compatible with the different art-styles (a Mario Bros 3 hammer suit can be used with the Mario Bros art style, for example). Release is Summer.
>Trailers for Puzzles and Dragons and Xenoblade. Just overview trailers, nothing new.
>Splatoon release date is May 15th. Amiibos unlock costumes for the characters to wear.
>Final big announcement is the confirmation of this year's Pokemon games. Pokemon X2/Y2. Takes place 5 years after Pokemon X/Y and Team Flare has been reformed with a new leader. Trailer seems to tease that Xerneas and Yveltal can use Primal Reversion and Zygarde will have a higher importance. Release is Fall, New 3DS will have some enhancements, but the games are not exclusive.

EU info:
>Splatoon is being released on May 22nd. A special edition on Nintendo's UK Store will come with a steelbook, a poster and a beanie shaped like a character from the game's hair with the tentacles on each side.
>Gold and Silver Mario amiibos are being released on April 24th. Gold is exclusive to GAME, Silver exclusive to Nintendo's UK Store.
-Even if Xern/Yveltal were to get new forms, they sure as hell wouldn't be Primal Reversions. And why give them a new form anyway? Does GF want more broken Mega Rayquaza-esque things?

-Q4 until Smash DLC...if it's real, then we have a very long year ahead of us.

-I'd be interested in the June 12th Amiibo release for that wave if it was consistent over here and it were actually real given its my birthday.

That's it, really. Indifferent for now.

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
-
-
-

EU info:
*mewtwo hype intensifies*

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
-
-
-

EU info:
I want to believe this so bad. IT'S SO AMAZING! I've been waiting forever for Mario Maker info, and the Splatoon info is awesome, too! Naturally, Mewtwo is the main event, and I couldn't be more excited, assuming this it true! I wonder what they'll show us. I'm mostly interested in his Final Smash, voice, and any move that they changed. Customs would be nice to know, but I don't care too much about them at this point. The full-blown DLC for Smash 4 is great, too! If this is true, I'll be interested in what they have in store. Stages and characters, probably veterans, are pretty much a given, but I'd be interested in what newcomers they've selected, if any.
Also, I don't think it's that weird that Xerneas and Yveltal are getting Primal Reversions, assuming the leak is true. They represent life and death, literally one of the oldest concepts ever, and, like most Legendary Pokémon, they've existed for an extremely long time. Also, isn't their age explicitly mentioned and referenced in-game? I'm pretty sure that the Lysandre Machine was created to harness the power of Xerneas or Yveltal, so they must be at least 1,000 years old, since the Machine was created before or during the Great War. It just doesn't surprise me at all, personally.
Finally, let's not forget that Smash 4's final roster was leaked on 4chan, so they're not completely unreliable. That said, it's still a sketchy source for a leak for a game as big as Smash, especially for a text-only leak like this one...

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
If it's true and we're getting DLC in 2016, Mewtwo will keep me tided over until then. It's not like Smash games get stale after a single year, anyway.

Also, just got my CD today.

Last edited:

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
I would love to believe this leak. But, I still feel like smash DLC will be something they'll hold till E3. Hope I'm wrong.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Look, I'll make my own leak. It's easy.

>There's going to be a surprise Pokemon-themed Direct tomorrow. It'll be unannounced and half an hour long, much like the Tomodachi life Direct.
>Starts off with a teaser trailer revealing Pokemon Z.
>Two new Zygarde forms teased. Information on how it takes on this forms is secret.
>Plot revolves around Team Flare trying to harness the power of both Yveltal and Xerneas to power the ancient machine.
>A post-game story much like the Delta Episode will be featured in the game. It will revolve around Zinnia, Lysandre, AZ, AZ's Floette and Mewtwo.
>Mega Mewtwo Z confirmed. It's a Psychic/Dark type and is described to be completely ruthless.
>A special Mew with the moves Geomancy, Oblivion Wing, Land's Wrath, and Psystrike is confirmed to be distributed through Mystery Gift as soon as the Direct is over.
>Smash Bros trailer at the end featuring Mewtwo. It's moveset seems to be mostly the same as before, and Disable and Confusion seem to have been buffed considerably. Mewtwo uses it's Final Smash at the end, where it Mega Evolves into Mega Mewtwo Z and blast its opponent in a cinematic cutscene(much like Captain Falcon's) with what appears to be Psystrike, then it reverts back to normal.

It took me less then 10 minutes to think and type this all up. Anyone can do it.

I actually really want this all to happen, dang it. Geomancy Mew would be awesome.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962

>There's going to be a surprise Pokemon-themed Direct tomorrow. It'll be unannounced and half an hour long, much like the Tomodachi life Direct.
>Two new Zygarde forms teased. Information on how it takes on this forms is secret.
>Plot revolves around Team Flare trying to harness the power of both Yveltal and Xerneas to power the ancient machine.
>A post-game story much like the Delta Episode will be featured in the game. It will revolve around Zinnia, Lysandre, AZ, AZ's Floette and Mewtwo.
>Mega Mewtwo Z confirmed. It's a Psychic/Dark type and is described to be completely ruthless.
>A special Mew with the moves Geomancy, Oblivion Wing, Land's Wrath, and Psystrike is confirmed to be distributed through Mystery Gift as soon as the Direct is over.
>Smash Bros trailer at the end featuring Mewtwo. It's moveset seems to be mostly the same as before, and Disable and Confusion seem to have been buffed considerably. Mewtwo uses it's Final Smash at the end, where it Mega Evolves into Mega Mewtwo Z and blast its opponent in a cinematic cutscene(much like Captain Falcon's) with what appears to be Psystrike, then it reverts back to normal.

It took me less then 10 minutes to think and type this all up. Anyone can do it.

I actually really want this all to happen, dang it. Geomancy Mew would be awesome.
That Mew would be the most OP thing ever!

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101

Psychic/Dark sounds cool, but I personally think that it's one awful type combination. I know it that that it probably sounds like it should technically nullify a lot of stuff, but all it really seems to do is make stuff worse. Mewtwo is now damaged normally by a whole bunch of stuff, he has a 4x weakness to Bug and a 2x weakness to fairy, and he has no resistances. The only plus-side I see to this is his immunity to Psychic.
I personally think Psychic/Steel would be a lot better. He's resistant to a ton of types, with a 1/4 resistance to Psychic, he's immune to the Poison-type, which it makes it rather difficult to Poison him, and he has four 2x weaknesses to Ground, Ghost, Fire and Dark. While he does gain two 2x weaknesses compared to Psychic/Dark, it's worth mentioning that he could steamroll any Dark-type with Aura Sphere, though I suppose the same could be said about Bug-types and Flamethrower. Also, he's gaining a 1/4 resistance to Psychic to compensate for his extra weaknesses, and a 4x weakness combined with a 2x weakness could be considered harsher than four 2x weaknesses. And, he has what I would consider a more valuable immunity, since it becomes very difficult to inflict Poison on Mewtwo.
Of course, it really just all comes down to personal preference, so this is just my opinion. I personally consider this to be the best type combination for the hypothetical Mega Mewtwo Z, but it’s totally fine that you think another would be the best. Also, if Mega Mewtwo Z were to become a reality, then I think its ability should be Adaptability, just to make him more powerful than ever.:p Sheer force, y’know?
Also, your idea for an event Mew’s moves are awesome!

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
If there was an event Mewtwo with those moves, it would be even more awesome!

Smashbro596

Smash Ace

MAYBE its the fact that were so dry for mewtwo news any leak, fake or otherwise would be a breath of fresh air for discussion. so really im not gonna castrate the post about the mewtwo in Wednesdays direct if it is proven fake.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
MAYBE its the fact that were so dry for mewtwo news any leak, fake or otherwise would be a breath of fresh air for discussion. so really im not gonna castrate the post about the mewtwo in Wednesdays direct if it is proven fake.
Do we even know if there's a direct on Wednesday besides from this supposed leak?

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
Do we even know if there's a direct on Wednesday besides from this supposed leak?
nope. but imma still be hopeful. because being optomistic in the bleakest times is what got me through when we all but thought mewtwo was scrapped again. i was one of the people who held onto mewtwo to the bitter end. and then was surprised in the most awesome way.
maybe im straw-grasping. but this is the first bit of news (real or otherwise) that says more than "hey! mewtwos in the game! buy both games and get him free!!!" and the fact that if it is fake someone actually put this together to give us something to talk about deserves a pat on the back in my book.
so. yeah. imma be optomistic here.
*wears blue lantern ring*

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
*wears blue lantern ring*
Can I get 1 too? (I do have a Green Lantern t-shirt somewhere).

I hope the rumored leak regarding more Smash DLC after Mewtwo, most of it is for the Wii U, while the 3DS gets a stage (since there's a missing spot at the bottom of the stage select screen) and whatever characters (vets or newcomers) they have planned for both versions, and the eshop price for Mewtwo (if the rumors are true) is well worth the price.

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
Can I get 1 too? (I do have a Green Lantern t-shirt somewhere).
I hope the rumored leak regarding more Smash DLC after Mewtwo, most of it is for the Wii U, while the 3DS gets a stage (since there's a missing spot at the bottom of the stage select screen) and whatever characters (vets or newcomers) they have planned for both versions, and the eshop price for Mewtwo (if the rumors are true) is well worth the price.
sure buddy! *gives you one* its stronger around a green lantern :3

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Mewtwo Z were to become a reality, then I think its ability should be Adaptability, just to make him more powerful than ever.:p Sheer force, y’know?
Why not pull a Mega Rayquaza and give him the most OP ability ever? I dunno what that ability should be, but whatever it is, it's gotta be broken in some way.
Anyway, I chose Psychic/Dark for thematic reasons. Pokedex descriptions always describe it to have a savage heart and whatever, and the steel type just wouldn't make sense for Mewtwo.

Besides, Psychic/Dark has some pretty decent neutral coverage. Not ideal, but decent.
Also, your idea for an event Mew’s moves are awesome!
Mew @ Power Herb
Nature/Evs: *Too lazy to actually figure out the best ones right now*
-Geomancy
-Psystrike
-Baton Pass
-Aura Sphere/Substitute/Recover

....I need to stop daydreaming now.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Why not pull a Mega Rayquaza and give him the most OP ability ever? I dunno what that ability should be, but whatever it is, it's gotta be broken in some way.
Anyway, I chose Psychic/Dark for thematic reasons. Pokedex descriptions always describe it to have a savage heart and whatever, and the steel type just wouldn't make sense for Mewtwo.

Besides, Psychic/Dark has some pretty decent neutral coverage. Not ideal, but decent.

Mew @ Power Herb
Nature/Evs: *Too lazy to actually figure out the best ones right now*
-Geomancy
-Psystrike
-Baton Pass
-Aura Sphere/Substitute/Recover

....I need to stop daydreaming now.
Oblivion Wing would be a fine substitute for Recover because it would heal a lot of health after +2 Sp Attack. It could either go Timid or Modest, and I would at least give 252 in Sp Attack and Speed with the last 6 in either HP or one of the defenses.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
+2 speed is just so fast I think we can afford to go modest and cut some EVs in speed and move them to HP. I'm just to lazy to check the speed tiers for what's nothing but a hypothetical set.
I considered Oblivion Wing. I think it could work.

godogod

Smash Ace
this 4chan "leak" is bull**** for at least two reasons. For one, Nintendo announces big directs at least a week before they show up. Two, announcing dlc a year before it comes out is stupid.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm not defending this "leak" but.
this 4chan "leak" is bull**** for at least two reasons. For one, Nintendo announces big directs at least a week before they show up.
This is extremely false. There have been many instances in which they announce the Direct the day before.
Two, announcing dlc a year before it comes out is stupid.
It's stupid, but it's just like something Nintendo would do.

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
I'm not defending this "leak" but.This is extremely false. There have been many instances in which they announce the Direct the day before.
It's stupid, but it's just like something Nintendo would do.
besides a lot of this *SOUNDS* legit. im just drooling at potential footage of mewtwo in smash.
makes this mew a happy one :3
besides, they announced mewtwo a quarter of a year before its release.... when we all thought he was just scrapped..... announcing dlc for smash a long time before we actually get it sounds right up nintendos ally.
also if anyone sees my twin not-shiny sister pop out of a master ball, give her my regards :3

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101

That's very true. And I totally see where you're coming from with the Dark-typing. It makes a lot more sense than Steel, I guess.
Anyway, typing aside, allow me to pull out an idea so OP and broken that it bans Mewtwo to the Mega Rayquaza tier, maybe even higher. And that idea is...

LAST RESORT: Mewtwo's Special Attack stat doubles after losing half of his maximum HP (Yellow zone), and it triples once he has less than 1/5 of his maximum HP remaining (Red zone).

For reference, Mega Mewtwo Z's hypothetical Base Stat Total would look like this:

HP: 106
Attack: 120
Defense: 110
Special Attack: 204
Special Defense: 110
Speed: 130
BST: 780

That means he has 204 at the start of the battle, an already ridiculous amount in its own right, and then that changes to 408 once he loses half of his maximum HP, and if that wasn't OP enough, that becomes 612 once he has 1/5 left.

Welcome to the Hell tier. Population: Mega Mewtwo Z.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
That's very true. And I totally see where you're coming from with the Dark-typing. It makes a lot more sense than Steel, I guess.
Anyway, typing aside, allow me to pull out an idea so OP and broken that it bans Mewtwo to the Mega Rayquaza tier, maybe even higher. And that idea is...

LAST RESORT: Mewtwo's Special Attack stat doubles after losing half of his maximum HP (Yellow zone), and it triples once he has less than 1/5 of his maximum HP remaining (Red zone).

For reference, Mega Mewtwo Z's hypothetical Base Stat Total would look like this:

HP: 106
Attack: 120
Defense: 110
Special Attack: 204
Special Defense: 110
Speed: 130
BST: 780

That means he has 204 at the start of the battle, an already ridiculous amount in its own right, and then that changes to 408 once he loses half of his maximum HP, and if that wasn't OP enough, that becomes 612 once he has 1/5 left.

Welcome to the Hell tier. Population: Mega Mewtwo Z.
Give the 10 points to Speed instead of Attack, and have it so he needs a new Psychic attack that's 150BP and 100% accuracy to mega evolve instead of a mega stone, then he'd have a chance against Mega Rayquaza.

Edit: And have his ability also negate the effects of foe's ability.

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I understand that this leak is likely BS, but why exactly is Xerneas and Yveltal getting Primals instead of Megas hard to believe? They're avatars of life and death, probably as old as Dialga, Palkia and Giratina. Yveltal is explicitly stated to be reborn every time it dies. Sounds much more ancient and 'primal' to me.

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
I understand that this leak is likely BS, but why exactly is Xerneas and Yveltal getting Primals instead of Megas hard to believe? They're avatars of life and death, probably as old as Dialga, Palkia and Giratina. Yveltal is explicitly stated to be reborn every time it dies. Sounds much more ancient and 'primal' to me.
I dont get it either, I'm not believing any of it simply because there's no evidence to prove that its not fake. I mean anyone can type out a fake leak so I have more reasons not to believe it.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
They become a tree or cocoon respectively. While I can't say much about a tree, I find it hard to believe something much stronger would go into a cocoon state to become much weaker.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I guess I have a hard time seeing primals as anything but a Kyogre/Groudon gimmick, kind of like how Kyurem is the only pokemon who can fuse.

Heck, even Rayquaza doesn't have a primal.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Although what item would Dialga/Palkia/Giratina hold to become Primal? They already have the Orbs, and Giratina's Orb changes its form outright...

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Although what item would Dialga/Palkia/Giratina hold to become Primal? They already have the Orbs, and Giratina's Orb changes its form outright...
Maybe they'll just have Mega Stones.
I mean, Latios and Latias have the Soul Dew as well as their own Mega Stones.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
The Adamant and Lustrous orbs could function as Dialga/Palkia's primal stones, much like the Red and Blue orbs functioned as Kyogre/Groudon's. It's interesting that Rayquaza didn't get a Primal, seeing as the Jade orb is a thing. ORAS sequels, anyone?

Giratina could just get a new orb, or just transform with a move or something.

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
The Adamant and Lustrous orbs could function as Dialga/Palkia's primal stones, much like the Red and Blue orbs functioned as Kyogre/Groudon's. It's interesting that Rayquaza didn't get a Primal, seeing as the Jade orb is a thing. ORAS sequels, anyone?

Giratina could just get a new orb, or just transform with a move or something.
rayquaza can mega evolve without mega stones. why would it need a jade orb?

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
I want the weather trio to mega evolve into not existing. Especially Rayquaza.

Last edited:
Top Bottom