• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Hey guys. Been following the Mewtwo thread for a while now but haven't posted anything.

Thought you might be interested to know there is going to be a Xenoblade Chronicles X Nintendo Direct this week. Do you think we might see some Mewtwo?
No.
Xenoblade stuff only.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Hey guys. Been following the Mewtwo thread for a while now but haven't posted anything.

Thought you might be interested to know there is going to be a Xenoblade Chronicles X Nintendo Direct this week. Do you think we might see some Mewtwo?
It's called the Xenoblade Chronicles X Direct for a reason.

Because it's focused on XCX.

Which means it's very likely to only feature XCX.

So no Mewtwo.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Plus it seems like it's only Japanese only. Here's hoping a full out Nintendo direct comes out next week/week after that.

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok

Well seeing as Mewtwo has nothing to do with Xenoblade, I doubt we'll get any info on Mewtwo but who knows.

Spatman

Smash Ace
yeah its great to see gamefreak doing something besides pokemon (eventhough I love pokemon) but it has nothing to do with mewtwo that we know of yet
Gamefreak already did some other games that are not pokèmon-related. If nobody remembers them, there will be a reason :estatic:

M24S4

Smash Cadet
Greninja has his shiny...
View attachment 41409
Not completely accurate, but clearly a callback to the shiny.

As for Lucario, idk why they only used shades of blue and purple for his alts.
Yes i know that, but like u said it's "only" similar and i can't understand why they didn't make a full version, i mean in fact it is an official version and IMO as worthy as the normal one..
Anyways i still like the form in smash and don't want to criticise the developers for such small things, i was just wondering :)

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
"Speaking of people who have Future Sight here's a preview of how Mewtwo is remade for Super Smash Bros! Her future sight attack is her new down b...counter. They're easy to program ok?"

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler

nah i think that might hurt his chances of being shown in a direct though

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Greninja's dark purple alt and Charizard's blue alt look shiny on dark stages :p
I don't know why Lucario didn't get his, but why does everyone forget that he did get two cool green ones and a sweet grey? They aren't ALL blue.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Greninja's dark purple alt and Charizard's blue alt look shiny on dark stages :p
I don't know why Lucario didn't get his, but why does everyone forget that he did get two cool green ones and a sweet grey? They aren't ALL blue.
Oh yeah, I haven't looked his alts or played as him in a while. The green and grey/black are actually my favorite palettes to use smh. So yeah, no excuse for no shiny GameFreak -_-
EDIT: Sakurai/Dev team not GameFreak. Sorry about that lol

Last edited:

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
I didn't forget its just I don't use those colors, I dont think green looks good on Lucario and I dont know why they gave him two different versions of green. Also the grey furred Lucario is gone, we got a faded light blue which is still a shade of blue. (unless you're referring to the black furred Lucario, thats black which I will admit is awesome) I dont understand why they cant make red team lucario a solid red instead of purplish but its not a huge deal, I'm just glad he's in the game in the first place.

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I didn't forget its just I don't use those colors, I dont think green looks good on Lucario and I dont know why they gave him two different versions of green. Also the grey furred Lucario is gone, we got a faded light blue which is still a shade of blue. (unless you're referring to the black furred Lucario, thats black which I will admit is awesome) I dont understand why they cant make red team lucario a solid red instead of purplish but its not a huge deal, I'm just glad he's in the game in the first place.
I agree, I loved his red alt in Brawl (it had a smoked blue look to it) and didn't mind his original green alt as well (was kinda surprised they renamed that color's alt to teal for this game which it kinda is on the outside body but the middle is still green (same deal with his red alt), and speaking of the white/grey Lucario alt from Brawl it's still in the game as the light blue alt you mentioned (it's white looking on the 3DS version while the Wii U version gets the light blue look).

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
To be fair, Greninja was added to Smash 4 extremely early in Pokémon X/Y's development, so it's possible that his original Shiny concept was the one that his black palette swap was based on. Sakurai and the devs may not have gotten a chance to switch his black palette to match his final Shiny coloration.
I do find the lack of some of the other Pokémon's Shiny palettes strange, though. Of course, I don't think it's anything worth complaining over, and I don't really care about it very much, to be honest.

Spatman

Smash Ace
actually I am really sorry that blackzard isn't here. That colour is so cool and badass that I would have choosen charizard as my submain, if it there were

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
So guys, there's something I need to share with y'all....
-
-
-

Nintendo Direct - 3/11/15 (Info mainly for US Direct, EU-only info at end)

>Starts off by announcing that new IP Gamefreak is working on with SEGA. Title is "Tropic Adventure". Main character is Elephant called Flopster and he's on a quest to save his home from being oversaturated by a horde of Lions. Think Banjo-Kazooie but without Kazooie and in a 2D perspective. eShop title being released on 3DS and Wii U (Cross-buy like Mario vs Donkey Kong), being released Summer.
>Yoshi's Woolly World info. Story is virtually the same as Epic Yarn with the world being turned into Yarn and junk. Yoshi amiibo unlocks a special world that remakes the first world's levels of the original Yoshi's Island. Game is being released in June, Yoshi amiibo bundle will also be available.
>Wave 5 of Smash Amiibo announced. Dark Pit, Palutena, Bowser Jr, Zero Suit Samus, Greninja and Olimar headline. Release is June 12th.
>Web based eShop being launched on April 9th. Ties into the new Club Ninty replacement in some way.
>Mewtwo DLC shown off, $2.49 if buying off eShop with release of April 9th. Announcement that Smash is getting full-blown DLC like MK8, but since it's not far into development, preorders/screenshots will come Q4 as first pack is scheduled to be ready sometime around March 2016.

>Mario Maker trailer showing off power-ups. All power-ups are compatible with the different art-styles (a Mario Bros 3 hammer suit can be used with the Mario Bros art style, for example). Release is Summer.
>Trailers for Puzzles and Dragons and Xenoblade. Just overview trailers, nothing new.
>Splatoon release date is May 15th. Amiibos unlock costumes for the characters to wear.
>Rhythm Heaven 3DS confirmed for the west. Releasing September.
>Final big announcement is the confirmation of this year's Pokemon games. Pokemon X2/Y2. Takes place 5 years after Pokemon X/Y and Team Flare has been reformed with a new leader. Trailer seems to tease that Xerneas and Yveltal can use Primal Reversion and Zygarde will have a higher importance. Release is Fall, New 3DS will have some enhancements, but the games are not exclusive.

EU info:
>Rusty's Real Deal Baseball is coming over. Being released March 26th.
>Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush is coming out on June 8th.
>Splatoon is being released on May 22nd. A special edition on Nintendo's UK Store will come with a steelbook, a poster and a beanie shaped like a character from the game's hair with the tentacles on each side.
>Gold and Silver Mario amiibos are being released on April 24th. Gold is exclusive to GAME, Silver exclusive to Nintendo's UK Store.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
>Mewtwo DLC shown off, $2.49 if buying off eShop with release of April 9th. Announcement that Smash is getting full-blown DLC like MK8, but since it's not far into development, preorders/screenshots will come Q4 as first pack is scheduled to be ready sometime around March 2016.
April 9th is my birthday.:bee:

No, but seriously, where did all this come from? I go by false unless proven true, so I'm skeptical but if it's a solid source I'd believe it a little more.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
-
-
-

>Starts off by announcing that new IP Gamefreak is working on with SEGA. Title is "Tropic Adventure". Main character is Elephant called Flopster and he's on a quest to save his home from being oversaturated by a horde of Lions. Think Banjo-Kazooie but without Kazooie and in a 2D perspective. eShop title being released on 3DS and Wii U (Cross-buy like Mario vs Donkey Kong), being released Summer.
>Yoshi's Woolly World info. Story is virtually the same as Epic Yarn with the world being turned into Yarn and junk. Yoshi amiibo unlocks a special world that remakes the first world's levels of the original Yoshi's Island. Game is being released in June, Yoshi amiibo bundle will also be available.
>Wave 5 of Smash Amiibo announced. Dark Pit, Palutena, Bowser Jr, Zero Suit Samus, Greninja and Olimar headline. Release is June 12th.
>Web based eShop being launched on April 9th. Ties into the new Club Ninty replacement in some way.

>Mario Maker trailer showing off power-ups. All power-ups are compatible with the different art-styles (a Mario Bros 3 hammer suit can be used with the Mario Bros art style, for example). Release is Summer.
>Trailers for Puzzles and Dragons and Xenoblade. Just overview trailers, nothing new.
>Splatoon release date is May 15th. Amiibos unlock costumes for the characters to wear.
>Final big announcement is the confirmation of this year's Pokemon games. Pokemon X2/Y2. Takes place 5 years after Pokemon X/Y and Team Flare has been reformed with a new leader. Trailer seems to tease that Xerneas and Yveltal can use Primal Reversion and Zygarde will have a higher importance. Release is Fall, New 3DS will have some enhancements, but the games are not exclusive.

EU info:
>Splatoon is being released on May 22nd. A special edition on Nintendo's UK Store will come with a steelbook, a poster and a beanie shaped like a character from the game's hair with the tentacles on each side.
>Gold and Silver Mario amiibos are being released on April 24th. Gold is exclusive to GAME, Silver exclusive to Nintendo's UK Store.
Source? Or is it just a prediction?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
To be fair, Greninja was added to Smash 4 extremely early in Pokémon X/Y's development, so it's possible that his original Shiny concept was the one that his black palette swap was based on. Sakurai and the devs may not have gotten a chance to switch his black palette to match his final Shiny coloration.
I can't imagine a pallet swap would be that extremely difficult to make.
It's not even a brand new texture, it's just a different color.
So they have an Eshop release date already, even though people who bought both versions are supposed to get it first?
If this is true, when will we be getting it then? When the Direct is over or something?
This doesn't seem right to me.
Trailer seems to tease that Xerneas and Yveltal can use Primal Reversion
....Okay, now I'm absolutely convinced this leak is fake.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Biggest thing that makes me think the leak is fake is Xerneas and Yveltal getting primal forms instead of mega evolutions. It made more sense for Kyogre and Groudon.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I wouldn't believe it even if those two got Megas instead of primal forms.
I feel like that if they have any gimmick, it'll just be a smaller part of Zygarde's gimmick. Like Zekrom/Reshiram with Kyurem in B2W2.

Last edited:

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
-
-
-

EU info:
I would like a source please, I've been skeptical towards every Mewtwo "leak" so far, they all turned out to be fake. (except the Mewtwo dl I could've sworn the upcoming Direct was all about XCX. So until I have solid evidence, I shall deem this leak, fake. I mean wasn't there a fake leak for the last Nintendo Direct saying that they were going to cover Mewtwo dlc? (and they never did)

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Oh, 4chan.
That site has a long history of fake leaks made for attention.

D

Deleted member

Biggest thing that makes me think the leak is fake is Xerneas and Yveltal getting primal forms instead of mega evolutions. It made more sense for Kyogre and Groudon.
But what if we're getting their Tree/Coccoon forms? :troll:

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
That's what I was thinking. If we do get a direct announcement for the 11th, then this thing has a lot going for it almost instantly.

The most exciting thing for me, will be the simple fact that we will be getting DLC. It may be a while, but it's way better than never.

Last edited:

M24S4

Smash Cadet
Maby there will be a direct on wednesday but with not exactly that content.. i think we also had a prediction about the last direct, which was partly wrong, but also had some true stuff in it
$2.49 for mewtwo seems a bit low, i mean for nearly 6 month of work. And i think mewtwo is handled as a test subject as i remember, so i doubt they would "blow it up" with dlcs (or having their plans already) by now
But as for the date, i thought for myself that next week could be something good, maby there is also just a bit more to come for mario party 10

Smog Frog

Smash Lord

Charizard's Shiny Sprite (Gen II)

Bottom right corner = Old Shiny Coloration

Sakurai and the team didn't forget about it, in fact, the green coloration of the wings confirms that this is, in fact, the old shiny. The only reason they didn't use BlackZard is because of Charizard X.
thats not his shiny form thats ridley :yeahboi:

C3CC

Smash Lord
-
-
-

EU info:
This all looks so believable it makes me anxious to know if it's true or not.

HHHHHHHNNNNNNGGGGGG

Top Bottom