• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Mc Mew

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mc_Mew
uggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh come on digital calender hit 4/15/2015 its a shame im more patient for my 20th birthday

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Bruh the initial wave of Mewtwo's gonna straight up annihilate us like
MEWTWOMOARHYPEOMG.png

Last edited:

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Bruh the initial wave of Mewtwo's gonna straight up annihilate us like
View attachment 47423
This is hilarious, we're only 40 minutes on Tuesday and this already made my day.

I can't believe it, Mewtwo finally returning to Smash after 7 years. As someone who mains Mewtwo in Melee, these next few hours will be agonizing, but they will be so worth it one the legend strikes back (pun intended)

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
You should be getting the codes before us in PST right? Or did that change? If not, then you better let us know as soon as you get your get your codes :)
I'll be at work, but I'll be checking my email during break! :D If I do get an email in that time, I'll screenshot it on my phone and show you guys. :D

Someone mentioned this earlier on gamefaqs... It's quite possible that Japan will get it first tomorrow at 11am eastern time( 8am pacific) at the earliest, since they are 16 hours ahead of us. I wonder if they will.

I also wonder if ithe codes and the patch will be released at 12am in the first place.. Didn't past code distributions take days to get to everyone(talking about smash demo and other things)
Japan is literally half hour behind us. It's 2.26pm here now, there it's 1.56pm.

Last edited:

xxCelestialGuardianxx

Smash Rookie
Wednesday is so close, yet seems to be so far..

I would spontaneously combust right now if the codes were sent out early o.o
But then again, I have to wait until the 28 in order to get Mewtwo for the WII U. But i'm just glad Mewtwo is even in this game :)

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
Wednesday is so close, yet seems to be so far..

I would spontaneously combust right now if the codes were sent out early o.o
But then again, I have to wait until the 28 in order to get Mewtwo for the WII U. But i'm just glad Mewtwo is even in this game :)
Waiting till tomorrow is hard enough, I couldn't even begin to imagine waiting until the 28th D:

Kudos to you!

Mc Mew

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mc_Mew
I'll be at work, but I'll be checking my email during break! :D If I do get an email in that time, I'll screenshot it on my phone and show you guys. :D

Japan is literally half hour behind us. It's 2.26pm here now, there it's 1.56pm.
show us it after you use it

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
If my theory stands correct then codes will be sent worldwide at the same time. Which would mean Metros won't get codes for about 20-25 more hours.

Let's see if my theory does in fact prove to be true.

Mc Mew

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mc_Mew
1:07 am where im at come on time go by quicker i hate those days that fly by but when you want time to fly by it doesnt

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
You lucky fellas... it's not even the 14th over here yet... need 1 hour 47 minutes more!!!

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I really want to receive Mewtwo early.
Wait, how many hours till it's the 15th in Japan? I suppose we could get codes at that time...

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
One question, what happened to tournament mode, it hasn't been mentioned since the smash direct, same with the Miiverse stage and tourneys.

at least tournament should be done by now.

tourneys and Miiverse are understandable to take atleast till E3

Danpal65

Smash Lord
If my theory stands correct then codes will be sent worldwide at the same time. Which would mean Metros won't get codes for about 20-25 more hours.

Theres one thing I don't like about your theory... It would mean I would spend most of tomorrow (the 15th) waiting for Mewtwo! I know the wait has been huge, but even longer to match up timezones is going to be painful.

Oh well, we get him when we get him, and when we do it will be LEGENDARY!

One question, what happened to tournament mode, it hasn't been mentioned since the smash direct, same with the Miiverse stage and tourneys.

at least tournament should be done by now.

tourneys and Miiverse are understandable to take atleast till E3
I would have liked to have heard about that by now really. Especially tournament mode. I'm just assuming they will have some kind of Smash section for E3, or maybe a Smash specific direct in May or something.

Last edited by a moderator:

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Late night Mewtwo Madness and musical theater insanity spawned this variation on Les Mis (Les Miis? Les Mews?)

One day more
Another day, another destiny
This never-ending road to DLC
These men who work for Nintendo
Will free our main from long ago
One day more

I did not think I'd see this day
How can I wait to see this day through?
(One day more)
Tomorrow we will get to play
In Super Smash Bros with our Mewtwo

One more day all on my own
(Will we get the buffs we want?)
One more day without my favorite
(This is all our dreams come true)
This is the life I have known
(And we swear we'll rep Mewtwo)
But it's coming to an end

One more day before the storm
(Do I stay up for the codes?)
At the Final Destination
(Shall I join the Smashers there?)
When our ranks begin to form
(Do I sleep, do I dare?)
Will you take your place with me?

The time...is now...Mewtwo...is here!
One day more!

One more day till buffed Confusion,
Improved jabs, and faster Dairs
I will battle in For Glory
Crushing all opposing players!

Watch 'em run amok
That's game, set, and match
It's a whole new meta
with a balance patch
Here a little nerf
There a little buff
No one knows what's what
and finding out is tough

One day to a new beginning
(Raise the flag of Spoon Swords high)
Every 'mon will be a king
(Every 'mon will be a king)
There are tourneys for the winning
(There are tourneys to be won)
Do you hear the Smashers sing?

My choice
Is clear
I main
MEWTWO

ONE DAY MORE

(Everyone sing counterpoint!)

Tomorrow isn't far away
Tomorrow is the judgment day
Tomorrow we'll discover what One Hundred Fifty has in store
One more dawn
One more day
ONE DAY MORE

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
It's currently 6:00 PM in Japan, 8 more hours until it's the 15th.

I think we won't be receiving any codes for the next 20 hours. By we I mean no one, not even Japan or AU. But if we all received it early it would also fit into my theory. Hopefully we do receive them as early as possible.

Theres one thing I don't like about your theory... It would mean I would spend most of tomorrow (the 15th) waiting for Mewtwo! I know the wait has been huge, but even longer to match up timezones is going to be painful.

Oh well, we get him when we get him, and when we do it will be LEGENDARY!

I would have liked to have heard about that by now really. Especially tournament mode. I'm just assuming they will have some kind of Smash section for E3, or maybe a Smash specific direct in May or something.

You already have to wait anyways. The patch is already confirmed to be late at night for AU and Japan. Even if you get the code right now, you can't download Mewtwo until he is actually patched into the game. That's the confirmed part, the patch, the part that says you have to wait.

My theory is that if Nintendo is making you wait, it's probably for a reason. If my theory is incorrect it just means Nintendo made you wait an extra 14-17 hours for nothing, nil, zitch, nada.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Just to be clear. The patch is in 26:30 hours. No one will receive Mewtwo before he is actually patched into the game. So the earliest anyone will get Mewtwo is 26:30 hours.

Right now everyone is just waiting to get the codes so that they can download Mewtwo immediately after he's released (in 26:30 hours).

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Just to be clear. The patch is in 26:30 hours. No one will receive Mewtwo before he is actually patched into the game. So the earliest anyone will get Mewtwo is 26:30 hours.

Right now everyone is just waiting to get the codes so that they can download Mewtwo immediately after he's released (in 26:30 hours).
26:30 hours?
Does that mean we have to wait till...4:00 AM EST tomorrow?! ;~;

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
26:30 hours?
Does that mean we have to wait till...4:00 AM EST the day after tomorrow?! ;~;
Yes, that's when the patch hits. But 4 AM is really early in the 15th. Japan technically has to wait until 5:30 PM for the patch. Even if they get the codes early they'll just be waiting for the E-Shop to allow them to buy Mewtwo.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Yes, that's when the patch hits. But 4 AM is really early in the 15th. Japan technically has to wait until 5:30 PM for the patch. Even if they get the codes early they'll just be waiting for the E-Shop to allow them to buy Mewtwo.
Welp, if this is the case...I guess I'll be falling asleep. lol
But only because I have to work that night...

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727

Pardon my ignorance, I haven't been keeping up with the theories, but wouldn't it make more sense to have the downloads arrive earlier in certain parts of the world? I would think it would help with the download times and prevent servers from crashing.

OH and by the way guys, anyone else wonder if Mewtwo will make a cameo in this "battle of the legendaries" movie? For the first time since the first Pokemon movie I'm actually excited to see one - it looks EPIC! (Though odds are slim due to Mew and Mewtwo being featured in other movies already, but wow would that make this movie even more amazing!)

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Pardon my ignorance, I haven't been keeping up with the theories, but wouldn't it make more sense to have the downloads arrive earlier in certain parts of the world? I would think it would help with the download times and prevent servers from crashing.
It would, but it was confirmed to not be that way already. My theory isn't about when Mewtwo will be available for download, Nintendo already confirmed the patch to be released worldwide at the same time. Unless Nintendo patches the game twice in one day (which is possible, but I doubt they will) then it's safe to say that patch will be the one to add Mewtwo to the game (since he needs to be added into the game).

My theory was about when the codes will be mailed. Since everyone is getting the patch at the same time my theory was that they're sending the codes at the same time too, otherwise it would make even less sense for Nintendo to mail codes early for Japan only to make it painfully obvious that they need to wait until US gets the patch too. It would make more sense if they mail all codes for all regions close to patch time.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
It's currently 6:00 PM in Japan, 8 more hours until it's the 15th.

I think we won't be receiving any codes for the next 20 hours. By we I mean no one, not even Japan or AU. But if we all received it early it would also fit into my theory. Hopefully we do receive them as early as possible.

You already have to wait anyways. The patch is already confirmed to be late at night for AU and Japan. Even if you get the code right now, you can't download Mewtwo until he is actually patched into the game. That's the confirmed part, the patch, the part that says you have to wait.

My theory is that if Nintendo is making you wait, it's probably for a reason. If my theory is incorrect it just means Nintendo made you wait an extra 14-17 hours for nothing, nil, zitch, nada.
Ummmm.... Hello?

How can it be 6:00PM in Japan when Australia is 1 hour ahead of them and its not even 7:00PM?

Its only 4:00PM here. That means its 3:00PM in Japan.

Last edited:
Top Bottom