• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Altair357

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Altair357
3DS FC
5284-1411-2846
Soooo...wait... this patch is at 4am EST, right? PDT is 3 hours before EST. But the codes are being sent 17 hours later or something? Huh? Smash 3ds came out midnight for me, what's the deal with this update? Should I stay up tomorrow or nah?
Yes, of course you should stay up.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I think I'm not going to stay up late, I'm just going to wake up early.

I mean, I usually stay up late, but all the way to one in the morning is pushing it.
I'll just go to bed early and then wake up early, download the patch first thing, and then check to see if I've gotten the download code yet.

Then I'll play it before class and during lunch at school. My bus gets there a whole hour early, so I'll have time to give the psychic mutant a try once I get there.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
So not to scare anyone but I think the whole "wave" thing about the download codes might be true:

It specifically says beginning to be delivered on Wednesday, which leads me to believe that sending out the codes will take more than a day. :(
I hope I'm wrong, I have terrible luck with these kinds of things.
What I think that means is that they'll be sending it over the course of two days to everybody. So from the 15th into the 16th. I actually remember reading that somewhere a little while ago. I think it was on the Australian website. But the page with the terms and conditions is gone now, considering the promotion ended so I have no way to check.

I'm quite sure that's what that means though.

BTW, where did you find that page?

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Yes, of course you should stay up.
I'd love to, but I'm at college so I'm just not sure if it's the best idea...I mean, I'd love to research the patch itself and discover buffs and nerfs, but if I don't get to play as Mewtwo weeelll... But okay! Codes releasing beginning the 15th... I'm just ganna rely on dumb luck and hope I get my codes midnight or so, I registered pretty early... I don't think I'm doing the math and thinking this through properly, but I'm in a super boring class right now so blehhh... I guess we'll get more clear info tomorrow.

GreninjaTwo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintenTheScout
3DS FC
0989-1996-0168
What I think that means is that they'll be sending it over the course of two days to everybody. So from the 15th into the 16th. I actually remember reading that somewhere a little while ago. I think it was on the Australian website. But the page with the terms and conditions is gone now, considering the promotion ended so I have no way to check.

I'm quite sure that's what that means though.
Ah okay, phew! I was worried that I would end up getting it like, the 18th or something.

D

Deleted member

I won't be able to stay up to get Mewtwo because college.

Not that I could download him because my 3DS doesn't like my campus's wifi and my Wii U is at home.

:c

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I won't be able to stay up to get Mewtwo because college.

Not that I could download him because my 3DS doesn't like my campus's wifi and my Wii U is at home.

:c
College wifi is the worst...I can somehow download stuff and rarely even get a good match on for glory, but my plan is to get mewtwo and beat classic, all-star, and get customs~ <3 Maybe your wifi can be...not garbage for a sec? Sorry classmate, good luck!

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
From what I gather, we should be getting the patch around 5.30pm. Please correct me if I'm wrong, though. I'm not too familiar with American time zones. But I tried using this:

PDT I'm guessing is Pacific Daylight Time?

If we get Mewtwo after that patch, that would be wonderful for me. I finish work at exactly 5.30pm!
You are correct.

Also codes are said to be mailed "throughout the day on the 15th". I don't think I've seen any source claiming 2 days of delivery.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
Ah okay, phew! I was worried that I would end up getting it like, the 18th or something.
I just found the page you were looking at on the American website, and also saw this after some clicking around

I don't think you should worry too much. They say there you will get your codes on 15/4, despite saying that the codes will be sent out beginning on the 15/4. By beginning I would gather they mean just when the entire thing starts, nothing more really. :)

You are correct.

Also codes are said to be mailed "throughout the day on the 15th". I don't think I've seen any source claiming 2 days of delivery.
I did see this. I don't remember where exactly though, unfortunately as it was a while ago. It could have just been from some random article for all I know. But if the whole 'waves' thing is true, that could happen, buuuut I doubt it.

I think they will just send everything out tomorrow and if worst comes to worst, it'll push over into the 16th. *shrug*

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Damn, I have an appointment with a psychologist on wednesday. Hopefully I get my codes beforehand.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Damn, I have an appointment with a psychologist on wednesday. Hopefully I get my codes beforehand.
Imagine you don't have the codes when you get there.
Dr. Psycologist: Iz sere something wrong? You zeem anxious and twitchy...

You: "I CAN"T WAIT ANY LONGER!!!! I NEED MEWTWO!!!!"

Dr Psycologist: Ya, ya, very eenteresting. It appears you are not zane...

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Imagine you don't have the codes when you get there.
Dr. Psycologist: Iz sere something wrong? You zeem anxious and twitchy...

You: "I CAN"T WAIT ANY LONGER!!!! I NEED MEWTWO!!!!"

Dr Psycologist: Ya, ya, very eenteresting. It appears you are not zane...
You've just made every psychologist's life easier. In fact, every single problem people have had mentally since 2001 has been because of severe lack of Mewtwo.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
You've just made every psychologist's life easier. In fact, every single problem people have had mentally since 2001 has been because of severe lack of Mewtwo.
Now I can finally get over my irrational social anxieties!

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Tomorrow is the 14th for me and it's going to be loooooooooooooooooooong.

Psychosis? More like Psystrikosis!
Depression? More like Mewpression!
Multiple personalities? Nope, you're just a clone!
Confusion? More like... Well, no that's still just confusion.

:079:

Last edited:

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
As we're bearing down on Wednesday, I'm hoping mine stays relatively free and I get my codes relatively early. As it stands I have some studying to do, but review is going well. It's a teacher's content specialty exam for biology, which I have a degree in, so going over middle/high school level material is just a dense refresher course, really. I want to give test prep its due diligence, but I think I can spare more than enough time for Mewtwo-centric breaks in my studies. That will be plenty of time for testing of a different kind: labbing and unlocking customs, trophies, and the like. Apart from that, I only have that night's dinner plans to consider, and she knows full well that I'll be smashing and studying all day leading up to that! So long as I don't get an unexpected substitute call, I'm on track for a pretty balanced, quality 24 hours on the 15th. Plus my "worst case" scenario is making some extra cash with the promise of Mewtwo later. Can't believe we're so close!

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
4 am EST? Damn. If I stay up tomorrow night, I won't get any sleep at all since I have to wake up at 5:30 to go to school. I suppose I can wait :/

Has anyone been playing Pokemon Shuffle? I did not expect it to be this fun! I play it every day and the heart limit thing actually helps so that I don't play it too long per session. I managed to get Groudon with a 10% chance yesterday on my first try. Everyone should download it imo.

Rumble World is okay, though I have much more fun with Shuffle.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
College wifi is the worst...I can somehow download stuff and rarely even get a good match on for glory, but my plan is to get mewtwo and beat classic, all-star, and get customs~ <3 Maybe your wifi can be...not garbage for a sec? Sorry classmate, good luck!
If you are in college, there should be a Starbucks nearby where you can use their Wi-Fi to get it on the 3DS...

Also, people who live on the east coast of America, you don't have to stay up until 4AM. You can go to sleep, wake up, and potentially still not have the codes if it is by waves. If you are that desperate, sleep early, and set an alarm for 4AM. :p

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Rumble World is okay, though I have much more fun with Shuffle.
I'm the opposite. Shuffle was only interesting to me for the first few levels.

Rumble, however, is still holding my interest rather well.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
To all the people that have things on on Wednesday, I'm sorry. :ohwell:

Lucky for me though its mid semester break from uni! I can Mewtwo to my hearts content (yes Mewtwo is now a verb :p).

I'm the opposite. Shuffle was only interesting to me for the first few levels.

Rumble, however, is still holding my interest rather well.
I remember the original rumble, which was a Wii Ware title. Thought it was really quite good, but I think that Rumble World is taking it a bit too far. I get Nintendo trying to get into the free-to-play market as they are approaching the mobile market, but I don't think we should see these kinds of titles on the 3DS or Wii U. The game would work fine on a smart device quite well.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I remember the original rumble, which was a Wii Ware title. Thought it was really quite good, but I think that Rumble World is taking it a bit too far. I get Nintendo trying to get into the free-to-play market as they are approaching the mobile market, but I don't think we should see these kinds of titles on the 3DS or Wii U. The game would work fine on a smart device quite well.
Hey, to me, a free game is a free game. I'll take it on a mobile or on a console.

...Even though I don't even have a mobile. I need to get on one of these days.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
If you are in college, there should be a Starbucks nearby where you can use their Wi-Fi to get it on the 3DS...

Also, people who live on the east coast of America, you don't have to stay up until 4AM. You can go to sleep, wake up, and potentially still not have the codes if it is by waves. If you are that desperate, sleep early, and set an alarm for 4AM. :p
Good idea, but I haven't seen any StarBucks around here, but its okay, cause I at least have enough internet to download stuff, I downloaded Smash 3ds here haha. And yeah, yall school kids should sleep early and wake up a lil early before school. But ya'd only get an hour or two of fun so...I know its exciting, but coming home to Mewtwo would be nice, eh?

TropicalTaco

Smash Journeyman
Looks like the first day of playable Mewtwo is nigh upon us... Unfortunately, I won't be able to contribute to this forum in quite the way I had planned. Or at least, not in the original time frame that I planned.

My initial goal was to have my capture card ready on the day of Mewtwo's release and to stream a bunch of gameplay for you guys, and to make a lot videos of Mewtwo tech, strats, and general exploration of the character. I've hit a couple snags along the way, however. One of them being capture card related, and the other being the realization that I just straight up don't have a machine capable of streaming anything to the standards that I desire.

For now, all I can do is give you all my word that I will be giving this character my all, and that I intend to share as much information about him as possible. Thus far, I've acted as little more than a lurker on these boards, and that's about to change.

I hereby dedicate myself to the growth of the Mewtwo community, to the spreading of information, and to the purging of misinformation. I shall impart my own strategies to you, refine ones that exist, provide matchup analysis, and more. Nothing will be left unknown. And together, we will stamp out the Diddy Kongs, the Rosalinas, and the Sonics!

Ready yourselves, my friends, our time is drawing near.

Iblistech

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NeosCross
3DS FC
3179-6577-8881
Switch FC
SW-7096-0760-2425
Looks like the first day of playable Mewtwo is nigh upon us... Unfortunately, I won't be able to contribute to this forum in quite the way I had planned. Or at least, not in the original time frame that I planned.

My initial goal was to have my capture card ready on the day of Mewtwo's release and to stream a bunch of gameplay for you guys, and to make a lot videos of Mewtwo tech, strats, and general exploration of the character. I've hit a couple snags along the way, however. One of them being capture card related, and the other being the realization that I just straight up don't have a machine capable of streaming anything to the standards that I desire.

For now, all I can do is give you all my word that I will be giving this character my all, and that I intend to share as much information about him as possible. Thus far, I've acted as little more than a lurker on these boards, and that's about to change.

I hereby dedicate myself to the growth of the Mewtwo community, to the spreading of information, and to the purging of misinformation. I shall impart my own strategies to you, refine ones that exist, provide matchup analysis, and more. Nothing will be left unknown. And together, we will stamp out the Diddy Kongs, the Rosalinas, and the Sonics!

BOOYAKASHA!!!! Had to say that. XD

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Hey, to me, a free game is a free game. I'll take it on a mobile or on a console.

...Even though I don't even have a mobile. I need to get on one of these days.
[The following paragraph is purely my opinion]
Its not the fact that the game is free, its the concept behind the inclusion of paying extra money just to advance forward at a faster rate. I would prefer to pay retail price for a game like that, which I did for Pokemon Rumble Blast, instead of being offered extra Gems or halved waiting times for $0.99 or whatever they charge. I'm happy for other people that enjoy these types of things, but for me, they aren't as enjoyable.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
HNNNG

The wait.

Why must there be the wait.

I've run out of ideas of what to post for now.

All of my ingenuity and creativity has been consumed by

The wait

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
once this is all over i'll be able to fill in the space on my signature/wallpaper.

but then Lucas happened (now i have to put Lucas next to Bowser. Jr because there is no room beside Ness)

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
BOOYAKASHA!!!! Had to say that. XD
*Cowabunga.

Most admirable. I officially welcome you to the boards!

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111

Welcome!
and the Sonics!
;(

GreninjaTwo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintenTheScout
3DS FC
0989-1996-0168

I actually don't care what's said about my main in this thread lol
I know that feel, I'm both a Greninja fan and also a Mewtwo fan. (As you can see in my avatar. lel)
That in of itself is a contradiction.
I am the bridge between two worlds.
*Insert destiny quotes here.*

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
I know that feel, I'm both a Greninja fan and also a Mewtwo fan. (As you can see in my avatar. lel)
That in of itself is a contradiction.
I am the bridge between two worlds.
*Insert destiny quotes here.*
Sonictwo mains too.
Mewtwo will be Sonic's worst enemy loool

Top Bottom