• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Ughh I wish this thread was as active as it was two weeks ago.

You guys are making it really hard to efficiently lurk.

BE MORE HYPE!

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
>Charizard couldn't learn Fly.
>Pokemon isn't reasonable.
"So you're telling me this giant lizard with big wings is UNABLE to learn Fly and carry me on it's back whilst this ****** bird is able to carry me on it's back?!"

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
>Charizard couldn't learn Fly.
>Pokemon isn't reasonable.
I'm being misunderstood I think. I was trying to say Mewtwo having Aeroblast would be reasonable in Smash, not that him not being to learn Aeroblast in Pokemon is reasonable. If we're going by how Mewtwo OP is, I think technically he would be able to use Aeroblast... because it's just a big gust of wind, and Mewtwo was able to create storms in the movies. :3

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Eh, Robin can't learn Nosferatu but lo and behold (is that how that's spelled?) Robin's got it in smash. As long as it fits the character I think it's fine. Haha, now that I think about it...Falcon can't really learn Falcon Punch in F-Zero

I really do hope Mewtwo's customs are more than "This ones faster but weaker, this ones slower but stronger. This one has a windbox but no hitbox, and this one doesnt go far but it explodes." I'd love some more creativity, hopefully referencing other Pokemon moves.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
"So you're telling me this giant lizard with big wings is UNABLE to learn Fly and carry me on it's back whilst this ****** bird is able to carry me on it's back?!"
Not in generation 1, no.

But it could in later generations.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Mewtwo players in For Glory are gonna be just like Ness players, thirsty for that grab. :p

Sonsa

Smash Champion
All Mewtwo's throws are awesome, but I think my fav has to be forward throw, even if it seems to be the weakest. Just so stylish! I used it a lot, hope in this one it racks up decent damage or has some follow ups.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
All Mewtwo's throws are awesome, but I think my fav has to be forward throw, even if it seems to be the weakest. Just so stylish! I used it a lot, hope in this one it racks up decent damage or has some follow ups.
His F-throw should be all for damage. His D-throw is his combo starter.
U-Throw for KOing and B-throw is for getting them off stage.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
His F-throw should be all for damage. His D-throw is his combo starter.
U-Throw for KOing and B-throw is for getting them off stage.
Of course, we know that haha, man I can see it now... at low percents, down-throw to up-smash to up-tilt to nair to shadow ball~ Can't wait.
Also aerial confusion to spike looks to be a thing! That'll be fun~

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Of course, we know that haha, man I can see it now... at low percents, down-throw to up-smash to up-tilt to nair to shadow ball~ Can't wait.
Also aerial confusion to spike looks to be a thing! That'll be fun~
Hold up a second..!

Fair and Dair to KO
Nair for damage
Uair for combos
Bair to knock them off stage

...golly, Mewtwo really does have something for everything...

Last edited:

C_Swirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
C_Swirls
3DS FC
3583-1148-6789
I don't have the energy to stay awake at 4 on a school night but you bet your butt I'm making an alarm for 3:55.

Range

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2079-7847-2811
I hope a tech is quickly discovered so that the grab metagame quickly advances, with Mewtwo at the forefront. 20MewMew could become a reality.

Jokes aside, I love Mewtwo's U-throw, but I have an addiction to D-throw to N-air/F-air combos on every character I play, so I probably won't be using U-throw as much as I'd like, and only as a kill move.

Edit: Maybe Mewtwo will have a very fast kill chain on enemies like Dr. Mario, Ganondorf, and all others with low recoveries. B-throw to B-air offstage could potentially be deadly.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I really hope Mewtwo isn't as brain-dead as Diddy Kong.

I'd hate for my beautiful Mewtwo to be Hoo-Haa: The sequel.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Hold up a second..!
Fair and Dair to KO
Nair for damage
Mhm! He's got all the tools he needs! Teleport to avoid edgeguards, reflector/command grab, disable which might be my fav move in smash, a strong chargable projectile that could be thrown out tiny to still get in the way, Mewtwo is set, a great character!

I really feel like 'confusion to spike' is ganna be such a thing that 'confusion, predict an air dodge, spike' is ganna be a thing haha, kinda like a reverse hoo hah. (jk, edgeguarding with Mewtwo is probably ganna be risk-reward instead of...just reward)

Mewtwo's main weaknesses are being kinda big, and he'll probably be sorrrta light, like maybe...maybe like Villager weight? I don't think he'll get the Rosalina treatment, being real big and light like her. He's pretty tall and I think he'll be sorta light, mid-weight like Villy or the Mario Bros, and decent endlag on whiffed specials. He doesn't need to be that light, not like he has a Luma or anything.

Last edited:

Range

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2079-7847-2811
I really hope Mewtwo isn't as brain-dead as Diddy Kong.

I'd hate for my beautiful Mewtwo to be Hoo-Haa: The sequel.
Well, I'm 90% sure that D-throw to U-air / F-air / B-air / N-air will not be as hard to get away from or nearly as strong as Hoo-Ha, so I think we're safe.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I'm being misunderstood I think. I was trying to say Mewtwo having Aeroblast would be reasonable in Smash, not that him not being to learn Aeroblast in Pokemon is reasonable. If we're going by how Mewtwo OP is, I think technically he would be able to use Aeroblast... because it's just a big gust of wind, and Mewtwo was able to create storms in the movies. :3
well mewtwo cant learn teleport

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Hold up a second..!

Fair and Dair to KO
Nair for damage
Uair for combos

Far out! I missed out on a day last week because of uni and I have only just now caught up enough to post. :crazy:

Certainly does sound like Mewtwo will be very versatile, as he should be.:p

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Me thinks that if they didn't nerf any of Mewtwo's throws then Mewtwo would have the best throws in the game. Like Speed said, all of his throws all have their own uses and are extremely versatile. It wouldn't be a stretch to call Mewtwo's throws the best in the game if they didn't change it too much from Melee IMO.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Me thinks that if they didn't nerf any of Mewtwo's throws then Mewtwo would have the best throws in the game. Like Speed said, all of his throws all have their own uses and are extremely versatile. It wouldn't be a stretch to call Mewtwo's throws the best in the game if they didn't change it too much from Melee IMO.
Mewtwo should have the best throws. That's his thing. :p

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
You should still update the post I believe. Even if you don't agree with my theory about why we're gettinng the codes before the patch ends, US is not the only timezone.

The patch hours basically confirm that Japan and AU won't get Mewtwo for 3/5ths of the day (Until 5/6PM), so that is good info to let any AU users (or JP users) know.

I still firmly believe that the codes will all be distributed before or around the time the patch maintenance ends.
To expect what?

Japan is already confirmed to be waiting 17+ hours for the US to patch. I think it's a very *******-y move of Nintendo to make Japan wait for the US if the US won't even have the codes by then anyways.

Why not just patch both Japan and US 17+ hours earlier? US won't have the codes anyways, so what's the deal?

I mean everything I say is speculation and conspiracy theories, but honestly, why is the US getting the "premium" treatment and all other regions being screwed over. I assumed that it was because all codes were also being mailed similtaneously, but no one seems to share that opinion with me.

Everyone seems to think Japan will get their codes and have to wait for the patch, while the patch is waiting for the US which doesn't even have the codes yet. It's a possible outcome (and a probable one too), but I find it very lacking in terms of overall "planning" by Nintendo.
From what I gather, we should be getting the patch around 5.30pm. Please correct me if I'm wrong, though. I'm not too familiar with American time zones. But I tried using this:

PDT I'm guessing is Pacific Daylight Time?

If we get Mewtwo after that patch, that would be wonderful for me. I finish work at exactly 5.30pm!

Altair357

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Altair357
3DS FC
5284-1411-2846
From what I gather, we should be getting the patch around 5.30pm. Please correct me if I'm wrong, though. I'm not too familiar with American time zones. But I tried using this:

PDT I'm guessing is Pacific Daylight Time?

If we get Mewtwo after that patch, that would be wonderful for me. I finish work at exactly 5.30pm!
Yup, you got it.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Soooo...wait... this patch is at 4am EST, right? PDT is 3 hours before EST. But the codes are being sent 17 hours later or something? Huh? Smash 3ds came out midnight for me, what's the deal with this update? Should I stay up tomorrow or nah?

GreninjaTwo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintenTheScout
3DS FC
0989-1996-0168
So not to scare anyone but I think the whole "wave" thing about the download codes might be true:

It specifically says beginning to be delivered on Wednesday, which leads me to believe that sending out the codes will take more than a day. :(
I hope I'm wrong, I have terrible luck with these kinds of things.

Last edited:

KieRanaRan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KieRanaRan
3DS FC
0662-3728-1857
On the subject of throws - I absolutely adored Mewtwo's d-throw. I would always try and follow it up with a Shadow Ball (it never worked haha, but the idea of it was enough for me).

Top Bottom