• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Dr Mario is whatever still not different enough for me but fine. But if lucina and dark pit were alts instead of clones they'd play the same way and be better. Fans would benefit and the roster would feel better without filler
I can't speak for Lucina, but at least with Dark Pit, all of his disadvantages are kind of situational.
Just kind of disappointing.
So Dark Pit would be a female demon?
Nah, I'm just joking about how in reflections, left and right are flipped.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Dr Mario is whatever still not different enough for me but fine. But if lucina and dark pit were alts instead of clones they'd play the same way and be better. Fans would benefit and the roster would feel better without filler
I don't know if I'd go that far. I mean, I don't know about Dark Pit and Lucina fans, but as a Dr. Mario fan, I'd much rather have him be a unique character, even if he does wind up inferior. I'd use him regardless, and I feel like fans of Dark Pit and Lucina would feel similarly. Even if they are inferior to their originals, and they don't see much on the competitive scene, there will always be someone who plays and uses them, or at least develops their metagame, so it's not like their fans are actually losing anything. They're only gaining.
Also, I feel like the roster feels better with filler. However, I wouldn't call it filler. More like "padding," if even that. It pleases more people and shouldn't really offend anybody else, so you can only win. Clones are great for padding out the roster and they can potentially please many more fans. Plus, I like them because my main happens to be one:p.
That said, each to their own. As always, I respect your opinion and hope I haven't offended you.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I wanted to share this with the Pit community, but now I feel like it would be more appreciated here:
dab78f2054f0d76a9785e9770112a6efa84467ca7eb128e6bccb44a1ee6592a5_1.jpg

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Speaking as a Lucina sub-mainer, I most definitely prefer her having her own spot. Dr. Mario is great and welcome too, he's way too different to just be an alt.

......I thought this was a thread about Mewtwo....?
Yeah, well. It's not like they're giving us much to discuss.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Speaking as someone who initially hated Lucina's inclusion, her playstyle is great for those who can't commit to tippers.
Plus we got freaking Laura Bailey.

......I thought this was a thread about Mewtwo....?
Well, I don't see any new info.

Maybe if we get news of a VA the thread will explode. Or release date. Who knows, we don't got much to talk of Mewtwo-wise :/

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Speaking as someone who initially hated Lucina's inclusion, her playstyle is great for those who can't commit to tippers.
Plus we got freaking Laura Bailey.

Well, I don't see any new info.

Maybe if we get news of a VA the thread will explode. Or release date. Who knows, we don't got much to talk of Mewtwo-wise :/
But there's already a thread for Mewtwo's voice! :O

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
But there's already a thread for Mewtwo's voice! :O
Both threads will invariably end up exploding either way. The news of Jay Goede being alive spread like wildfire around here thanks to GoldenYuiitusin, who posted the news in both threads.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Both threads will invariably end up exploding either way. The news of Jay Goede being alive spread like wildfire around here thanks to GoldenYuiitusin, who posted the news in both threads.
Actually, Metros posted it in the old Mewtwo social thread, then I saw it and shared it with the Smash 4 social thread where GoldenYuiitusin saw it and shared it with the voice thread. At least that's how I remembered it...

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Haven't been commenting on this site for a while due to lack of Mewtwo news, but March is right around the corner so we might get some kind of info hopefully.

In a hypothetical scenario that will most likely not happen, how would you react if...

1. Next months Corocoro announces Pokemon Z, it reveals a new form of Zygarde as the games mascot and Mega Mewtwo Z.

2. MMZ is Psychic/Steel type who's form design is a nod to Armor Mewtwo from the first movie.

3. Later in the month a new direct if shown showing off a trailer for Mewtwo, at the end of the trailer, his FS is revealed to be MMZ.

4. After the trailer Nintendo announces that people who registered for the free promotion will be able to get the Mewtwo codes in mid April, and for mass purchase in May.

5. Mewtwo Amiibo is announced, people who preorder from select retail (Gamestop, Amazon, ect) will get a free redeem code to download Mewtwo.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Haven't been commenting on this site for a while due to lack of Mewtwo news, but March is right around the corner so we might get some kind of info hopefully.

In a hypothetical scenario that will most likely not happen, how would you react if...

1. Next months Corocoro announces Pokemon Z, it reveals a new form of Zygarde as the games mascot and Mega Mewtwo Z.

2. MMZ is Psychic/Steel type who's form design is a nod to Armor Mewtwo from the first movie.

3. Later in the month a new direct if shown showing off a trailer for Mewtwo, at the end of the trailer, his FS is revealed to be MMZ.

4. After the trailer Nintendo announces that people who registered for the free promotion will be able to get the Mewtwo codes in mid April, and for mass purchase in May.

5. Mewtwo Amiibo is announced, people who preorder from select retail (Gamestop, Amazon, ect) will get a free redeem code to download Mewtwo.
1. Probably not since we just got ORAS.

2. Eww, no.

3. Not sure how I'd react to that being Mewtwo's FS. Depends on how this hypothetical MMZ turns out.

4. Oh come on, mid April? That would suck.

5. I can actually see this happening. Codes bundled with figurines/controllers/whatever is a common practice.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101

1. Expected, but nonetheless, all of my yes!

2. The design sounds pretty sweet, assuming they pull it off right. I'd have to see it to decide if I would like it or not. The typing is OK, I guess. I don't like his weaknesses, but he changes his weaknesses, which I reckon is good for mix-ups, and he has a ton of resistances, which is awesome. Additionally, he is immune to Poison, which is great!

3. Thank God for the trailer. But I don't like his Final Smash. Transformation Final Smashes are all-around yuck and are far too prevalent this time around. I'd much rather it be Psystrike. That said, it's nice to finally know what his Final Smash will be.

4. That timing is OK, and I'm glad I get my Mewtwo earlier than most people.

5. Awesome! I'd love to see a Mewtwo amiibo. That thing about receiving free Mewtwo download codes for preordering a Mewtwo amiibo is a questionable business decision, but it doesn't affect me, and I'm sure people who didn't get both versions of the game are really happy, so I guess I'm cool with that.

Overall Scenario Grade: 3.9/5
It's a pretty good scenario, aside from some unclear situations and a little bit of distaste, but still excellent overall. Congrats!

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962

1. Sweet.
2. Ehh, I wouldn't like that mostly because that would give him more weaknesses...but then he also gets a lot more resistances. Still, he gains weaknesses in types that are very common like ground through the use of Earthquake or fire types.
3. Sweet if I actually like MMZ. Meh if I'm not a fan of new mega.
4. I wish it were earlier.
5. Don't care since I already have my free Mewtwo. Actually, I'd care to the extent that I don't really get any bonuses out of it.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Expected the negative reaction to the third mega and it's typing, that said its possible that a new game is in the works, considering we have gotten a major game every year since B/W, and since it would be a X/Y sequel, they would only need to add new elements rather than starting from scratch.

While a transformation FS is redundant, keep in mind Sakurai's criteria for characters revolve around relavancy and gimmicks, and the main reason Mewtwo is relevant again is due to megas.

.... Also Landmasters.

Mid April seems fair since Sakurai has stressed over and over that it takes a long time to develope a character, and other factors including a smaller development team working on Mewtwo.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Expected the negative reaction to the third mega and it's typing, that said its possible that a new game is in the works, considering we have gotten a major game every year since B/W, and since it would be a X/Y sequel, they would only need to add new elements rather than starting from scratch.

While a transformation FS is redundant, keep in mind Sakurai's criteria for characters revolve around relavancy and gimmicks, and the main reason Mewtwo is relevant again is due to megas.

.... Also Landmasters.

Mid April seems fair since Sakurai has stressed over and over that it takes a long time to develope a character, and other factors including a smaller development team working on Mewtwo.

Edit: another
Is it wrong that I'd rather have Mewtwo use Landmaster than Mega Evolve?

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Hey Speed! It won't let me post on your profile page. I guess you only allow certain people to do so, or something. I was at the library today and I wanted to say that I really like your avatar. :) I think I remember you asking people if they liked it, earlier. Well, I do. That's all.

Rugal Cuttah

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2079-8390-5278
Hello mewtwo mains, Im proud to be a mewtwo main as well since melee. Never got into (the replacement) lucario. I hope they improve his his confusion move, it was pretty useless to me. His air attack you had to be too precise those too. His teleport was the best in the game and fun to use, copying onslaught s in mvc1. I do hope his throws remain as powerful KO tools as it was in melee, his up throw is my favorite KO finish aside from his denjin hadoken ish shadow ball. Wonder what his final smash will be. Hope its unleashing a tidal wave to sweep away foes with a easy wave of his hand like in the movie, how he was able control the ocean with ease using the unrivaled psychic abilities that mewtwo posses. Its nice to see more love for the original 150 legendary.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
New idea for FS, Mewtwo goes mega and then uses Psystrike. Basically, once you perform the FS, Mewtwo will create a circle-shaped shock wave and if enemies are hit by it, then they will vanish and reappear at the center of the stage while being suspended in the air. Mewtwo will teleport and reappear as one of its two Megas and unleash a giant sphere of energy that traps opponents while damaging them which is finished by an explosion. Mewtwo will then change back to its original form.

The Mega evolution Mewtwo will use is both random or manual if you hold the X or Y button right after activating the Final Smash.

Edit: Visual example

image.jpg

Mewtwo would be either MX or MY but that portion is only aesthetic.

Last edited:

Rugal Cuttah

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2079-8390-5278
New idea for FS, Mewtwo goes mega and then uses Psystrike. Basically, once you perform the FS, Mewtwo will create a circle-shaped shock wave and if enemies are hit by it, then they will vanish and reappear at the center of the stage while being suspended in the air Mewtwo will teleport and reappear as one of its two Megas and unleash a giant sphere of energy that traps opponents while damaging them which is finished by an explosion. Mewtwo will then change back to its original form.

The Mega evolution Mewtwo will use is both random or manual if you press the X or Y button right after Mewtwo vanishes.
That also sounds great for a final smash idea. It better not be a awful generic laser power I tell you that if nintendo s team is smart.
I will a die little inside if it is. Mewtwo deserves a great final smash like yours or mine. I think depending which mega form mewtwo takes, he will do a different final smash x/y mega form. Anyone else with great final smash ideas?

P.S. I do perfer pokemon y mega form for mewtwo better than x cause its very dragonball z in appearance/resembles his old form more and his x form looks like he can take a hit too, he even has spirit bomb.(aura sphere) His x form resembles more of mew which is okay to and see why people would like that mega form.

Last edited:
Top Bottom