• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
New idea for FS, Mewtwo goes mega and then uses Psystrike. Basically, once you perform the FS, Mewtwo will create a circle-shaped shock wave and if enemies are hit by it, then they will vanish and reappear at the center of the stage while being suspended in the air. Mewtwo will teleport and reappear as one of its two Megas and unleash a giant sphere of energy that traps opponents while damaging them which is finished by an explosion. Mewtwo will then change back to its original form.

The Mega evolution Mewtwo will use is both random or manual if you hold the X or Y button right after activating the Final Smash.

Edit: Visual example

View attachment 40398

Mewtwo would be either MX or MY but that portion is only aesthetic.
While this is an excellent idea, I'm not completely on board with it. However, it's completely my own fault.
For whatever reason, my brain does not like the idea of Mewtwo Mega Evolving and then attacking. Normally, I'm willing to compromise on something like this, but I just cannot seem to bring myself to compromise. I only like the idea of Mewtwo just outright attacking.
However, while I don't like it, that does not mean that it's a bad idea. I actually think that this is the possible best idea for Mewtwo's Final Smash. It's the perfect compromise between the two sides of this argument simply because nobody is losing anything! Mega Mewtwo X fans get his Mega Mewtwo X, Mega Mewtwo Y fans get Mega Mewtwo Y and Attack fans get an attack. It's genius.
So just disregard what I think, and take what I'm saying: This is probably the best idea for Mewtwo's Final Smash that's been suggested on this thread.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
While this is an excellent idea, I'm not completely on board with it. However, it's completely my own fault.
For whatever reason, my brain does not like the idea of Mewtwo Mega Evolving and then attacking. Normally, I'm willing to compromise on something like this, but I just cannot seem to bring myself to compromise. I only like the idea of Mewtwo just outright attacking.
However, while I don't like it, that does not mean that it's a bad idea. I actually think that this is the possible best idea for Mewtwo's Final Smash. It's the perfect compromise between the two sides of this argument simply because nobody is losing anything! Mega Mewtwo X fans get his Mega Mewtwo X, Mega Mewtwo Y fans get Mega Mewtwo Y and Attack fans get an attack. It's genius.
So just disregard what I think, and take what I'm saying: This is probably the best idea for Mewtwo's Final Smash that's been suggested on this thread.
I understand, I only did this as if it were what Sakurai would do since he would see the Mega evolution as the most logical choice (dosn't mean anything really since the guy can be unpredictable) and the fact that both megas share a single trophy. It wouldn't seem right to make a FS that only has one mega, even though a trophy exist that has both of them rather than individual trophies.

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if I'd go that far. I mean, I don't know about Dark Pit and Lucina fans, but as a Dr. Mario fan, I'd much rather have him be a unique character, even if he does wind up inferior. I'd use him regardless, and I feel like fans of Dark Pit and Lucina would feel similarly. Even if they are inferior to their originals, and they don't see much on the competitive scene, there will always be someone who plays and uses them, or at least develops their metagame, so it's not like their fans are actually losing anything. They're only gaining.
Also, I feel like the roster feels better with filler. However, I wouldn't call it filler. More like "padding," if even that. It pleases more people and shouldn't really offend anybody else, so you can only win. Clones are great for padding out the roster and they can potentially please many more fans. Plus, I like them because my main happens to be one:p.
That said, each to their own. As always, I respect your opinion and hope I haven't offended you.
How is it better for lucina to be an inferior character when she could still be an alt, still be playable like alph is, and be better? You just really like seeing her picture on the character select screen? I don't get it

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
Expected the negative reaction to the third mega and it's typing, that said its possible that a new game is in the works, considering we have gotten a major game every year since B/W, and since it would be a X/Y sequel, they would only need to add new elements rather than starting from scratch.

While a transformation FS is redundant, keep in mind Sakurai's criteria for characters revolve around relavancy and gimmicks, and the main reason Mewtwo is relevant again is due to megas.

.... Also Landmasters.

Mid April seems fair since Sakurai has stressed over and over that it takes a long time to develope a character, and other factors including a smaller development team working on Mewtwo.
Don't really think it has any chance of happening tbh.

1) the hidden zygarde moves imply 2 new forms which further implies we will get x2 and y2, not z

2) can't see any reason they'd spend time on a third mewtwo form, a pokemon that is banned from competitive play and would be post game and has no relevance to the story and already has 2 forms. Plus it seems like they're done with multiple mega evolutions.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
How is it better for lucina to be an inferior character when she could still be an alt, still be playable like alph is, and be better? You just really like seeing her picture on the character select screen? I don't get it
I meant better for the fans. Fans, I think, would much rather have her as a unique character. For example, you like Ganondorf, I guess, considering you main him. Let's say that Ganondorf winds up inferior to Captain Falcon this time around, so Nintendo makes him an Alt. of Captain Falcon. He still plays pretty much the same, but he's better! So it's only better for you! Right? I don't think so. It makes Ganondorf come off as empty and somewhat incomplete.
Now, we all know that Ganondorf has a different playstyle than Captain Falcon, being much slower and more powerful. Well, as a Dr. Mario main, I can safely say that Doc plays differently than Mario, and I'm sure that Lucina and Dark Pit mains would say they play differently from their originals. It's kind of hard to explain, but I guess it really comes down to we like having our favorite characters as independent slots. It comes off as more complete and whole. Alts., in a sense, feel sort of empty and not quite the same as full character. I don't know, maybe it's just a thing that comes with maining a clone, but that's about the best I can say about it.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Don't really think it has any chance of happening tbh.

1) the hidden zygarde moves imply 2 new forms which further implies we will get x2 and y2, not z

2) can't see any reason they'd spend time on a third mewtwo form, a pokemon that is banned from competitive play and would be post game and has no relevance to the story and already has 2 forms. Plus it seems like they're done with multiple mega evolutions.
I'll be passing on that crap like I did for B2/W2 then, at least call it something else lik ZX or ZY. If that does happen, theres still the slight possibility of other pokemon getting two megas, Zygarde being the most obvious example, and with that said any uber legendary pokemon that gets a Mega is going to be OP if Rayquaza is anything to go by.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Speed has told you before that he doesn't appreciate the drug jokes. That's not why he chose his name. You notice he never once likes your posts when you tease him? Why don't you quit. You're starting to look like a bully.
It's happened a few times in the past that he does, but that's beside the point. At the same time, though, there hasn't been a truly adverse reaction to it, never mind that when I do, it's never been with malicious intent. If he prefers that I cease it, fine by me. The last thing I'd want is to make myself hated.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Speed has told you before that he doesn't appreciate the drug jokes. That's not why he chose his name. You notice he never once likes your posts when you tease him? Why don't you quit. You're starting to look like a bully.
I'm gonna have to side with Liquid on this one. I can't specifically recall a time when Speed has asked him to stop, and I don't think Speed has ever said anything directly opposing it. If s/he had, Liquid would've stopped, I believe. From what I've seen of his personality (this is the internet), I don't think he would continually persist like he does. Now, if Speed does come out and say that s/he wants Liquid to cut it out, then I think he will. Plus, like he said above me, Liquid has never done it with bad intentions. It'd be painfully obvious if he had.
Also, I would say something about how maybe Speed doesn't mind the jokes, but thinks that they've sort of gotten stale, and that's why s/he doesn't like them, but considering I like nearly everything I come across, I should probably keep my mouth shut. But, if I remember correctly, Speed did like at least one of his drug joke posts at one point, so we at least know it wasn't bother her/him back then.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
It's happened a few times in the past that he does, but that's beside the point. At the same time, though, there hasn't been a truly adverse reaction to it, never mind that when I do, it's never been with malicious intent. If he prefers that I cease it, fine by me. The last thing I'd want is to make myself hated.
I'm gonna have to side with Liquid on this one. I can't specifically recall a time when Speed has asked him to stop, and I don't think Speed has ever said anything directly opposing it. If s/he had, Liquid would've stopped, I believe. From what I've seen of his personality (this is the internet), I don't think he would continually persist like he does. Now, if Speed does come out and say that s/he wants Liquid to cut it out, then I think he will. Plus, like he said above me, Liquid has never done it with bad intentions. It'd be painfully obvious if he had.
Also, I would say something about how maybe Speed doesn't mind the jokes, but thinks that they've sort of gotten stale, and that's why s/he doesn't like them, but considering I like nearly everything I come across, I should probably keep my mouth shut. But, if I remember correctly, Speed did like at least one of his drug joke posts at one point, so we at least know it wasn't bother her/him back then.
...oh my...I need to address some things here....

Ok...I'll do this in numbers.

#1. The jokes aren't really all that bad, but they do get rather annoying sometimes. I don't take them as an insult by any means, and it never really made me mad.
#2. As long as it never gets too out of hand, I won't really mind much.
#3. ...She.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Alright. I'm not trying to start a fight or anything, but I also didn't want anybody getting bullied. If that wasn't the case, then I'm sorry for making things awkward, but I don't regret speaking up. If someone was bullying me, I'd want somebody to speak up for me. That's all. No hard feelings, LIQUID, okay? Apparently I was being more sensitive than Speed, which in this case is overly sensitive :p

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
...And I don't get you.
I liked Marth in each game, even this one, but playing Lucina feels much better. And before it's said, Marth is my best character in Melee and I KNOW how to land tippers/sourspots when needed a majority of the time. Anyways, back to Lucina.
1. She's ALWAYS consistent: She may not have the tipper, but she's more balanced due to that. I'm sure even the best of Marth players have issues between the 2 hitboxes on occasion.
2. She's shorter: This means she has a smaller hurtbox, making it harder for opponents to hit you.
3. Her reach is shorter: Some say this is an issue, but I'm ok with this.
4. All-Around vs Technical: Marth is a technical character (Having something unique from the rest of the cast and require knowledge on the character) due to the tipper, but taking that from Lucina makes her feel like an all around character (no glaring flaws or strengths). They both have some speed, but the people I spoke with agreed on this. This video kinda explains what I'm speaking of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awiDt2Kw8Jw
5. She's my favorite FE character: Bias? Maybe, but nonetheless, I've been rooting for her to be playable since I played FE:A.
I guess you could use the "One man's junk is another man's treasure" analogy here.
I meant better for the fans. Fans, I think, would much rather have her as a unique character. For example, you like Ganondorf, I guess, considering you main him. Let's say that Ganondorf winds up inferior to Captain Falcon this time around, so Nintendo makes him an Alt. of Captain Falcon. He still plays pretty much the same, but he's better! So it's only better for you! Right? I don't think so. It makes Ganondorf come off as empty and somewhat incomplete.
Now, we all know that Ganondorf has a different playstyle than Captain Falcon, being much slower and more powerful. Well, as a Dr. Mario main, I can safely say that Doc plays differently than Mario, and I'm sure that Lucina and Dark Pit mains would say they play differently from their originals. It's kind of hard to explain, but I guess it really comes down to we like having our favorite characters as independent slots. It comes off as more complete and whole. Alts., in a sense, feel sort of empty and not quite the same as full character. I don't know, maybe it's just a thing that comes with maining a clone, but that's about the best I can say about it.
I say this is a pretty good argument too, 10/10.

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Lucina is absolutely fine the way she is. Making her an alt after she's already been playable would be an insult and a slap in the face to both her and her fans. And after she went through the trouble to go back in time to save humanity from a giant-ass dragon and a massive horde of undead, you'd have to be a pretty ungrateful ******* to cut her or degrade her to an alt.

Last edited:

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
As someone who seconds Gannon, I'm actually feeling like he might as well be an alt, for three games, I've wanted him to be just a little different in terms of moves, and for three games, he's just been a slowed down Cpt. Falcon! And he's spent his days in the bottom rung of the ladder because of it! OK he's differentiated a bit from custom moves, but because I've got on one to play local custom with, that might as well be moot.

I really do feel that Ganondorf is stuck in clone Purgatory, which is incredibly sad for such an iconic and menacing character he is.

There's also the argument to be made with Lucina, that she was actually meant to be an alt, but couldn't due to Sak not being able to get her proportions right. and there's also the fact that Dark pit still is! He's still a choosable palette option for reg Pit!

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I got an email saying that production has been delayed and now the CD's won't be shipped until April.

:(

I really hope they don't delay Mewtwo...
What the crap. I haven't received either of these emails.

Look, Mewtwo is digital content. It's being developed by a totally seperate branch of Nintendo than the soundtrack CDs. The CDs will have no bearing on the DLC whatsoever.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I got an email saying that production has been delayed and now the CD's won't be shipped until April.

:(

I really hope they don't delay Mewtwo...
Well, I can't get the CD anyway, but DLC and CD's would obviously be developed in separate branches. Thy most likely have a concrete, unannounced release date for Mewtwo, anyway.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
I really hope Mewtwo has has a unique Palutena's Guidance codec and not that unused one. Here are things I think should happen in such a Codec:
1. He is psychic, which is how they communicate to pit...barring Chrom and Dark Pit for...reasons, meaning he should at least say something to them.
2. They should reference his absence in Brawl and how he's late.
3. Viridi feeling pitiful towards Mewtwo/Viridi hating Mewtwo's exsistance.
4. Dark Pit appears? (would be interesting, as he's a clone too).
5. Reference this quote? (it'd fit in an argument with Viridi or talking to Dark Pit...or something).
mewtwo_quote_by_firewings26-d56shns.jpg

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I really hope Mewtwo has has a unique Palutena's Guidance codec and not that unused one. Here are things I think should happen in such a Codec:
1. He is psychic, which is how they communicate to pit...barring Chrom and Dark Pit for...reasons, meaning he should at least say something to them.
2. They should reference his absence in Brawl and how he's late.
3. Viridi feeling pitiful towards Mewtwo/Viridi hating Mewtwo's exsistance.
4. Dark Pit appears? (would be interesting, as he's a clone too).
5. Reference this quote? (it'd fit in an argument with Viridi or talking to Dark Pit...or something).
View attachment 40495
Mewtwo and Dark Pit share a lot of similarities. Both are clones, and both seek to overcome the one they are copied from. They were also treated unfittingly from their birth- but later, reform.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Mewtwo and Dark Pit share a lot of similarities. Both are clones, and both seek to overcome the one they are copied from. They were also treated unfittingly from their birth- but later, reform.
That's why it'd be cool to have both have a conversation on the subject, maybe Mewtwo inspires Dark Pit by stating the quote or something.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Except Mewtwo isn't an unwanted carbon copy included purley because of the director's bias:p.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Except Mewtwo isn't an unwanted carbon copy included purley because of the director's bias:p.
Which is funny, because you're likely going to find more Dark Pit players than Pit players...strange, as he's supposedly unwanted, yet he's played more.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Which is funny, because you're likely going to find more Dark Pit players than Pit players...strange, as he's supposedly unwanted, yet he's played more.
Well, yeah, but only because his diagonal launch from his electro shock arm is allot more useful than Pit's straight up launch. Or if you're talking about online it's because kids think "edgy" is cool.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Dark Pit Hater: "Why is Dark Pit in the game? GOD! What a waste of a character slot!"
Random Person Here For Plot Convenience: "Ok, first of all, character slots are non existent. Also, don't you main him?"
Dark Pit Hater: "IT'S NOT LIKE I LIKE HIM OR ANYTHING!!! BAKA!!!"

EDIT: In all seriousness, I am neutral on Dark Pit. I wouldn't have minded if he wasn't in, but I think he's a decent inclusion nonetheless.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Again with accusing Sakurai of bias. I don't think it's a big deal if he is biased! He denied himself in 64 and Melee and put himself last. I think it's fine if he wants to flex a bit with Smash 4!

But no matter what the truth is about Sakurai's motives, Dark Pit was wanted in Japan. It's not like he put in an obscure character no one wanted - at least, as far as Japan was concerned.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well, yeah, but only because his diagonal launch from his electro shock arm is allot more useful than Pit's straight up launch. Or if you're talking about online it's because kids think "edgy" is cool.
Upperdash's launch angle is more useful, I'd argue. It can kill from anywhere on the stage, unlike Electroshock which needs very specific positioning to kill earlier. Besides, it also sets up the opponents for juggles, something Pit is good at.

But I still play Dark Pit more just because I wanna show the haters that some people do play clones. And because I love his taunts and color scheme. Mostly the latter two.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Upperdash's launch angle is more useful, I'd argue. It can kill from anywhere on the stage, unlike Electroshock which needs very specific positioning to kill earlier. Besides, it also sets up the opponents for juggles, something Pit is good at.

But I still play Dark Pit more just because I wanna show the haters that some people do play clones. And because I love his taunts and color scheme. Mostly the latter two.
Electroshock is significantly more useful than Upperdash when ledgeguarding.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I think Fair beats both of those moves in that regard.
The only problem with fair is that it doesn't guarantee anything. As long as you're using side-b you're safe due to the cancel that is always guaranteed as long as you're in the general vicinity.

Rosalinatehplumber

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mariotrains
Switch FC
2537-5587-9586
Can't wait to see Mewtwo in HD. Be patient. Time will go fast before you know it.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Like I said before, Dark Pit is inferior to Pit. Electroshock Arm is nothing compared to Upperdash's insane vertical knockback.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I think both Pits are fine. Honestly, I feel like they ought to be in the same tier - the same for Marth and Lucina. The differences are there, but the fundamental character is the same. It comes down to player preference.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Like I said before, Dark Pit is inferior to Pit. Electroshock Arm is nothing compared to Upperdash's insane vertical knockback.
OK, well it falls to people just thinking "edgy" is cool. How lame.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Hm, now that I think about it, I guess Dark Pit does have a bit of an edge over Pit after all.

why are my puns always so terrible

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I will never like Dark Pit. Or Uprising in general really.

I meant better for the fans. Fans, I think, would much rather have her as a unique character. For example, you like Ganondorf, I guess, considering you main him. Let's say that Ganondorf winds up inferior to Captain Falcon this time around, so Nintendo makes him an Alt. of Captain Falcon. He still plays pretty much the same, but he's better! So it's only better for you! Right? I don't think so.
Ganondorf is my favorite Zelda character, and I think it would be preferable. If he was a Falcon alt, he'd be represented just as badly, but at least he wouldn't be perpetually bottom tier. Hell, I think Melee Ganon who was more of a clone than Brawl/4 Ganon is his best representation yet, because at least he feels somewhat fit and able. Not like a crumbling old relic who moves like a slug with a broken leg.

Top Bottom