• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
3 pages of argument while I was gone for schoolwork, hahaha. The argument is probably done, but I want to say something about it.My personal opinion is that both sides of this argument are wrong because it doesn't seem to me that they're respecting each other's opinions too well. I don't think it's "dumb and petty" to drop a character because of their voice. People like characters for many reasons, and if the voice is one of them, I think it's completely understandable that some may dislike that character if one of the reasons why they liked the character in the first place was gone. I also disagree with the notion of "rather having no Mewtwo than FemTwo". Why would you wish for that? It's understandable to dislike it. However, it's not understandable to wish something that already exists gone for everybody because you, personally, dislike it. There are many others out there that like FemTwo or don't care for Mewtwo's voice. If you don't like it, simply ignore and don't play her. Don't ruin other's fun. To be honest, I dislike FemTwo quite a lot as well. I just don't like it at all. However, there are those that like her and those that like Mewtwo and don't give a damn about his/her voice. I think that wishing something gone when you don't like it but others like or don't mind it is completely silly. People dislike characters for many different reasons... whatever the reason is, I also think it's silly to call it "dumb" because in the end it's an opinion. Please don't respond to this or continue the argument, I just wanted to say this lol.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
and im gonna lay the smackdown on you in mewtwo dittos in 2 weeks

infact im gonna layeth the smackdown on ALLLLLLL your candy ***** in 2 weeks
Challenge accepted. I anticipate the sweet, salty tears will be most refreshing.

EDIT: As will everyone else's; not just yours or anything.

Awkward...

SECOND EDIT: Guys and gals, start shooting me your friend requests and IDs. My blade still thirsts!

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

I'm not going to deny this, you probably will. If I make it that far. I suck at Sm4sh. I'm really only in the tournament to hand out the prize at the end and to watch of course.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I know the argument is over but I just want to point out that in fact the reason most people love Mewtwo is because of who he is and not what he is. What most people love about Mewtwo is himself and his personality and voice are a great part of that.

With that said, now that he has his personality, charisma and attacks back I would be "ok" with him having a female voice, but I would be severely dissapointed that they almost, almost had him down perfectly and missed that one last bit.

As for Eisendrachen, honestly you make 0 sense and are absent of all logic.

You want Mewtwo's moveset to change in order to please the people who DON'T like Mewtwo and don't care for him.

You don't want Mewtwo's moveset to stay the same in order to spite fans who do like Mewtwo and care for him.

You want Mewtwo's personality to change so that people who are ignorant of Mewtwo and who he is to give him a chance, but you don't want his personality to stay the same so that people who do know him have to "deal with it".

Honestly you should be banned from these forums. It's against the rules to go into character forums and hate on them for no reason and that's what you're doing, albeit not explicitly. You're doing it subtly enough that most people aren't noticing it.

It's ok to like different things but disliking something just because others like it is even more petty and stupid than the voice argument.

Last edited:

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
its really nice to have some support after its all wrapped up. i was a little peeved no one was seeing what i was seeing, lol

MEWTWO DITTOS **** YEA

Challenge accepted. I anticipate the sweet, salty tears will be most refreshing.

Awkward...

SECOND EDIT: Guys and gals, start shooting me your friend requests and IDs. My blade still thirsts!
add me - the_shawnz wii u

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
You want Mewtwo's moveset to change in order to please the people who DON'T like Mewtwo and don't care for him.

You don't want Mewtwo's moveset to stay the same in order to spite fans who do like Mewtwo and care for him.
Uh, what? I said that it feels weird that they had the chance to make alterations and apparently made none. How is that wrong?

You want Mewtwo's personality to change so that people who are ignorant of Mewtwo and who he is to give him a chance, but you don't want his personality to stay the same so that people who do know him have to "deal with it".

Honestly you should be banned from these forums. It's against the rules to go into character forums and hate on them and that's what you're doing, albeit not explicitly. You're doing it subtly enough that most people aren't noticing it.
So what about everyone who **** on me for thinking Femtwo was even a possibility, then? I give back what I get, end of story.

Range

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2079-7847-2811
Personally, I'd prefer a mute/feral Mewtwo because I don't want to hear lines of dialogue, I want to hear awesome sound effects as I combo my enemies into the dust. Then again, I usually keep my volume muted, so it wouldn't affect me anyways.

13 more days!

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
For Glory gon' have Mewtwo like Link in Mario Kart 8!!

C3CC

Smash Lord
Wow. I left for a couple hours and I come to find this flamewar. What's so bad about not liking something? I'm a person who really pays attention to sounds and if I don't like what I hear, I will usually just get away from it. Hence why I never choose Ness or Fox.

I won't deny I'll be put off by a female voice in Mewtwo. It's not like I can pretend I won't care. I fail to see why people think this is something silly or non-important. But that's not a reason to insult anyone! Everyone can have their own opinions. :)

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Wow. I left for a couple hours and I come to find this flamewar. What's so bad about not liking something? I'm a person who really pays attention to sounds and if I don't like what I hear, I will usually just get away from it. Hence why I never choose Ness or Fox.

I won't deny I'll be put off by a female voice in Mewtwo. It's not like I can pretend I won't care. I fail to see why people think this is something silly or non-important. But that's not a reason to insult anyone! Everyone can have their own opinions. :)
I think you guys are blowing this out of proportion. It wasn't that bad, just a misunderstanding really.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Uh, what? I said that it feels weird that they had the chance to make alterations and apparently made none. How is that wrong?

So what about everyone who **** on me for thinking Femtwo was even a possibility, then? I give back what I get, end of story.

Femtwo is a possibility. Wanting Femtwo just to spite people is immature. Also wanting Mewtwo to change just so people who think he's a clone can know different makes 0 sense, specially since it would piss off many of the people who do know he's not a clone.

Why would you alianate the people who legitemately like the character in order to please the people who don't?

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
i forgive you and dont agree with your assessment. my lols were because i was being attacked left and right even though i was just sticking up for people who were being called petty and i couldnt believe it. he said it was petty and then said "its not my muh mutwo!!". it was derogatory in every sense and there wasnt much other ways to look at it. but i forgive you!

Awkward...

Giga-Goojin Meme 3.jpg

Giga-Goojin Meme 2.jpg

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Femtwo is a possibility. Wanting Femtwo just to spite people is immature. Also wanting Mewtwo to change just so people who think he's a clone can know different makes 0 sense, specially since it would piss off many of the people who do know he's not a clone.

Why would you alianate the people who legitemately like the character in order to please the people who don't?
Eisen said Femtwo was a possibility, not that his moves should change. Unless it's related to spoon

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Also, I reserve the right to respond in kind to those Femtwo haters who decided to open up their arguments with personal attacks rather than civil discussion. My spite is reserved for them. :evil:
I guess that means I reserve the right to infract those out to cause flame wars.

So what about everyone who **** on me for thinking Femtwo was even a possibility, then?
You be the better person and let it go.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Femtwo is a possibility. Wanting Femtwo just to spite people is immature.
I never claimed that it wasn't. In fact, I have been very open about the fact that I would very much like Femtwo to be a thing if only because of dealings with the ruder sorts of contrarians here. @ itsaxelol itsaxelol is in fact the most polite such Femtwo hater I've encountered.

Also wanting Mewtwo to change just so people who think he's a clone can know different makes 0 sense.
Uh, no, that was secondary. I wanted the spoon because I prefer PokéSpe to the anime dungheap first, because it differentiates Mewtwo second.

Define "legitimately." I doubt it includes considering not having the character you claim to like preferable to that having that character, but with a voice you didn't care for.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
Personally, I'd prefer a mute/feral Mewtwo because I don't want to hear lines of dialogue, I want to hear awesome sound effects as I combo my enemies into the dust. Then again, I usually keep my volume muted, so it wouldn't affect me anyways.

13 more days!
not to jump back into this but i feel the need to state that so many people are failing to see the subtle differences in body language and expressions that male/movie1 mewtwo v femtwo. infact, only @ Chiroz Chiroz has acknowledged what i said. if you go to page 111 in this thread. you will see mewtwo carelessly, without opening his eyes, chuck link out of the way. as if he doesnt need to be bothered with the hero of time; hes a jabroni compared to mewtwo. you will also see people flip their **** because theyre so happy mewtwo is retaining its badass qualities. thats something exclusive to the movie 1/melee/and what seems to be smash 4 mewtwo character as opposed to the female mewtwo.

so even if you play with no volume, this could still effect you visually

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Eisen said Femtwo was a possibility, not that his moves should change. Unless it's related to spoon
He said he wanted Femtwo to spite people who didn't want Femtwo.

Also he said he wanted Mewtwo to change in order to show people he isn't a clone and that he didn't care for the people who wanted him to stay the same.

I don't mind people wanting different things than me but I think those reasons are not good reasons to want something.

To be fair many others did act very aggresively towards him and that is just as wrong. I am not calling them out because I don't want to participate in a "my opinion is better than yours" debate.

I never claimed that it wasn't. In fact, I have been very open about the fact that I would very much like Femtwo to be a thing if only because of dealings with the ruder sorts of contrarians here. @ itsaxelol itsaxelol is in fact the most polite such Femtwo hater I've encountered.

Uh, no, that was secondary. I wanted the spoon because I prefer PokéSpe to the anime dungheap first, because it differentiates Mewtwo second.

Define "legitimately." I doubt it includes considering not having the character you claim to like preferable to that having that character, but with a voice you didn't care for.
I like Mewtwo for who he is, not what he is (And most peple agree with me). The fact that I like my girlfriend doesn't mean I like every single other human being in the planet. The fact that I like a person who has a twin doesn't mean I like the twin as well.

For me, Mewtwo and Femtwo are 2 different characters. That said Smash 4 Mewtwo is already close enough to Melee that I don't really care about the voice anymore.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
I like Mewtwo for who he is, not what he is (And most peple agree with me). The fact that I like my girlfriend doesn't mean I like every single other human being in the planet. The fact that I like a person who has a twin doesn't mean I like the twin as well.

For me, Mewtwo and Femtwo are 2 different characters. That said Smash 4 Mewtwo is already close enough to Melee that I don't really care about the voice anymore.
Whether or not the majority agrees with you doesn't mean the minority has to like it. The way I see it, I'll be saying something in the "I Was Wrong" thread either way... whether it includes this turning out to not be the version I'm expecting given the established pattern depends on which way the wind blows.

...When I get Mewtwo on the 28th, mind. I will make no apologies based on hearsay.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
wanting the spoon mewtwo isn't really anything to bring up because that was never canon.
To be fair, Spoon Mewtwo was the first real media adaption of Mewtwo. Not counting Pocket Monster's Gag Clefairy DNA Mixup, which turned M2 into a different original character after a quick cameo.

Anyway, canon arguments died with M16 and were spit on by Sakurai allowing Pikachu to be 3/4 the size of Charizard. Though you are right in that the most influence comes from the anime.

Am personally betting on the original voice, if only for the similarities to Melee Mewtwo/Marth still doesn't have an English voice. If it's the new Mewtwo then whatever, it just means one good thing came out of M16.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Whether or not the majority agrees with you doesn't mean the minority has to like it. The way I see it, I'll be saying something in the "I Was Wrong" thread either way... whether it includes this turning out to not be the version I'm expecting given the established pattern depends on which way the wind blows.

...When I get Mewtwo on the 28th, mind. I will make no apologies based on hearsay.

I never said the minority had to like it. In fact you are the one who WANTS the majority to have to deal with it.

My argument is that the most logical step in designing a character is to appeal to the majority and to the ones who do care than to the minority and the ones that don't care.

As I said I haven't claimed that the voice is male. I have no idea what it's going to be, I probably won't until the 15th, but I feel like including it to spite the vast majority of fans is not a valid or intelligent decision.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
And in case any of you are wondering, that incredible banner in the OP was made by yours truly:p. It was a gift from me to Speed.
Oh, that reminds me. @Speed - Here's another gift from me to you! @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy - You can rest easy now:p.
With text:
View attachment 45551
Or without:
View attachment 45547
The choice is yours.
Is it wrong that I read the top gif in Wonder Blue's voice?

Fans can never be truly satisfied. That's the problem Sakurai has. He does one thing for one sect of fans but the others begin complaining and so on.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
To be fair, Spoon Mewtwo was the first real media adaption of Mewtwo. Not counting Pocket Monster's Gag Clefairy DNA Mixup, which turned M2 into a different original character after a quick cameo.

Anyway, canon arguments died with M16 and were spit on by Sakurai allowing Pikachu to be 3/4 the size of Charizard. Though you are right in that the most influence comes from the anime.

Am personally betting on the original voice, if only for the similarities to Melee Mewtwo/Marth still doesn't have an English voice. If it's the new Mewtwo then whatever, it just means one good thing came out of M16.
yea i just meant the comics has never been influenced in smash

the original voice is a long shot - the melee sound clips are too low quality. and i doubt they found the old VA from 15 years ago. as @ Chiroz Chiroz said, at this point, mewtwo has been modeled after his movie 1/melee and his actions show it. even if he just grunts and doesnt have the evil laugh, im happy. having a -good- dark deep evil VA would be icing ontop. but after fox/falco/lucario etc im not even sure i want to risk a new VA lol

OmegaSorin

The Lucky Hero
NNID
Semjax

the original voice is a long shot - the melee sound clips are too low quality. and i doubt they found the old VA from 15 years ago. as @ Chiroz Chiroz said, at this point, mewtwo has been modeled after his movie 1/melee and his actions show it. even if he just grunts and doesnt have the evil laugh, im happy. having a -good- dark deep evil VA would be icing ontop. but after fox/falco/lucario etc im not even sure i want to risk a new VA lol

MISSHUN COMPRETE

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
At long last, I know that I'm not the only one!
I used to rock a Wonder Blue avi/sig combo.
Easily one of my favourite Wonderful Ones. Prince Vorkken though. If Red gets in then Vorkken should be an alt with purple Unite Morphs.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Which is kind of funny, as they have used Triple Finish in the manga. :pt:

Have never been serious about the spoon, but I do love the manga, think it's cool/unique, and think it'd be an easy buff (not that that matters anymore).

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
I'm glad I'm going to be on vacation next week. It'll help the wait for Mewtwo pass a little bit faster. Unfortunately the 15th is two days before an exam I have to take for my fellowship/master's coursework, but it'll still provide a nice study break and post-test reward.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
I never said the minority had to like it. In fact you are the one who WANTS the majority to have to deal with it.
Because a good portion of that majority - or at least a very vocal portion - decided they were going to act like sugar-doped twelve-year-olds about it, yes. I honestly will feel for those of you who at least kept out of the ad hominem when discussing it if it comes to pass, but the surest cure for spoiling is to deny the brats what they want.

My argument is that the most logical step in designing a character is to appeal to the majority and to the ones who do care than to the minority and the ones that don't care.
Counterpoint: Thus far Sakurai has cared more for surprise and shock value than what anybody playing the game might actually have wanted. He's put in what he wants, end of story. Which means, yes, if Sakurai wants it to be Femtwo, then it will be so, regardless of what the "majority" wants.

As I said I haven't claimed that the voice is male. I have no idea what it's going to be, I probably won't until the 15th, but I feel like including it to spite the vast majority of fans is not a valid or intelligent decision.
Lot of dumb decisions so far, though... it wouldn't break the pattern in the least. I'll just not draft whatever I'll be committing until I've confirmed it myself, because in this age of technology I honestly don't trust anyone here not to edit their preferences into gameplay videos somehow, nor to be entirely honest when reporting it on the forums.

As I've said, I expect I'll be hitting the knee either way once I have it.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The Wonderful 101 is such an underrated gem. It's a real shame, honestly.
Part of the problem was the NA release was right as GTA V came out.
Europe got it at the end of August and I loved every second of it before getting GTA V. I still replay it when possible.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
Which is kind of funny, as they have used Triple Finish in the manga. :pt:

Have never been serious about the spoon, but I do love the manga, think it's cool/unique, and think it'd be an easy buff (not that that matters anymore).
in that case, i admit never is too strong. but a single thing over almost 20 years doesnt change my point too much, right? ;) im also fairly certain ashes pokemon have done a triple finish type move numerous times. was it actually called triple finish in the comic?

Last edited:
Top Bottom