• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
please dont pick apart the post. just quote it and respond. i am above the age of 7, i will be able to figure out what goes with what

if you want to argument semantics then go look at the recent poll that was done on this board. semantics are going to work in my favor. again, bringing up spoon mewtwo is pointless, because it was never canon in the games nor the anime. and thats what smash pokemon has been based on since inception. you shouldnt even be talking about this. it was never going to happen and its not a good example

as far as "its not the mewtwo i want then i dont care" - considering this is literally a popularity contest where you want your character to get into the video game, lol... no, calling you out for immaturity is not humourous. its very childish to claim others are being petty by wanting their character in
Uh no. What's petty is people whinging they'll drop a character because it doesn't have the voice they want which was my original point.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
None of us are doubting Mewtwo's male voice, we're just saying it's dumb to lose all interest because of a goddamn voice, ♂Two and ♀Two are canon, only Mewtwo is based on his installment in smash
did you just ignore my other post? ill type it out more clear for you - im saying whoever is stating its "dumb" or "petty" is short sighted and does not realize that there would be very distinctive differences between the two, aside from the voice

edit: just like @ Schnee117 Schnee117

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
i
you are objectively wrong, friend. as confirmed multiple times from sakurai, pokemon representation comes from both the games and the anime
Sakurai has proven time and again that he will cherry-pick whatever argument is necessary to suit his own position. PokéSpe Mewtwo is no less canon than anime Mewtwo. Pokémon is, at its core, a game-centric franchise and no amount of prepubescent ****ery is going to change that.

The fact of the matter is, yes, Mewtwo is a newt. Genderless. This is the only canon. Anything else is nostalgia and personal preference... in this case, Sakurai's and Sakurai's alone. He wants the original, basso voice Mewtwo? Fine, great, everyone gets the nostalgia. He prefers the newer, feminine one? Guess what you'll have to put up with.

Now, do please note that - assuming everyone saying so is not, in fact, hearing what they want to hear - I don't have the greatest aural discernment; the only thing I heard from Mewtwo in that trailer was attack FX. My working opinion is thus that he intends to spring the "surprise!" on us again... which - hey! - means Femtwo or (apparently nigh completely unconsidered) Feraltwo. Twenty-six days may or may not prove me to simply be paranoid.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Neither one of you is petty or stupid.

Neither side of this argument is petty or stupid.

Not a single person on this thread is petty or stupid.

This argument is petty and stupid.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
did you just ignore my other post? ill type it out more clear for you - im saying whoever is stating its "dumb" or "petty" is short sighted and does not realize that there would be very distinctive differences between the two, aside from the voice

Yes I do wear glasses. Well done.
Mewtwo is Mewtwo regardless of voice, personality etc.

MK X stream time for those care.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Final thing I'm saying on this. Sonic's Brawl voice is miles (huehue) better than his Sm4sh voice. And about your point on expressions, argument invalid, Mewtwo is essentially an emotionless killer in the games and that's shown in Melee. His previous appearance. That this is based on. The only non-Melee things are Jab finisher, more taunts and Final Smash

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
Sakurai has proven time and again that he will cherry-pick whatever argument is necessary to suit his own position. PokéSpe Mewtwo is no less canon than anime Mewtwo. Pokémon is, at its core, a game-centric franchise and no amount of prepubescent ******y is going to change that.

The fact of the matter is, yes, Mewtwo is a newt. Genderless. This is the only canon. Anything else is nostalgia and personal preference... in this case, Sakurai's and Sakurai's alone. He wants the original, basso voice Mewtwo? Fine, great, everyone gets the nostalgia. He prefers the newer, feminine one? Guess what you'll have to put up with.

Now, do please note that - assuming everyone saying so is not, in fact, hearing what they want to hear - I don't have the greatest aural discernment; the only thing I heard from Mewtwo in that trailer was attack FX. My working opinion is thus that he intends to spring the "surprise!" on us again... which - hey! - means Femtwo or (apparently nigh completely unconsidered) Feraltwo. Twenty-six days may or may not prove me to simply be paranoid.
i see what youre saying. and i understand sakurai is crazy. but it doesnt change the fact that this game takes as much from the anime as it does the games. i mean, mewtwo himself in melee, was movie 1 mewtwo. the evil male voice metwtwo. not the mute genderless no speaking mewtwo. so its kind of hard to argue "this is the only canon, it only is based off the games" when it has always been otherwise, you know?

Final thing I'm saying on this. Sonic's Brawl voice is miles (huehue) better than his Sm4sh voice. And about your point on expressions, argument invalid, Mewtwo is essentially an emotionless killer in the games and that's shown in Melee. His previous appearance. That this is based on. The only non-Melee things are Jab finisher, more taunts and Final Smash
what are you talking about?! melee mewtwo is not emotionless; he grunts, screams and speaks in english! lmao. he had his evil laughed taken right from the movie! what are you on man lol

also sonics voice seems like a silly thing to bring up. its another male VA doing his best sonic impersonation. a stark contrast from a male with a deep mysterious voice to a complete sex change. jeez. again, i dont even get why you would bring that up

Last edited:

OmegaSorin

The Lucky Hero
NNID
Semjax

Seriously, Who cares Guys. Nobody Cares. Stop the circle jerk of ****tery and get back to talking about how Mewtwo is awesome no matter the case.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
i see what youre saying. and i understand sakurai is crazy. but it doesnt change the fact that this game takes as much from the anime as it does the games. i mean, mewtwo himself in melee, was movie 1 mewtwo. the evil male voice metwtwo. not the mute genderless no speaking mewtwo. so its kind of hard to argue "this is the only canon, it only is based off the games" when it has always been otherwise, you know?
Right, but my point was that pointing at PokéSpe as non-canon while accepting something else just as tangential is a poor argument. I, personally, liked the spoon because I felt it would have been a great way to help set Mewtwo apart from Lucario... don't lie, we both know there are people who'll be accusing one or the other of being a clone. That's going to be the greater disappointment for me than whether Mewtwo's voice is done by a man or a woman, and I only support the latter idea out of spite, now.

But... lack of combat spoons notwithstanding, I'm still going to pick Mewtwo back up and main it. Why? Because it's Mewtwo. Regardless of who's voicing it, or whether it lost an opportunity to pick up new tricks for the fight, Mewtwo is Mewtwo.

...Also, I'd like to point out that I'd been supporting a different voice actress in the event of Femtwo. One known to have produced a bad*ss, in fact. :p

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Can we please not argue about how childish or not childish it is to drop a character because its not the one you want? I mean, come on guys, its not like winning this argument will change anything. It's just causing unnecessary trouble. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, whether I or anyone else likes it or not, and we should respect it, not argue over it like a bunch of kids. I know we're better than this.
I don't think there is a way to "win" this, but just come to an understanding, basically everything you said beyond the bolded sentence.

Since respect and understanding are probably the best ways to go about this now, I'll flat out say that any arguing now is pretty much gravedigging, or "unnecessary trouble" as U-Throw said. There's more points that can be made, of course, but it's probably not for the best at this point.

In other news, I made this thing. VVV

Attachments

Last edited:

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
well thats the problem. the movie 16 "mewtwo" isnt really awesome, lol
Right, but my point was that pointing at PokéSpe as non-canon while accepting something else just as tangential is a poor argument. I, personally, liked the spoon because I felt it would have been a great way to help set Mewtwo apart from Lucario... don't lie, we both know there are people who'll be accusing one or the other of being a clone. That's going to be the greater disappointment for me than whether Mewtwo's voice is done by a man or a woman, and I only support the latter idea out of spite, now.

But... lack of combat spoons notwithstanding, I'm still going to pick Mewtwo back up and main it. Why? Because it's Mewtwo. Regardless of who's voicing it, or whether it lost an opportunity to pick up new tricks for the fight, Mewtwo is Mewtwo.

...Also, I'd like to point out that I'd been supporting a different voice actress in the event of Femtwo. One known to have produced a bad*ss, in fact. :p
friend, im afraid its not a poor mans argument, because thats how smash works. smash uses the anime. smash doesnt use the manga. it objectively cannot be considered a poor argument, because that is the pokemon smash brothers standard

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
It's alright, I'm putting him on ignore for less alerts. The gif's from Pitch Perfect, right? That movie was kinda dumb imo. Oh yeah, when I was a kid I saw a magazine which had a death battle-like thing, Mewtwo vs Sonic, Mewtwo read his mind about Tails in lingerie making Sonic flee, think he lost to Kirby afterwards

Seriously, Who cares Guys. Nobody Cares. Stop the circle jerk of ****tery and get back to talking about how Mewtwo is awesome no matter the case.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
It's alright, I'm putting him on ignore for less alerts. The gif's from Pitch Perfect, right? That movie was kinda dumb imo. Oh yeah, when I was a kid I saw a magazine which had a death battle-like thing, Mewtwo vs Sonic, Mewtwo read his mind about Tails in lingerie making Sonic flee, think he lost to Kirby afterwards
youre really going to block me? wtf? are you 12? lol

Last edited:

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
i dont know how you can use the internet and have such a thin layer of skin lol. i was mainly talking to regigigas so thats just weird

anyway. no female mewtwo. thank god. we can all be happy now

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
youre really going to block me? wtf? are you 12? lol
Maybe you should just leave the thread. Spitting out insults at somebody who is a regular around this thread is like threatening a family member. And using the word "lol" doesn't exactly make you seem mature.

No one should EVER care if Mewtwo is Male or Female. It's absolutely a petty argument and if you can't see that then maybe your not looking at the bigger picture.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
friend, im afraid its not a poor mans argument, because thats how smash works. smash uses the anime. smash doesnt use the manga. it objectively cannot be considered a poor argument, because that is the pokemon smash brothers standard
Then were you using "canon" in reference to Smash Bros alone, or to everything that Mewtwo appears in? Because in the former case, yes, I can see that, but the latter is objectively false. In the latter case, the manga is no less canon than the anime, and they're both less canon than the main-series video games.

Either way, I'm not complaining; I would have liked to see things from the manga folded in (because PokéSpe has so much more bad*ss **** to offer than the anime), but again, it's Mewtwo. I'll be taking it to the practice dojo regardless.

anyway. no female mewtwo. thank god. we can all be happy now
...I respect your level of confidence.

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111

OmegaSorin

The Lucky Hero
NNID
Semjax
Problem: All the fans are angry and saying it didn't need a sequel

It's okay, I've made that mistake a few times to others too XD
I actually agree with you on that, I loved the first Frozen, and it was good enough that they didn't have to freaking Lion King 2 it.

Lion King is my favorite Disney movie, then it was ruined by 2

and yay, forgiveness.

Last edited:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Welp, time for me to sink into depression. Lucina was really the ONLY amiibo I wanted and now she's ****ing out of stock.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
Maybe you should just leave the thread. Spitting out insults at somebody who is a regular around this thread is like threatening a family member. And using the word "lol" doesn't exactly make you seem mature.

No one should EVER care if Mewtwo is Male or Female. It's absolutely a petty argument and if you can't see that then maybe your not looking at the bigger picture.
lol he told me he was blocking me, which is basically soliciting an insult, get out of here. dont put him on a pedestal because hes your friend

thats your opinion. and a short sighted one. as i said. look how many people are excited that its "badass" mewtwo in the picture thread. people are literally typing gibberish in caps

i dont really want to talk about this anymore as its not going anywhere

Then were you using "canon" in reference to Smash Bros alone, or to everything that Mewtwo appears in? Because in the former case, yes, I can see that, but the latter is objectively false. In the latter case, the manga is no less canon than the anime, and they're both less canon than the main-series video games.

Either way, I'm not complaining; I would have liked to see things from the manga folded in (because PokéSpe has so much more bad*ss **** to offer than the anime), but again, it's Mewtwo. I'll be taking it to the practice dojo regardless.

yes, indeed, i meant smash canon; which takes pokemon canon from games and movies

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
OMG

https://mobile.twitter.com/realyoshiller/status/583712195927748609

Do you notice where mewtwo and the other 5 pokemon are at?

Even more 8 player smash stages confirmed for the update as well.
Mewtwo: This is MY personal space, bug off!
I actually agree with you on that, I loved the first Frozen, and it was good enough that they didn't have to freaking Lion King 2 it.

Lion King is my favorite Disney movie, then it was ruined by 2

and yay, forgiveness.
I think Lion King's overrated, a classic, yes, I just don't think it's as good as everyone says. Lilo and Stitch best Disney movie for me. Stitch looks like Sableye too, my second favourite pokemon!

OmegaSorin

The Lucky Hero
NNID
Semjax
lol he told me he was blocking me, get out of here. dont put him on a pedestal because hes your friend

thats your opinion. and a short sighted one. as i said. look how many people are excited that its "badass" mewtwo in the picture thread. people are literally typing gibberish in caps

Responding to people with heated responses, be it towards the person, or against the person, is silly. Just let it go, and get on with your life.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
lol he told me he was blocking me, get out of here. dont put him on a pedestal because hes your friend

yes, indeed, i meant smash canon; which takes pokemon canon from games and movies
@ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy - Don't like this post. Just this once, don't like it. Nobody deserves a like for insulting a regular on this Board, especially one as cool as you.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace

Responding to people with heated responses, be it towards the person, or against the person, is silly. Just let it go, and get on with your life.
im fine dude, thanks. i didnt block anyone. lol

@ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy - Don't like this post. Just this once, don't like it. Nobody deserves a like for insulting a regular on this Board, especially one as cool as you.
what? who am i insulting?

Last edited:
Top Bottom