• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Oops... Heh, heh. Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. I guess it's knockback didn't really change at all. Sorry, everyone, I forgot about how Mewtwo's B-Air worked in Melee. You guys can just disregard that now. My apologies.

As for your post about the clones, thank you! As a person who mains Dr. Mario (That'll change when Mewtwo releases, of course.), I couldn't agree more. I love the clones!
I heard that one clone takes 1/6th the development time of a regular character, so take that as you will.

Also the hitbox on the tip of the tail used to be disjointed which made it extremely good for gimping. Hopefully it remains the same :D. Although part of me feels like the tail won't be disjointed at all now that it sticks closer to Mewtwo's body.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I doubt it. But I'm sure they've picked up on what the fans want.
Doubtless, they've probably seen the pictures we've posted of the skins we want. "Shadow Mewtwo" or...whatever you wish to call him, is quite popular wherever you look.
oh i get it now :rotfl:

ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL!
[spoiler/]

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
It looks like disable might not be a projectile anymore. The screenshots and trailer make it look like a close proximity move.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I love the fact that his finger tips are plump unlike the weird looking skinny ones used in Melee.
Yeah, Melee was a little weird about Mewtwo's proportions. His head was pretty big, as well. It looks like it belongs on my desk next to my other Pokémon bobble heads:laugh:.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX

"Get out of my face, weakling."

That expression, though. He is so done with these fools. :3
"Go back to Bottom Tier, Link." ;)
UUUURRRG THE UTTER BADASSERY!

Anyway, I'm finally back to not being Shaq, yiss. Back to using my green text.

So, there's so much crap I'm not thinking about and so much other crap I'm realizing due to being this hyped.

Like, I didn't even consider how big Mewtwo's hype train is probably gonna be. I'm honestly not gonna like seeing Mewtwo as probably the guy played 90% of the time in For Glory after its release for the first couple of days. Although, I can easily forgive that knowing it's MEWWWWWWWWWTWWWWWWWWOOOO and all.

The worst case scenario that I hope doesn't happen is that a crap-ton of people flood to Mewtwo, many of them noobs or something, and say, within the first couple of hours of playing it, "WAO, SAKURAI, MEWTWO IS REALLY OP/UP". (Does this sound familiar? A certain boxer already got this treatment. Well I mean his jab was pretty crazy until nerfed)

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Yeah, Melee was a little weird about Mewtwo's proportions. His head was pretty big, as well. It looks like it belongs on my desk next to my other Pokémon bobble heads:laugh:.

Only those fingertips, really. Mewtwo's sprites did have her head a bit oversized back then.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
i am really worried about mewtwo voice after i saw his final smash is Y i dont want mewtwo to get a girl voice. if he does get a girl voice i wont main him. i hope they use his melee voice or giving him his voice from pokemon movie 1 (i know the one who voiced mewtwo died)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
i am really worried about mewtwo voice after i saw his final smash is Y i dont want mewtwo to get a girl voice. if he does get a girl voice i wont main him. i hope they use his melee voice or giving him his voice from pokemon movie 1 (i know the one who voiced mewtwo died)
Girl voice is a dumb reason to not main a character.
Besides it's most likely Melee Mewtwo's voice going from how everything about Mewtwo screams Melee dos point oh.

Sure I'm not fond of FemTwo but:
FemTwo > No Mewtwo at all.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
While I would prefer for Mewtwo to have a masculine voice, him having a feminine voice wouldn't turn me off from him or anything. I'd still main him. That's just me, though.
And, contrary to popular belief, Jay Geode is still alive. The reason most people think he's dead is because he went under the pseudonym "Phillip Bartlett" when he was credited in Mewtwo Strikes Back. So he could still potentially voice Mewtwo, assuming he's willing.

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
While I would prefer for Mewtwo to have a masculine voice, him having a feminine voice wouldn't turn me off from him or anything. I'd still main him. That's just me, though.
And, contrary to popular belief, Jay Geode is still alive. The reason most people think he's dead is because he went under the pseudonym "Phillip Bartlett" when he was credited in Mewtwo Strikes Back. So he could still potentially voice Mewtwo, assuming he's willing.
I have to agree with all of this. I really don't like the female voice but Mewtwo will be my main no matter what.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
mewtwo girl voice was one of the reasons why pokemon movie 16 was my most hated movie
i will really be mad if he got a girl voice
Well as you say there were more problems with the 16th Movie than FemTwo. The problem with FemTwo wasn't so much the voice as it was the crappy material the actress had to work with.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
mewtwo girl voice was one of the reasons why pokemon movie 16 was my most hated movie
i will really be mad if he got a girl voice
Now, see, I want it to be a Femtwo just because of people like you. But you won't see me ******** and refusing to play just because it doesn't turn out my way. Refusal to play a character you wanted just because it has a voice you hated is completely idiotic.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Now, see, I want it to be a Femtwo just because of people like you. But you won't see me *****ing and refusing to play just because it doesn't turn out my way. Refusal to play a character you wanted just because it has a voice you hated is completely idiotic.
or maybe i can just turn off the character sound but its not going to be enjoyable for me :ohwell:

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
@Speed, good to see another mewtwo supporter from pre release. the hurdles we have overcome! roster leak without mewtwo, various tips saying mewtwo would be last unlockable, watching the live jp streams to see if mewtwo would be unlocked, the deconfirmation..the confirmation until present day. what a story mewtwo had

and guys. keep in mind melee SFX cannot be ported over; they're too low quality. meaning that mewtwo is now in HD with updated animations and his sound effects will either sound better or different all together. this is also a new engine, and he seems to be faster. all in all, even if you are a little upset he has his melee moveset, he is going to feel brand ****ing new!

Last edited:

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
Girl voice is a dumb reason to not main a character.
Besides it's most likely Melee Mewtwo's voice going from how everything about Mewtwo screams Melee dos point oh.

Sure I'm not fond of FemTwo but:
FemTwo > No Mewtwo at all.
its really not a dumb reason. 90% of mewtwo fans are fans because of r/b/y and movie 1. movie 1 game mewtwo the richest character development in all things pokemon. people fell in love with that mewtwo. movie 16 female mewtwo, while being -a- mewtwo, is not -the- mewtwo people want. its different

call me crazy but i was adamant in pre release thread that i would rather have no mewtwo at all them female mewtwo. its a seperate character and not who i wanted in

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
its really not a dumb reason. 90% of mewtwo fans are fans because of r/b/y and movie 1. movie 1 game mewtwo the richest character development in all things pokemon. people fell in love with that mewtwo. movie 16 female mewtwo, while being -a- mewtwo, is not -the- mewtwo people want. its different

call me crazy but i was adamant in pre release thread that i would rather have no mewtwo at all them female mewtwo. its a seperate character and not who i wanted in
Mewtwo's Mewtwo regardless of gender (or lack thereof).
I wanted Manga Mewtwo because of the Spoon Sword but I didn't get that. I got a revamped Melee Mewtwo. I'm not going to drop Mewtwo because it's a different Mewtwo. If I drop Mewtwo it's because it doesn't fit my style not for something as petty as "it's not muh favorite Muto!"

Guys, is a voice that bad? It's like complaining about Sonic having green eyes and blue arms...
It's comparable to this.

Last edited:

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
mewtwo is mewtwo in the sense that its -a- mewtwo. but hes not -the- mewtwo. hes not the mewtwo everyone loves for character development. not the mewtwo people grew up with. its a completely seperate character, that has the body of mewtwo

wanting the spoon mewtwo isn't really anything to bring up because that was never canon. no part of you should have ever expected it, so you should have never been in the position to "drop him" as your main if he never had it

i think its a little ridiculous and immature that youre seeing this as petty. its a seperate character completely. do you not understand that?

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
I'm really excited about his moveset. I loved the Melee moves (except disable and confusion) and was hoping he'd keep most of them, if not all. Really glad he'll keep his Nair!

With regards to the voice, it'd be off-putting to me if Mewtwo had a female voice, but I'll take what I can get (my preference would be Origins sounds). A female voice would remind me of the female character, whom I wasn't very fond of, but whatever. Mewtwo is Mewtwo!

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
mewtwo is mewtwo in the sense that its -a- mewtwo. but hes not -the- mewtwo. hes not the mewtwo everyone loves for character development. not the mewtwo people grew up with. its a completely seperate character, that has the body of mewtwo
You see the use of everyone works against you here. Whilst yes Mewtwo was great in the first movie (and the special Johto episode) not every Mewtwo fan has seen those. They may just know him as the really powerful Psychic type legendary Pokemon or the Pokemon that stabbed Deoxys with a Spoon Sword.

wanting the spoon mewtwo isn't really anything to bring up because that was never canon. no part of you should have ever expected it, so you should have never been in the position to "drop him" as your main if he never had it
Yes it is canon. In the mangaverse.
I never would drop Mewtwo or any character because they didn't turn out how I wanted.
I wanted a unique Lucina. I still main her despite being an inferior clone of Marth.

i think its a little ridiculous and immature that youre seeing this as petty. its a seperate character completely. do you not understand that?
All I'm seeing is "If it's not the Mewtwo I want then I don't care!"
So calling me out for immaturity is quite rich don't you think?

OmegaSorin

The Lucky Hero
NNID
Semjax
I'm really excited about his moveset. I loved the Melee moves (except disable and confusion) and was hoping he'd keep most of them, if not all. Really glad he'll keep his Nair!

With regards to the voice, it'd be off-putting to me if Mewtwo had a female voice, but I'll take what I can get (my preference would be Origins sounds). A female voice would remind me of the female character, whom I wasn't very fond of, but whatever. Mewtwo is Mewtwo!
I would be devastated to hear mewtwo having a female voice. Ever since Pokemon The Movie, he's had a deep male mystical voice.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX

*Dang, a whole argument broke out while I was typing this. o.o

I easily understand this logic, as I sorta had this opinion prerelease as well, but I really just wanted Mewtwo in no matter what.

ManTwo =/= FemTwo =/= OriginsTwo, so may seem like it's one of 3 characters getting in, but my logic is that it's still Mewtwo regardless; the character being in it more important than its voice. A voice shouldn't keep you from having fun with the character's moveset and everything else, in my opinion. However...

True, the voice will change the overall perspective of the character, so whether or not people would drop Mewtwo over its voice brings into question what that individual truly likes about Mewtwo and their perspective of it. If you like Mewtwo's character just as much as, if not more than its moveset in Smash, then you're likely going to incredibly prefer one of the voices over the others, as the voices differentiate several versions of the same Pokemon. If you have preference of Mewtwo's moveset and as a Smash character, you likely won't care as much what voice it got.

Finally, I lie somewhere in the middle of this. I saw Mewtwo first in the first Pokemon movie, but I grew up with it thereafter in the core Pokemon games, in which it had no voice. I played Melee afterI stopped caring as much about what voice Mewtwo had as the game version became the version I identified with the most, so Mewtwo having the Origins voice, if no voice at all, makes the most sense to me, but won't shift me playing it, as I personally don't care about its voice.

TL;DR: There have been several iterations of Mewtwo, so it makes sense for someone to identify with one of them, considering that each one is indeed a separate character. It depends on who you are and your experiences seeing said character. It's not petty to strongly prefer a certain iteration, but it can be a bit irrational, IMO.

"To each, their own" is one of the best phrases that can end this argument, in my opinion.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Can we please not argue about how childish or not childish it is to drop a character because its not the one you want? I mean, come on guys, its not like winning this argument will change anything. It's just causing unnecessary trouble. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, whether I or anyone else likes it or not, and we should respect it, not argue over it like a bunch of kids. I know we're better than this.

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
Nah, I dont think theres really anything to worry about.
I think Sakurai is using a mix of originaltwo/origins.
Kinda like how he dealed with Pacman (not using his most recent design)
Sakurai probably knows that not many people like Femtwo so he's using a more neutral choice.

OmegaSorin

The Lucky Hero
NNID
Semjax
Can we please not argue about how childish or not childish it is to drop a character because its not the one you want? I mean, come on guys, its not like winning this argument will change anything. It's just causing unnecessary trouble. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, whether I or anyone else likes it or not, and we should respect it, not argue over it like a bunch of kids. I know we're better than this.
I want it to be clear on my part, even if he had a female voice, I'd still try to play him. I just would be sad he doesn't have a male voice like all his other iterations.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
You see the use of everyone works against you here. Whilst yes Mewtwo was great in the first movie (and the special Johto episode) not every Mewtwo fan has seen those. They may just know him as the really powerful Psychic type legendary Pokemon or the Pokemon that stabbed Deoxys with a Spoon Sword.

Yes it is canon. In the mangaverse.
I never would drop Mewtwo or any character because they didn't turn out how I wanted.
I wanted a unique Lucina. I still main her despite being an inferior clone of Marth.

All I'm seeing is "If it's not the Mewtwo I want then I don't care!"
So calling me out for immaturity is quite rich don't you think?
please dont pick apart the post. just quote it and respond. i am above the age of 7, i will be able to figure out what goes with what

if you want to argument semantics then go look at the recent poll that was done on this board. semantics are going to work in my favor. again, bringing up spoon mewtwo is pointless, because it was never canon in the games nor the anime. and thats what smash pokemon has been based on since inception. you shouldnt even be talking about this. it was never going to happen and its not a good example

as far as "its not the mewtwo i want then i dont care" - considering this is literally a popularity contest where you want your character to get into the video game, lol... no, calling you out for immaturity is not humourous. its very childish to claim others are being petty by wanting their character in

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
please dont pick apart the post. just quote it and respond. i am above the age of 7, i will be able to figure out what goes with what

if you want to argument semantics then go look at the recent poll that was done on this board. semantics are going to work in my favor. again, bringing up spoon mewtwo is pointless, because it was never canon in the games nor the anime. and thats what smash pokemon has been based on since inception. you shouldnt even be talking about this. it was never going to happen and its not a good example

as far as "its not the mewtwo i want then i dont care" - considering this is literally a popularity contest where you want your character to get into the video game, lol... no, calling you out for immaturity is not humourous. its very childish to claim others are being petty by wanting their character in
He put it apart to make it more easy for everyone, Mewtwo never had a voice in the games and why are you mentioning the Ballot? Only absolute morons would vote for Mewtwo

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
*Dang, a whole argument broke out while I was typing this. o.o

I easily understand this logic, as I sorta had this opinion prerelease as well, but I really just wanted Mewtwo in no matter what.

ManTwo =/= FemTwo =/= OriginsTwo, so may seem like it's one of 3 characters getting in, but my logic is that it's still Mewtwo regardless; the character being in it more important than its voice. A voice shouldn't keep you from having fun with the character's moveset and everything else, in my opinion. However...

True, the voice will change the overall perspective of the character, so whether or not people would drop Mewtwo over its voice brings into question what that individual truly likes about Mewtwo and their perspective of it. If you like Mewtwo's character just as much as, if not more than its moveset in Smash, then you're likely going to incredibly prefer one of the voices over the others, as the voices differentiate several versions of the same Pokemon. If you have preference of Mewtwo's moveset and as a Smash character, you likely won't care as much what voice it got.

Finally, I lie somewhere in the middle of this. I saw Mewtwo first in the first Pokemon movie, but I grew up with it thereafter in the core Pokemon games, in which it had no voice. I stopped caring as much about what voice Mewtwo had as the game version became the version I identified with the most, so Mewtwo having the Origins voice, if no voice at all, makes the most sense to me, but won't shift me playing it, as I personally don't care about its voice.

im afraid a lot of people did not/do not see the bigger picture in female mewtwo. it did not stop at the voice. im using past tense because this mewtwo will not have a female voice and theres no need to talk about it further. but for arguments sake

go into the other thread and look at the amount of people splooging over mewtwos render and body language. there is posts with people screaming in caps over mewtwos bthrow. which has him closing his eyes as if he doesnt give a **** about the hero of time. hes not on his level

**** like that, body language and facials, is exclusively apart of the masculine mewtwo. female mewtwo does not display these traits. im afraid subtly like this gets lost on a lot of people. but yea, female mewtwo does not simply stop at the voice (which is bad enough). @ Schnee117 Schnee117 , im sorry, but this is going right over your head

Neither was "male" Mewtwo or "female" Mewtwo. The only canon is the game series that it came from.
you are objectively wrong, friend. as confirmed multiple times from sakurai, pokemon representation comes from both the games and the anime

He put it apart to make it more easy for everyone, Mewtwo never had a voice in the games and why are you mentioning the Ballot? Only absolute morons would vote for Mewtwo
i didnt mention the ballot. i said the poll on this board. go look for it

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
im afraid a lot of people did not/do not see the bigger picture in female mewtwo. it did not stop at the voice. im using past tense because this mewtwo will not have a female voice and theres no need to talk about it further. but for arguments sake

go into the other thread and look at the amount of people spoolding over mewtwos render and body language. there is posts with people screaming in caps over mewtwos bthrow. which has him closing his eyes as if he doesnt give a **** about the hero of time. hes not on his level

**** like that, body language and facials, is exclusively apart of the masculine mewtwo. female mewtwo does not display these traits. im afraid subtly like this gets lost on a lot of people. but yea, female mewtwo does not simply stop at the voice (which is bad enough). @ Schnee117 Schnee117 , im sorry, but this is going right over your head

you are objectively wrong, friend. as confirmed multiple times from sakurai, pokemon representation comes from both the games and the anime

i didnt mention the ballot. i said the poll on this board. go look for it
None of us are doubting Mewtwo's male voice, we're just saying it's dumb to lose all interest because of a goddamn voice, ♂Two and ♀Two are canon, only Mewtwo is based on his installment in smash

Top Bottom