• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Hey guys, something to note

On the official Australian Smash site, it says

'An introduction to the veteran fighter, Mewtwo, has been added'

...does this mean... NOT femtwo? :awesome: (not that I mind if it is, I just want Melee Mewtwo back)
I'm not completely sure. I mean, yes, it could very well mean that it's male Mewtwo, but at the same it could just be saying that Mewtwo itself is back, but not necessarily with all the same assets.
On the subject of Mewtwo's voice, I actually think that Sakurai and the devs are deliberately keeping us in the dark about it. I mean, in Melee, Mewtwo made noises when he used Confusion and Disable, along with a few other attacks. It's really strange that he didn't have voice clips. I think that it's possible that they deliberately cut out Mewtwo's voice for the promotional gameplay just to tease us and hold our interest. It's also possible that they didn't put in Mewtwo's voice because they're waiting to reveal something special about it over the next 2 weeks. Voice select, anyone?

Last edited:

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
I'm not completely sure. I mean, yes, it could very well mean that it's male Mewtwo, but at the same it could just be saying that Mewtwo itself is back, but not necessarily with all the same assets.
On the subject of Mewtwo's voice, I actually think that Sakurai and the devs are deliberately keeping us in the dark about it. I mean, in Melee, Mewtwo made noises when he used Confusion and Disable, along with a few other attacks. It's really strange that he didn't have voice clips. I think that it's possible that they deliberately cut out Mewtwo's voice for the promotional gameplay just to tease us and hold our interest. It's also possible that they didn't put in Mewtwo's voice because they're waiting to reveal something special about it over the next 2 weeks. Voice select, anyone?

There's a few options (for the Eng version at least):

Dan Green
Masachicka Ichimura
Miriam Pultro
Reiko Takashima
Jay Goede

Personally, I hope Masachika Ichimura voices him again, his voice was sinister in Melee and I loved it. Otherwise Dan Green (but I doubt that would ever happen) or Reiko, if not Miriam. I guess it depends and we'll find out on the 15th.

C3CC

Smash Lord
Dear God, please let Mewtwo be male/feral. I'll absolutely despise a female voice.

In other news, I updated my avatar and my signature, and changed my Smashboards theme to Cobalt :) I don't think anyone here cares about that anyway, LOL.

Also, am I the only one who is way more calm now that we got a release date? I actually feel like it was yesterday when we were told about Mewtwo's return. I even think "But isn't he coming, like, way too soon?", and then I remember we've been waiting for a whopping five months. It's like the whole waiting countdown restarted yesterday with the trailer.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Mewtwo Mega Evolves to take out Dr. Mario, Robin, and Wario.

A doctor, a scientist, and a money-focused jerk...

Was...was that a sly reference to Mewtwo killing Dr. Fuji and his team of scientists, and rebelling against Giovanni?

Because that's what I'm assuming.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Er, I made this one if you want it...[collapse=Big]
[/collapse]

If you want I can make you one from whatever part...
Can you do the part where he taunts at the end of the trailer, along with his dark reveal from the beginning (without the splash art).

Make em small enough, but around the height of my Violet gif sig (which is what I want for Mewtwo's dark intro).

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
lol @NonSpecificGuy
I hope we're not overwhelming you...;~;
AHHHHHHHHHH! It's so cool!!!----------------------------------------------------------------------------------->>>

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
There's a few options (for the Eng version at least):

Dan Green
Masachicka Ichimura
Miriam Pultro
Reiko Takashima
Jay Goede

Personally, I hope Masachika Ichimura voices him again, his voice was sinister in Melee and I loved it. Otherwise Dan Green (but I doubt that would ever happen) or Reiko, if not Miriam. I guess it depends and we'll find out on the 15th.
Forgot Mari Devon.

No, she's never done Mewtwo before.

But if we're to have Femtwo I would have her before Miriam Pultro.

Rocksmasha

Smash Cadet
I find it unlikely we are getting Femtwo as, we got the title card "Mewtwo Strikes Back" which had a male Mewtwo. Instead of the more obvious for Femtwo which would have been "Mewtwo Awakens".

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
I find it unlikely we are getting Femtwo as, we got the title card "Mewtwo Strikes Back" which had a male Mewtwo. Instead of the more obvious for Femtwo which would have been "Mewtwo Awakens".
Do please note that this would not be the first time we've assumed one outcome based on a trailer or POTD only to turn out flatly wrong.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I don't know....
Mewtwo Mega Evolves into the Y Forme. Which is what the female happened to do.
The original Mewtwo never knew of Mega Evolution....unless he learned....

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I don't know....
Mewtwo Mega Evolves into the Y Forme. Which is what the female happened to do.
The original Mewtwo never knew of Mega Evolution....unless he learned....
Yes, but also keep in mind that Mega Mewtwo Y makes far more sense for Mewtwo's Final Smash than Mega Mewtwo X. He uses Psystrike, which is a Special move. Since Mega Mewtwo Y specializes in Special Attack, it makes perfect sense for Mewtwo to Mega Evolve into him. Also, Mega Charizard X is already in the game as a Final Smash, so adding Mega Mewtwo Y evens out the representation. I would say that, while Mega Mewtwo Y may be a slight indicator of Mewtwo's gender, there are also several other variables at play, so take it with a grain of salt.

Also, I think I've said this before, but I absolutely love Mewtwo's Final Smash. I literally can't think of anything that would've been better. It's just so awesome!

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Yes, but also keep in mind that Mega Mewtwo Y makes far more sense for Mewtwo's Final Smash than Mega Mewtwo X. He uses Psystrike, which is a Special move. Since Mega Mewtwo Y specializes in Special Attack, it makes perfect sense for Mewtwo to Mega Evolve into him. Also, Mega Charizard X is already in the game as a Final Smash, so adding Mega Mewtwo Y evens out the representation. I would say that, while Mega Mewtwo Y may be a slight indicator of Mewtwo's gender, there are also several other variables at play, so take it with a grain of salt.

Also, I think I've said this before, but I absolutely love Mewtwo's Final Smash. I literally can't think of anything that would've been better. It's just so awesome!
People also assumed he would have used Psystrike alone, without Mega Evolving.
I think that would of pointed more towards the original since Mewtwo did use Psystrike. (It's that blue light that destroyed the lab and Giovanni's Gym. THE MORE YOU KNOW!!)
But yeah, in terms of giving everyone what they wanted/love...his Final Smash is more then anyone could have imagined...it's beyond perfect. lol

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Congrats Mewtwo/Lucas fans for getting our psychic faves back.

From Mewtwo's trailer I like to point out a few things.

1. They played a safe route by keep Mewtwo's moves the same from Melee. Confusion at least works like it should and hopefully Disable will be more usefull.

2. As I expected, Mewtwo's FS mega evolves and then uses what appears to be Psystrike. MMY only appears to be cinematic and not actually used like Mega Lucario and Charizard.

3. Potential custom specials

Psycho cut for Side B (confusion animation works well with how the attack animates in the pokemon games)

Variation of disable that actually disables the special attack last used by the opponent.

4. Like how they went out of the way to not have Lucario appear in the trailer or any of the website screenshots.

5. From Mewtwo's splash screen to the lack of voice in the trailer, it supports the idea that Mewtwo will be akin to its original character from the first movie. While there still developing the character and haven't likely choosen a VA yet, if Femtwo was the obvious choice then we would have heard it in the trailer, so maybe there still deciding if they want to go that route or not. It is fishy that Mewtwo was completely mute in the trailer but not Lucas (even though it's obvious that they recycled his Brawl voice).

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Congrats Mewtwo/Lucas fans for getting our psychic faves back.

From Mewtwo's trailer I like to point out a few things.

1. They played a safe route by keep Mewtwo's moves the same from Melee. Confusion at least works like it should and hopefully Disable will be more usefull.

2. As I expected, Mewtwo's FS mega evolves and then uses what appears to be Psystrike. MMY only appears to be cinematic and not actually used like Mega Lucario and Charizard.

3. Potential custom specials

Psycho cut for Side B (confusion animation works well with how the attack animates in the pokemon games)

Variation of disable that actually disables the special attack last used by the opponent.

4. Like how they went out of the way to not have Lucario appear in the trailer or any of the website screenshots.

5. From Mewtwo's splash screen to the lack of voice in the trailer, it supports the idea that Mewtwo will be akin to its original character from the first movie. While there still developing the character and haven't likely choosen a VA yet, if Femtwo was the obvious choice then we would have heard it in the trailer, so maybe there still deciding if they want to go that route or not. It is fishy that Mewtwo was completely mute in the trailer but not Lucas (even though it's obvious that they recycled his Brawl voice).
Mewtwo could simply be mute in this game. I wouldn't mind that...it'll keep it ambiguous and up to the player to decide which Mewtwo it is.
It's not like Mewtwo doesn't sound epic as is, anyways. :3

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
One problem with the 15th.
It interferes with my heisting in Los Santos on PC and dismemberment in MK X.
Impeccable timing.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Hi! Never cared for Mewtwo till the Extravaganza but want to main him, thought I'd go here
A Greninja player who wants to drop Greninja for Mewtwo?
My how the tables have turned...:awesome: Might has well confirm that Greninja will be excluded from the next Smash.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Hey guys, something to note

On the official Australian Smash site, it says

'An introduction to the veteran fighter, Mewtwo, has been added'

...does this mean... NOT femtwo? :awesome: (not that I mind if it is, I just want Melee Mewtwo back)
To mke it worse for you

Theres speciulation in th trailer some people may have heard mewtwos grunt from mewtwo

The ms particual part is when mewtwo used confusion on greninja while using the beam sword.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Mewtwo could simply be mute in this game. I wouldn't mind that...it'll keep it ambiguous and up to the player to decide which Mewtwo it is.
It's not like Mewtwo doesn't sound epic as is, anyways. :3
I gusse that would make Mewtwo more menacing, we all know that quiet person stereotype.

From what people are saying though, are those who registered will be able to download Mewtwo on the 15 or just get the codes? The direct didn't really specify that part other that will be getting the codes on that day.

Spirst

Someone said they thought my avatar was a demon fetus thing at an initial glance. Then I realized...that's exactly what Mewtwo is.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
To mke it worse for you

Theres speciulation in th trailer some people may have heard mewtwos grunt from mewtwo

The ms particual part is when mewtwo used confusion on greninja while using the beam sword.
I heard a fair few Melee sounds in the trailer as well.
Probably not a lot of new voice clips. I want to hear the Palutena's guidance though.
Better not be the "OMG I don't know who this is!" one.

Spirst

From what people are saying though, are those who registered will be able to download Mewtwo on the 15 or just get the codes? The direct didn't really specify that part other that will be getting the codes on that day.
Those who registered both versions will get the codes and be able to download him on the 15th. Getting the codes implies being able to use him. Would be pointless to distinguish the dates otherwise.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Psystrike bugs me, what is it? A Trapping Final Smash or an actual attacking beam?
Looks like a ball of energy that gets flung out like Mario Finale and puts characters it hits into a trapped state before blowing their minds.

Last edited:
Top Bottom