• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
The basics of every DLC launch ever.

General populace: OOOOOH SHINY NEW TOY!?!?!?! Kreygasm.

After about 2 weeks of fermenting...

Top tier:

Mid tier: Good 15% of the remains will continue to play, and the rest will only keep him if he's a decent counterpick to a top tier.

Bottom tier: Has a face only a mother and fan base could love. Will probably never see the lights of a tournament scene.

Last edited:

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
Anyone know why people will just randomly leave when they just join? Like seriously, I'll be waiting for someone then someone would show up, choosing their fighter then just leave. What is up with that? It confuses me. "Eeeeeeeyyyy- oh..."

Last edited:

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
I'm really torn on who to vote for, there are so many people I want, yet I only get one vote, and I feel like voting for one will be unfair for the other.

I might go for a swing vote and vote scizor (I know, I know, too much Pokemon Etc. Etc.), it'd give him a little bit of attention, and all the rest are going to hog the spotlight regardless, I'd honestly be happy with almost everyone, and all my favorites are well into the top ten anyway.

Banette

Smash Cadet
It seems I finally get to show off my Mewtwo avatar! I don't have much to add that hasn't been said though - Mewtwo does look fantastic indeed. And Lucas... He was the only "realistic" character in my top 10 most wanted DLC characters xD I figured we'd receive him eventually - the same for Wolf - but his reveal was still a pleasant surprise. Lastly I'm seriously starting to worry that I may no longer be able to neglect the Fire Emblem franchise with what we were shown...

I was really worried that I wouldn't like Mewtwo enough to warrant posting here after all, but those doubts at least the trailer managed to take away :3

Danpal65

Smash Lord
I'm really torn on who to vote for, there are so many people I want, yet I only get one vote, and I feel like voting for one will be unfair for the other.

I might go for a swing vote and vote scizor (I know, I know, too much Pokemon Etc. Etc.), it'd give him a little bit of attention, and all the rest are going to hog the spotlight regardless, I'd honestly be happy with almost everyone, and all my favorites are well into the top ten anyway.
You could always enter your vote for multiple characters if you can't decide between a few.

I personally voted twice because I couldn't decide between my two choices. Once for Shovel Knight and again for King K Rool.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
While I was at it I made one in honor of @ U-Throw U-Throw
Thank you so much! Its in my signature now. [=

I voted for Wonder-Red. He'd just be so cool to see in battle! Plus, his Unite Morphs could bring a lot to the table.
So, is anybody, other than myself, actually excited that they kept his Melee moveset, only buffed up? I don't see very many people happy about it, so I was just curious.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace

I voted for Wonder-Red. He'd just be so cool to see in battle! Plus, his Unite Morphs could bring a lot to the table.
So, is anybody, other than myself, actually excited that they kept his Melee moveset, only buffed up? I don't see very many people happy about it, so I was just curious.
I was at first wanting only a select few moves from his Melee moveset to make it back but now that I see that they approached this similarly to PM, I'm totally ok with how Mewtwo's moveset turned out.

Danpal65

Smash Lord

Well until I saw the trailer I hadn't really thought about his move set too much, was just really excited he was back. But now I have seen it I am kind of glad that they kept it since it is familiar. I think he buffs that we could see for the move set already make it much more viable to play with, not that that would have affected me using him.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
You know, after rewatching the trailer for the 800 time tonight, I decided to break up the scenes bit by bit and while I could find differences and buffs here and there, I think I'm seeing one that's either too good to be true or maybe I'm just looking too hard into it.

After Mewtwo Teleports past MegaMan's fsmash, it doesn't look like he blinks, or even goes into a free fall pose. Does this mean he can act out of teleport?

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
Is it just me or does the hitbox and knockback of his bair seem really different?

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
...You sure that isn't an air dodge?
Yeah, I think you're right. Teleport is clearly shown at the very beginning and at the part where he dodges Mega Man's F-Smash. When he vanishes at the part where he uses his N-Air on Palutena and Zelda, the sound effect and graphic is completely different. I'm almost 100% sure that's his air dodge.
You know, after rewatching the trailer for the 800 time tonight, I decided to break up the scenes bit by bit and while I could find differences and buffs here and there, I think I'm seeing one that's either too good to be true or maybe I'm just looking too hard into it.

After Mewtwo Teleports past MegaMan's fsmash, it doesn't look like he blinks, or even goes into a free fall pose. Does this mean he can act out of teleport?
I don't think he can act out of Teleport. Watching the video at 1/4 the normal speed, Mewtwo clearly crosses his arms and positions his legs like he's in his helpless pose, and when he lands, it looks like his landfall special from Melee.

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok

**** yeah Wonder-Red, I always imagined his fighting style would be like Viewtiful Joe's in Marvel vs Capcom 3

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Is it just me or does the hitbox and knock back of his bair seem really different?
Just judging from the single hit we saw, it now appears that his B-Air's knockback will change based on where you hit the opponent. In the trailer, Mewtwo hit Luigi while his tail was at acute angle to his back, so it sent Luigi at an acute angle. If it had hit him when Mewtwo's tail was at an obtuse or right angle to his back, I would imagine it would have sent Luigi at an obtuse or right angle, respectively. However, while I think that's the most likely case, it could be that I'm totally wrong and that the acute knockback angle is now his B-Air's knockback no matter when it hits. Its such an odd angle that that's hard for me to believe, though.

Last edited:

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Yeah, I think you're right. Teleport is clearly shown at the very beginning and at the part where he dodges Mega Man's F-Smash. When he vanishes at the part where he uses his N-Air on Palutena and Zelda, the sound effect and graphic is completely different. I'm almost 100% sure that's his air dodge.

I don't think he can act out of Teleport. Watching the video at 1/4 the normal speed, Mewtwo clearly crosses his arms and positions his legs like he's in his helpless pose, and when he lands, it looks like his landfall special from Melee.
But Mewtwo always crosses his arms and legs when he's falling, not even in helpless. You can even see this after he back airs Luigi. Unless back air now causes helpless. As for the landfall special, he didn't have that in Melee at all. I can see where you're coming from on it, but unless we get our hands on it or more information it could just be a standard landing animation.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I finally get to complete the pattern of under-my-avatar mains I've been waiting ages to finish.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
But Mewtwo always crosses his arms and legs when he's falling, not even in helpless. You can even see this after he back airs Luigi. Unless back air now causes helpless. As for the landfall special, he didn't have that in Melee at all. I can see where you're coming from on it, but unless we get our hands on it or more information it could just be a standard landing animation.
Well here's hoping acting out of teleport is a thing.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
At this point in time I believe more that he can't act out of teleport right now. I don't have a copy of Melee to compare animations or anything so for the most part I'm just eyeing out anything I can remember as different. The only thing right now that the "act out of teleport" argument has is the fact Mewtwo isn't blinking helpless immediately after re-entry. He still leans his chest forward out of a teleport just like he would when he would be about to enter helpless, but he doesn't fall long enough for me to confirm him either returning to his normal fall pose or blink and shift to helpless. Too little information in a 2 second clip. I would love it if we could act out of it though, because who wouldn't try to pull some DBZ shenanigans with this?

Last edited:
NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Has that freaking Brain Explosion fatality final smash been discussed yet? It's by far the coolest Final Smash the game has. A lot cooler than I was expecting, too.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Has that freaking Brain Explosion fatality final smash been discussed yet? It's by far the coolest Final Smash the game has. A lot cooler than I was expecting, too.
I think it is a much better take on Mega Evolution than Lucario and Charizard. It is more unique.

Honestly the Final Smash just seems to be pure badass really.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
I think it is a much better take on Mega Evolution than Lucario and Charizard. It is more unique.

Honestly the Final Smash just seems to be pure badass really.
Yeah, I knew it was gonna be a Mega evo. I just figured you'd transform and do more damage for ten seconds. Yaaaayyyy

BUT THEN MEWTWO WAS ALL LIKE NAH SON SEE WATCH THIS SH*T BLOOOWWKIWHSFHSHRGD AND I WAS ALL LIKE GODDAMN MEWTWO YA DONE BLEW MY MIND AND HE WAS ALL LIKE YA DAMN RIGHT I DID

Last edited:

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Definitely gonna play me some Mewtwo when April 15th hits, whether he gets buffs or no buffs. He's just waaaay too cool a character to pass up. My only problem is, I've already got a main, secondary, and too many pockets: http://wallpapereditor.com/w/tVWccD.jpg

Need to make room for Mewtwo.. halp.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Yeah, I knew it was gonna be a Mega evo. I just figured you'd transform and do more damage for ten seconds. Yaaaayyyy

BUT THEN MEWTWO WAS ALL LIKE NAH SON SEE WATCH THIS SH*T BLOOOWWKIWHSFHSHRGD AND I WAS ALL LIKE GODDAMN MEWTWO YA DONE BLEW MY MIND
Yours and mine as well as Dr Mario and Co.

c-1

Smash Cadet
Anyone know why people will just randomly leave when they just join? Like seriously, I'll be waiting for someone then someone would show up, choosing their fighter then just leave. What is up with that? It confuses me. "Eeeeeeeyyyy- oh..."

I don't know about everyone else, But I do it because my internet lags if people connect to me, while it doesn't when I connect to them.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
After screen capping the trailer a few times and analyzing them, I think I might've proven that Mewtwo can't act out of Teleport. I put each one in a spoiler because the images are a little big.
Mewtwo Comparison 4.png
Here's his falling animation after he uses his B-Air. Obviously, that wouldn't send him into helpless. Notice the position of Mewtwo's legs and the way he's crossing his arms.
Mewtwo Comparison 3.png
This is how Mewtwo appears immediately after using Teleport. Look at his body posture. His arms are crossed differently than in the previous image, an his legs are positioned differently, so that one is pointing forward and is slightly extended, while the other is just kind of hanging loosely. Additionally, his body posture is different, going from slightly hunched over in the first image to being upright in this image.
Mewtwo Comparison 2.png
This is how Mewtwo looks when lands after using his N-Air, which would obviously not put him into helpless, like his B-Air. Mewtwo's body is positioned so that he's landing in an almost sitting position, with his legs and upper body kind of curled towards each other. Also, notice how Mewtwo's tail is curved upward.
This is what Mewtwo look like while landing after using Teleport. His body posture is completely different, with Mewtwo's feet being firmly planted on the ground instead of up in the air like in the previous image. Additionally, Mewtwo is leaned forward and his tail appears to be placed on the ground, which starkly contrasts with its upward posture in the previous image. Finally, although this is very insignificant and probably means nothing, Mewtwo's eyes are closed in this picture, which is another difference from the previous image.

All of that considered, it's highly likely that what we saw after Mewtwo Teleported was a brief glimpse of his helpless animation, since there are several differences between his posture there and his posture after using regular aerials. Assuming I'm right on this, its a little sad, because Mewtwo being able to act out of Teleport would've been awesome =/. Nothing major, though. I'm still gonna main him.

Last edited:

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
Definitely gonna play me some Mewtwo when April 15th hits, whether he gets buffs or no buffs. He's just waaaay too cool a character to pass up. My only problem is, I've already got a main, secondary, and too many pockets: http://wallpapereditor.com/w/tVWccD.jpg

Need to make room for Mewtwo.. halp.
What character do you use the least out of all of them?

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
All I dreamed of was Mewtwo! Possible combos, possible alternate colors, how awesome he looks, etc. I need the 15th to come ASAP!

And you'll nail that interview! Good luck!
Thanks, I appreciate it! Here's to hoping. :laugh:

Indeed, 15th can't get here soon enough.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Well, if it's true that he can't act out of teleport, that is kind of disappointing.

Not gonna stop me from using him, though. I mean, I already use Default!Palutena's teleport like crazy, and she can't act out of hers.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
Hey guys, something to note

On the official Australian Smash site, it says

'An introduction to the veteran fighter, Mewtwo, has been added'

...does this mean... NOT femtwo? :awesome: (not that I mind if it is, I just want Melee Mewtwo back)

Top Bottom