• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I heard a fair few Melee sounds in the trailer as well.
Probably not a lot of new voice clips. I want to hear the Palutena's guidance though.
Better not be the "OMG I don't know who this is!" one.
Mhm, hooray, his Melee sounds were fine as is!
Oh nah, I'm sure the Palutena's guidance will be about Pit saying he never got to meet Mewtwo but he heard about him from other vets, Palutena says Team Rocket and scientists made him accidentally as a chaotic clone, they both compare him to Pittoo, Pit ends saying "Oh, so I guess that makes me Pittoo's Mew!" with some dorky face.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Looks like a ball of energy that gets flung out like Mario Finale and puts characters it hits into a trapped state before blowing their minds.
So Mega Man. Sweet!
Probably both, at least its better than getting another transformation FS.
I actually thought a transformation to Mewtwo X would be the best idea. Then yesterday happened

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Interesting thing to note: just before the trailer was revealed, my partner and I were talking about her hypothetical Gardevoir moveset, and she explained that her Final Smash would be transforming into Mega Gardevoir and using Moon Blast.

Great minds, eh? :3

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
So Mega Man. Sweet!

I actually thought a transformation to Mewtwo X would be the best idea. Then yesterday happened
I prefer MMX myself, but MMY is the obvious choice since it, along with Mega Lucario and Mega Charizard X are the posterboys for mega evolution.

It would be awsome if MMX was an alternate asthetic change for the
Final Smash (uses same attack but animation is different) via X input, and downloading Mewtwo would come w/ a Mega Y skin for Charizards FS.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I prefer MMX myself, but MMY is the obvious choice since it, along with Mega Lucario and Mega Charizard X are the posterboys for mega evolution.

It would be awsome if MMX was an alternate asthetic change for the
Final Smash (uses same attack but animation is different) via X input, and downloading Mewtwo would come w/ a Mega Y skin for Charizards FS.
No. Custom Final Smashes would be hella hype

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Psystrike bugs me, what is it? A Trapping Final Smash or an actual attacking beam?
It's a trapping attack.
Like Mega Man's Black Hole Bomb, those who are caught in the wave...well....In Mewtwo's case....let's just say they have their brains blown to bits....

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Can you make one for when he Mega Evolves and uses Psystrike please <3
Can you do the part where he taunts at the end of the trailer, along with his dark reveal from the beginning (without the splash art).

Make em small enough, but around the height of my Violet gif sig (which is what I want for Mewtwo's dark intro).
lol @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy
I hope we're not overwhelming you...;~;
AHHHHHHHHHH! It's so cool!!!----------------------------------------------------------------------------------->>>
Don't worry y'all aren't I'm glad to.

I'll make those when I get home tonight, it'll be later but I'll make them, swear. >.<

Don't worry @CyberHyperPhoenix I didn't forget you.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
What sets of custom do you guys think will be useful for Mewtwo in the EVO?

Frankly, I would personally choose Snaring Shadow Ball, Telekinesis, Teleport Spam and Shattering Disable :troll:

What do you guys think?

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
What sets of custom do you guys think will be useful for Mewtwo in the EVO?

Frankly, I would personally choose Snaring Shadow Ball, Telekinesis, Teleport Spam and Shattering Disable :troll:

What do you guys think?
I WANT A TELEPORT THAT YOU CAN ACT OUT OF
EDIT:Barrier would be a nice idea too!
I saw a lot of ideas for it.

Last edited:

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
Well, the Smash segment last night was almost everything I could have hoped for. Not only is Mewtwo back and better than ever but Lucas decided to show up as well to make this roster even better. Not only that but I'm now able to vote for The Masked Man to be a playable character in the future.

Bring on the 15th! :mewtwomelee:

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I have some things I wanted to point out.
Mewtwo is performing his Melee taunt here. The one where he spins and such.

This would be one of his new taunts. He seems to do his signature pose with one hand back and one striking out fiercely. This was to be expected. ;)

His third taunt you ask? Well, we actually know how that looks, as well.
Just watch the video he's featured in...it's the very first gameplay part we see- where a bunch of Psychic energy surrounds him...it almost seems like he's powering up. ^-^

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
More in-game screenshots!

http://gematsu.com/2015/04/super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-and-3ds-adds-mewtwo-this-month-lucas-in-june

http://imgur.com/a/znfBp

holy crap he looks even better in these, they are full HD and HUGE.

Melee Back-Throw confirmed!!!!!!!

I have some things I wanted to point out.
Mewtwo is performing his Melee taunt here. The one where he spins and such.

This would be one of his new taunts. He seems to do his signature pose with one hand back and one striking out fiercely. This was to be expected. ;)

His third taunt you ask? Well, we actually how that looks, as well.
Just watch the video he's featured in...it's the very first gameplay part we see- where a bunch of Psychic energy surrounds him...it almost seems like he's powering up. ^-^
Melee Taunt confirmed!!!!

Also Pikachu is really pissed at Mewtwo's indiference.

Last edited:

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul

"Get out of my face, weakling."

That face though. He is so done with these fools. :3
"Go back to Bottom Tier, Link." ;)
SUCH A BADASS <3 <3 <3

GDI I CAN'T WAIT 15 MORE DAYS I NEED HIM NOOOOOOOOWWWWWW ;_______;

this is going to be a torturous wait. All that's keeping me going is the fact it's only a week away now. This has honestly been the most hypest day of my life, but I can't stay awake any longer now.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
SUCH A BADASS <3 <3 <3

GDI I CAN'T WAIT 15 MORE DAYS I NEED HIM NOOOOOOOOWWWWWW ;_______;

this is going to be a torturous wait. All that's keeping me going is the fact it's only a week away now. This has honestly been the most hypest day of my life, but I can't stay awake any longer now.

They truly remade Melee Mewtwo, even his expressions and body language which protrayed how bad ass he was. They did it perfectly. I love how his personality still goes through all his animations like before.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
YES! His Melee taunt is back! That's awesome! It also means that we're almost for sure getting a voice actor, so that's really nice to know. I wonder who it'll be... I also am loving his new taunts. The trademark "hand of power" looks amazing, and I like the new power-up taunt. I think the Melee taunt is still my favorite, but I'll definitely be using the other two. Maybe I'll open every battle with a quick Psycho Boost (That's what I'm calling the power-up taunt.).
Also, that B-Throw pose is sick! He's all like, "Get out of my way, you spineless fool. I've no time to deal with your petty antics." Of course, his @ U-Throw U-Throw will always be the best, but still:awesome:.
Finally, Shadow Ball looks so glorious in HD. I can just feel the raw psychic energy emanating from it. And the new sound effect... It'll only make it seem more powerful!

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
YES! His Melee taunt is back! That's awesome! It also means that we're almost for sure getting a voice actor, so that's really nice to know. I wonder who it'll be... I also am loving his new taunts. The trademark "hand of power" looks amazing, and I lie the new power-up taunt. I think the Melee taunt is still my favorite, but I'll definitely be using the other two. Maybe I'll open every battle with a quick Psycho Boost (That's what I'm calling the power-up taunt.).
Also, that B-Throw pose is sick! He's all like, "Get out of my way, you spineless fool. I've no time to deal with your petty antics." Of course, his @ U-Throw U-Throw will always be the best, but still:awesome:.
Finally, Shadow Ball looks so glorious in HD. I can just feel the raw psychic energy emanating from it. And the new sound effect... It'll only make it seem more powerful!
....but...
Shadow Ball is a ghost type move....
:awesome:

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
I dunno... somehow I feel like just remaking the Melee set and adding an FS on top of it is a lost opportunity...
I think he's even better. Something about the engine on Smash 4 makes his moves addictive to watch. I get the same vibe I did from him with Melee. I personally didn't want him to have a new move-set just be buffed. He's perfect just how he is! :D

They truly remade Melee Mewtwo, even his expressions and body language which protrayed how bad *** he was. They did it perfectly. I love how his personality still goes through all his animations like before.
One thing I had wanted for so long was to see him have more facial expressions and emotion in his character. He didn't have any of that in Melee. It's great to see such a sinister expression from him, especially in the trailer.

I love how they've made him walk more in this game as well (like, actually walk, not float-walk)

So much to look forward to!

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
B-Air is confirmed to return, as well.
Yeah, @thebadlamp and I had a pretty interesting discussion about it. It seems that his B-Air's knockback angle will now change based on when it hits. Basically, if the move connects while Mewtwo's tail is at an acute angle, the opponent will be knocked back acutely, if the move connects while Mewtwo's tail is at an obtuse angle, the opponent will be knocked back obtusely, etc, etc. If my theory turns out to be true, I think it'll open up some pretty interesting strategies and new uses for his B-Air.

EDIT: I think that the electric effect is just a visual cue. I've noticed it on several non-electric attacks in Smash 4, and I also noticed on Mewtwo's D-Air in his trailer, albeit purple.

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
I think he's even better. Something about the engine on Smash 4 makes his moves addictive to watch. I get the same vibe I did from him with Melee. I personally didn't want him to have a new move-set just be buffed. He's perfect just how he is! :D
I'll get over it. It just feels strange that they would make a character from scratch exactly as if they'd ported a previous version... assuming, of course, nobody was lying or exaggerating about the difficulty/inability to bring Mewtwo straight from Melee.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
that pic of him throwing link is godly. i was so afraid they would **** mewtwo up. thank god they didnt. they did it

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Yeah, @thebadlamp and I had a pretty interesting discussion about it. It seems that his B-Air's knockback angle will now change based on when it hits. Basically, if the move connects while Mewtwo's tail is at an acute angle, the opponent will be knocked back acutely, if the move connects while Mewtwo's tail is at an obtuse angle, the opponent will be knocked back obtusely, etc, etc. If my theory turns out to be true, I think it'll open up some pretty interesting strategies and new uses for his B-Air.

EDIT: I think that the electric effect is just a visual cue. I've noticed it on several non-electric attacks in Smash 4, and I also noticed on Mewtwo's D-Air in his trailer, albeit purple.

Where does this theory spawn from?

Remember everyone how B-Air had 2 different hitboxes. A stronger one on the trunk/middle which sent diagonally upwards and a weaker one on the tip which sent horizontally away. Just in case that's what you guys are talking about.

I'll get over it. It just feels strange that they would make a character from scratch exactly as if they'd ported a previous version... assuming, of course, nobody was lying or exaggerating about the difficulty/inability to bring Mewtwo straight from Melee.
With Brawl they also remade all chars from scratch and they also remade those characters completely the same. So did PM for Mewtwo. It's better to be sure to please fans of the character and be safe than just piss them all off in the off-chance that they MIGHT like this new one better.

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
With Brawl they also remade all chars from scratch and they also remade those characters completely the same. So did PM for Mewtwo. It's better to be sure to please fans of the character and be safe than just piss them all off in the off-chance that they MIGHT like this new one better.
I'll be sure to remember that whenever I see someone ******** about clones.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I'll be sure to remember that whenever I see someone *****ing about clones.
There isn't another person with Mewtwo's moveset. You're comparing apples to oranges.

If they had remade Mewtwo then people who were fans of the Melee Mewtwo would be left with nothing. If a clone gets cut, the original is still there.

Anyways people need to realize that clones take much less development than one character. And thus all 3 clones we got are probably less development time than 1 original character.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I don't know about you, but Mewtwo looks pretty new to me. After missing out in Brawl, it's almost surreal to see him back in HD with his proper proportions. All of his moves and animations, although identical to Melee, look extremely polished, and you can tell a lot of thought went into creating them. Disable's new animation, for example, is very cool-looking, and the green eyes really jump out at you. Confusion's new visual effect is incredible. Something about the psychic waves and it's distortion effect make it look like a totally new move.
Plus, you can tell just by glancing at his new taunts and Final Smash how hard try tried to make him look awesome. The Psycho Boost one is really cool, and I love how powerful Mewtwo looks in his third taunt. His Final Smash shouldn't even require discussing. It's pretty much the most awesomest, most powerfullest, most fan service-y thing in the game!

I guess what I'm trying to say is, yes, they reused Mewtwo's moves from Melee, but I personally think that they look brand new because of all the work that was put into recreating them.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
There isn't another person with Mewtwo's moveset. You're comparing apples to oranges.
Now, see, you know that, and I know that, but I can tell you right now that there is absolutely no way you can overestimate the number of idiots who will look at Shadow Ball and Aura Sphere and immediately decide one's a clone of the other. Which one is the clone might be up for debate, but one of them will be decried as a clone.

That said, I've already determined to main the genetic abomination again...

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I don't know about you, but Mewtwo looks pretty new to me. After missing out in Brawl, it's almost surreal to see him back in HD with his proper proportions. All of his moves and animations, although identical to Melee, look extremely polished, and you can tell a lot of thought went into creating them. Disable's new animation, for example, is very cool-looking, and the green eyes really jump out at you. Confusion's new visual effect is incredible. Something about the psychic waves and it's distortion effect make it look like a totally new move.
Plus, you can tell just by glancing at his new taunts and Final Smash how hard try tried to make him look awesome. The Psycho Boost one is really cool, and I love how powerful Mewtwo looks in his third taunt. His Final Smash shouldn't even require discussing. It's pretty much the most awesomest, most powerfullest, most fan service-y thing in the game!

I guess what I'm trying to say is, yes, they reused Mewtwo's moves from Melee, but I personally think that they look brand new because of all the work that was put into recreating them.
^This.
I couldn't agree more. What they did with Mewtwo....it goes without saying...it's perfect beyond words.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
hey did anybody noticed this? mewtwo has the same black skin as the one in super smash crusade

did nintendo play super smash crusade or something? because i was surprised when i saw the black skin in the trailer

Attachments

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
hey did anybody noticed this? mewtwo has the same black skin as the one in super smash crusade

did nintendo play super smash crusade or something? because i was surprised when i saw the black skin in the trailer
I doubt it. But I'm sure they've picked up on what the fans want.
Doubtless, they've probably seen the pictures we've posted of the skins we want. "Shadow Mewtwo" or...whatever you wish to call him, is quite popular wherever you look.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Where does this theory spawn from?

Remember everyone how B-Air had 2 different hitboxes. A stronger one on the trunk/middle which sent diagonally upwards and a weaker one on the tip which sent horizontally away. Just in case that's what you guys are talking about.
Oops... Heh, heh. Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. I guess it's knockback didn't really change at all. Sorry, everyone, I forgot about how Mewtwo's B-Air worked in Melee. You guys can just disregard that now. My apologies.

As for your post about the clones, thank you! As a person who mains Dr. Mario (That'll change when Mewtwo releases, of course.), I couldn't agree more. I love the clones!
I heard that one clone takes 1/6th the development time of a regular character, so take that as you will.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I love the fact that his finger tips are plump unlike the weird looking skinny ones used in Melee.

Top Bottom