• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spongebob is 10 years old.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Marathon Spongebob made me stay up for almost 6am watching it today. Glad to see a long series cartoon still going strong.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Air Man SpongeBob will never die!!

Still <3 the show. Some of the 10 new episodes they're going to show look like they possess plots that have been done before, though (Plankton's already probed SpongeBob's brain, Patrick's worked at the Krusty Krab before, etc.).

j0s3ph

Smash Apprentice
Lol. I have seasons 1-3 on boxset. The movie and seasons 4-current are PURE GARBAGE. WHO DIRECTS THIS NEW $#!+ anyway? Even the voice actors are sounding so bad, and I know they have more talent than what they are currently putting out.
QFE. The movie was good but you could notice a small decline in quality there, everything after that is horrible. Whenever I watch a new episode it makes me sad to see how bad it is

toon_marth

Smash Ace
QFE. The movie was good but you could notice a small decline in quality there, everything after that is horrible. Whenever I watch a new episode it makes me sad to see how bad it is
Not all of them are so bad you know. I'll have you know just yesterday I laughed while watching the marathon when it showed a new episode. I think it was new...

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
"Now tell me, since when did you have two houses?"
"Since I ran outta room to put my stuff!"
"Since when did your house have feet?"
"...this is my mobile home."

Too good.

Although it's been said to death, Spongebob was too good for the first couple of seasons. Such witty humor. Even the songs were really awesome, like this or this. It's too bad the show went to crap.

Skler

Smash Master
Band Geeks is an episode that I had to seek out in order to record it. I'd watch Spongebob with a blank tape in the VCR hoping for Band Geeks to come on.

It eventually did, and it was awesome.

UberMario

Smash Master
The new episodes (04-present) are just not as good. At least it still airs new episodes and is continuing for the new generation.
This pretty much sums up my point of view of the show as well.
The first three seasons were really awesome, four was a combination of awesome and meh,
and five and onward pretty much had one good episode apiece.

The humor in the new seasons just isn't funny. (i.e. "You forgot your spines" *Sponge and Pat fall over*)

Also, has anyone noticed in the new seasons Spongebob (The character) is getting a little too smiley and dumb and Patrick is getting smarter?

G U R U

Smash Lord
Band Geeks is amazing. I remember when I watched it for the first time ahh good memories.

There's also the episode called Gary takes a bath. He tries to get gary to take a bath but gary teleports out of the bath LOL!

Skrlx

Smash Champion
This pretty much sums up my point of view of the show as well.
The first three seasons were really awesome, four was a combination of awesome and meh,
and five and onward pretty much had one good episode apiece.

The humor in the new seasons just isn't funny. (i.e. "You forgot your spines" *Sponge and Pat fall over*)

Also, has anyone noticed in the new seasons Spongebob (The character) is getting a little too smiley and dumb and Patrick is getting smarter?
Have you noticed that the fact they live underwater is slowly fading away?

§leepy God

Smash Master
There's also the episode called Gary takes a bath. He tries to get gary to take a bath but gary teleports out of the bath LOL!
That's one of my top favroite episodes. I couldn't help but keep laughing at that episode. My favroite episode is Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V, "Barnacle Man". XD

rhan

Smash Hero
Spongebob lost it's funny after..... oh wait.... it was never funny....

I never found Spongebob funny or something to watch on TV. I'm surprised that it made it past 5 years and had a movie too...

Clownbot

Smash Lord
SEAWEED

50% sea, 50% weed.​

Now that I'm older, that quote is a lot funnier for me. :laugh:

§leepy God

Smash Master
BB:No one respects me!
SB:I respect you Barnacle Man
BM/BB: That's Barnacle Boy! err..... Barnacle Man!
I know right? XD

Spongebob lost it's funny after..... oh wait.... it was never funny....

I never found Spongebob funny or something to watch on TV. I'm surprised that it made it past 5 years and had a movie too...
You have no soul. T_T

That rememds me, why did they take this scene out of this episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu_50_K5JkI&feature=related

I mean they keep the "I have no soul" part, then why they got rid of this part?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Hmmm...

That's interesting. I always felt like they had kept something out of that episode recently, but I totally forgot that scene.

Maybe it had something to do with gas and fire safety? It's stupid, yeah, but it's possible.

EDIT: On a different note, I found some more epic SpongeBob quotes:

(Club SpongeBob)
SpongeBob: Wey, wook, it's Widward!
SpongeBob and Patrick: *giggle*
SpongeBob: Aww, Widward's woing to work!
Patrick: Where... does he work? Wat the Wusty Wab?

(Chocolate With Nuts)
SpongeBob: Remember, Patrick. Flatter the customer. Make him feel good. *knocks on door*
Customer: *opens door* Hello?
Patrick: I love you.
Customer: *slams door*
SpongeBob: I think you laid it a teensy bit thick there, ol' pal.

Mother: Chocolate... I remember when they first invented chocolate... Sweet, sweet chocolate... I always HATED IT!

SpongeBob: I can't understand it, Patrick. We haven't sold a single chocolate bar.
Patrick: I can't understand anything.

Patrick: I got it! Let's get naked!
SpongeBob: No, let's save that for when we're selling real estate...

XD

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Fish:Chocolate? Chocolate?! CHOCOLATE! CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH!!!

FINALLY! I'VE BEEN TRYING TO CATCH YOU BOYS ALL DAY! AND NOW THAT I'VE GOT YOU RIGHT WHERE I WANT YOU...

I'd like to buy all of your chocolate bars, please!

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Have you noticed that the fact they live underwater is slowly fading away?
Patrick: What's the note say?
Spongbob: I have no idea. The ink ran. Clearly who ever wrote this has no understanding life underwater.
Patrick: Throw it in the fire.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
(Chocolate With Nuts)
SpongeBob: Remember, Patrick. Flatter the customer. Make him feel good. *knocks on door*
Customer: *opens door* Hello?
Patrick: I love you.
Customer: *slams door*
SpongeBob: I think you laid it a teensy bit thick there, ol' pal.

Patrick: I got it! Let's get naked!
SpongeBob: No, let's save that for when we're saling real estate...

These quotes made me lol hard.

UberMario

Smash Master
Patrick: What's the note say?
Spongbob: I have no idea. The ink ran. Clearly who ever wrote this has no understanding life underwater.
Patrick: Throw it in the fire.
One way to interpret this is sooooooo much better than the intended way as of recently.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
While I'm not really into Spongebob that much anymore, there are some moments that have actually managed to make me laugh recently.

The first one is in "Texas", when Spongebob & Patrick lure Sandy to the Krusty Krab by making her angry at them.

Spongebob: Look Patrick, I'm Texas! Duh, howdy y'all!
Patrick: Get a dog, little longie, get a dog!

The second one is the last scene in "Employee of the month", when Squidward & Spongebob compete for the "Employee of the month" award, which has bits like Squidward scrubbing a table so hard that he tears it in half! :laugh:

I do have a morbid curiosity about these new episodes though, as I've heard that they become dumber and gruesome (I'm watching them on YTV). How low can they go? :smoke: At least "Fear of a Krabby Patty" made me laugh once or twice, especially when Spongebob tries to guess what people are trying to tell him.

Mr. Krabs: I want you to see a professional--
Spongebob: Wrestler?

Besides those episodes, the show's not funny at all for me. :ohwell: It's not quite absurd enough for my taste.

Edit: I forgot! I also found the ending to "Night Light" funny. It involves Patrick running towards the sun and gets his *** burned (it makes sense in context).

WolfenMiatang

Smash Apprentice
SEAWEED

50% sea, 50% weed.​

XD I remember that episode when Plankton mind controls Spongebob.

Im going to put that in my signature I love that...100% weeed

StinkomanFan

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2724-2849-3244
Mrs. Puff: I'm going to have to change my name, move away, and start a new boating school! No! Not again.
My family were just laughing their ***** off

Fox_Rocks

Smash Journeyman
"You were supposed to explode!"

"Okay...I'll try....GARY! YOU ARE GOING TO FINISH YOU'RE DESERT, AND YOU ARE GONNA LIKE IT! Your turn, Squidward."

"THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT YOU BARNACLE-HEAD!"

"Ooo, good one."

Love that part.

Top Bottom