• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Teeb147

Smash Legend
He could be in insider circles, especially as a ResetEra admin, but that means he could've gotten the B-K info from them, too.

His "Hoping for a smashing good time" statement is the exact same one he used on ResetEra yesterday.

He could still be wrong, I'm just sayin'. And Tansut's Cloud leak was the day before the reveal.
Yup. And that happened, and we got more info later on.
It could happen for banjo too, or it could be based on iffy info or even guesses.
I wont stop anyone from believing it. I just dont like seeing people get too ahead and then be disappointed and take it out around them. Hoping that doesn't happen, but we need to see it and hear from nintendo. Anyway ;)

Last edited:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Why do I get the feeling you are acting like you think you know something that is not quite known yet?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Why do I get the feeling you are acting like you think you know something that is not quite known yet?
no it's really just that i dont feel like debating about erdrick right now, since it's part of it.
I'm just playing the various scenarios with the info we do know, and just what i think is most likely. Doesn't mean it wont turn out entirely different.
Banjo reveal at microsoft. Erdrick reveal at SE. Fleshed out at nintendo, along with erdrick having an earlier release, based on what we know and the timing, and just going by strategy for sales and promotion. Someone else can take over about it if some people want to talk on that. That's my 'prediction', let's say.

That said, i'm not ruling out other characters (like steve or other se reps. I dont feel like masterchief or doomguy have as much chance, but they're not impossible), or even that there'd only be one reveal or anything, and I hope people wont be too disappointed if that happens, because there's plenty to like about the e3 news, but after i thought about it do think it makes sense to have both there, and it'd be part of the strategy.

I'm curious what people are excited for any other news besides smash too. I know more FF7 news for sure ;p

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Literally ff7r is all i care aside from nintendo lol but also up to any surprise announcements.... actually... hoping for zelda 2020 since king zell mentioned it a couple of times and hyped it for botw fans

Last edited:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
I'm excited for FFVII Remake, a possible look at the next 3D Mario and/or Zelda, Link's Awakening, Luigi's Mansion 3, Animal Crossing and any surprise announcement.
I'm feeling we're going to see Mario Kart in a new way and the return of an old franchise

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I would hope that the Final Fantasy VII Remake would include some sort of option to play the game in the original style... but I doubt I'll get that...

To be fair I've only played a demo of Final Fantasy XV and the combat felt really dull in that so I haven't really given it a fair shake. Maybe I should try the Royal Edition of XV whenever I finish Persona 5.

D

Deleted member

Lots of leakers knew about smash way before him. If anything he might've said 'hope' back then because he has an insider circle but doesnt have sources himself for smash. I just dont think it's prudent to put so much stock into someone, and think they're good for smash just because they knew about it 5 minutes before it started. It could be true tho :)

uuhh... not really, because it'll turn into debate. (if i havent already started one with cj lol) And I really dont feel like that right now.

leave me alone! :p
A lot of people knew about smash, and even the final roster. Rememeber talking with some here.

D

Deleted member

I would hope that the Final Fantasy VII Remake would include some sort of option to play the game in the original style... but I doubt I'll get that...

To be fair I've only played a demo of Final Fantasy XV and the combat felt really dull in that so I haven't really given it a fair shake. Maybe I should try the Royal Edition of XV whenever I finish Persona 5.
I wouldn't really recommend FFXV. While the Royal Edition fixed a ton of issues the original release had I find the way the story was handled - by splitting pieces of it apart from the game into DLC, a movie, and a book, to be outright terrible.
And the combat isn't very good either. There's a ton of cool abilities you can use in combat... but the gane gives you basically no reason to use them when just mashing the normal attack button gets things done most of the time.

If you want a good starting point for FF, I would suggest any of the mainline games on SNES or PS1, except 8 (It's not really bad but just VERY different).

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I'm curious what people are excited for any other news besides smash too. I know more FF7 news for sure ;p
I don¨t know if I would say "excited" but I¨m interested if we finally will see the supposed new IP from Retro Studios on E3. They haven¨t done a game for about... 5 years now? Unless they have co-developed stuff behind the scenes... I can¨t see why they have been so silent these past years prior to the MP4 restart announcement.

Shinobi has had a spotless track record so far and he has teased Smash before anyone knew about it as his tweet shows; he may usually leak stuff unrelated to Nintendo, but it's likely he still has connections to people that could give him Smash info.

I mean we take Tansut seriously and he's only leaked Cloud in a vague way (nothing against Tansut; Erdrick seems very likely, I'm just sayin').

Attachments

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

• Fire Emblem Three Houses is expected to have a lot of cool content due to leaks. I didn't read the leaks themselves so I wonder what we'll get.
  • I wonder what Rareware has in store, in general. Whether it be Banjo or that new Battletoads game they announced. What about Switch ports for their N64 classics?
  • I guess I'm curious about Animal Crossing Switch.
  • Interested in any Dragon Quest ports that might happen
  • New Kirby game would get me interested
The first two points plus Smash Bros are the big ones, so getting all of those fulfilled will leave me a happy man.

Literally ff7r is all i care aside from nintendo lol but also up to any surprise announcements.... actually... hoping for zelda 2020 since king zell mentioned it a couple of times and hyped it for botw fans
Gonna give your post a like because I noticed your new signature.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Thanks to the flooding of DQ news, I’m really hyped for anything DQ related they have to announce. Some DQXII character concepts maybe. News from DQ Monsters 3 would be nice.
Would like to see that Secret of Mana collection released too.

Outside Square Enix, anything Doom would be great. Doom Eternal is looking siiiick.

And I’m curious about Microsoft and Nintendo’s partnership. I hope we get Rare Replay. Mostly for Battletoads.

And lastly, my usual expectations of another retro revival from Nintendo. But that rarely happens so I’m keeping my expectations low here.

EDIT: Oh, and Metroid Prime 4. I would love to see something about it, but given its status of pretty much going back to the drawing board, I won't expect anything.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
-New Golden game or Golden Sun 1/2 remasters or remakes
-Seeing any long absent Nintendo IP getting brought back
-Megaman X9
-Spyro trilogy coming to Switch and/or PC
-Kinda interested to see what the new Battletoads game will be like
-Rare Replay and the Master Chief Collection going to Switch would be dope
-A Mario RPG that actually looks good
-Bayonetta 3
-New Donkey Kong game (Metroid fans won't have any reason to throw a stink about it this time >_>)
-A new 2D Mario that isn't NSMB or a creation/level editor game

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
  • Fire Emblem Three Houses is expected to have a lot of cool content due to leaks. I didn't read the leaks themselves so I wonder what we'll get.
  • I wonder what Rareware has in store, in general. Whether it be Banjo or that new Battletoads game they announced. What about Switch ports for their N64 classics?
3H sure feels like the most ambitious Fire Emblem game to date. As someone that is ordered to review it... I won¨t do much more than just play that for a while once it comes out xD. Speaking of Banjo, considering all the Banjo merc that is coming to E3 and have previously come last year, I suspect that we are getting something Banjo (the merch is something that makes me believe Shinobi even more tbh)
-A Mario RPG that actually looks good
Not a fan of the Mario & Luigi or the two first Paper Mario?

ZelDan

Smash Master
3H sure feels like the most ambitious Fire Emblem game to date. As someone that is ordered to review it... I won¨t do much more than just play that for a while once it comes out xD. Speaking of Banjo, considering all the Banjo merc that is coming to E3 and have previously come last year, I suspect that we are getting something Banjo (the merch is something that makes me believe Shinobi even more tbh)

Not a fan of the Mario & Luigi or the two first Paper Mario?
No, I loved Super Star Saga and the first 2 Paper mario games. Dream team and Super Paper mario were okay.

Sticker Star was quite disappointing, and Color Splash seemed to be more of that and I didn't even want to bother (some people say it improved upon Sticker Star, still don't really care to check it out at this point). This is what I mean by wanting a new Mario RPG to actually look good, whether it be Papaer, M&L, or hell, more like the original SMRPG.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
So it looks like Vergeben is "backing up" Shinobi now about Banjo. https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77761932?page=4

No, I loved Super Star Saga and the first 2 Paper mario games. Dream team and Super Paper mario were okay.

Sticker Star was quite disappointing, and Color Splash seemed to be more of that and I didn't even want to bother (some people say it improved upon Sticker Star, still don't really care to check it out at this point). This is what I mean by wanting a new Mario RPG to actually look good, whether it be Papaer, M&L, or hell, more like the original SMRPG.
Ah gotcha

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Sounds like one of his trusted source has heard something about banjo afterall. I think that's enough to say there's probably defniitely insider info then.
If Minecraft content is truly in, but Banjo is the DLC character, I think it safe to say that Steve is a Mii Costume. That could explain why some claimed that Steve were going to be DLC if Banjo is the Microsoft one.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
If Minecraft content is truly in, but Banjo is the DLC character, I think it safe to say that Steve is a Mii Costume. That could explain why some claimed that Steve were going to be DLC if Banjo is the Microsoft one.
I thought so too. It would explain why noone has been saying that steve is playable but dont commit to what it really means to have minecraft content.
I guess it could also be possible that the level would have some kind of minecraft reference somewhere. Spirits too at the very least maybe.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I thought so too. It would explain why noone has been saying that steve is playable but dont commit to what it really means to have minecraft content.
I guess it could also be possible that the level would have some kind of minecraft reference somewhere. Spirits too at the very least maybe.
Yeah I mean, I don¨t see why it would stop them to use only B&K spirits... they could use Master Chief as a spirit and/or MII costume as well for all we know

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah I mean, I don¨t see why it would stop them to use only B&K spirits... they could use Master Chief as a spirit and/or MII costume as well for all we know
Sure, why not. Maybe less likely than just the mii costumes just because of what we saw with joker, but it's definitely possible.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
I'm convinced that the Minecraft content is just going to be a stage and maybe a Mii costume completely divorced from the fighters pass. I mean we will have an extra stage slot open after the fighters pass is done, so I'm almost entirely convinced that we're getting one extra DLC stage to fill that gap. I think most people know Minecraft most for its environments anyway, so what better series to be solely represented as a stage than it?

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I'm convinced that the Minecraft content is just going to be a stage and maybe a Mii costume completely divorced from the fighters pass. I mean we will have an extra stage slot open after the fighters pass is done, so I'm almost entirely convinced that we're getting one extra DLC stage to fill that gap. I think most people know Minecraft most for its environments anyway, so what better series to be solely represented as a stage than it?
That could be it

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Do anyone know the track record from Imran Khan from Gameinformer? He chimed in on this whole Banjo and Erdrick discussion in a recent pod.

D

Deleted member

Unsure about Erdick backs up Banjo.
Well I looked more into it. Without watching a 50 minute video, some responses specify that while he seems legit, all he's doing is giving his speculation over Banjo and Erdrick.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Unsure about Erdick backs up Banjo.
I don't think he said he's unsure about Erdrick. He said in that link that "Erdrick is in", so to me that means he's pretty sure about him

Edit: I thought you were talking about what Vergeben said about Erdrick. I didn't realize you were talking about GameInformer. My bad. What video is this?

Edit again: Nevermind, I think I found it :p

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
It's pretty interesting that someone from the "inside" seems to be unsure about Erdrick, everybody right now is pretty much on Erdrick and Banjo being at least 95% on being in! I wonder what his unsureness on Erdrick is about! Can someone try and find that podcast again, I'd just like to hear his reasoning, considering this is coming from a pretty known insider.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
In 10 years, when SE finishes making FF7 Remake, they need to do a Super Mario RPG Remake, using the Paper Mario art style.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
It's pretty interesting that someone from the "inside" seems to be unsure about Erdrick, everybody right now is pretty much on Erdrick and Banjo being at least 95% on being in! I wonder what his unsureness on Erdrick is about! Can someone try and find that podcast again, I'd just like to hear his reasoning, considering this is coming from a pretty known insider.
I think It's this video at about the 14 minute mark: https://youtu.be/JbWFUG3s_8Q?t=844

-Coco-

Smash Ace
One thing to bear in mind within the context of the video, he says the rumor he heard involves Erdrick, Ryu Hyubusa, Doom Guy and Banjo, that's the rumor he wasn't sure he buys. He also goes on to say he think there might something Dragon Quest but doesn't know if there's gonna be a character.

Also i find it funny that everyone on the restera thread says that Gameexplain saying Banjo is in is a huge thing but they forget that everyone on gamexplain was saying there a DQ character is likely. Even in their latest video they said Luminary might be in.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
One thing to bear in mind within the context of the video, he says the rumor he heard involves Erdrick, Ryu Hyubusa, Doom Guy and Banjo, that's the rumor he wasn't sure he buys. He also goes on to say he think there might something Dragon Quest but doesn't know if there's gonna be a character.

Also i find it funny that everyone on the restera thread says that Gameexplain saying Banjo is in is a huge thing but they forget that everyone on gamexplain was saying there a DQ character is likely. Even in their latest video they said Luminary might be in.
When did Gamexplain say this?

Untouch

Smash Master
I have serious SERIOUS doubts we're getting a gen 8 pokemon as DLC, or any first party actually.
I still have a hunch that Erdrick actually gets in as "hero", which a bunch of costumes, Luminary being one of them, Erdrick will just be the default costume.

-Coco-

Smash Ace
I have serious SERIOUS doubts we're getting a gen 8 pokemon as DLC, or any first party actually.
I still have a hunch that Erdrick actually gets in as "hero", which a bunch of costumes, Luminary being one of them, Erdrick will just be the default costume.
Let's not forget that Jon likes to beat around the bush in order to make it seem like he's not an insider. He could be saying Luminary to throw everyone off.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I just find it pretty interesting that we finally got someone credible who isn't sure about Erdrick or a Dragon Quest hero being the Square character. We're close to the E3 finish line, and this is getting said by someone who's pretty credible and on the week before E3 mind you!

I don't know if you guys know this, but, this is coming from the same guy who also broke the rumor about Square and Nintendo apparently wanting to bring Kingdom Hearts games to the Switch. He lampshaded it in his Kinda Funny Game interview, (it's around the 39:22 mark) and he's heard that Square and Nintendo apparently want Kingdom Hearts to have the same port treatment that Final Fantasy has been getting on the Switch. If I don't get Sora, at least give me KH games to the Switch please! He's heard the Erdrick rumors back then but he seemed like he was just piggybacking from what everybody else seems to be going with. I'm just wondering what he could've heard (as of recently) to not think that it may not be Erdrick now or even a Dragon Quest character.

So, the Square character could still end up being a suprise again it's just speculation, I still think it could be Erdrick, but I'm at least a good 80-85% that he's the one, but I'm not giving up on Sora neither.

Last edited:
Top Bottom