• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
It’s interesting perhaps it means Nintendo is aware of the leaks and they will be proven wrong. Or it means he’s not telling all the truth and there will be two DLC reveals.
Like Teeb147 Teeb147 said. In Japanese, his statement doesn¨t necessarily mean 1 character.

I was thinking about that but i cant figure out anything meaningful :p
We get 3 fighters revealed xD?

While I would love to have an unexpected reveal, I wish either Banjo or Erdrick are revealed so we can just move on.

Likewize

Last edited:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Like Teeb147 Teeb147 said. In Japanese, his statement doesn¨t necessarily mean 1 character.

We get 3 fighters revealed xD?
It’s possible it only means 1, as Push Dustin has observed

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I was out for a while. What’s the full context of that statement, if you don’t mind?
Sakurai mentioned that the smash ball behind him turned into a fake one. It could've just been a fun remark, but obviously people who think too much might be curious as to if it means something more ;p

I dont think it means anything, but it was still pretty random.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I think we will just get one. We should also take into account that Doug Bowser did chime in and he seemed to have an idea of what it was. He also seemed to refer to it as a single entity.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I think we will just get one. We should also take into account that Doug Bowser did chime in and he seemed to have an idea of what it was. He also seemed to refer to it as a single entity.
He said what or who.. not just who.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Anyway you look at it, it was in japanese and is vague. It could be 2, or it could be 1. If they're planning one of them for a surprise, then it makes more sense too.

As for the nintendo translation, that's what's leading people to think it's 1. It could be, but we cant know for sure either way.

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
It’s interesting perhaps it means Nintendo is aware of the leaks and they(leaks) will be proven wrong. Or it means he’s not telling all the truth and there will be two DLC reveals. The fact Sakurai deliberately pointed out the fake Smash ball is very interesting.
Or it's just the chair theory again....
Just saying...

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Let’s assume it is only one Smash DLC character being revealed at E3. Then that means it’s the battle of the leaks. On one side it’s people claiming Banjo, on the other it’s people claiming Erdrick. If only one character is announced it’s possible that some leaks will be proven false, or perhaps they will be proven right, time will tell.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Sakurai mentioned that the smash ball behind him turned into a fake one. It could've just been a fun remark, but obviously people who think too much might be curious as to if it means something more ;p

I dont think it means anything, but it was still pretty random.
Aah thank you!

Yeah, I just watched the vid, so here’s my 2 cents.

$0,01) I lean on Nintendo’s translation being correct, because it doesn’t seem to me like the translation was made on the spot. The only part that imo had to be translated on the spot (or loaded right there) was the part where he commented on Japan being the winners. The rest has to have been translated in advance.

$0,01) Fake smash ball comment was just that, lol. No hidden meaning here imo. Just another 2 chair situation.

Untouch

Smash Master
Going to guess Banjo Tuesday, Banjo isn't "brave" though, same reason as I always had.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
$0,01) I lean on Nintendo’s translation being correct, because it doesn’t seem to me like the translation was made on the spot. The only part that imo had to be translated on the spot (or loaded right there) was the part where he commented on Japan being the winners. The rest has to have been translated in advance.
This honestly depends. I doubt the translators know everything about what's going on. Nintendo runs a tight ship, they try to not have things leak. The translators are going to know the bare minimum.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
This honestly depends. I doubt the translators know everything about what's going on. Nintendo runs a tight ship, they try to not have things leak. The translators are going to know the bare minimum.
We pretty much shared the same thought in different threads :p (around the same time)

I think it's still pretty open. even if we cant say for sure.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Saw this on Instagram and thought I’d share. I think it looks pretty cool.

View attachment 226720
Looks amazing! Is this still a 3D render? Because it looks like a figure with real cloth (look at the size of those the thread and button).

The level of detail is astounding. I mean look at those bracelets. Pure leather.
Really nice translation to 3D.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Looks amazing! Is this still a 3D render? Because it looks like a figure with real cloth (look at the size of those the thread and button).

The level of detail is astounding. I mean look at those bracelets. Pure leather.
Really nice translation to 3D.
It’s a 3D render :). And I agree the attention to detail is astounding. Nintendo or Square need to hire this person.

Here’s the link to the image.
https://www.instagram.com/p/ByaHewVFAh7/?igshid=mlhilqmjoof3

Last edited:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Really wish I was in LA right now. The Kingdom Hearts Orchestra is currently playing there, and I bet it’s amazing. Not to mention Hashimoto himself is in attendance.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The smash ball, if anything, could just be about the surprise factor about it. Most new people dont know much on which is which, but then it's easier to tell when you've seen enough to know. Anyway, it's a surprise and it makes a bang. It would shock people. Set things ablaze.

Anyone can make connections, lol :p

D

Deleted member

I say it all depends on who gets announced. If only Erdick, then yes, If only Banjo its not the new chair theory
It could be very well interpreted as the Xenoblade Chronicles X avatar, their name is even Cross :b

And technically the fake aspect works for them as well due to being in a fake body.

Last edited by a moderator:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
It could be very well interpreted as the Xenoblade Chronicles X avatar, their name is even Cross :b

And technically the fake aspect works for them as well due to being in a fake body.
True. I was just using them as an example because they are the most rumored right now

ZelDan

Smash Master

if we were to get a XCX character, I'd want Elma. She was always one of my more wanted characters for Ultimate.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
if we were to get a XCX character, I'd want Elma. She was always one of my more wanted characters for Ultimate.
I would be down for Jin, seeing as how he was both a protagonist and antagonist, would be interesting. Plus all his ice attacks would be pretty cool <- no pun intended.

Last edited:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Ladies and gents!
Today is the day for the Symphonic Reunion!!!!!

Most likely the Remake versions of the FFVII tracks that we know and love will be featured, alongside a new trailer, much like KH last year.
Sadly, there is no livestream. We'll have to rely on a sneaky dude to record it. :p

E3 has started already with some very great news, if you've been keeping up with the leaks.
Apparently Sakurai's video had a very sneaky detail with the Smash Ball. Probs the new modern day lie detector. :4pacman:
Maybe it means the next fighter is already done and is focusing on challenger 3. We might get a reveal now. But EVO is also possible.
For now, the safe bet is it's going to be Banjo as DLC Pack 2. And if that is the case, my theory on Banjo being Brave might come to fruition.
And thus, we'll be back kinda at square 1, but at least with some new devs since august.
If I were to pinpoint, we would have 3 main candidates for the spot: Erdrick/Luminary, Sephiroth, Sora.
What would your forecast be?
I hope you guys enjoy E3! Because let me tell you: It's going to be a blast!!! A smashing time! ;P

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Ladies and gents!
Today is the day for the Symphonic Reunion!!!!!

Most likely the Remake versions of the FFVII tracks that we know and love will be featured, alongside a new trailer, much like KH last year.
Sadly, there is no livestream. We'll have to rely on a sneaky dude to record it. :p

E3 has started already with some very great news, if you've been keeping up with the leaks.
Apparently Sakurai's video had a very sneaky detail with the Smash Ball. Probs the new modern day lie detector. :4pacman:
Maybe it means the next fighter is already done and is focusing on challenger 3. We might get a reveal now. But EVO is also possible.
For now, the safe bet is it's going to be Banjo as DLC Pack 2. And if that is the case, my theory on Banjo being Brave might come to fruition.
And thus, we'll be back kinda at square 1, but at least with some new devs since august.
If I were to pinpoint, we would have 3 main candidates for the spot: Erdrick/Luminary, Sephiroth, Sora.
What would your forecast be?
I hope you guys enjoy E3! Because let me tell you: It's going to be a blast!!! A smashing time! ;P
I still think we could see Fighter 2 announced and shadowed dropped (maybe not the same day, but the same week) and the announcing character 3 for a later release date. It has been too long between the announcements not to have a chance to happen. But if there is only one, then yes I would bet my money on Banjo at this point. The Square character has been rumored for months, yet nothing has happened. Minecraft content has been rumored for months but now in the 11th hour, it all shift in Banjos favor with Microsoft DLC... but then again we could get an extra Minecraft stage as DLC like Plant was outside the Fighters pass or Steve could be an MII Costume if Banjo is the DLC:

As someone that has followed the leaker scene... the closer the leaks is to potential reveal (in this cause E3) the likelier the leak is. Plus Brave is such a broad term that I find it stupid to just fixate to some specific characters. And even if it was pointing to something.. they could as far as we know point towards the Ukamari Warriors http://www.snipview.com/q/Ukumari_(Inca_warrior) or something. They used Sherlock Holmes in order for a codename for Jokers person who is basically the French version of Sherlock after all. It helps Banjo that he is backed up by the most trustworthy leaker and the leaker is backed up by two other resetera leakers and for what its worth, Vergeben.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Until we get dlc#3 or datamine for #2, there's not much we can say that rules out anything.

People just need to be patient ;p

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
Banjo fan here, wishing good luck to ErdrickBros. I think DQ deserves representation more than just about any other series right now and even though I wouldn't play as him personally, I'd be happy for everyone here. Hope the love is mutual for us Banjo Boomers

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I started skimming through the leaks and i saw some cool stuff i might like, but I already feel like i dont want to spoil myself that much, so i wont look at too much more, and maybe people can talk about the leaks in spoilers.

I saw a new tales and something about the mana series, so that's neat to see :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom