• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Like I said, it's not about the credibility, it's about him making a direct claim or not. Banjo is so highly discussed right now that there's no problem outright saying it. He might just be hoping for it, from the speculation and the merch going around. I dont buy into cryptic stuff when there's no need for it.
If there were someone like Vergeben than I would agree with your point. But this is a leaker that has a flawless track record as of now, backed up by Ryce for not doing stuff just for "****s and giggles and hope he is right" and Sabi going out saying that this dude is the most trustworthy at that site. Also using the word smashing I would argue is downright saying it... Especially since E3 is right around the corner and Smash is one of the biggest thing people are speculating about.

This Banjo leak is literally the new Ridley leak

>Highly requested character
>Previously thought unlikely (size issues to microsoft)
>credible leaker(s) mention said character in a cryptic manner with a smash or nintendo hint ("something (too) big" to "smashing")
>days/week before E3
>???

D

Deleted member

Honestly, current leak situation just seems a bit weird. Not impossible, just weird.

D

Deleted member

Why, if I might ask?
Combination of characters I suppose given that both would be "leaked".

One which was heavily speculated since last year after K. Rool and surviving the Grinch fiasco, and now in the recent weeks picked up in the speculation again.

The other character being leaked since 6 months ago and the whole rollercoaster in the speculation that happened with it.

Just feels we're kinda in a different situation from last DLC where we had something concrete regarding Ryu but but at the same time we didn't knew anything regarding the other 3.

I feel only one of the characters is going to be revealed and the other one is not in or its going to be shown later. That's my feeling for some reason.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
If there were someone like Vergeben than I would agree with your point. But this is a leaker that has a flawless track record as of now, backed up by Ryce for not doing stuff just for "****s and giggles and hope he is right" and Sabi going out saying that this dude is the most trustworthy at that site. Also using the word smashing I would argue is downright saying it... Especially since E3 is right around the corner and Smash is one of the biggest thing people are speculating about.

>credible leaker(s) mention said character in a cryptic manner with a smash or nintendo hint ("something (too) big" to "smashing")
>days/week before E3
>???
I dont really count it in the same way, and I just dont trust this 'leak' for now, even if he's backed some by 2 more leakers that i dont give too much credit to.
Feel free to give it some weight if you want. I'm on the fence for now.

But really, I dont mind too much how things have developped. Just need some popcorn candy and watch the show ;p

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion

One which was heavily speculated since last year after K. Rool and surviving the Grinch fiasco, and now in the recent weeks picked up in the speculation again.

The other character being leaked since 6 months ago and the whole rollercoaster in the speculation that happened with it.

Just feels we're kinda in a different situation from last DLC where we had something concrete regarding Ryu but but at the same time we didn't knew anything regarding the other 3.

I feel only one of the characters is going to be revealed and the other one is not in or its going to be shown later. That's my feeling for some reason.
Ah, I get ya, and I certainly agree with you. The only thing I would, argue is that I would not be surprised if two was announced. One shadow dropped and the other announced for a later date. We are in June and it would fit the timeframe with February 2020.

dont really count it in the same way, and I just dont trust this leaker for now, even if he's backed some by 2 more leakers that i dont give too much credit to.
Feel free to give it some weight if you want. I'm on the fence for now.
I disagree. Someone that has done leaking knows by know that people would take that as Smash leaks. Especially someone that has such a solid track record as Shinobi has.

Also, are you a skeptic because you would have to eat some hot sauce if its true :p?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Ah, I get ya, and I certainly agree with you. The only thing I would, argue is that I would not be surprised if two was announced. One shadow dropped and the other announced for a later date. We are in June and it would fit the timeframe with February 2020.

I disagree. Someone that has done leaking knows by know that people would take that as Smash leaks. Especially someone that has such a solid track record as Shinobi has.

Also, are you a skeptic because you would have to eat some hot sauce if its true :p?
Yeah maybe ;p But mostly for now it's about the phrasing than the credibility. In his other leak I saw he was not cryptic at all. And being that banjo is pretty discussed right now, i dont see a reason to not just say it, so that's mostly my reasoning for now. That and hot sauce maybe? :p

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Yeah maybe ;p But mostly for now it's about the phrasing than the credibility. In his other leak I saw he was not cryptic at all. And being that banjo is pretty discussed right now, i dont see a reason to not just say it, so that's mostly my reasoning for now. That and hot sauce? :p
If it wasn¨t for his track record, I would agree with you. I doubt someone that is known for being so trustworthy would just risk his reputation and credibility just because it's pretty discussed and take a gamble like that. It takes a lot to build up, but only a stone to erase it

Teeb147

Smash Legend
If it wasn¨t for his track record, I would agree with you. I doubt someone that is known for being so trustworthy would just risk his reputation and credibility just because it's pretty discussed and take a gamble like that. It takes a lot to build up, but only a stone to erase it
That's what I'm saying, he's not risking it, because he didn't make any claim. He made it so that others could come to that conclusion, but he can save face if it doesn't happen. Maybe with some time he'll say something more. But even if I dont believe it, if banjo is in we'd find out anyway in not even a week ;)

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
That's what I'm saying, he's not risking it, because he didn't make any claim. He made it so that others could come to that conclusion, but he can save face if it doesn't happen. Maybe with some time he'll say something more. But even if I dont believe it, if banjo is in we'd find out anyway in not even a week ;)
And I say that he don't be able to save face concidering how Smash Bros fanbase is. Just look how they treat Vergeben now after the VGA and Enderdragon fiasco

Teeb147

Smash Legend
And I say that he don't be able to save face concidering how Smash Bros fanbase is. Just look how they treat Vergeben now after the VGA and Enderdragon fiasco
When he made actual claims. Now he's starting a bit more to say stuff that he's unsure about and talk a little about info from trusted sources or not. He's still pompous but at least he's slowly learning his lesson. He hasn't made weird vague claims in the hopes that people would take him up on it.

If Banjo doesn't show up at e3, making a cryptic comment like that guy did isn't the same as the longer leaks he's done before. If you want to hold him up to it then go ahead, and make a big deal about it if it doesnt happen :p

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
When he made actual claims. Now he's starting a bit more to say stuff that he's unsure about and talk a little about info from trusted sources or not. He's still pompous but at least he's slowly learning his lesson. He hasn't made weird vague claims in the hopes that people would take him up on it.

If Banjo doesn't show up at e3, making a cryptic comment like that guy did isn't the same as the longer leaks he's done before. If you want to hold him up to it then go ahead, and make a big deal about it if it doesnt happen :p
I argue that you give the Smashfanbase to much cred. But fair enough

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I was just thinking, people are saying that Erdrick isn't super likely because he's a character everyone is expecting and Reggie said something along the lines of characters people aren't expecting. But the thing is, no one was expecting Erdrick before leakers like Vergeben, and most casual fans wouldn't be considering Erdrick because they wouldn't keep up with leak speculation and whatnot. So maybe, according to Reggie, Erdrick would be a surprise character that no one is expecting because he wouldn't consider leakers talking about these characters. Am I making sense here?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I was just thinking, people are saying that Erdrick isn't super likely because he's a character everyone is expecting and Reggie said something along the lines of characters people aren't expecting. But the thing is, no one was expecting Erdrick before leakers like Vergeben, and most casual fans wouldn't be considering Erdrick because they wouldn't keep up with leak speculation and whatnot. So maybe, according to Reggie, Erdrick would be a surprise character that no one is expecting because he wouldn't consider leakers talking about these characters. Am I making sense here?
Yup, but I think that's kind of a given. And there's all sorts of things people say, but it's not something we need to take too seriously.

This next week is going to be jam packed full of leaks and weird points and all sorts of stuff, so I hope everyone's got their coat ready (on the speculation side), and at the same time it's supposed to be a good time for official news, so like i'd say, just enjoy :)

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Exactly, this is what I’m saying all the time.
People only know about Erdrick because of the leaks. But the same people also say his code name is too obvious, which again, isn’t all that obvious if you have to explain that in Japan the Hero protagonist is called a “Brave”.

And that bit about Reggie not being up to date (or not caring about) the leaker scene, makes sense. Acknowledging it would be a terrible move.
So, if things played out differently, and Vergeben hadn’t spoken out, and dataminera hadn’t done their thing, and someone hadn’t made the connection that Yuusha = Brave = Hero m, then yeah, Erdrick definitely fills the spot for a character that nobody would see coming, because before all that, nobody really did. :p

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Yup, but I think that's kind of a given. And there's all sorts of things people say, but it's not something we need to take too seriously.

This next week is going to be jam packed full of leaks and weird points and all sorts of stuff, so I hope everyone's got their coat ready (on the speculation side), and at the same time it's supposed to be a good time for official news, so like i'd say, just enjoy :)
Well we would think that it's a given, but people over on the RTC thread are arguing that Erdrick isn't very likely because everyone's expecting him

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well we would think that it's a given, but people over on the RTC thread are arguing that Erdrick isn't very likely because everyone's expecting him
I didnt see much of that. I've seen weird points around, and i do wish people would think a little more sometimes or at least make less claims and see what comes up, but there's not always too much we can do, so i dunno ;p I'm gonna try to focus more on e3 itself but there's obviously a ton of stuff for people who want to talk, speculate or debate.

D

Deleted member

I didnt see much of that. I've seen weird points around, and i do wish people would think a little more sometimes or at least make less claims and see what comes up, but there's not always too much we can do, so i dunno ;p I'm gonna try to focus more on e3 itself but there's obviously a ton of stuff for people who want to talk, speculate or debate.
RTC is sadly pretty much like that, it gets kinda boring when most arguments are just weird.

Untouch

Smash Master

Attachments

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/38781613/#q38785249

Alright I don't really like posting from 4chan... but..
this was posted right before the direct started...

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/227458982812450818/585829253787156492/1559742602965.png (potential spoiler warning)
Could be a case of real info mixed with false info.

Devil May Cry V got leaked with super specific details including V's play style. And just for lulz they added Dante in Smash.

Wouldn't take this other than, they knew the wolves names. "Sweats a bit"

Untouch

Smash Master

Devil May Cry V got leaked with super specific details including V's play style. And just for lulz they added Dante in Smash.

If real, this could just be an E3 leak, Banjo could be in, but not at E3.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/227458982812450818/585829253787156492/1559742602965.png (potential spoiler warning)
At this point, I feel like some of you guys are pulling leaks from 4Chan that "makes sense" or doesn't seem random! 4Chan is full of leaks, until it gets proven other wise, especially when it comes to E3! I wouldn't trust any of them, including the dual reveal of Banjo with the Square character being revealed, as much sense as it does make.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion

And I would argue that Shinobis comment should come into play. I mean well-trusted leaker > random 4 chan user.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
It turns out that Shinobi used the same "smashing good time" phrase to tease Smash in the Nintendo Direct in March last year, saying "Hoping for a smashing good time" like what he said on ResetEra yesterday.

As for this 4chan leak, it could be that the names have been going around and just that. The way they add "(Banjo is not)" as if they know the last 2 DLC characters makes me think they're just trying to troll B-K fans, similar to a previous "leak" that got Isabelle right but piggybacked off the Devil May Cry stuff and claimed Dante would be in while claiming other characters like Geno would not be in (which they got right, Geno isn't in, but since they got Dante wrong it's apparent they were trolling).

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

Apparently these names were going around in leaker circles before the direct so it could be trolling.
Would love this, but that last bit seems awfully coming out of nowhere so it sounds like a joke.

Still I hope it’s true. The bit about Erdrick and Doomguy. The no Banjo part I’m indifferent.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace

Only one of the characters is all but confirmed at this point. Erdrick could still not be the Square rep. And the way things are looking, with Banjo as update 4.0, he might be Brave, and Erdrick's only meaningful evidence is Tansut, who leaked the character a ton of time in advance, after the Verge list leaked. The Square rep isn't as much of a lock as almost everyone is assuming. Things right now are making the situation turn on its head.
Banjo should be shown and be available after E3, while the Square rep gets a trailer in the direct.

D

Deleted member

Only one of the characters is all but confirmed at this point. Erdrick could still not be the Square rep. And the way things are looking, with Banjo as update 4.0, he might be Brave, and Erdrick's only meaningful evidence is Tansut, who leaked the character a ton of time in advance, after the Verge list leaked. The Square rep isn't as much of a lock as almost everyone is assuming. Things right now are making the situation turn on its head.
Banjo should be shown and be available after E3, while the Square rep gets a trailer in the direct.
**** is weird and neither Banjo nor Erdrick feel like locks atm. Banjo only evidence is Shinobi statement that is interpreted as Banjo in smash while Erdrick is Tansut.

Currently the state of things make it weird for me to assume both of them are coming when the most important source only mention one of them and also not other people. I'll just wait and see to see if there are more confirmations coming.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Haha, none are lock whatsoever. And the most we have now is for erdrick and banjo, so they could either both be in, one of them, or neither. The timing for release 2 characters could be any of them first or even both close to each other. I think it would make more sense to release erdrick first, so that people would get a chance to play them first, and then a month or more later release banjo. That's of course if there's really anything to it.

Anyone who's impatient or really wanting something might get too deep into some ideas when things could turn out entirely differently. But E3 is hype either way. Tho obviously i cant wait to see what gets confirmed. It's fiiinally coming towards closing this and maybe we can move on from all the speculation around these characters lol. (some speculations are fun tho, for sure)

Last edited:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Very unlikely the Square rep launches before Banjo.
There is too much talk now regarding Banjo, with lots of new things pointing to him
This is the kind of thing that happens with things closer to completion.
Erdrick, Sephiroth, Sora or whatever would have to come considerably later

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Very unlikely the Square rep launches before Banjo.
There is too much talk now regarding Banjo, with lots of new things pointing to him
This is the kind of thing that happens with things closer to completion.
Erdrick, Sephiroth, Sora or whatever would have to come considerably later
I really dont agree with that. People talking about banjo because of a potential leak changes nothing about nintendo's plans. And I do think it makes sense for the order i mentioned. If really they have 2 characters at e3, i think that's how it could go down. Of course, nothing wrong with being open to anything.

I feel like the reveals could easily be banjo first though. If it would happen.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I really dont agree with that. People talking about banjo because of a potential leak changes nothing about nintendo's plans. And I do think it makes sense for the order i mentioned. If really they have 2 characters at e3, i think that's how it could go down. Of course, nothing wrong with being open to anything.
It's possible they announce both at E3 and release one in August/September. Either could be released then or after the 3.1.0 notification ends, though.

Remember that 3 characters were being worked on since release according to a message Japanese players received; while only two characters were found in the datamine, it's possible one was just left out (since leaving the other two in the game was a mistake anyway) or was just starting development.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace

I feel like the reveals could easily be banjo first though. If it would happen.
Banjo has been talked about for longer than Shinobi. These past 2 weeks were insane. All that was said is that it's much more likely to get Banjo than the other character this next update.
And I wanted to know why you think it would make sense for the order you mentioned to occur as you said.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It's possible they announce both at E3 and release one in August/September. Either could be released then or after the 3.1.0 notification ends, though.

Remember that 3 characters were being worked on since release according to a message Japanese players received; while only two characters were found in the datamine, it's possible one was just left out (since leaving the other two in the game was a mistake anyway) or was just starting development.
They'd work on multiple characters at a time to make good use of the staff's time, it's just what makes sense. Each would be at different levels of being complete... that is unless they do plan to release some at the same time. But i do we'll see them being at least 1 month apart. That's my reasoned take anyway.

Less than a week left,.. so if people can hold on it wont be too long before we get something XD

D

Deleted member

>days/week before E3
>???
I pretty much feel this exactly. I understand why Tansut and Vergeben are untrusted, but Shinobi's track record is looking too solid to discredit. Not only this but he has actually made a claim with Smash Bros before the March 2018 direct, albeit, 5 minutes before the direct itself.

Reminder: This was the direct that announced Inkling and Smash 5. I would say Banjo is a near lock now. Almost to the level or surpassing Erdrick's chances, and everybody here knows how I feel about Erdrick's chances

The craziest thing is that I still can't believe Banjo can be in Smash Bros. It's just something you have to see in order to believe when you're a Banjo fan these days.

Last edited by a moderator:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I pretty much feel this exactly. I understand why Tansut and Vergeben are untrusted, but Shinobi's track record is looking too solid to discredit. Not only this but he has actually made a claim with Smash Bros before the March 2018 direct, albeit, 5 minutes before the direct itself.

Reminder: This was the direct that announced Inkling and Smash 5. I would say Banjo is a near lock now. Almost to the level or surpassing Erdrick's chances, and everybody here knows how I feel about Erdrick's chances

The craziest thing is that I still can't believe Banjo can be in Smash Bros. It's just something you have to see in order to believe when you're a Banjo fan these days.
haha, you're really feeling yourselves. I think there's a big difference between track records, especially since shinobi doesnt have one with smash characters (and no, apparently he didn't leak ridley, according to push dustin). I like to see yous hopeful about it, but remember to temper your expecations and enjoy the surprises if you can ;)

And unfortunately, I dont feel like debating whatsoever, so this may be my last post on the matter.

Banjo has been talked about for longer than Shinobi. These past 2 weeks were insane. All that was said is that it's much more likely to get Banjo than the other character this next update.
And I wanted to know why you think it would make sense for the order you mentioned to occur as you said.
I think it's obvious enough. I'd rather just let the truth talk and let e3 come by.

I'm going to post less for the next week. (I still will though). but nobody should count on me for too much more.
Keep open and enjoy ;)

Last edited:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
haha, you're really feeling yourselves. I think there's a big difference between track records, especially since shinobi doesnt have one with smash characters (and no, apparently he didn't leak ridley, according to push dustin). I like to see yous hopeful about it, but remember to temper your expecations and enjoy the surprises if you can ;)

And unfortunately, I dont feel like debating whatsoever, so this may be my last post on the matter.

I think it's obvious enough. I'd rather just let the truth talk and let e3 come by.

I'm going to post less for the next week. (I still will though). but nobody should count on me for too much more.
Keep open and enjoy ;)
I don't see why is it obvious enough. Care to explain what am I missing here? :o

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Shinobi has had a spotless track record so far and he has teased Smash before anyone knew about it as his tweet shows; he may usually leak stuff unrelated to Nintendo, but it's likely he still has connections to people that could give him Smash info.

I mean we take Tansut seriously and he's only leaked Cloud in a vague way (nothing against Tansut; Erdrick seems very likely, I'm just sayin').

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Shinobi has had a spotless track record so far and he has teased Smash before anyone knew about it as his tweet shows; he may usually leak stuff unrelated to Nintendo, but it's likely he still has connections to people that could give him Smash info.

I mean we take Tansut seriously and he's only leaked Cloud in a very vague way (nothing against Tansut; Erdrick seems very likely, I'm just sayin').
Lots of leakers knew about smash way before him. If anything he might've said 'hope' back then because he has an insider circle but doesnt have sources himself for smash. I just dont think it's prudent to put so much stock into someone, and think they're good for smash just because they knew about it 5 minutes before it started. It could be true tho :)

I don't see why is it obvious enough. Care to explain what am I missing here? :o
uuhh... not really, because it'll turn into debate. (if i havent already started one with cj lol) And I really dont feel like that right now.

leave me alone! :p

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Lots of leakers knew about smash way before him. If anything he might've said 'hope' back then because he has an insider circle but doesnt have sources himself for smash. I just dont think it's prudent to put so much stock into someone, and think they're good for smash just because they knew about it 5 minutes before it started. It could be true tho :)
He could be in insider circles, especially as a ResetEra admin, but that means he could've gotten the B-K info from them, too.

His "Hoping for a smashing good time" statement is the exact same one he used on ResetEra yesterday.

He could still be wrong, I'm just sayin'. And Tansut's Cloud leak was the day before the reveal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom