• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
We were talking about the height values, not ridley's being too big lol. But considering all the likes on those posts im guessing it's something still brewing in people's psyches, weird ;p

Well it matters because some people (helped by mizumi) were under the impression that it didn't reflect heights, but if we could have an easy way to really check and see if it at least aligns with how they are in the game, like panda was going with, then we could say yeah ok so even if it doesnt change the heights much it still reflects the model heights somehow.

If it's a small height, then there's more chance it's a small character. So, people want to know what the deal is. It's all speculation anyway, but we still wanna know :)
Anyway, I gotta go, have fun talking whatever you feel like :)
I legitimately don't understand what the arguments are here. We can see a consistent ordinal scale that ranks all the characters in height and people are like

"Well if you made the characters bigger the stat would change"

Umm... yeah? So what? Unless the files are measuring brave with a Minni mushroom then this doesn't matter.

Now people are like

"But height might not reflect the characters accurately"

But we can clearly see that the stats are accurate just by looking at the characters. What else would "height" even mean?

Like, am I missing something? I'm open to arguments against the height thing but the ones people are bringing up are nonsense. Am I completely misunderstanding people? That's entirely possible since I am autistic and have trouble interpreting thoughts sometimes.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I legitimately don't understand what the arguments are here. We can see a consistent ordinal scale that ranks all the characters in height and people are like

Umm... yeah? So what? Unless the files are measuring brave with a Minni mushroom then this doesn't matter.

Now people are like

But we can clearly see that the stats are accurate just by looking at the characters. What else would "height" even mean?

Like, am I missing something? I'm open to arguments against the height thing but the ones people are bringing up are nonsense. Am I completely misunderstanding people? That's entirely possible since I am autistic and have trouble interpreting thoughts sometimes.
I can only put this last reply before i go, but like I tried to explain, it's because of the experimentations by mizumi (which were faulty for a few things) that people thought the height values weren't like the characters' heights in game, but now we know that they might be (but we still havent seen a full list, so how can we be sure until we do?). We need the actual info.

Look for the posts about how both ridley and pichu's height stats were both set to 15 and it didn't change them (or much) in game, they were still about the same sizes as they were before.
Well, if we can know what the values are for most characters we might be able to say for sure if it follows the character models or not.

aight, later. ;)

Last edited:

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Alright, so what we learned about height today just makes me even more confident in its importance. Think about it like this:
height seems to reflect how tall a character is in some way. Falcon is 18 and peach is 17, and falcon is slightly taller. Mario is 14 and ness is 13, and mario is slightly taller. Luigi and cloud are both 15, and they are even in almost all positions. If you line the characters up by height, they go from tallest to shortest or vice versa almost perfectly.

Since height does not directly enlarge or compress a model, my guess is that it is used in some sort of calc or is referenced somewhere else in the game's code. It clearly reflects a character's height accurately, so it serves some sort of purpose. This is even better for it being important because it goes to show that characters who are given their height stat DO intentionally meet their height. Before, those arguing against the height stat said that it affected the model so we wouldn't know until we see a model, but now we know it just straight up represents a character's height in general and is likely added there for use in some other calculations or function calls.

All in all, think of characters whose models you believe would be about as tall as Ness or Lucas', and just slightly shorter than Mario.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Now people are like

It was mainly because of the tweets Mizumi put out about character heights. I, in addition to many other people, took that as proof that the height value was not a good depiction of the character’s height in-game.

Now with this new info being brought up, that may no longer be the case. However, we don’t really have a definitive answer to whether or not height really indicates in-game height.

So from my perspective, the jury’s out on the usefulness of the height value. We have to wait and see what this all means.

Alright, so what we learned about height today just makes me even more confident in its importance. Think about it like this:
height seems to reflect how tall a character is in some way. Falcon is 18 and peach is 17, and falcon is slightly taller. Mario is 14 and ness is 13, and mario is slightly taller. Luigi and cloud are both 15, and they are even in almost all positions. If you line the characters up by height, they go from tallest to shortest or vice versa almost perfectly.

Since height does not directly enlarge or compress a model, my guess is that it is used in some sort of calc or is referenced somewhere else in the game's code. It clearly reflects a character's height accurately, so it serves some sort of purpose. This is even better for it being important because it goes to show that characters who are given their height stat DO intentionally meet their height. Before, those arguing against the height stat said that it affected the model so we wouldn't know until we see a model, but now we know it just straight up represents a character's height in general and is likely added there for use in some other calculations or function calls.

All in all, think of characters whose models you believe would be about as tall as Ness or Lucas', and just slightly taller than Mario.
Edit: And this literally gets posted seconds before I posted my response...

Go figure.

Last edited:

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
In addition, you can mix with the data to, for example, change pichu and Ridley's to 15.
But that's because you're hacking it lmao

If something is confirmed is that if it's Erdrick then it's Kid Erdrick.

D

Deleted member

All in all, think of characters whose models you believe would be about as tall as Ness or Lucas', and just slightly taller than Mario.
So...Geno still has a chance, Admittedly a small one but, a chance?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
In addition, you can mix with the data to, for example, change pichu and Ridley's to 15.
But that's because you're hacking it lmao

If something is confirmed is that if it's Erdrick then it's Kid Erdrick.
But wouldn't that go against what some leakers are saying about Erdrick? Someone fact check what we have heard, because something feels off.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

I want to believe. By God, I want to believe.
How's that Direct looking for Thursday?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
But wouldn't that go against what some leakers are saying about Erdrick? Someone fact check what we have heard, because something feels off.
I don't think every insider has specified kid or adult Erdrick. Tansut hasn't stated anything particular in that case, just that he'd have male and female alts. On one hand, there is no official kid female Erdrick design, but on the other, it's really not that hard for them to just... make one happen.

That being said, I highly doubt this is adult Erdrick myself. It's probably kid Erdrick or something more chibi.

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
Hey so it turns out there's a fighter parameter called "scale", is that the model size modifier we've been looking for?

(also Brave's "scale" is 0.96, as a note, so if it is, they're even shorter than we think)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think thats fair, still would like to understand why Bowser ends up having that value.
There's still the possibility that "brave" is not Erdrick and another character is incoming before him. Tansut mentioned that we shouldn't expect a reveal soon after all.

D

Deleted member

Hey so it turns out there's a fighter parameter called "scale", is that the model size modifier we've been looking for?

(also Brave's "scale" is 0.96, as a note, so if it is, they're even shorter than we think)
So if that's the case it's either Slime or Some other small character, Like Geno for example.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
That go against the people who thinks Height is something that you can change as you like. No. You can re edit the Model of a character and because of that, the Height value changes.
The brave model is, for instance, shorter than Mario.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
I believe you mean slightly shorter than Mario, right?
You are correct. My bad.

So...Geno still has a chance, Admittedly a small one but, a chance?
Geno would be around that tall IMO, so though I don't personally think it's him. I'm not sure who Brave is yet so I can't say, but I could see him fitting these stats if he were ever in.

I want to believe. By God, I want to believe.
How's that Direct looking for Thursday?
I don't know when the direct is, honestly. I keep hearing "soon" from my NoA contact, and I've had multiple other leakers tell me "soon"... but how soon is soon? I still haven't gotten a date, sadly. Hoping it's thursday and announced tomorrow just to get it over with. UGH.

Last edited:

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
You are correct. My bad.

Geno would be around that tall IMO, so yeah he has a fair chance. I'm not sure who Brave is yet so I can't say, but I could see him fitting these stats if he were ever in.

I don't know when the direct is, honestly. I keep hearing "soon" from my NoA contact, and I've had multiple other leakers tell me "soon"... but how soon is soon? I still haven't gotten a date, sadly. Hoping it's thursday and announced tomorrow just to get it over with. UGH.
Do they think there is a good chance that brave could be at the direct? Or would they have no idea?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I don't think every insider has specified kid or adult Erdrick. Tansut hasn't stated anything particular in that case, just that he'd have male and female alts. On one hand, there is no official kid female Erdrick design, but on the other, it's really not that hard for them to just... make one happen.

That being said, I highly doubt this is adult Erdrick myself. It's probably kid Erdrick or something more chibi.
I guess, but it is still kinda weird. It makes sense for Sakurai to go for classic Erdrick(As he loves going for more classic looks), but making entirely new alts seems a tad strange, especially when you start to factor in Toriyama. Not to say that Toriyama would be unreasonable, but I am slightly curious on how the process of making this new design for the character would work and the motivations behind it.

D

Deleted member

With that in mind what would you estimate their size is, compared to another character?

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
With that in mind what would you estimate their size is, compared to another character?
If this "scale" parameter is in indeed what controls the fighter's height in-game, (which we don't know yet, someone who can please check for me), then they'd end up being actually slightly shorter than Ness or Lucas.

Not that much shorter though, since 0.96 is pretty close to 1, but shorter nonetheless.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
You are correct. My bad.

Geno would be around that tall IMO, so yeah he has a fair chance. I'm not sure who Brave is yet so I can't say, but I could see him fitting these stats if he were ever in.

Fascinating how you still do believe Geno's in the running.
I myself deadlocked on Erdrick and I've seen other leakers do the same. However you and Verge have yet to outright say you think it's Erdrick from what I believe.
Makes me think. Thanks for the info.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Do they think there is a good chance that brave could be at the direct? Or would they have no idea?
Honestly, I actually think there is a very good chance. Brave was added in the code before the game even released, on December 5th. Almost all of Brave's stats are unique. I'm sure enough work has been done to give him at the very least a brief teaser. Unless they really want to wait.

D

Deleted member

All this info is Killing me guys, all of it seems to fit Geno to a T it's getting me Excited yet I don't want to get my hopes up, I'm so Anxious right now just hurry up on the direct Nintendo!

Edit: For clarification I'm not saying it is for sure Geno, but IF it was, the Stats and everything would make sense for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Just a quick question. If the brave is not a SE character would you be mad?

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
For the sake of aiding discussion, helping consolidate info, and clearing up some confusion, let's list out everything we know about Brave so far.

- They're about as tall as Ness or Lucas/Slighty shorter than Mario.
- They are slow in the air, but can fall very quickly.
- Their movement speed on the ground is average.
- They cannot crawl, wall jump, float in the air, cannot wall jump, and cannot stick to walls.
- They have "fighter_skin_type_bio", meaning they do not make a metallic clang when hit.
- Their height is 13, placing them equal to Ness or Lucas in height.
- When running, they take a distinctly long time to turn around, as if skidding or floating.
- They have 2 jumps.
- They are either the lightest heavyweight or the heaviest midweight at 101.

There's also a couple other things in the fighter parameters that could tell us more about Brave, but we are not certain on just yet.
- If the "air_lasso_type" parameter refers to aerial tether grabs, then they do not have that, either.
- If the scale parameter also affects their height, then they may actually be shorter than Ness or Lucas.

Data collected from https://puu.sh/CtLjZ.jpg, an image showing every single one of Brave's fighter parameters graciously provided by U Untouch .

Honestly, I actually think there is a very good chance. Brave was added in the code before the game even released, on December 5th. Almost all of Brave's stats are unique. I'm sure enough work has been done to give him at the very least a brief teaser. Unless they really want to wait.
They showed off Joker without any gameplay, and I could see them wanting to do the same for Brave in order to generate more hype.

Honestly at this point I just want to know who it is.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
FEED ME, SEYMOUR, AND FEED ME NOW.

am i making you happy
No joke first match as Piranha Plant I'm putting Feed Me Seymour on Spotify to fight to and muting the game.

And to be relevant. Wow. What a turn this whole Brave thing is taking.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
No joke first match as Piranha Plant I'm putting Feed Me Seymour on Spotify to fight to and muting the game.

And to be relevant. Wow. What a turn this whole Brave thing is taking.
Never watched Little Shop of Horror's, so this is the song I most associate with our plant boi.

And yes, it certainly has taken a turn.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Depends on who it turns out to be:
*If it's Steve, Ryu or Doomguy: "Well, maybe they changed their schedule, considering what happened with Joker."
*If it's some unrelated third-party character: "Eh, rumour's dead, but it's fine."
*If it's a Nintendo character: "Guess I dreamed too much..."
*If it's a Fire Emblem character:

Top Bottom