• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I still think it's Erdrick, but a few things make me go ''Huh".

Brave is really generic as a code name.

Two JRPG characters back to back.

Maybe even released on the same day. Which I find SUPER hard to believe. Brave would have to started work before Joker, and Joker was rushed into production and revealed first, which in turn really does not make Brave look good.

If Brave was suppose to start things off and we know Nintendo pretty much made Sakurai play his Joker card before the reveal of Brave. What does that say about Brave?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The gag of the season is when Brave isn't even Erdrick and everyone just ran with it because he's the most talked about and fits, but in actuality it's someone else entirely.

Imagine.
From all that we know, it could be someone from Bravely Default or even Eight if we go nuts.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Can't wait for F-Zero Federation Force!
honestly, I can see either them making f-zero fans mad and boy i've met one of them during my time in the isaac thread and he has a lot of angry passion haha or they could make Golden Sun fans upset by making a remake of the first two games on 3ds

Last edited:

-Coco-

Smash Ace
I still think it's Erdrick, but a few things make me go ''Huh".

If Brave was suppose to start things off and we know Nintendo pretty much made Sakurai play his Joker card before the reveal of Brave. What does that say about Brave?
Nothing? The entire reason Joker was unveiled first was likely because the audience who watches the VGAs are already aware of Joker because of his game winning an award the year prior.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
The gag of the season is when Brave isn't even Erdrick and everyone just ran with it because he's the most talked about and fits, but in actuality it's someone else entirely.

Imagine.
On one hand I'd love surprises.

On the other hand I'd feel so sad for the DQ fans. :(

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Imagine.
I still think this has a decent chance of happening.

Being the skeptic I am, I'm 50/50 on Brave being a DQ rep.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
All I know is if erdrick and a bunch of dragon quest stuff drops with it this is me

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So this Brave stuff.

I personally think it's either two characters.

1. Erdrick. Because of the translation of Hero's japanese name, plus the insiders.
2. Yuri Lowell. The guild the main party is in is called BRAVE Vesperia. Plus the rumored direct is one day before Vesperia HD's release.

And I wish that supid 5ch rumor would die already since that somehow some nobody would know all of the characters, the exact release date information and the reasons why they're in which points a big red flag here. Even the top insiders just heard names being thrown around at best.

-Coco-

Smash Ace
Here's a question, when do you guys think the DLC was made up? I know Sakurai made that tweet saying it was finalized or .e but clearly it was the least narrowed down before 2017 given that Rex is a mii costume to how recent he is. I initially thought Joker being announced meant that all DLC was finalized within this year but Joker's deisgn has been known for years now. Something isn't adding up here.

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Here's a question, when do you guys think the DLC was made up? I know Sakurai made that tweet saying it was finalized or .e but clearly it was the least narrowed down before 2017 given that Rex is a mii costume to how recent he is. I initially thought Joker being announced meant that all DLC was finalized within this year but Joker's deisgn has been known for years now. Something isn't adding up here.
I think DLC was chosen before 2017 because of the Rex disconfirm as well. My guess is that Sakurai tweet might of been a confirmation that the DLC is chosen already instead of being in the process of being chosen.

Untouch

Smash Master
I'm thinking that plans started late 2016, around the time Persona 5 released.
Rex was shown too late, and he was revealed early 2017...

StormC

Smash Hero
Rex was too late for the base game, not DLC. 32 minute mark:

"We decided which fighters to include when we started planning, so we couldn't add characters from titles like Xenoblade Chronicles 2, which was announced after planning had started." The video is accompanied by the caption "while Rex didn't quite make the roster..." which doesn't imply DLC.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Between the thing we know about Joker and Rex, late 2016 seems to be the most probable time when DLC was decided.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'm almost certain that DLC has been continually discussed and different slots were finalized at different times. It'd explain why we've known about a Square Enix character and (dare I say) Steve since before Ultimate's release, since negotiations were ongoing at that time for DLC. Negotiations for the final slot were finished when Sakurai sent that tweet, making all five DLC slots decided on.

"We decided which fighters to include when we started planning, so we couldn't add characters from titles like Xenoblade Chronicles 2, which was announced after planning had started." The video is accompanied by the caption "while Rex didn't quite make the roster..." which doesn't imply DLC.
But then, why make Mii costumes when, you know, he could just be DLC?

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Aww man... not this again.

Why in the world would Sakurai say all this stuff immediately after revealing the Fighters Pass.

Nothing implies this was just for the base roster.

Based on when these statements were made in the Direct, it's still pretty safe to say that Rex is out for Wave 1 DLC.

Unless we get a character that's from 2017 or later.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is literally the most non-existent of issues.
I know “muh anime-swordsman” but to the general public two JRPG characters is probably gonna create a certain impression. I know Corrin and Cloud happened next to each other, but Joker and Erdrick would be the first two characters.

StormC

Smash Hero
But then, why make Mii costumes when, you know, he could just be DLC?
Because Nintendo thinks other characters would sell better/tie into their marketing strategy better.

Aww man... not this again.

Why in the world would Sakurai say all this stuff immediately after revealing the Fighters Pass.

Nothing implies this was just for the base roster.

Based on when these statements were made in the Direct, it's still pretty safe to same that Rex is out for Wave 1 DLC.

Unless we get a character that's from 2017 or later.
Because the costume is part of the Fighter Pass. Read exactly what I said. "Rex didn't quite make the roster." Nothing is said about DLC.

D

Deleted member

I know “muh anime-swordsman” but to the general public two JRPG characters is probably gonna create a certain impression. I know Corrin and Cloud happened next to each other, but Joker and Erdrick would be the first two characters.
I don't think a game's genre is gonna affect the general perception.
If people don't like the character it won't matter what game genre they come from, all that matters is that "it's not what I wanted!"

D

Deleted member

If people don't like the character it won't matter what game genre they come from, all that matters is that "it's not what I wanted!"
I understand that, but I see Fisher’s point about putting two JRPG characters next to each other. It could make a bunch of people think the pass is just filled with RPG characters.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Because the costume is part of the Fighter Pass. Read exactly what I said. "Rex didn't quite make the roster." Nothing is said about DLC.
2 things to note here:

1. There's nothing specifying what type of planning it was: either base or DLC (which was when this segment took place)

2. Sakurai said during the Direct that they didn't develop the DLC yet, they could've still planned who's in the DLC.

So plan can mean DLC planning in this context.

D

Deleted member

Now that we talk about late or recent characters for Smash, i would like to talk for a second about Crash.

When talking about Crash Bandicoot as a character that arrived late or in time, we have to consider one thing: Skylanders Imaginators.

First, Activision had to contact Nintendo to get the permission for the compability with the DK and Bowser figures, so Nintendo had to know at least about general stuff of the game.

In addition, the Crash Bandicoot edition of the game, alongside the character and the remasters, were revealed at E3 of 2016, meaning that Imaginators started development around 2015.
It is possible that Nintendo knew to some extent about the Crash stuff, so Crash isn’t really a pick that arrived too late, all thanks to Skylanders Imaginators.

Take in mind that Crash in Skylanders wasn’t the same deal as Spyro in the first game of that franchise. Instead of showing him as another new character or just another random figure, he was promoted as a guest and a way to build hype for the remasters. It wasn’t something like “Crash Bandicoot is trapped in Skylanders alongside Spyro. Forget him now”, but instead something like “We are bringing back Crash, and we will put him in Skylanders to make the wait fast”.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I understand that, but I see Fisher’s point about putting two JRPG characters next to each other. It could make a bunch of people think the pass is just filled with RPG characters.
I know it's not the same case. But people, myself included, were skeptical that the roster would end with a Fire vs Fire Kencineroar reveal trailer. And that's exactly what we got.

So maybe it's isn't out of the question? Themed trailers seem to be a thing in Ultimate.

D

Deleted member

I know it's not the same case. But people, myself included, were skeptical that the roster would end with a Fire vs Fire Kencineroar reveal trailer. And that's exactly what we got.

So maybe it's isn't out of the question? Themed trailers seem to be a thing in Ultimate.
Would they really give Joker a 2nd trailer after he already got a fully animated one? If he did, it would probably be an in-engine trailer, so Erdrick wouldn’t get a CGi trailer. Can’t really see it happening tbh.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
This is literally the most non-existent of issues.
You give the General Public WAYYYY too much credit.

There will be complaints by people who don't play the JRPG genre about two JRPG leads back to back. I can assure you of this.

It doesn't even matter that Joker and Erdrick will be nothing alike. It's going to leave an impression for some that ''Well, they're not adding anyone from a genre or game style I'll recognize or play so why even bother with the Fighter Pass?"

Because there are a large chunk of people in the world who don't even play RPGS.

It's a sad life I know.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
Would they really give Joker a 2nd trailer after he already got a fully animated one? If he did, it would probably be an in-engine trailer, so Erdrick wouldn’t get a CGi trailer. Can’t really see it happening tbh.
I could see him getting a 2nd one like how Mewtwo did. Both of them got the '_____ is on the way!' initial reveal trailer, and like Mewtwo he could later get a quick 1 minute 'proper trailer' with a newcomer tagline and gameplay.

But since Sakurai has expressed that there may or may not be cgi trailers for the remaining fighters, I'd lean towards the DQ Hero and co. not getting any fancy trailers in the future (except maybe for the last one if they want a big blowout).

D

Deleted member

There will be complaints by people who don't play the JRPG genre about two JRPG leads back to back. I can assure you of this.

It doesn't even matter that Joker and Erdrick will be nothing alike. It's going to leave an impression for some that ''Well, they're not adding anyone from a genre or game style I'll recognize or play so why even bother with the Fighter Pass?"

Because there are a large chunk of people in the world who don't even play RPGS.

It's a sad life I know.
People will complain regardless, you're making this to be a bigger issue than it really is.

D

Deleted member

I could see him getting a 2nd one like how Mewtwo did. Both of them got the '_____ is on the way!' initial reveal trailer, and like Mewtwo he could later get a quick 1 minute 'proper trailer' with a newcomer tagline and gameplay.

But since Sakurai has expressed that there may or may not be cgi trailers for the remaining fighters, I'd lean towards the DQ Hero and co. not getting any fancy trailers in the future (except maybe for the last one if they want a big blowout).
Where did he say the thing about CGI trailers for the DLC?
Also I think the difference between Joekr and Mewtwo is that Mew’s first “trailer” was just a zoom in on a 3D model, while Joker’s trailer was a full-blown animated minute long showcase. He probbaly will get a second purely gameplay trailer, but I think there’s a difference.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
People will complain regardless, you're making this to be a bigger issue than it really is.
Or maybe you're not giving it enough thought.

Because I can assure you marketing wise this was thought about it. It'd be insane NOT to.

Granted Nintendo's marketing team can be a little.....flawed.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
Where did he say the thing about CGI trailers for the DLC?
Also I think the difference between Joekr and Mewtwo is that Mew’s first “trailer” was just a zoom in on a 3D model, while Joker’s trailer was a full-blown animated minute long showcase. He probbaly will get a second purely gameplay trailer, but I think there’s a difference.
https://nintendoeverything.com/saku...ate-jokers-reveal-getting-some-rest-and-more/

'I’m not sure about whether or not we’ll do reveal movies for the other DLC fighters, but I’d like to do what I can (within the realm of possibility) to make sure you all enjoy them.'

But I'm pretty certain Joker will still get second trailer that just offers actual gameplay and a tagline.

D

Deleted member

https://nintendoeverything.com/saku...ate-jokers-reveal-getting-some-rest-and-more/

'I’m not sure about whether or not we’ll do reveal movies for the other DLC fighters, but I’d like to do what I can (within the realm of possibility) to make sure you all enjoy them.'

But I'm pretty certain Joker will still get second trailer that just offers actual gameplay and a tagline.
Ah, thanks for providing a source. In that case I think Erdrick will just get a gameplay trailer. Maybe they’ll alternate between CG and gameplay for each character, or maybe they’ll just all be gameplay.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Now that we talk about late or recent characters for Smash, i would like to talk for a second about Crash.

When talking about Crash Bandicoot as a character that arrived late or in time, we have to consider one thing: Skylanders Imaginators.

First, Activision had to contact Nintendo to get the permission for the compability with the DK and Bowser figures, so Nintendo had to know at least about general stuff of the game.

In addition, the Crash Bandicoot edition of the game, alongside the character and the remasters, were revealed at E3 of 2016, meaning that Imaginators started development around 2015.
It is possible that Nintendo knew to some extent about the Crash stuff, so Crash isn’t really a pick that arrived too late, all thanks to Skylanders Imaginators.

Take in mind that Crash in Skylanders wasn’t the same deal as Spyro in the first game of that franchise. Instead of showing him as another new character or just another random figure, he was promoted as a guest and a way to build hype for the remasters. It wasn’t something like “Crash Bandicoot is trapped in Skylanders alongside Spyro. Forget him now”, but instead something like “We are bringing back Crash, and we will put him in Skylanders to make the wait fast”.
>Crash Bandicoot
>In the Square Enix thread

It's a sad life I know.
You see, I'd agree with you, except when has Sakurai and Nintendo ever really cared about genre representation? Call it bad marketing, but Sakurai just kinda adds whoever he and his team want regardless of what other people may think. Two, or even three JRPG representatives makes sense considering the genre's major popularity in Japan and moderate popularity in America.

Because I can assure you marketing wise this was thought about it. It'd be insane NOT to.

>Nintendo
>smart marketing

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

>Crash Bandicoot
>In the Square Enix thread

You see, I'd agree with you, except when has Sakurai and Nintendo ever really cared about genre representation? Call it bad marketing, but Sakurai just kinda adds whoever he and his team want regardless of what other people may think. Two, or even three JRPG representatives makes sense considering the genre's major popularity in Japan and moderate popularity in America.
Dragon Quest also has a big story on Nintendo systems, so it isn’t that out-of-place when you think about it.

D

Deleted member

This is no different from the arguments of "there's no way they'd leave just Incineroar and Ken to be revealed in the final Direct!". You keep saying it makes no sense to follow up with another RPG character disconsidering the other factors that would make a DQ character reveal sensible.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I can't at all talk bad about too many RPG reps considering how badly I want 2B and how cool I think it'd be to have Lloyd Irving in the pack. The Big Three RPGs being represented in a single game would be nuts.

MyBrokenLuigiAmiibo

Smash Cadet
In fact, why do people hate the franchise besides of the composer?
I don't hate the franchise, but I don't really like it either. I don't harbor ill feelings towards it, I just personally don't really care about it. I tried out a few of the series' games some years ago and didn't really hate 'em but didn't like them either. I found them to be a bit generic and not really as charming or endearing as most of Square's other series. My earliest memories of the series go back to some time in the '00s, I had a subscription to the monthly Shonen Jump magazine back then and one of the issues came with a demo disc for...I think it was DQ VIII? Don't really remember. I was excited to try it out because the art was done by Akira Toriyama. I remember not really enjoying it THAT much though. My reaction at the end was basically 'that was neat'. And then I never touched that demo disc again. I'm pretty sure I still have it somewhere in my basement. Some years later, into the 2010's, I tried out a couple of the other games - some of the older ones - and again didn't enjoy them that much. My feeling towards the series has pretty much always been indifference.

I've seen people often bring up the comparison to Fire Emblem in Melee, trying to argue that Dragon Quest could benefit by being in Smash due to the 'Fire Emblem effect' thanks to the marketing boost. My experiences as detailed above are why I don't think that comparison makes much sense. It's two different scenarios. Fire Emblem was completely untested in the west when Melee came out, so people saw the two randos (in the base roster, and I'll get to this later) and were interested. Dragon Quest has already had a few chances to find its footing in the west and has had a hard time doing so. I don't think that a Dragon Quest character being in Smash is going to magically make Dragon Quest a hit here. It'll definitely draw in new fans, sure, I wouldn't deny that, but I don't know if it's going to have the effect that people are hoping for.

Especially since - these characters aren't going to be in the base roster, like Marth and Roy were for Melee. I have to imagine that if Marth and Roy were released in a separate "expansion pack" for Melee back then rather than having them in the base roster, the impact may have been different. As a young lad back then, I know I probably wouldn't have been willing to ask my parents to buy me a Fire Emblem expansion pack if I didn't even know what Fire Emblem was. A Mario one? Sure, awesome. A Pokemon one? Fantastic, sign me up. However, since Marth and Roy were in the base roster, I played around with them, had fun, and became interested in trying out their series that I had never heard of before. If a Dragon Quest character was in the base roster of Ultimate, I probably would have played around with them a bit, but ultimately would not have been interested in picking up any other Dragon Quest games as I already know that I don't like them.

And since a Dragon Quest character ISN'T in the base roster of Ultimate, I definitely won't be interested in buying the DLC. Again, if they were base roster, I would have played around with them once or twice since they're there, but if I have to pay extra for them, nah I'm good. I know people are going to shout at me for "are you crazy?? you want LESS content?", but I don't really feel like spending money, even if it's just a few bucks, for a piece of content that I'm never going to use. For reference, I also never bought Bayonetta or Corrin in Smash 4. Even in Ultimate, I unlocked them, used them once for Classic mode and then that was it. I also never bought any of the Mii character costumes aside from the K. Rool/Geno costumes to show support for those characters, as I never used the Mii fighters so it would have been wasted money IMO. I definitely plan on buying the DLC piece by piece rather than going all in on the full fighter pack.

Anyways, I kind of got way off my original point, so sorry for the long winded post...I tend to go off on long posts like this. I hope that some people can see where I'm coming from with all of this, even if they don't agree. I'm not trying to come off as overly negative or like I'm trying to put anyone down - I just tried to make a simple post at the start and then it got kind of long...I spent a bit of time typing all that out so I don't feel like deleting it lol. All that said, I would be happy for DQ's fans if Erdrick got in. It's a video game and there's no reason to be petty or anything. I hope everyone gets what they want. I hope that Dragon Quest fans can be happy they got their character. I definitely wouldn't be mad if Erdrick got in or anything. I'm way too old to be getting mad at characters in a video game...and as I said I don't DISLIKE Dragon Quest, I just like most other Square Enix series way more, and would prefer Crono or Neku or something. While a Dragon Quest character would be the least hype Square Enix character rep for me, I do think all signs are pointing toward one being the likely SE choice, and I understand one would be really hype for other people and I'm cool with that. While my personal reaction to Erdrick would be "nah I'm not buying this", it would be with a laugh and a smile on my face because I'm still playing this game and enjoying the characters that already are in the game and getting excited for the DLC characters that I DO enjoy. Also I don't really frequent this thread so apologies if most of what I've said has already been repeated ad nauseam before.

Although I will admit that back in the Brawl days I thought that Slime would be a really funny character choice in the vein of a Goomba or something so I unironically supported him for a while. Slime's design also always reminded me of Gooey from Kirby so I like him because of that. I still think that if any Dragon Quest character were to get in, I would prefer it to be Slime. Although we already got Piraña Plant for the 'random enemy' character so it's probably not happening.

anyways, to get back to the original question, i feel like there's a part of me that resents dragon quest simply because whenever i see people initialing it as DQ i read it as dairy queen and i love dairy queen so i get hungry whenever i see people do that

D

Deleted member

I don't hate the franchise, but I don't really like it either. I don't harbor ill feelings towards it, I just personally don't really care about it. I tried out a few of the series' games some years ago and didn't really hate 'em but didn't like them either. I found them to be a bit generic and not really as charming or endearing as most of Square's other series. My earliest memories of the series go back to some time in the '00s, I had a subscription to the monthly Shonen Jump magazine back then and one of the issues came with a demo disc for...I think it was DQ VIII? Don't really remember. I was excited to try it out because the art was done by Akira Toriyama. I remember not really enjoying it THAT much though. My reaction at the end was basically 'that was neat'. And then I never touched that demo disc again. I'm pretty sure I still have it somewhere in my basement. Some years later, into the 2010's, I tried out a couple of the other games - some of the older ones - and again didn't enjoy them that much. My feeling towards the series has pretty much always been indifference.

I've seen people often bring up the comparison to Fire Emblem in Melee, trying to argue that Dragon Quest could benefit by being in Smash due to the 'Fire Emblem effect' thanks to the marketing boost. My experiences as detailed above are why I don't think that comparison makes much sense. It's two different scenarios. Fire Emblem was completely untested in the west when Melee came out, so people saw the two randos (in the base roster, and I'll get to this later) and were interested. Dragon Quest has already had a few chances to find its footing in the west and has had a hard time doing so. I don't think that a Dragon Quest character being in Smash is going to magically make Dragon Quest a hit here. It'll definitely draw in new fans, sure, I wouldn't deny that, but I don't know if it's going to have the effect that people are hoping for.

Especially since - these characters aren't going to be in the base roster, like Marth and Roy were for Melee. I have to imagine that if Marth and Roy were released in a separate "expansion pack" for Melee back then rather than having them in the base roster, the impact may have been different. As a young lad back then, I know I probably wouldn't have been willing to ask my parents to buy me a Fire Emblem expansion pack if I didn't even know what Fire Emblem was. A Mario one? Sure, awesome. A Pokemon one? Fantastic, sign me up. However, since Marth and Roy were in the base roster, I played around with them, had fun, and became interested in trying out their series that I had never heard of before. If a Dragon Quest character was in the base roster of Ultimate, I probably would have played around with them a bit, but ultimately would not have been interested in picking up any other Dragon Quest games as I already know that I don't like them.

And since a Dragon Quest character ISN'T in the base roster of Ultimate, I definitely won't be interested in buying the DLC. Again, if they were base roster, I would have played around with them once or twice since they're there, but if I have to pay extra for them, nah I'm good. I know people are going to shout at me for "are you crazy?? you want LESS content?", but I don't really feel like spending money, even if it's just a few bucks, for a piece of content that I'm never going to use. For reference, I also never bought Bayonetta or Corrin in Smash 4. Even in Ultimate, I unlocked them, used them once for Classic mode and then that was it. I also never bought any of the Mii character costumes aside from the K. Rool/Geno costumes to show support for those characters, as I never used the Mii fighters so it would have been wasted money IMO. I definitely plan on buying the DLC piece by piece rather than going all in on the full fighter pack.

Anyways, I kind of got way off my original point, so sorry for the long winded post...I tend to go off on long posts like this. I hope that some people can see where I'm coming from with all of this, even if they don't agree. I'm not trying to come off as overly negative or like I'm trying to put anyone down - I just tried to make a simple post at the start and then it got kind of long...I spent a bit of time typing all that out so I don't feel like deleting it lol. All that said, I would be happy for DQ's fans if Erdrick got in. It's a video game and there's no reason to be petty or anything. I hope everyone gets what they want. I hope that Dragon Quest fans can be happy they got their character. I definitely wouldn't be mad if Erdrick got in or anything. I'm way too old to be getting mad at characters in a video game...and as I said I don't DISLIKE Dragon Quest, I just like most other Square Enix series way more, and would prefer Crono or Neku or something. While a Dragon Quest character would be the least hype Square Enix character rep for me, I do think all signs are pointing toward one being the likely SE choice, and I understand one would be really hype for other people and I'm cool with that. While my personal reaction to Erdrick would be "nah I'm not buying this", it would be with a laugh and a smile on my face because I'm still playing this game and enjoying the characters that already are in the game and getting excited for the DLC characters that I DO enjoy. Also I don't really frequent this thread so apologies if most of what I've said has already been repeated ad nauseam before.

Although I will admit that back in the Brawl days I thought that Slime would be a really funny character choice in the vein of a Goomba or something so I unironically supported him for a while. Slime's design also always reminded me of Gooey from Kirby so I like him because of that. I still think that if any Dragon Quest character were to get in, I would prefer it to be Slime. Although we already got Piraña Plant for the 'random enemy' character so it's probably not happening.

anyways, to get back to the original question, i feel like there's a part of me that resents dragon quest simply because whenever i see people initialing it as DQ i read it as dairy queen and i love dairy queen so i get hungry whenever i see people do that
It’s alright pal.

Not everyone likes the same things as others.
I can never get into Doom, for example. I tried the games, even the Brutal Doom mod, but they never felt to me like the coming of Christ that everyone talked me about.

Top Bottom