• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flyboy

Smash Hero
To be fair, what does one have to lose from hoping for unlikely characters? A brief disappointment?
Some people take it way too seriously as I'm sure you've seen. I made it my mission to support weird out-there picks with my only realistic hope being Elma. I'm out here hoping for ****ing Joker and he ends up being the first DLC.

But let me tell you, this is how Ryota Hayami can still win-

StormC

Smash Hero
Toriyama's strength resides in designs for machines, robots and monsters. Humans are pretty much his weak spot.
On the other hand, Saiyan hair is the embodiment of his success at silhouette theory.

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman

I think that this is the Erdrick Sakurai will go for (leftmost guy in the middle row). It's a nice mix between the chibi and the adult artstyle.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
That was quick.
I went straight into working on it ASAP. The sooner, the better, right?

That being said, feel free to post in that thread if you have suggestions, concerns, anything of the like! I've never done anything like this before, but I feel it's time to make a splash!

D

Deleted member

That being said, feel free to post in that thread if you have suggestions, concerns, anything of the like! I've never done anything like this before, but I feel it's time to make a splash!
I will say though, if you wanna make this a big thing, you’re gonna want to spread it around. Post about it on twitter etc.
Operation Rainfall didn’t get as big as it did from one forum. In fact, I’d recommend looking up operation rainfall and seeing their tactics to gain support.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace

I really hope that this new mission ends up pulling for you guys! Wish all Geno fans the best of luck on bringing back into the Nintendo fold! :)

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
Imexcited to see what DQ can bring to smash, I admit I'd have rather slime, but Im sure Eddy can be just as Good and have an amazing moveset.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
Welp, officially time to pack it up.

Gotta admit the chance of something exactly like this happening is what kept me from making 3 or 4 comments about trusting leakers that would've bitten me in the ass.

Ultimately, I only care that he's fun. Really glad for Dragon Quest fans either way!

Mildly disappointed Nintendo didn't learn from Roy/Ryu completely, but at least it took an impressive amount of effort to dig up, and the last 3 characters will hopefully remain complete surprises.

I revoke half of the doubt I had towards Vergeben. Now, we better start seeing some Minecraft stuff soon, or I will completely disown his Minecraft statements.

(And GOD do I wanna see how a certain somebody reacts to this)

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Gotta admit the chance of something exactly like this happening is what kept me from making 3 or 4 comments about trusting leakers that would've bitten me in the ***.

Ultimately, I only care that he's fun. Really glad for Dragon Quest fans either way!

Mildly disappointed Nintendo didn't learn from Roy/Ryu completely, but at least it took an impressive amount of effort to dig up, and the last 3 characters will hopefully remain complete surprises.

I revoke half of the doubt I had towards Vergeben. Now, we better start seeing some Minecraft stuff soon, or I will completely disown his Minecraft statements.

Well, Hydra, seeing as Erdrick is in the data and there's NO sign of Steve whatsoever, I don't think Steve was too likely after all.
I have no idea what Minecraft's deal is in Ultimate, but if the Squenix content is in before it, when leakers have said they've seen Minecraft stuff in action...

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah Steve. I think he isn’t happening, or at least Vergeben’s minecraft content is false. also zzzzzz

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
It's only two characters out of five so far. Maybe I should wait a little longer, but I'd like to think the Doom rumour is close to be real and Steve got put on the backburner for some odd reason. Perhaps if Erdrick has those Anlucia and Luminary colours, I could give it some credence.

D

Deleted member

To be fair with Nintendo, using Jack and Brave as codenames aren't really telling much considering the amount of characters named Jack (Raiden, Jack Frost, Jack Krauser, Tekken Jack) and the interpretation of brave can vary. Nobody linked Jack with Joker before the leak and we are only linking Erdrick due to the rumors/Verge's list, so I can imagine if codenames are used for next characters they can be pretty difficult to link to any character.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion

Gotta admit the chance of something exactly like this happening is what kept me from making 3 or 4 comments about trusting leakers that would've bitten me in the ***.

I'm glad I'm nothing more than entertainment to you now.

D

Deleted member

imagine if one of the future dlcs has snap as the codename
Would this mean that since Pokemon Snap has Todd as the protagonist, Todd Howard would be a fighter with his final smash making you buy Skyrim?

OpticalBlast

Smash Journeyman
Alright, so let's assume that there are no licensing issues for DQ music, and Nintendo gets to put in as many songs from the franchise as they want to. What songs would you want them to add?

obligatory "LMAO MIDI" joke

DQ's music was never my favorite aspect, and the songs I do like are slower orchestral pieces, but I would like them to at least include the DQ3 Battle Theme. It's my favorite battle theme, and I don't really care what version they put in as long as it's there (although a new arrangement would be nice).

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'm glad I'm nothing more than entertainment to you now.
My parents always told me that I shouldn't get mad or react emotionally to what other people do. Because when you do, that gives them power over you, and if they get a rise out of you, they'll do it again because they can; because it's entertaining.

You really do this to yourself man. By providing kneejerk, polemic reactions to anything that's not pro-Geno you give other people power over you, and of course people will exploit that. Because they can predict it, and because it's entertaining in a sick, morbid way.

If you want that to change, then you have to realize this and change yourself so people don't get a rise out of you. Best of luck to you man.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alright, so let's assume that there are no licensing issues for DQ music, and Nintendo gets to put in as many songs from the franchise as they want to. What songs would you want them to add?

DQ's music was never my favorite aspect, and the songs I do like are slower orchestral pieces, but I would like them to at least include the DQ3 Battle Theme. It's my favorite battle theme, and I don't really care what version they put in as long as it's there (although a new arrangement would be nice).
From just DQ3?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwwpELp6oaM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBoSzrgvXFE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0jJ2u2rk3k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBK7BZo2FQI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tY1gYzVdxg
I know Smash composers are really good at taking more calm/ambient themes and suiting them for something like Smash, I bet they could work wonders with the last two I posted especially.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
My parents always told me that I shouldn't get mad or react emotionally to what other people do. Because when you do, that gives them power over you, and if they get a rise out of you, they'll do it again because they can; because it's entertaining.

You really do this to yourself man. By providing kneejerk, polemic reactions to anything that's not pro-Geno you give other people power over you, and of course people will exploit that. Because they can predict it, and because it's entertaining in a sick, morbid way.

If you want that to change, then you have to realize this and change yourself so people don't get a rise out of you. Best of luck to you man.
I just knew that once Erdrick got confirmed; people would take enjoyment in Geno/Sora getting BTFO. I'm just so tired man.... at least it's ****ing over.

D

Deleted member

I just knew that once Erdrick got confirmed; people would take enjoyment in Geno/Sora getting BTFO. I'm just so tired man.... at least it's ****ing over.
And where the **** do you see people being happy about Sora/Geno getting BTFO? If anything Erdrick fans are just being happy without shoving it to anyone and even some of us are supportive of Ovaltine's Operation Starfall.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
What, do you hang around /v/ too much? I'm pretty sure no one here has attacked people supporting Geno or Sora, if that's what you're talking about.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace

lol
If I could list them I would bore you due to how many I think are masterful songs. XD
Spoilers:
Quite a lot

Last edited:

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
So basically, there's a mix of actual leakers and people who datamined the game.

Interesting.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Well, I'm hoping the brave thing actually is referring to a DQ character. I'm not going to start celebrating yet though until everything is actually confirmed.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Well this has been a fun ride. Kinda bummed that Sora or Terra (or the Quiet Man) weren't it, but hey, this gives me an excuse to finally get around to playing DQ. I actually bought V recently using an iTunes gift card I got for Christmas, so now seems like a good time to get into that. Now we can move on to discussing more important topics in Smash speculation, like how Sans Deltarune is 110% guaranteed to be the third DLC fighter :p

D

Deleted member

Well this has been a fun ride. Kinda bummed that Sora or Terra (or the Quiet Man) weren't it, but hey, this gives me an excuse to finally get around to playing DQ. I actually bought V recently using an iTunes gift card I got for Christmas, so now seems like a good time to get into that. Now we can move on to discussing more important topics in Smash speculation, like how Sans Deltarune is 110% guaranteed to be the third DLC fighter :p
DQV is one of the best, enjoy!
Sans is one people meme about but i genuinely think he has a chance

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Get ready for the grand return of codename leaks. "My uncle works for Nintendo and says the next fighters are DragonSlayer, Skeleton, and Model"

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
Get ready for the grand return of codename leaks. "My uncle works for Nintendo and says the next fighters are DragonSlayer, Skeleton, and Model"
"And he got this from a source he knows that I also know but I can't confirm or deny this"

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
What, do you hang around /v/ too much? I'm pretty sure no one here has attacked people supporting Geno or Sora, if that's what you're talking about.
Don't you know? Appreciating and/or supporting Dragon Quest is a direct assault on the feelings, hopes, and dreams of Geno / Sora fans.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Imagine, indeed, if the next datamined codename was Snap...

... and the rest were Crackle and Pop? :dr^_^:

D

Deleted member

One of the codenames is Doll, It must be...
It's the ****ing doll boss from Final Fantasy 4. :4pacman:

Theanimator10

Smash Cadet
Pepole are saying Erdrick will be his Chibi Version as his numbers are very similar to Young Link:

"Run Speed = 1.74
That means "Brave" is between Young Link (1.749) and Kirby (1.727)

Weight = 101
That means that "Brave" is between Megaman (102) and Mii Sword Fighter (100)

"Brave" cannot wall jump, which may imply a non-acrobatic body shape

"Brave" does not have a jab combo

"Brave" is classified as a medium sized character (i.e. Kirby, Young Link, Megaman, ect)
Good! I'm hoping that's the case!

RandomAce

Smash Champion
They did learn a bit by using code names instead of the actual names. Like, if Joker wasn’t revealed, would you have thought that “Jack” was somehow connected to Joker? Or if Erdrick and DQ wasn’t talked about as much as it did, people would be having flame wars on what “Brave” is supposed to mean.

The only reason why we know who they are is because of background information (or in Joker’s case, a straight up reveal). We simply connected the dots on what we know so far.

So unless if they get leaked, or their codename is pretty straight forward, we may have a tougher time with the other upcoming characters.

Last edited:
Top Bottom