• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Can you get me caught up? Where have Polar and Verge said this?

Also; P5A being delayed isn't too unreasonable. But P5A being delayed due to the GBF fighter as the leak claims IS unreasonable.

(thanks for the future catching up if possible TPC <3)
Two things.

1. Granblue Versus is almost 100% coming to Switch (THIS IS NOT A LEAK, PLEASE NOBODY TWIST MY WORDS AGAIN. I AM NOT LEAKING HERE). If only because of how Arcsys is, and considering Nintendo owns a lot of Cygame's shares. Think of Blablue cross, etc. Sometimes it just takes a while, i.e. DBZ Fighters.

2. This leak just prompted Xenother, Hitagi, and (partially) Verge to come forward about hearing Erdrick the most. It isn't necessarily what made everybody sure of him, but it encouraged Xenother (and, additionally Hitagi and Verge) to come forward about Erdrick as well on GameFAQs. It is certainly not what made them say Erdrick, they were already quite sure it was Erdrick to begin with.
As a compilation, so far:

-the Japanese Erdrick leak exists
-Xenother is all in on Erdrick
-Hitagi is all in on Erdrick
-Verge is leaning to Erdrick but doesn't want to go all in on him yet
-I'm leaning to Erdrick but not going 100% in until my source hears Erdrick personally.
Is it unreasonable to believe that people working on P5A could've been taken to work on the GranBlue Fantasy game? Sounds like regular game development to me.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Just a random OT question after playing some more World of Light. Is it just me or is it a massive disappointment that the spirits don't come with some form of biography

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Is it unreasonable to believe that people working on P5A could've been taken to work on the GranBlue Fantasy game? Sounds like regular game development to me.
...honestly, yea. Because it's two entirely different teams with two entirely different forms of expertise.
The fact that the P5A team is animating 2D sprites and not 3D models should be enough.
It just doesn't work out TPC, and it also doesn't make sense as to why someone would know the inner philosophy of why P5A was halted.

And, well, guess I'll die. Thank you for catching me up though king.

StormC

Smash Hero
Its pretty easy to make a fake smash picture for Joker. There's lots of people who rip character models and then insert them into stage images.

Edit: Ill look for the picture.

Edit #2: StormC StormC

https://imgur.com/a/wj710Dt here is the image
Calling fake. Show me something on the level of the Ken leak (multiple characters doing a specific action) and then we'll talk.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Just a random OT question after playing some more World of Light. Is it just me or is it a massive disappointment that the spirits don't come with some form of biography
I think it's pretty understandable. There is a lot of spirits, and would they have to make descriptions for every form? In the end, the purpose of the spirits are for the more game play side of things, not for the info that trophies gave.

D

Deleted member

With 1k+ spirits would have been wayyyy too much
it is a shame though, some stuff is so obscure that not even google can save us

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Close to giving up boys.

The Leaker 4 being so dead certain on Erdrick makes me think this goes beyond NINTENDO's foolery with the DLC; the Squenix rep has been a beast of it's own for a while now.

Erdrick makes sense. He's gonna sell. He'd represent a huge series. Japan loves the guy.

I'm so tired, y'all. I really am. I'll try to trek on for a few more months-honestly, I'll be debating Geno until the day he's confirmed or deconfirmed probably in 5 months-but I'm so worn out. Sora fans have had it damn rough too.

Erdrick's coming, and I'm not happy about it, though I am glad his supporters will be able to enjoy him.

And to my son...
2f0.gif

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
And to prove it, someone probably just used an already existing model online so just go into google and start googling persona 5 joker models.

https://sketchfab.com/models/feb5abf77da84dac9d1a9ed2cf3b4c8e

Like honestly if you see the screenshot with incineroar his shoes look ****ed up and in this model they are ****ed up as well. Then if you look at the screenshot it doesn't even look like Joker is using the same engine as the other ultimate characters. Its so obvious its fake.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Close to giving up boys.

The Leaker 4 being so dead certain on Erdrick makes me think this goes beyond NINTENDO's foolery with the DLC; the Squenix rep has been a beast of it's own for a while now.

Erdrick makes sense. He's gonna sell. He'd represent a huge series. Japan loves the guy.

I'm so tired, y'all. I really am. I'll try to trek on for a few more months-honestly, I'll be debating Geno until the day he's confirmed or deconfirmed probably in 5 months-but I'm so worn out. Sora fans have had it damn rough too.

Erdrick's coming, and I'm not happy about it, though I am glad his supporters will be able to enjoy him.

And to my son...
View attachment 183494
We go down together.

Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 8.37.53 PM.png

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Its pretty easy to make a fake smash picture for Joker. There's lots of people who rip character models and then insert them into stage images.

Edit: Ill look for the picture.

Edit #2: StormC StormC

https://imgur.com/a/wj710Dt here is the image
Let's see here:

-Dun goofed-up lighting engine if we look at Joker's shadow
-Placeholders are weird
-Series icon is Kirby's
-wat

Honestly it doesn't seem like something they'd want to give to even play-testers.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
And to prove it, someone probably just used an already existing model online so just go into google and start googling persona 5 joker models.

Like honestly if you see the screenshot with incineroar his shoes look ****ed up and in this model they are ****ed up as well. Then if you look at the screenshot it doesn't even look like Joker is using the same engine as the other ultimate characters. Its so obvious its fake.
Yeah, that Arms/Decidueye leak looks more real then this

AugustusB

Smash Champion

The buttons are are the wrong side of his coat compared to model you have here.

Probably fake gang, but who knows.

EDIT: Unless he flips like Greninja and others do, but that shouldn't change his clothes right?

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Every character has there pros and cons, there massive support and popularity falters, and so on. I am still hopeful for Geno, and while I do not completely trust the leakers considering how the DLC is, I will not disagree that Erdrick means a lot to many and would be a good choice overall. I just hope that Geno will get his chance to shine again, be it this DLC pack, the possible future DLC packs, or beyond even that. I have no doubt that Geno community will never cease in it's support. I know I will be around for a good while, at the very least.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
I'm on team fake with this. Good picture/video footage leaks are incredibly rare (ESRB and Ken being the only examples of it). Not that it matters, because everyone knows Joker is in the game, so we might as well just wait for a proper gameplay trailer instead of giving this **** any attention.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I've seen Optimistic comments from the Geno thread. Optimistic is anti because of the composer.
And I’m saying he actually doesn’t care about it and is just saying it to make himself look better.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
I'm going public with this, because I don't think it matters much. The person who said Geno and Sephiroth were the "finalists" is active on Smashboards, and he's a flat out liar. You may know him from the Isaac thread as SpaceKing, a guy who claimed to have a source. All he has ever given is a random Enix linkedin profile with no legitimate proof. What convinced me to openly declare him as fake is because he made a 'leak' today that makes absolutely no sense, and further goes to show why you shouldn't believe the "Geno vs. Sephiroth" thing. He is now claiming that Nomura is retiring once KH7 releases, something that is flat out wrong. First of all, Nomura is directing and producing the FF7 remake, which is set to come out thru episodes that will likely take years, and probably isn't even going to release the first episode in 2019. Second of all, Nomura literally commented on wanting to make a TWEWY sequel just a couple months ago, which would make no sense if he is retiring in the next month. Just thought I'd put that out there, lol.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Don't be so deadset on Erdrick, y'all. While the evidence is all pointing that way, we've been duped before.

Also, if so many insiders are so dead set on it being Erdrick... what if it isn't? Think about it. A lot of TGA stuff was leaked on 4chan, and while a lot of it was real, there were some red herrings, mainly in terms of Nintendo. We never got Metroid or Bayonetta info, but Joker's reveal instead. With Squeenix being known for setting up red herrings, too, it makes me wonder.

Basically, again, for those who don't want Erdrick, keep your expectations very low and just presume he's in. For those who do want Erdrick, temper your expectations, as well. We might all be played here. We just don't know.

ETA: In terms of Geno, though, I've just about given up on him myself lmao. It really sucks since I felt this was his best shot, but hey, I'm going to put all of my hopes into praying for that Mii costume's return.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Imagine Erdrick being announced and then the Geno Mii swoops in

Imagine Sakurai and tha boys trying to hype us up for that

Please imagine this

Imagine

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Imagine Erdrick being announced and then the Geno Mii swoops in

Imagine Sakurai and tha boys trying to hype us up for that

Please imagine this

Imagine
Well if Panda's source's info is true, they must be really deaf expecting a lot of Mii Costume hype after what happened with Isaac and his AT, since numerous people take Costumes as a graveyard as well despite the "compensation" and Chrom.

Nintendo better prepare for angry phone calls.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Well if Panda's source's info is true, they must be really deaf expecting a lot of Mii Costume hype after what happened with Isaac and his AT, since numerous people take Costumes as a graveyard as well despite the "compensation" and Chrom.

Nintendo better prepare for angry phone calls.
Lol did a source say the Mii costume DLC will be hype

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Additionally, this SpaceKing person has claimed to know Sakurai's reaction to various things. In particular, he said something along the lines of "Sakurai's reaction to Isaac backlash was funny!" which, makes no sense... He claims to have an Enix translator who somehow knows Sakurai's reaction??

Bottom line is, don't take this SpaceKing person too seriously, he's a known troll.

D

Deleted member

Close to giving up boys.

And to my son...
View attachment 183494
Gotta keep in mind that nothing is set in stone now. Nothing is confirmed until we hear it from Sakurai's mouth.
But, still, thanks for being cool about it. With all the hostility I've seen towards this possibility in various corners of the internet I genuinely appreciate it.

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
Can you imagine Nintendo releasing another mii type as one of the characters you get with the 5 man dlc. That would be the biggest troll.

D

Deleted member

Can you imagine Nintendo releasing another mii type as one of the characters you get with the 5 man dlc. That would be the biggest troll.
Introducing...
MII SWORDBRAWLGUNNER!
His fists are blades that can shoot bullets!

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, they should try a custom character for the last ultimate DLC character. Make a contest where someone invents a character and then make that character a reality in the game. I know this has been mentioned before but It would be refreshing instead of speculating about every character on the list lol.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
No. He directly told me that NoA is using Mii Costumes as compensation, similar to Smash 4. That is why NoA had a generally surprised reaction to Isaac's mii costume/AT getting backlash.. lol. They legitimately think mii costumes make up for a lack of characters for some people. I guess it's fair, though.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Oh, no, I meant that his source said Nintendo didn't expect the backlash created by Isaac's AT, so they made a Mii Costume as compensation.

I kinda messed up my memory and wording tbh, although I still can't believe they would actually think a surprise Geno mii costume would hype most fans when they've probably already dealt with Isaac fans and certainly Waluigi fans.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
No. He directly told me that NoA is using Mii Costumes as compensation, similar to Smash 4. That is why NoA had a generally surprised reaction to Isaac's mii costume/AT getting backlash.. lol. They legitimately think mii costumes make up for a lack of characters for some people. I guess it's fair, though.
Boy Oh Boy
This ****in' Sucks!

A Book by Me

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Yikes! I mean, I already assumed Mii costumes were intentionally that, what with King. K. Rool, Lloyd and the Inklings being part of them; but with a declaration like that, I can only say: Rex supporters are going to have a bad time.

Top Bottom